• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
How do you equip something from your inventory? I cant seem to equip a skin i got from a battlepack.... halp

When on a gun hit Triangle (Customize) and the skin should be at the bottom if you have it. Also you have to do it during a match and not in the menus.

99% of people are dumb fucks with the stupid ass mortar equipped and go "wut? You can't repair with X?" NO BECAUSE I'M NOT THE FUCKING PILOT. *foams at mouth*

So all support should carry wrenches in the off chance you will hijack a vehicle and they can fix it for you?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So all support should carry wrenches in the off chance you will hijack a vehicle and they can fix it for you?

Yes given the Mortar is fucking useless as shit. Just like it was in BF3/4.

Ammobox/Repair-tool. Done. Maybe mayyyyyyyyyyybe the Lempet Charge if there is a locked door. People thinking all the vehicles can self-repair is the worst goddamn thing. I fucking want to shake DICE-SE like a baby over this change. Was stupid enough that they made vehicles able to repair in-vehicle, but even more stupid they made engineer a non-class now.

I feel like I'm having some sort of technical problem. I'm getting annihilated game after game, which at first I was just chalking up to WWI weapons and me having bad aim, but the more I play I'm realizing that I can't even spot consistently. I'll have the cross hair right over someone who is stationary, but out of range of whatever weapon I'm using, and I'll hit the spot button 5 or 6 times before it registers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What? I've gotten so many kills with the mortar it's ridiculous.

It's not gonna get you objectives, dude/tte. It's only useful for denial. And even then once I see those icons pop-up, I attempt to flank and shoot the dumbfucks sitting there on them NOT GIVING AMMO and just trying to get kills with it.

Utterly useless gadget.

Acorn

I feel like I'm having some sort of technical problem. I'm getting annihilated game after game, which at first I was just chalking up to WWI weapons and me having bad aim, but the more I play I'm realizing that I can't even spot consistently. I'll have the cross hair right over someone who is stationary, but out of range of whatever weapon I'm using, and I'll hit the spot button 5 or 6 times before it registers.
I'm having the same issue. I can't spot shit.

cackhyena

It's not gonna get you objectives, dude/tte. It's only useful for denial. And even then once I see those icons pop-up, I attempt to flank and shoot the dumbfucks sitting there on them NOT GIVING AMMO and just trying to get kills with it.

Utterly useless gadget.
I use them up quick and get back into it. I give plenty of ammo and use mortars. *¯_(ツ)_/¯*

thejpfin

I'll hit the spot button 5 or 6 times before it registers.
Yeah, spotting is definitely broken. Maybe there is a limit how many times you can or your team can spot? Spotting was also pretty unreliable in previous Battlefield titles.

I tried Pigeon mode today, it was not bad, not bad at all. I was destroying everyone with my shotgun, Model 10 hunter is a beast.

terrible

Banned
Yes given the Mortar is fucking useless as shit. Just like it was in BF3/4.

Ammobox/Repair-tool. Done. Maybe mayyyyyyyyyyybe the Lempet Charge if there is a locked door. People thinking all the vehicles can self-repair is the worst goddamn thing. I fucking want to shake DICE-SE like a baby over this change. Was stupid enough that they made vehicles able to repair in-vehicle, but even more stupid they made engineer a non-class now.

I've had people get the mortar to hunt me like a homing missile but when I use it the thing never lands where I aim it. What's the trick lol. I get that the distance and angle you fire it at changes the angle at which it drops but it's near impossible for me to set it up correctly when I need to.

T Ghost

I absolutely love this game. I had given up on online MP for about 3 to 5 years, couldn't stand it anymore. A friend gave me a copy for my Birthday and I reluctantly tried the MP and loved it. Domination is my favorite mode: quick doses of happiness.

Three things that are bummers for me now:

1. People playing this as if it was Call of Duty: "Fuck my team, I'm running arround ALL the time non-stop to rack up KILLS". PTFO! and play your fucking class! Several times in a team with 2 other medics for the whole match they didn't revive or healed besides spamming the medic trove.

