• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

CHC

How the hell do you guys get so many kills with the plane? First person or third person? Any special loadout?

Seriously every time I pick up a plane I'm like that dog at the computer meme and I just wind up crashing or getting instantly shot down. I've probably gotten less than 20 plane kills in like 50 hours.

How the hell do you guys get so many kills with the plane? First person or third person? Any special loadout?

Seriously every time I pick up a plane I'm like that dog at the computer meme and I just wind up crashing or getting instantly shot down. I've probably gotten less than 20 plane kills in like 50 hours.

Im by no means good, but I manage to get some good kills.

Using the standard plane (should be the default infantry plane), just go real high, and come in at an angle to where the enemies are (usually their base of course). Then just tap R1 and you should land some hits. Top it off by pooping out your bombs.

I cant seem to kill tanks with the tank hunter though, I suck at lining up the tank :/

GAF PS4 squad suffered their first loss out of 8 operations tonight. We are not invincible.

T_T

Great game though. Wish I could have used my mic more.

5taquitos

Reposting once for visibility, then moving on:

What are people's thoughts on Universal Aiming? I'm sure it was discussed to death when it was introduced a few years ago, but I had never used it before and just now turned it on for BF1. Haven't had much time to dig in, but it feels pretty good.

Theorry

Reposting once for visibility, then moving on:

What are people's thoughts on Universal Aiming? I'm sure it was discussed to death when it was introduced a few years ago, but I had never used it before and just now turned it on for BF1. Haven't had much time to dig in, but it feels pretty good.

I always use it. Never liked the different sensitivity for different sights.
So when they put it in and turned it on right away and did the same with BF1.

Given the rate I'm leveling up in this game, I will be Rank 1 in at least one class by 2026. I cannot stress how much I hate the concept of "leveling up" in online first person shooters. I have a wife and child; I can't devote 60 hours a week to gaming. I can barely devote 10. And I swapped out for a dropped Model 10 kit earlier tonight; Jesus God, that thing is unstoppable. Maybe I'll earn that loadout in 20 years or so.

But hey, I won't knock the game for being fun; it's got that in spades. Team balance can be pretty bad at times (at one point my team had 5 fewer players and was losing by over 200 tickets in Conquest). But when things are clicking, it's intense and incredible. "We have lost objective butter" will never not be funny though.

Whales

Banned
Given the rate I'm leveling up in this game, I will be Rank 1 in at least one class by 2026. I cannot stress how much I hate the concept of "leveling up" in online first person shooters. I have a wife and child; I can't devote 60 hours a week to gaming. I can barely devote 10. And I swapped out for a dropped Model 10 kit earlier tonight; Jesus God, that thing is unstoppable. Maybe I'll earn that loadout in 20 years or so.

But hey, I won't knock the game for being fun; it's got that in spades. Team balance can be pretty bad at times (at one point my team had 5 fewer players and was losing by over 200 tickets in Conquest). But when things are clicking, it's intense and incredible. "We have lost objective butter" will never not be funny though.

YEah, the class leveling system is bullshit. It takes waaaaaaayyy too long. And the worst part is that there are level 10 weapons to unlock... ridiculous lol

Carbonox

I love being a squad leader. Giving orders is like crack to me for dem juicy points.

Also love playing as Support now. It was Medic at first, then got used to Assault but Support is where the budo is at.

Finally, I used to hate being in the Behemoth until I learned the most "DUH!" thing that changed my entire viewpoint of using cover fire within it - spotting. By simply spotting everything I see from the blimp I end up contributing to kills as well as getting a fuck ton of my own within the main flag points. Before I would just wing it and not get anywhere.

It's not even just for that either - spotting in general is really fucking helpful and I see it very little.

