• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Hjod

Banned
I just got thrown out of a game and my party, DNS error, hopefully not another DDOS attack.

Edit: Nvm, it's working again.

I'm having a problem.

It must have been an instruction or tooltip I've missed.
I can't fire rifles.
I'm playing the campaign, and in both the tank and pilot stories, during the on foot sections... I've been unable to fire rifles. I can fire pistols and machine guns, but not rifles.

Have I missed something?
Please help.

The first rifle I can remember getting in the campaign required you to be prone (so your character can prop up the bipod).

Maybe that is the one you are trying to use?

Nuszka

I'm having a problem.

It must have been an instruction or tooltip I've missed.
I can't fire rifles.
I'm playing the campaign, and in both the tank and pilot stories, during the on foot sections... I've been unable to fire rifles. I can fire pistols and machine guns, but not rifles.

Have I missed something?
Please help.

If its ps4, check your triggers. Had the same issue, some weapons have different dead zone. I had to get a new controller.
Edit : or what above is posted. I actually haven't touched the campaign yet.

If its ps4, check your triggers. Had the same issue, some weapons have different dead zone. I had to get a new controller.

Good point - my friend had to shelf his custom pad because the triggers weren't registering

He uses his standard pad and worked fine

Can someone add me to the ps4 group? PSN: Sewious_Duck
I'm in the UK and mostly play for a couple of hours in the early evening, but I'm on whenever I can grab some free time.

I managed to get that order of the lion medal done last night. Between my progress being reset 3 times, and trying to get 3 melee kills in one life, it took a while. Managed to get it after the fog crept in and I just bayonet charged around a point they were capping and got lucky.

I don't mind the medal requirements being tracked in order, or even only having 5 assigned per week, but only being able to track 1 at a time is pretty bad design. Have them all active and let us decide how to adjust our play style to earn the ones we want.

Nope, Xbox elite controller. But I did shorten the trigger pull. I'll see if undoing that fixes it. It's odd that it works fine on other weapons though.

Added you in mate

Nice one Pankratous.

If we come to a point where my party gets full tonight, and we still have gaffers wanting to play - would you be open to running a second party?

We've seen you top the table consecutively and you know your stuff so... it makes sense

If we get enough gaffers we could even do a gaf vs gaf server game for the lolz

JJShadow

Yeah mate was jolly. I should be on at the same time again.

Yeah was decent, good couple of wins on conquest, pretty sure I'll be on the same time tonight so I'll see you there.

Nice! See you both this evening then :)

Can someone add me to the ps4 group? PSN: Sewious_Duck
I'm in the UK and mostly play for a couple of hours in the early evening, but I'm on whenever I can grab some free time.

I managed to get that order of the lion medal done last night. Between my progress being reset 3 times, and trying to get 3 melee kills in one life, it took a while. Managed to get it after the fog crept in and I just bayonet charged around a point they were capping and got lucky.

I don't mind the medal requirements being tracked in order, or even only having 5 assigned per week, but only being able to track 1 at a time is pretty bad design. Have them all active and let us decide how to adjust our play style to earn the ones we want.

I'll send you a FR, I'm usually online around 6-7 pm UK time as well

Xyber

I stand by the fact that one person can do it.

Two dynamite charges - completely disable it.
Two Tank grenades - should destroy it completely
Last resort - stick grenade.

When 2 or 3 people do it, it's an instant destruction

Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time (because fucking no one else seems to care about them). I prefer AT rocket over dynamites though, a lot of the time it can be fairly risky to get close enough to do any damage with them.

Yeah, definitely. I do it all the time (because fucking no one else seems to care about them). I prefer AT rocket over dynamites though, a lot of the time it can be fairly risky to get close enough to do any damage with them.

That's all in the fun! You see one - you run cover to cover - you baseball slide etc....

Cap a couple mofo's nearby with your bad boy model 10 - lob a dynamite. Hell - sometimes in the excitement you suicide on it.