2. If you are following an order from your squad's leader (or an order you gave to your squad) to defend an objective, and you do it by staying at medium range, spotting and supporting your team of assault guys, you lose the rack of points for obeying orders when the "defend this objective" timer runs out.

3. Everybody on private chat (Xbox One) and no talking to coordinate. Understand Kiddos are annoying, but you can mute a-holes and still communicate with your squad.

I believe in a month or two, once the fade of the new game ends, the people still playing will be better at playing the objective and communicating. I hope!

Xyber

Utterly useless gadget.

You can say a lot of stuff about the mortar, but useless is not one of them. How most people use it is not the most optimal though. Setting up somewhere, getting a kill or two, then wait the 45 seconds or whatever for the new one and repeat.

It should be used to maybe clear an enemy or two or at least make them run away while your squad goes in to the objective. When you're out of ammo you follow up after them and help clean up objective area. The mortar is actually too good right now and I'm glad most people haven't actually realized that yet. It's pretty much pinpoint accurate, so as long as someone lights up on the map you will most likely get the kill or force them to run away. I really don't see what's so useless about that.

It should really be a bigger aiming-zone for it and then the mortar will land somewhere within that, because it's silly how easy it is to use now compared to how safe you are with it.

I've had people get the mortar to hunt me like a homing missile but when I use it the thing never lands where I aim it. What's the trick lol. I get that the distance and angle you fire it at changes the angle at which it drops but it's near impossible for me to set it up correctly when I need to.

There's absolutely no trick to aiming with it. Put the circle on the red dot and it will hit them unless they move. Just make sure you have enough space in front of you so it doesn't hit a wall or something.

terrible

Banned
There's absolutely no trick to aiming with it. Put the circle on the red dot and it will hit them unless they move.

I'm always hitting ledges, cliffs, or buildings beside the building I'm aiming at, etc. I swapped in limpet charges as a result.

cackhyena

I never even wait for mortars to refill. I spam a hot spot, then rush to objectives and throw out ammo while mowing people down. Die, rinse, repeat. Mortar is effective depending on the objective and map. I never think to use it more than once, tho. Just waiting there for that long doesn't appeal to me.

Xyber

I never even wait for mortars to refill. I spam a hot spot, then rush to objectives and throw out ammo while mowing people down. Die, rinse, repeat. Mortar is effective depending on the objective and map. I never think to use it more than once, tho. Just waiting there for that long doesn't appeal to me.

Yup, that's just wasting time where you could actually be helpful to your team instead of sitting back and taking in the nice view. :p

And helping the team means more points. And everybody (expect for 92.7% of all snipers) loves more points!

RoKKeR

Having some incredible Conquest matches today. Really loving this game. Definitely some things to be addressed, but overall it is fantastic. The visuals, atmosphere and sound continue to blow me away... easily DICE's best effort in that regard.

Maximus P

I really feel like the mortars needs some tweaks. I'd like them to be more powerful but at the same time a decrease in fire rate.

Id also like them to stand out more. I find it hard to distinguish mortar fire from grenades and other explosives when I'm in the heat of the battle.

Adding similar sound effects to that of the mortars in COH 2 would be perfect. The whistling sound as they fly through the air would be awesome, and give players a warning that they're under mortar fire.

dano1

A Sheep
I don't think they would change draw distance for MP with a Pro patch. Resolution yes, but not draw distance due to the advantage.

I guess that's what I was trying to say. That resolution wouldn't degrade like it does now as the game goes on. Draw distance would stay consistent.

Any word on the PS4 pro patch for this on 1080p screens?
If so what will they have

I really pray for better framerate in big multiplayer matches with 64 players.
Would be such a wasted opportunity if they don't do it. I mean, the extra power should be enough to bring us much closer to stable 60fps, right?

Xyber

I really pray for better framerate in big multiplayer matches with 64 players.
Would be such a wasted opportunity if they don't do it. I mean, the extra power should be enough to bring us much closer to stable 60fps, right?