YEah, the class leveling system is bullshit. It takes waaaaaaayyy too long. And the worst part is that there are level 10 weapons to unlock... ridiculous lol

I almost feel like it's the developers (or publishers) worried that they haven't made a game that's fun enough on its own merits, so they have to add "unlockables" to incentivize people to play. Get them hooked into "just 300 more points" mentality, you know? Which is weird. Because if you look at games like Quake 3 or Counter-Strike or Unreal, those things had giant fanbases forever and you never had the opportunity to unlock anything; everything was available in every single match. It almost feels like a F2P mechanic brought in even though you can't actually buy your way around it. I don't like that.

terrible

Banned
I almost feel like it's the developers (or publishers) worried that they haven't made a game that's fun enough on its own merits, so they have to add "unlockables" to incentivize people to play. Get them hooked into "just 300 more points" mentality, you know? Which is weird. Because if you look at games like Quake 3 or Counter-Strike or Unreal, those things had giant fanbases forever and you never had the opportunity to unlock anything; everything was available in every single match. It almost feels like a F2P mechanic brought in even though you can't actually buy your way around it. I don't like that.
I think they probably have the data on this and these unlocks keep people coming back that otherwise would stop playing early on. This kind of system is here to stay. It really kind of sucks for those of us that get all our joy out of just playing the game though. I'm nearing 40 hours played and my highest class is level 5. At this rate I'd have to imagine I'll be in the hundreds of hours before I unlock every gun for all classes. I can't imagine what it's like for someone that can only play a handful of hours a week. You lose a gun battle and you don't know if it was you that screwed up or if the enemy just had the shinier gun. This isn't Battlefield specific at all but there's no place for weapon unlocks in competitive games imo.

watership

I don't know if it's realism for the period or my skills, but I'm completely useless wih shotguns in this game. I walked into rooms and hit poeple with tight bursts and didnt even get damage. Are there known issues?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

The leveling wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't fucking stupid. This outing, instead of score being used per each class at the time of the SPM trigger, they have done "squad actions" or someshit which has made it WAYYYYYYYYYYYY longer to level.

I'm rank 30 and I haven't even hit 3 in any of the classes besides Recon. And I spread out and play them evenly during the rounds as needed. It's punishing people like me and it's bullshit that like 80% of unlocks are behind 3 and EVEN FUCKING WORSE that it'll take forever to hit 10 for the last one.

Then you throw in that there is "pilot (tank)/(plane)" classes, Elites (battlepickups) and if you use those while spawning as another class (or being in a vehicle as an infantry class) non of the score you get in those goes toward the infantry classes.

Anyone else witness 20 bans in a row?

Fairfight is doing a ban wave right now. Those are global announcements (you'd see the same ban message on any server), so yes: folks are seeing it. Not just you.

zugzug

was watching Team BattlefieldStreamTeam this girl was streaming I think it was olala87 was her twitch name she did a giveaway for 1 battlefield code then 30 minutes later two battlfield 1 codes. When she gave away the two codes at once you had to do enter code #BFStreamteam she didn't show the winners name drawn on stream.

One winner named Konbada and second winner was Mamaduckbear one of them follows 21 twitch channels the other 23 twitch channels, and both of them follow the same 12 channels in common. one picked PS4 and other picked PC just like that $120 won by same person running bot accounts.

pretty sure we have an example of someone using multiple twitch accounts to win. she ended her stream right after and I told her, she didnt' care.

#myjimmiesareruffled

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/AU5fIhm.png

I laughed at this one:

aeOxGHF.jpg

At least he was mostly silent in those rounds I played.

Seriously funniest moment ever for ps4 gaf.

My boy snipes the driver of an airship, chases a tank armed only with a hammer to the point it retreats, the driver abandoned ship, my boy steals the tank and fully heals it.

We win on iron hills defending having only lost the church.....

Ps4 gaf is now 8-2 on operations. See you tomorrow at ten boys

Has anyone else had a zeppelin crash on top of someone you were shooting at? LMAO.

I was playing on Ballroom Blitz earlier, having a shootout with some guy underneath the infamous sniper balconies, and from out of nowhere the zeppelin just came crashing RIGHT on top of where he was standing, killing him instantly and giving me one of those assists that counts as a kill.

I'm pretty sure I would've gotten the kill anyways, but it was still epic!

olimpia84

The quit option after a round ends disappears way too quickly. The more I play the game, the more I'm finding little annoying things like that.

