• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Drencrom

Omg, we finally made it to Empire's Edge in the Iron Walls Operations, only to strand at the last sector. We even got the last flag blue 75%, but some people just didn't wanna push for some reason, and as a result the enemy always had a man too many for us. Awesome game though, but sour that we didn't win it. :(

battlefield111.04.201deudj.jpg

I love Operations, but man... attackers pretty much never win.

Like, everytime I spawn as an defender in Operations I basically know I'm gonna win. I've played a ton of Operations and I've yet to see attackers (the brits) win in Oil of Empires (I was close once, but we lost on the last sector on the last map).

Pheace

If you're a good tank you're not getting killed by one soldier. You're not sneaking up on me when I have 3rd person up (unless you're waiting stationary at a single point in a ditch all game dreaming about a tank explosion). Never had this issue in 60+ hours. The only problem I have is rolling backward and exploding myself on an AT mine (well placed by someone). If I died to a mine, it was my fault and could have been avoided.

Sometimes the other team just has too much firepower and work together (while your team sucks). But a good tanker is not dying to one guy more than once, sorry. That's your (the tanker's) own fault.

Wouldn't go that far, I dump my mines and immediately shoot them, taking us all out in a blaze of glory :p

Surfinn

Wouldn't go that far, I dump my mines and immediately shoot them, taking us all out in a blaze of glory :p

True, you can shoot them. Though I'm pretty sure I run over almost all of the ones that damage or kill me. Lol can you actually teamkill with mines?

Hello lovely people :D add me on origin, steelchiliboy.
Please go and download discord and go to the first page of this OT, there you can find information on how to join the Neogaf discord. We are a bunch of people that play the game almost every evening together with microphones - so much fun!

added you on origin and I'm on discord as well.

"Do you want to join your party?" (who are playing operations)
*yes*
*game loads*
*spawn into a random game of TDM with nobody I know*

Good going game

Picked this up early after enjoying the beta.

Not feeling it at all, I expected the multiplayer to be more methodical and strategic. It's literally run and gun.

The quantity of guns really doesn't matter. 95% of the players use the same handful of guns either way. When there are ton of options, most of the guns end up being shitty filler just to give the illusion of choice.
Right.

I feel they can better balance all the existing guns instead

5taquitos

What are people's thought on Universal Aiming? I'm sure it was discussed to death when it was introduced a few years ago, but I had never used it before and just now turned it on for BF1. Haven't had much time to dig in, but it feels pretty good.

RoKKeR

So checking in on the player count on Infinite Warfare's launch day and they look...mostly the same as they have been before? Pretty impressive, will see if it holds.

Create your own Squad and just make sure to assign objectives so people looking for a good squad leader knows you are on top of it.

Not the best advice. I always try to join a squad with 3 or 4 people and no less. More spawn points determine wether you win or lose even if squad leader doesn't give an order.

In fact even though I don't like leaders who dont give orders, most of the time you're going to do your own thing or by now already know what to do. As long as you spawn with your team you'll all be on the same mission. (Unless they're scouts, at that point you're screwed)

Even in war pigeons you don't need a squad leader but it's best to be in a full squad for spawning.

Jake2by4

My biggest source of anger in the game. So frustrating.
Yep its crazy people don't do it.

No joke, just spam the Request Order, ask them via mic, or shoot the player and they will either do it or change squad.
Done this. Change squad same thing. 9/10 orders never given

Create your own Squad and just make sure to assign objectives so people looking for a good squad leader knows you are on top of it.

Most of the time i can't because squads are created and they are locked automatically. people don't unlocked them or back out one.

Syncytia

Yep its crazy people don't do it.

Done this. Change squad same thing. 9/10 orders never given

Most of the time i can't because squads are created and they are locked automatically. people don't unlocked them or back out one.

I try to remember to give orders, but sometimes I get caught up in the game and forget to do new ones - usually when a point is taken and I don't notice. People seem to barely follow them anyway.

I hate that squads are automatically locked. I'm really hoping they get rid of that.

RoKKeR

The first sector on Fao Fortress is bullshit in that the two flags are in parallel, rather side by side like other maps.

Jake2by4

I try to remember to give orders, but sometimes I get caught up in the game and forget to do new ones - usually when a point is taken and I don't notice. People seem to barely follow them anyway.

I hate that squads are automatically locked. I'm really hoping they get rid of that.

I fellow orders given, don't wanna fell like a headless chicken running around without a clear reason.

ronco2000

Yeah, the spawns need a ton of work. I have spawned so many times with enemies or tanks looking right at me. On Ballroom Blitz, I spawned on 'C' and it put me in the Hallways. But to my surprise there was a Light Tank in the Hallways looking right at me. Took a couple of steps before I died. The game loves to spawn you near a group of enemies or vehicles or just flat out spawn you right out in the open in the middle sniper fire.

Even worse, getting meleed just a second after spawing.

RoKKeR

So what's the consensus on giving Attackers a bit more of an advantage? I was talking with my friends and we think that you should get an extra battalion if you are able to advance to the next map. That way, if your team rolls through the first map then you get an extra advantage, but if you just skirt by on your last battalion on the first map you at least have a shot to make it through the next map... not to mention Oil of Empires having 3 maps, making it extra tough.

CHC

Finally finished the campaign after doing a few minutes here and there. It was pretty bad to be honest, I could have done without it. I'll admit it was part of what helped sell me on the game based on the feedback saying it was decent, but let's be honest, it was pretty crappy and barebones. I mean some of the levels were literally just multiplayer maps....

Whatever though, MP is so good it was worth buying for that alone. Can't wait for more maps.

Spat_triate

I've only spent a few hours playing the MP so perhaps my opinion will change with time, but it seems like everyone is running around with machine guns that fire upwards of 600 rounds/sec. I like the game a lot and I understand that compromises had to be made for fun sake, but to be honest this type of weapon distribution is not what I expected from a WW1 game.

Palmer_v1

Argonne is the most garbage map in this game. I'd play Suez over this any day. 3 chokepoints just become constant grenade and mortar spam.

Top Bottom