It's more likely to be a CPU bottleneck in 64-player games and the pro won't do much at all there.

It's more likely to be a CPU bottleneck in 64-player games and the pro won't do much at all there.

But the cpu is clocked higher in the pro, right? Was it 25%? 30%?
Shouldn't this be enough for a nice increase in the framerate? I don't expect locked 60fps. But any increase is better than the crazy jumps from low 30fps back to the 50ish range etc.

Loving BF1 but its making me want to go back to BF4. Im not a World War fan and prefer a modern setting, but most of all I miss the helicopters!

I..... Miss my fully automatic weapons and all the different weapons I can use :/ I deleted BF4 to make room for BF1 and I can't afford to get a bigger hard drive right now :(

Otherwise, I've been enjoying BF1 ^_^

redhot_

There needs to be a lattice system in conquest. Constantly fighting off these people who back cap is getting boring reeeeeal fast.

The M 1912 handgun is my new favourite pistol. nice sounding, good feeling, awesome reloading and God damn sexy to look at.

styer1912_loading_with_stripper_clip.jpg

"like if Picasso drew a 1911"

8bitogre

Banned
I'm enjoying it however it's not grabbing me like BF3 and BF4 did. I don't know if it's the new interface, or the weapons, but I rarely feel like I want to play more than 2-3 matches in a row before I decide I'm done and move onto something else. I'm honestly enjoying TF2 more than this at the moment.

I'm enjoying it however it's not grabbing me like BF3 and BF4 did. I don't know if it's the new interface, or the weapons, but I rarely feel like I want to play more than 2-3 matches in a row before I decide I'm done and move onto something else.
This is me when I'm not playing with friends even though I still think just as highly about the game as I did at release :(

I wonder if it's simply the lack of meaningful progression. I also think the garbage medal system is part of it too. I hate that I might need those things to keep me motivating when I enjoy the game but that might be the reality.

8bitogre

Banned
I'm enjoying it however it's not grabbing me like BF3 and BF4 did. I don't know if it's the new interface, or the weapons, but I rarely feel like I want to play more than 2-3 matches in a row before I decide I'm done and move onto something else.
This is me when I'm not playing with friends even though I still think just as highly about the game as I did at release :(

I wonder if it's simply the lack of meaningful progression. I also think the garbage medal system is part of it too. I hate that I might need those things to keep me motivating when I enjoy the game but that might be the reality.

It very well could be. While it's nice that I get a new gun skin every couple of matches, none of them are really anything to write home about. On top of it being really vague as to how close you are to service stars for both levels and classes (I have 3 service stars for the MP18 but none for Assault class? Really?) makes it feel like I'm not really working towards anything.

That issue is compounded by the fact that none of the other weapons in Assault interest me other than the stock MP18.

It very well could be. While it's nice that I get a new gun skin every couple of matches, none of them are really anything to write home about. On top of it being really vague as to how close you are to service stars for both levels and classes (I have 3 service stars for the MP18 but none for Assault class? Really?) makes it feel like I'm not really working towards anything.

That issue is compounded by the fact that none of the other weapons in Assault interest me other than the stock MP18.
That's part of it too. I've sort of settled in to a weapon in every class and don't feel the need to change it up. They do their job for the situation required and there isn't one I need to work for or unlock that would change the game for me in a meaningful way.

This bums me out because I legitimately think this game is quite an achievement I just wish it had its hooks in me more than it does.

The M 1912 handgun is my new favourite pistol. nice sounding, good feeling, awesome reloading and God damn sexy to look at.

styer1912_loading_with_stripper_clip.jpg

"like if Picasso drew a 1911"
So it's clip fed from the outside? Wouldn't this instantly malfunction if it ends up in any dirty/dusty conditions (so pretty much any war theater)?

8bitogre

Banned
The magazine is still in the grip, it's just fed with the metal clip and then discarded. Basically its a one-piece magazine thats integrated into the grip - the bullets don't sit up like that.

Top Bottom