• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Additionally, any movies about WW1 (other than Paths of Glory)?
latest

1966 but a decent movie

LightInfa

My current issue is that via emblem editor extension I can use the patch as a background image for an emblem, but can't find a way to save it without adding any of the standard emblem images to it.

EDIT: Now I see there's no way to import custom images into it- merely can use them as a guide...

moai

2955852762163787907.png

here is the emblem that gaf platoon uses on ps4 (dont know who did it) on bf4. but i dont have the code, when you join the platoon it sets it as your emblem automatically.

The Dude

The only thing that cracks me up in Conquest is how nobody misses a beat, nobody.. People are on me instantly pretty much no matter where you make your moves at. Can be snipers, or tanks, everyone. Yet I watch videos of these guys on YouTube and they stand in middle of fields just moving and shooting the most brain dead, morons on the planet and I wanna know what server these guys play on lol it's almost like they get 60 people go volunteer and say just act dumb so I can kill you all effortlessly.. Seriously watch videos sometimes, it's hilarious how many guys are just laying prone somewhere on a field or just running aimlessly thru an area and the youtuber just stands without hardly any snipers, no tanks on them, nothing. I hold my own but it so doesn't happen like that in game, people see a person and they all and I fucking mean all of them will fire at once.

Grsat game tho, lookin forward to the updates

patientx

I really hate campers -our side- in rush ! Idiots just sit there at the spawn fear of their k/d ratio. We need a skill based auto game matching for this game.

vixlar

The only thing that cracks me up in Conquest is how nobody misses a beat, nobody.. People are on me instantly pretty much no matter where you make your moves at. Can be snipers, or tanks, everyone. Yet I watch videos of these guys on YouTube and they stand in middle of fields just moving and shooting the most brain dead, morons on the planet and I wanna know what server these guys play on lol it's almost like they get 60 people go volunteer and say just act dumb so I can kill you all effortlessly.. Seriously watch videos sometimes, it's hilarious how many guys are just laying prone somewhere on a field or just running aimlessly thru an area and the youtuber just stands without hardly any snipers, no tanks on them, nothing. I hold my own but it so doesn't happen like that in game, people see a person and they all and I fucking mean all of them will fire at once.

Hahahaha. I get that same feeling!!!

Orcus

That's what it looks like when you edit 4 hours of recorded gameplay down to a 15 minute gameplay video. If you can find some longer raw footage, or those same players streaming on Twitch, you'll see that they are usually really good players, but deal with the same stuff we all do.

This game, man.

I was working to capture some flag, somewhere.. laying prone.. two enemies round the corner and I just know I'm going to die, then out of f'ing nowhere they explode and fly into the sky... thanks Dreadnought!

"Battlefield Moments" are what make this game for me. I also feel like I can have 'good games' even when my aim is off by working as a support class, or capping flags, or whatever. Even losing an Operation feels like fun in the end.

The Dude

That's what it looks like when you edit 4 hours of recorded gameplay down to a 15 minute gameplay video. If you can find some longer raw footage, or those same players streaming on Twitch, you'll see that they are usually really good players, but deal with the same stuff we all do.

That makes sense but there are times where it's one section of a match, 3 to 5 minutes of flowing combat and just they don't get targeted and there are guys just laying on the ground and just running around like morons, I'll try to dig up one of the videos in particular.. It's absolutely hilarious, I'd have 500 kills a match if I played with guys like these youtubers do

Is there a way to turn off the auto aim?

Also when using the turrets or any weapon in a vehicle, does anyone else have the issue where you see any enemy and move to aim at him but there's that slight stick so you either aim before or past the target? Not sure how best to describe it.

Theorry

That feeling when you are going ham with the flamethrower and you get a message that you need to stop abusing the flamethrower.

spider-man-whedon-3-1430829073.gif

Anyone experience constant system lock-ups on Xbox One when attempting to play the second mission in the campaign. I can't get past the video. I can, however, play other missions.

Man screw this respawn system. I played Argonne Forest, selected "B" as my spawnpoint, morfed into my character while an enemy soldier ran through me and I face another three enemy soldiers and get wrecked. WTF is this shit?

