• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

This isn't 2006 anymore. No one uses public voice chat anymore. Except for weirdos and annoying people. Those get muted quickly though.

It has nothing to do with it being 2016. People still use mics in other games, like Rainbow Six Siege. People just don't use mics in Battlefield because it doesn't encourage it.

It has nothing to do with it being 2016. People still use mics in other games, like Rainbow Six Siege. People just don't use mics in Battlefield because it doesn't encourage it.

In squad mic are opened by default and it's very annoying.
I think that we reach a point that playing with randoms in FPS is near to impossible, at least on console (from a personal experience).
The only exception i can see right now is high tiers competitive CSGO and especially Siege. The worst case for me is Overwatch. You barely see any competitive games without people insulting each others when they are loosing.

the only time i hear people use the headset is to annoy everybody by placing the mic next to the TV speaker XD

or yelling out of nowhere to scare you XD

Spat_triate

Do we have a BF1 PC community? This will be my first BF game since BC2, so I need a reliably mature group to play with. The Discord server thing has had very little activity it seems.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

chiliboy

Do we have a BF1 PC community? This will be my first BF game since BC2, so I need a reliably mature group to play with. The Discord server thing has had very little activity it seems.

Eh? There are people online every evening playing on the discord - are you EU or NA? :)
add steelchiliboy on origin if you are EU, I'll get you sorted!

Spat_triate

Eh? There are people online every evening playing on the discord - are you EU or NA? :)
add steelchiliboy on origin if you are EU, I'll get you sorted!

I'm NA. To be fair I've only checked it 3 or 4 evenings, but the BF1 channels are usually empty. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

WillyFive

I should stop fucking flying because I just shot down three times in a row by people just using guns from the ground.

You cannot understand how stupid I felt. Even worse they were all deaths to the same fucking guy.

AA are extremely overpowered and need to be nerfed. Which is weird because they were fine in the beta, but are a pain in the final game. It seems that DICE can't help themselves in making flying an unpleasant and unfair experience every time.

moai

if i remember correctly in bf4 you could create platoons and if you were accepted you got the gaf logo. can you create platoons on bf1?

Firebrand

I wanna try sniping as I've barely put 30 mins into it. What's an easy to use sniping rifle to get used to distances? Tbh I'd rather stick to the back of my squad rather than sit on top of a hill for the entire game, but I also do like spotting and stuff.

chiliboy

I wanna try sniping as I've barely put 30 mins into it. What's an easy to use sniping rifle to get used to distances? Tbh I'd rather stick to the back of my squad rather than sit on top of a hill for the entire game, but I also do like spotting and stuff.

M1903 sniper and russian sniper :)
use the trench periscope and flare gun spot as tools - help your team out :D

edit: oh shit sorry for doublepost :(

I've always found the SMLE with no scope being the most efficient.

I used to run on the frontline with it.

Cyborg

Spamming bombs while Im support! Every time you throw (new) ammo on the ground you gain a granade! So epic and lame

So epic and lame

nsr.gif

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Great video bro, it is a fantastic gun. Try the autoloader extended aswell, just really great guns - well balanced and rewarding!

Deff have tried it, I like it because it shoots incredibly fast however I feel it lacks stopping power a little. But I guess due to the higher ROF you can comprise with that by getting more bullets down range faster.

does anybody know a good informative and interesting documentary about WW1 ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3638584/

There's a WW2 one also, both have lots of colour footage.

There's also Hardcore History's 'Blueprint For Armageddon' series, a podcast, which is what I'm listening to at the minute.

I'd watch the Apocalypse ones if you're either looking for a basic overview (if you already know about the war, you won't learn anything new) or you're looking for the realest shit. The information in the Apocalypse docs isn't new or revolutionary but you can't overhype (I won't miss a chance to mention these docs if we're talking war documentaries) the impact of the real, contemporary footage. When I was watching the WW2 one I was practically yelling at the TV like drop the camera dude and run there's fucking bombs flying everywhere. If you haven't read anything since high school on the war then it's a great documentary and you'll learn and see a lot.

Also you don't want to avoid learning about how the war started. It's a pretty amazing tale of assassination then missteps, misconceptions, timetables, and all sorts of crazy shit.

Cynn

AA are extremely overpowered and need to be nerfed. Which is weird because they were fine in the beta, but are a pain in the final game. It seems that DICE can't help themselves in making flying an unpleasant and unfair experience every time.
Ever since BF3's late game patches DICE has had a mission to make pilots miserable. BF4 was misery from day one to now. BF1 is the best it's been for a long time. If they tone down or remove some AA stations per map it would be a great experience. I doubt they will though.

Mahonay

Banned
Ever since BF3's late game patches DICE has had a mission to make pilots miserable. BF4 was misery from day one to now. BF1 is the best it's been for a long time. If they tone down or remove some AA stations per map it would be a great experience. I doubt they will though.
You need the AA gun emplacements to fight the Behemoth Air Ships. But yeah right now they feel way too powerful against any other fighter/bomber planes that fly by.
bye bye warbonds, time to buy a bunch of battlebacks...
You use scrap, not warbonds, to buy Battlepacks.

In the WW1 videos, for air war stuff look up the History Channel's Dogfights series for WW1. Lots of technical breakdowns on tactics and machines.

Edit: Full eps on YouTube

chiliboy

You need the AA gun emplacements to fight the Behemoth Air Ships. But yeah right now they feel way too powerful against any other fighter/bomber planes that fly by.

You use scrap, not warbonds, to buy Battlepacks.

They could do some kind of nerf to the AA against regular planes but on the other hand, I think we need it - otherwise we get the game ruined by planes like in BF2 and especially BF 1942, remember that? Was absolutely silly at times with pro plane players everywhere.

They could maybe reduce the loss of control portion of AA and maybe take away a few AAs from a few maps, they have a bit too much coverage at the moment.

bye bye warbonds, time to buy a bunch of battlebacks...

I don't think you can buy battlebacks with warbonds. Only scraps points I think. Could be wrong though.

These skins are getting better I'll admit.

Alsi, when purchasing the early enlisted, wasn't there promised skins for the behemoths or did I read that incorrectly?

Edit: I was right, from GameStop description.

New visual appearance on the largest vehicles in the game:
Frontline Camouflage Train
Night Raid Airship
Dazzle Camouflage Dreadnought

Has anyone been able to change the skin?

I don't think you can buy battlebacks with warbonds. Only scraps points I think. Could be wrong though.

Alsi, when purchasing the early enlisted, wasn't there promised skins for the behemoths or did I read that incorrectly?

The behemoths skins are automatically applied.

LightInfa

You can, but the only way I've been able to access it is during the loading page before a match- if you don't have any battlepacks sitting around it lets you buy some with warbonds.

EDIT: I was half right - you don't use warbonds, you use scraps from battlepack skins you didn't keep

Top Bottom