• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Anyone else notice a drop in the amount of medics? I used to be revived so often but now it's a rarity and surprises me when it happens. The game could also use a 'press triangle' to shout for medic feature, because sometimes they are right next to me and don't have the common sense to look around them to see that I'm right there wanting to be revived.

Also, they need to hurry up and fix the inconsistencies when it comes to sprinting from crouched/prone. Shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

Ravek

Banned
Anyone else notice a drop in the amount of medics? I used to be revived so often but now it's a rarity and surprises me when it happens. The game could also use a 'press triangle' to shout for medic feature, because sometimes they are right next to me and don't have the common sense to look around them to see that I'm right there wanting to be revived.

Also, they need to hurry up and fix the inconsistencies when it comes to sprinting from crouched/prone. Shouldn't even be an issue in the first place.

PS4 here.
Last night I played two matches before passing out. One Conquest match at Argonne Forest, my random full squad was entirely made of medics and myself being the lonely Assault guy. It was bazaar. For the most part they healed and did revives when I stayed with them. BUT they more or less stayed at C so they really didn't help the overall game.

Next match, same squad at FAO Fortress...they all became Assault. No one had mics on, wasn't a private squad so I don't know what the fuck was going on as far as if this was a purely intentional or coincidental action.

TCRS

Banned
That's a shame.

I should have been clearer: I'm getting bored of the weapons. The battles are a lot of fun, much rawer than in BF4 without all the gadgetry (war tapes helps as well). The graphics and colours and the fog also make for a nice atmosphere. And flying planes finally makes sense.

I'm still having a lot of fun but I am getting tired of the weapons. There are only like five weapons per class with each having three variants. Shit is getting lame.

I mean, what more can they add?

weapons!

keidashxd

I should have been clearer: I'm getting bored of the weapons. The battles are a lot of fun, much rawer than in BF4 without all the gadgetry (war tapes helps as well). The graphics and colours and the fog also make for a nice atmosphere. And flying planes finally makes sense.

I'm still having a lot of fun but I am getting tired of the weapons. There are only like five weapons per class with each having three variants. Shit is getting lame.

weapons!

From the future? Or are there weapons not appearing in the game that existed?

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle

I play strictly medic and the UI is pretty clear about who needs help and where, in my opinion.I think it's the deal like with most support classes in most games, everyone is trying to play Call of Duty. Why wouldn't they pick Assault? I've got no clue. They sure don't have any problem picking Scout lol

My issue, as a medic, is IF you are down and not immediately respawning, you see the distance of any medics in your area. You can literally see them coming your way. Chill, dawg. Let us help. I can't tell you the number of times I've ran through some shit to revive a dude only to have him respawn when I'm a second away.

thenexus6

I think I am going to jump back to BF4 over the weekend while the XP event is on..

Is it just me, or does pretty much every vehicle in every Battlefield game handle terribly? I have always been terrible at flying so they don't count for me.. but the cars, bikes, tanks are so floaty.

Nyx

Just checked my profile and noticed that after 38 hours of playing it's not a gun I have the most kills with, but the heavy tank.

Did I mention I love heavy tanks? Especially the flamethrower equipped one?

And when I'm not inside a tank I'm enjoying taking enemy tanks down the most, mine kills are so satisfying.

Anyway, ranting, amazing game!

LiK

Beat the campaign on Hard and it was def hard. I ended up stealthing half the missions which was pretty annoying but also satisfying. The 5th one felt like Far Cry/MGSV most of the time.

Really liked the vignettes. Such a good idea. Fun missions too. Never felt bored. Probably the best campaign in a BF game.

The Flash

Banned
Just checked my profile and noticed that after 38 hours of playing it's not a gun I have the most kills with, but the heavy tank.

Did I mention I love heavy tanks? Especially the flamethrower equipped one?

And when I'm not inside a tank I'm enjoying taking enemy tanks down the most, mine kills are so satisfying.

Anyway, ranting, amazing game!

I have more kills with the light tank than anything else. Tanks are my jam.

TCRS

Banned
I was a tank guy in all BFs except this one because:

I think I am going to jump back to BF4 over the weekend while the XP event is on..

Is it just me, or does pretty much every vehicle in every Battlefield game handle terribly? I have always been terrible at flying so they don't count for me.. but the cars, bikes, tanks are so floaty.

I just can't get a feel for them. Also I still hate the controls, BC1 controls ftw!

Nyx

I was a tank guy in all BFs except this one because:

I just can't get a feel for them. Also I still hate the controls, BC1 controls ftw!

I was alright with tanks in earlier BFs and am alright with them now, but the difference in planes is big. I could hardly get kills with choppers or jets and had loads of crashes, but in BF1 I can fly like a WW1 ace and get a decent amount of kills with them.

Played with Someoneinahat, Anitaki, and EroticSushi last night for a few matches and it was def good times.
Our team motto was "You dab, you loose."

add me bros.