Man screw this respawn system. I played Argonne Forest, selected "B" as my spawnpoint, morfed into my character while an enemy soldier ran through me and I face another three enemy soldiers and get wrecked. WTF is this shit?

Yeah, the spawns need a ton of work. I have spawned so many times with enemies or tanks looking right at me. On Ballroom Blitz, I spawned on 'C' and it put me in the Hallways. But to my surprise there was a Light Tank in the Hallways looking right at me. Took a couple of steps before I died. The game loves to spawn you near a group of enemies or vehicles or just flat out spawn you right out in the open in the middle sniper fire.

Yeah, the spawns need a ton of work. I have spawned so many times with enemies or tanks looking right at me. On Ballroom Blitz, I spawned on 'C' and it put me in the Hallways. But to my surprise there was a Light Tank in the Hallways looking right at me. Took a couple of steps before I died. The game loves to spawn you near a group of enemies or vehicles or just flat out spawn you right out in the open in the middle sniper fire.

It's especially hilarious considering the game sometimes prevents you from spawning near your squad mates when they are under fire...

That feeling when you are going ham with the flamethrower and you get a message that you need to stop abusing the flamethrower.

spider-man-whedon-3-1430829073.gif

I had an amazing flamethrower run on Argonne, it was just me and a medic holding B (the bunker room) everyone trying to get in but I kept blasting all the doors with fire and the medic kept throwing med packs at me.
Killed like 30 of them before one finally bayonet charged me. But I managed to keep their entire team off B for like 2 minutes. They were pretty mad afterwards :D

Orcus

Yes, spawns are broke. I'm hoping it's addressed in the November patch.

Donos

Holy shit, don't tell me you can't set L1/R1 to zoom/fire... what year is this. You can adjust everything and then some but not that? Really really disappointed with this. I know you can change that on the PS4/OS level but i really can't understand why this is not an option. Was the same with RS Siege.

Yup, it sucks when you kill 1 or 2 enemies just to have another magically appear right in front of yiu as a squad spawn and kill you since you're reloading.

Another is spawn camping the boats. The enemy just sat by our boats killing us before we know what happens.

Thanks 5taquitos, I should've found that a long time ago. Nothing worse than trying to target a specific enemy while another runs by throwing off your shooting so now you have 2 weakened enemies shooting at you.

Pons

Neo Member
Opinions on the best of the LMG's? Currently sporting the 100 clip MG 15 Storm variant which I hear is good, but see a lot recommending the BAR as well. Storm variants tend to be better than the Trench or telescopic variants?

Theorry

Opinions on the best of the LMG's? Currently sporting the 100 clip MG 15 Storm variant which I hear is good, but see a lot recommending the BAR as well. Storm variants tend to be better than the Trench or telescopic variants?

Personal wich versions you like really.
But the BAR is indeed next to MG15 the best. But the BAR is more a assault rifle. Small mag also and the MG15 is a real LMG.

Hjod

Banned

I mostly use the BAR Storm, I prefer it because it feels faster to aim and I prefer the BARs iron sights. But the MG15 is a beast too, they are both great so try em both and find the one you like the most I guess.

Lender

Omg, we finally made it to Empire's Edge in the Iron Walls Operations, only to strand at the last sector. We even got the last flag blue 75%, but some people just didn't wanna push for some reason, and as a result the enemy always had a man too many for us. Awesome game though, but sour that we didn't win it. :(

battlefield111.04.201deudj.jpg

Surfinn

Tanks don't dominate against a good assault player. I stand fully by the arguement that one assault player can easily take out multiple tanks, it just requires dying in between.

If you're a good tank you're not getting killed by one soldier. You're not sneaking up on me when I have 3rd person up (unless you're waiting stationary at a single point in a ditch all game dreaming about a tank explosion). Never had this issue in 60+ hours. The only problem I have is rolling backward and exploding myself on an AT mine (well placed by someone). If I died to a mine, it was my fault and could have been avoided.

Sometimes the other team just has too much firepower and work together (while your team sucks). But a good tanker is not dying to one guy more than once, sorry. That's your (the tanker's) own fault.

Top Bottom