CHC

I will definitely second the notion that unlocks just feel kind of weird and stupid in this series. It's not like COD where you get a perk every couple levels or new add-ons for your guns. It's just like a couple options that take forever to unlock, and aren't even appreciably better than the default weapons. I feel compelled to keep playing because the game is fun, not because I actually feel incentivized to rank up.

TheSeks

I will definitely second the notion that unlocks just feel kind of weird and stupid in this series. It's not like COD where you get a perk every couple levels or new add-ons for your guns. It's just like a couple options that take forever to unlock, and aren't even appreciably better than the default weapons. I feel compelled to keep playing because the game is fun, not because I actually feel incentivized to rank up.

BF3 and 4 weren't this long to unlock, but Bad Company 2 had it perfect. In the same time-span as how long I've been playing this (14-24 hours so far) I had all the fucking unlocks for infantry and vehicles and continued to play. I have no clue why DICE artificially inflates the unlocks, but they need to look at BC2 and hang their head in shame at not reaching their peak of the series again.

LightInfa

Wow just had my craziest match of operations yet - attackers on Kaiserschlacht and the team played very well- completely swept the first map on the first wave. This led to the defenders (???) getting the behemoth on Amiens- I'm guessing that was by design since we had all 3 waves on Amiens? At first it looks like we were going to win the whole thing on one wave as we pushed all the way to the last sector with ease, but the Brits managed to dig in around the A point esp with the helping behemoth and the dream of winning all in one wave slipped away. Then the second wave turned into a nightmare, as a British flame trooper got situated within the B point train station well supported by medics and managed to turn the inside of that building into a living hell- our behemoth had taken A easily but even with our whole army in and around B we could not take it. At this point I'm actively wondering if we are going to find a way to turn the most dominant operations performance into the biggest choke. Thankfully everyone got their act together in wave 3 and we salvaged the match, but goodness can this game deliver when it all comes together.

Mahonay

Banned
Went 66 and 3 tonight on Ballroom Blitz. Mostly from a heavy tank that the enemy team just abandoned at the E flag which was close to our spawn. I jumped in and it still had half health left.

Shot a bomber out of the sky with 3 people in it, that felt pretty awesome. Then the majority of my kills came from people just rushing me in groups on D flag. Just put a shell in the middle of the swarm and got 2-3 kills at a time. My squad was helping me with callouts and repairs.

We ended up winning by only 40 points. We were behind before I salvaged the tank they left for us.

Moral of the story...never abandon your tank because it could very well be used against you.

Xyber

As for leveling up the classes, I don't really think it takes that long at all. Especially when rank 3 is really all you need. The only good guns at level 10 are the Hellriegel and Martini-Henry and the Hellriegel is the only one of those I even use.

I'm lvl 68 with 69 hours played.

ySpjlVq.png

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Just installed the game tonight after receiving the box from Target's 33% off dealio.

First off, it's crazy how far we've come, where downloading and installing is truly faster than flipping out discs.

30785723205_8f62525845_b.jpg

Anyway, my rig:

i7 3820 @ 3.8Ghz
1080 OC'd to 2126Mhz
16GB RAM
SSD

... and the game runs great at 1440p. On my G-sync monitor, max settings, FoV at 80, I hover between 50-80fps most the time. But about every minute or so - it seems even more regularly - I'm getting a split second hiccup/pause/stutter. Yes, the framerate dips - but it can happen at random times and only for that split second. It makes the game very difficult to enjoy, as I keep getting pulled out of the immersion.

Any ideas what may be causing this? Known issue? Anything I should adjust?

I've updated all my drivers and restarted my PC. Doesn't happen in any other game I'm playing. Don't remember it happening in Battlefront.

Would really like to get in front of this.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
As for leveling up the classes, I don't really think it takes that long at all. Especially when rank 3 is really all you need. The only good guns at level 10 are the Hellriegel and Martini-Henry and the Hellriegel is the only one of those I even use.

ySpjlVq.png

Damn dude....damn.

Thriller

Is anyone else unable to share their emblem through the battlefield app? It keeps telling me that the service is not there yet or something..

abuC

Seriously, what the hell is up with supports not giving ammo? I have to spam request for ammo, and even then I don't get it. My best option is to wait for one to die, then I switch to their class and throw the ammo on the ground and switch back.