They soon learn to fear you haha

Nice one Pankratous.

If we come to a point where my party gets full tonight, and we still have gaffers wanting to play - would you be open to running a second party?

We've seen you top the table consecutively and you know your stuff so... it makes sense

If we get enough gaffers we could even do a gaf vs gaf server game for the lolz

Not 100% sure I'll make it on tonight as the missus will be over - will need to see how open she is to me being online!

Xater

Mines man. Most tank drivers are dumb enough to never check the road to a capture point.

Xyber

Mines man. Most tank drivers are dumb enough to never check the road to a capture point.

I only have bad luck with mines, no matter where I put them I constantly get drivers who spot them. :p

And I have also never been blown up by mines that was in my path. Think I have died to them 1 or 2 times by people who placed them behind me in my 70 hours.

I should stop fucking flying because I just shot down three times in a row by people just using guns from the ground.

You cannot understand how stupid I felt. Even worse they were all deaths to the same fucking guy.

I love mines in this game, and the amount of shit usually littered on the battlefield means they can be hidden quite well.

Also being able to lay them with your primary still out doesn't inform a tank what you're doing like in some of the older games, so quite often I run from a tank dropping them as I go and when it comes after me it blows up.

Theorry

This one looks awesome.

screenshot-originald8use.png

Endy MacK

Am I doing something wrong, or is there no voice chat on PS4? I have the PS Gold headset, 8 hours played and have never heard any chat whatsoever...

Xater

Am I doing something wrong, or is there no voice chat on PS4? I have the PS Gold headset, 8 hours played and have never heard any chat whatsoever...

This isn't 2006 anymore. No one uses public voice chat anymore. Except for weirdos and annoying people. Those get muted quickly though.

I should stop fucking flying because I just shot down three times in a row by people just using guns from the ground.

You cannot understand how stupid I felt. Even worse they were all deaths to the same fucking guy.

You can and should use that to your advantage. Usually AA guns are around point A or F so you know what area to avoid flying to close. Especially if he shoots you down once, you can be sure to target him with rockets or a bomber next time. 3rd times in you and I would make it my mission to hunt him down on foot from that point.

This isn't 2006 anymore. No one uses public voice chat anymore. Except for weirdos and annoying people. Those get muted quickly though.

I was literally out of gaming from 2006 and returned last year, no one chatting really surprised me. Buuut I'm not a weirdo. I've only been in a full squad full of mics with strangers ONCE and that was during the early enlisted period. Since then no one uses mics :/

Sometimes I'll turn on my mic to let my squad now the enemy abandoned their tank and they should get out of my tank and steal theirs. No one moves :'( the rage.

Xater

Hah! Fair point. Thanks ;)

Sorry I wasn't trying to imply anything about you. Hope it didn't come off that way. It's just that the times really have changed when it comes to voice chat. TBH I don't miss dozens of teenagers talking bullshit during my gameplay.

Theorry

first of all it does but

the enemy will love it if you run around with a bright white weapon^^

reminds me of the gold weapons in Gears of war . Makes you an even bigger target^^

I very much doubt if they can see that.
And if they see that they probably already have seen me. ;)

bidguy

Banned
first of all it does but

the enemy will love it if you run around with a bright white weapon^^

reminds me of the gold weapons in Gears of war . Makes you an even bigger target^^

this isnt all ghillied up you can easily spot people no matter what weapon they have

Theorry

does anybody know a good informative and interesting documentary about WW1 ?

:)

I really recommend people to watch this on YT about WW1. For every year starting in 1914 there is a vid. Its really well explained (great voice also) in about 12 min and has great graphics also so its easy to understand. I know alot of people didnt learn much about WW1 in school compared to WW2. And this really helps. Do yourself a favor. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbwH1ZBnYds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSzHDW0IsoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-b746J2SdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz0Wz-o4dTI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zapbLqZUwrA

Top Bottom