Discord &Steam: koala-t
Origin: novais350

p.s. someoneinahat did 9/11

Nuszka

This is the most fun I've had sniping since BC2!

Infantary version of the guns + flares make for aggresive scout play.

This so much. I never played snipers much as i don't like camping. With iron sights its just totally different. Playing mid range and doing objectives with scout seems nice and fresh. Oh and Martini Henry - since i started using it i just can't put it away.

GRaider81

I play strictly medic and the UI is pretty clear about who needs help and where, in my opinion.I think it's the deal like with most support classes in most games, everyone is trying to play Call of Duty. Why wouldn't they pick Assault? I've got no clue. They sure don't have any problem picking Scout lol

My issue, as a medic, is IF you are down and not immediately respawning, you see the distance of any medics in your area. You can literally see them coming your way. Chill, dawg. Let us help. I can't tell you the number of times I've ran through some shit to revive a dude only to have him respawn when I'm a second away.

Yep extremely frustrating. Run over to revive, they respawn and I get mowed down.

Players need to be more patient but never going to happen.

Anyone else think the tail gunners are to strong in planes? Seems like those mounted guns are stronger than the mains. Really kills the dogfighting when you can nose up, switch and kill the other plane before the can do the same damage.

kaiserschlacht Operations has me like

upx7ztP.gif

Theorry

I really hope they balance the zeppeling abit more. Its just to strong and annoying.
It can cover the whole map easy. And for example St Quentin Scar is just terrible when all the buildings are down to. On every flag you get hammered buy one of the guns.
They should give it less health or make it more in rails or something.

jiffy38

Anyone have recommendations for ps4 aiming sensitivity and aides? Bf4 default control I had no problem aiming at targets accurately especially at close range while target is moving.

In this I feel like I can't hit the side of a barn. Any recommendations?

I really hope the balance the zeppeling abit more. Its just to strong and annoying.
It can cover the whole map easy. And for example St Quentin Scar is just terrible when all the buildings are down to. On every flag you get hammered buy one of the guns.
They should give it less health or make it more in rails or something.

Once you learn aa guns placement Zeppelin becomes easy to take down.

Especially with 2 or 3 of them shooting it non stop it's a matter of minutes to bring it down.

Theorry

Once you learn aa guns placement Zeppelin becomes easy to take down.

Especially with 2 or 3 of them shooting it non stop it's a matter of minutes to bring it down.

Only you dont have minutes most of the time. Ones you sit in the AA you are a big target.
Hopefully you do some damage before they hammer you and you are dead the AA is also gone for a while. The zeppelin just needs to be toned down. Especially on St Quentin. A behemoth is nice but shouldnt complety destroy a match and have complete line of sight all over the map. The train and boats are very nice. Because the cant cover the whole map. But still can support and help getting flags.

I was alright with tanks in earlier BFs and am alright with them now, but the difference in planes is big. I could hardly get kills with choppers or jets and had loads of crashes, but in BF1 I can fly like a WW1 ace and get a decent amount of kills with them.
I miss the chopper an still need to figure out the best control scheme for flying.

how do you unlock guns? I am rank 9 with like 700 warbonds and some weapons highlight green with a lock icon and a dollar amount but I cant purchase anything?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I lost like half the levels on all classes after the update and then got them back up again.

How the fuck then? I'm half your levels and still haven't hit 3 in 3 of the classes. WTF. WTF. WTF.

JJShadow

When your squad is automatically switched to the other team due to your good performance, you know you're screwed in the next game

Xyber

How the fuck then? I'm half your levels and still haven't hit 3 in 3 of the classes. WTF. WTF. WTF.

What's your score per minute according to your profile? I was sitting at ~1100 when I was leveling up stuff and it's currently at 900 when I am not playing as seriously.

A high SPM and just constantly playing your class properly gives you a lot of points.

The Beard

I loved helicopters in BF4. Planes are ok in this game, but they crash and explode way too damn easily. I'll be flying a 100% healthy plane, then I'll just graze the top of a bush and the plane will stop on a dime and explode. Wtf?

Currently the game seems to fail most of the time to display stats at the end of the round properly..

When we do our nightly ps4 party some other gaffers complain about this but I've never seen it.

On another glitch note - we got over 2600/27 defence score before the counter timed out... All the superb attacks definitely fucked with the score counter haha

Would someone mind accepting my PS4 request to the community?

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to ps4. I'll add you tonigh mate around ten

Got my new 4K display on Friday (a 65" Samsung KS8000) and holy shit does Battlefield look good at that resolution. I run a 980ti and didn't even have to turn much down to be getting 60 fps, either! Amazing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I was sitting at ~1100 when I was leveling up stuff and it's currently at 900 when I am not playing as seriously.

WTF. I can be capping flags, shooting folks, spotting shit and only on 400-500SPM. What the hell.

Top Bottom