Xyber

Seriously, what the hell is up with supports not giving ammo? I have to spam request for ammo, and even then I don't get it. My best option is to wait for one to die, then I switch to their class and throw the ammo on the ground and switch back.

Who are you to steal their ammo, what if they run out of bullets!?

Pheace

ySpjlVq.png

To be fair, if you levelled those early, you don't earn experience as easily anymore.

Nuszka

My boy snipes the driver of an airship, chases a tank armed only with a hammer to the point it retreats, the driver abandoned ship, my boy steals the tank and fully heals it.

So much fun to play with you guys, will try my best to be as yearly as possible tonight. Tomorrow though I'm guaranteed i will be on from even before 10 pm.

Cryxo93

Banned

What time do you guys play?? Also is this USA time zones?

Calabi

Just installed the game tonight after receiving the box from Target's 33% off dealio.

First off, it's crazy how far we've come, where downloading and installing is truly faster than flipping out discs.

Anyway, my rig:

i7 3820 @ 3.8Ghz
1080 OC'd to 2126Mhz
16GB RAM
SSD

... and the game runs great at 1440p. On my G-sync monitor, max settings, FoV at 80, I hover between 50-80fps most the time. But about every minute or so - it seems even more regularly - I'm getting a split second hiccup/pause/stutter. Yes, the framerate dips - but it can happen at random times and only for that split second. It makes the game very difficult to enjoy, as I keep getting pulled out of the immersion.

I've updated all my drivers and restarted my PC. Doesn't happen in any other game I'm playing. Don't remember it happening in Battlefront.

Overclock or get a better cpu, or maybe limit the fps to 60.

watchdog

Anyway, my rig:

i7 3820 @ 3.8Ghz
1080 OC'd to 2126Mhz
16GB RAM
SSD

I was having the same issue as you and after doing some searching I found this post on the official BF forums that has greatly improved my performance:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...ops-stuttering-cpu-spikes-and-milisec-freezes

Hope this eliminates that stutter that you're experiencing.

I have an i2500k, GTX 1080, 16GB RAM.

Cryxo93

Banned
We play from 10pm UK times. Last night we played until 3:30am

It was absolutely amazing

10pm GMT is when we get the parties of 8 up, but people drop in and out during that so you can join later if need be.

Ahh fantastic! I'm in the UK so this works fabulously. Was expecting this to be an American thing. This is through the community group on the PS4? I think I might be joined to it anyway.

Ahh fantastic! I'm in the UK so this works fabulously. Was expecting this to be an American thing. This is through the community group on the couch some? I think I might be joined to it anyway.

Add Luvs_2_Squidge as a friend on psn and ill let you know when we are on tonight :)

Great to see the players from BF3/4 that just grabbed a tank to snipe people from spawn for KD padding purposes and do nothing at all to push the objective are back.

Last guy in a game that did this also got extremely hostile when people called him out on it.

SuperSah

Banned
I see UK players here talking about playing.

Can I join? I intend to study until about 8pm but would love to play the rest of the night with you guys - I'm on PS4!

Let me join you UKGAF brethrens.

https://youtu.be/VqPW8stby2E

Uploaded two clips of me trying to get that objective A on Amiens that we lost that I thought were funny

WillyFive

BF1 is very popular and had many new players that come from other shooters. They are not going to know the basics of Battlefield, they will be playing it like CoD for a while before they realize the difference.

Is there a list made up for PS4 GAF PSN names? I realize now that this battlefield is more tied to squads and squad actions than any other, and I've been so frustrated with the game trying to play solo that I'm about to drop it.

It seems to take forever to rank up a class, squad leaders rarely point out objectives, and I'm having trouble finding ways to make class specific kits useful. I enjoy the assault class weapons and I've always enjoyed mines and anti-tank weapons, but in order to actually use the kit to the fullest I need to play gamemodes with vehicles in them, which take over half an hour a match. And perhaps its just bad luck, but most of those long matches have been spent getting rolled over and approaching the point only to be mowed down over and over.

Hopefully I can find a happy place in the game soon, but I'm pretty bummed out about it at the moment.

Top Bottom