• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

breadtruck

Is it me or is DICE trying to kill Rush?
I mean Operations is quite similar and imo more fun. Even friends i know why always play Rush in BF are now only playing Operations. :p

Actively? No. But a better mode is a better mode. Im glad they brought out Operations, its fantastic.

Firebrand

Tried to do a little bit of sniping but nope. Don't have the patience for it. I'll stick to what I know.

I tried some today, on Suez. Easier than I expected, didn't have to use the zero distance thing or compensate for bullet drop hardly at all.

Felt pretty useless to my team though!

Mahonay

Banned
Need to do a little edit for some of the moments I've captured. I've gotten really good at shooting biplanes out of the sky with tanks.

moai

So i runned into a bug where the stationary artillery rotated fast. It feel so better, right now it moves so slow that it feels useless.

The Flash

Banned
I feel like I should start weening myself off from using a controller on this game but I don't want to. Using KB/M on anything that's not Starcraft just makes me nervous.

I tried some today, on Suez. Easier than I expected, didn't have to use the zero distance thing or compensate for bullet drop hardly at all.

Felt pretty useless to my team though!

Only reason I even bothered is because I've been watching a lot of gameplay videos from people who are really good and thinking to myself, "I can do that!". Alas being a tanker/shock trooper is my calling in life and I'm okay with that.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Yes given the Mortar is fucking useless as shit. Just like it was in BF3/4.

Ammobox/Repair-tool. Done. Maybe mayyyyyyyyyyybe the Lempet Charge if there is a locked door. People thinking all the vehicles can self-repair is the worst goddamn thing. I fucking want to shake DICE-SE like a baby over this change. Was stupid enough that they made vehicles able to repair in-vehicle, but even more stupid they made engineer a non-class now.
The mortar is probably going to be nerfed soon. It's beyond useful. It's downright malicious.

see5harp

Man the xb1 framerates for the third campaign are atrocious. Nearly unplayable. The framerate stutters and nearly stops just rounding a corner.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Anyone else feel Operations is too ridiculously long? Played one last night to the end took about 90 minutes.

I mean....that is the game. You kind of have to figure that Operations can go that long if the attacking team and defending team are at the top of their game.

Alpende

Yesterday I shot down a Zeppelin on Monte Grappa and it came crashing down on the spot I was shooting it from with an AA gun. I think it was meant / scripted to go down there but it still was awesome.

Nuszka

PS4 users, what do you change your sensitivity to? I'm having a hell of a time with it in this game.

I upped my movement sensitivity to 60 , my ads is down to 60. Helps if you want to be able to get a look at your target and when you ads its better for fine aiming.

It needs serious balancing though

Giving attackers a behemoth on the last objective is absolute bullshit for the defenders

Not really, the defenders ALWAYS win the operations, if the behemoths were as overpowered as you peeps keep saying it is, then why do attackers never win?

Attackers need most of the balancing changes, not defenders.
I think attackers need to get additional reinforcements when it transitions to another map, it's never fun to finally break through that defense just to fail horribly and lose the entire operation on the first round of the next map.

6z8aNJo.gif

nTdB5Dk.gif

Amazing.

Between Titanfall 2 and now the Call of Duty double-punch, I've barely played enough BF1 recently. When I hopped back on though it's uh, unplayable. Well, for me anyways. I have the Xbox One version and the pop-in and performance is just atrocious and after playing games that hold their performance well, I need a more stable version of the game me thinks.

Is the PS4 version an upgrade in that department? Visually of course, but performance wise? Is anyone running the PC version on a base GTX 980? I could always go that route. I'm dying to play more than the 20 hours I have so far but the Xbox version just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

xxracerxx

Not really, the defenders ALWAYS win the operations, if the behemoths were as overpowered as you peeps keep saying it is, then why do attackers never win?

What? This is not true. Play with a good team and you can win Operations. Just yesterday a bunch of GAF players and I won the Desert Operations with only losing one 'life.' We just completely wrecked the defending team.

Theorry

It's called an engine that doesn't work well on this console. Framerates in 64 player matches similarly run awful even with the still bad resolution.

But we are talking about SP here not 64 MP.
The SP is pretty solid framerate wise. Not the things you describe and i played the campaign twice.

What? This is not true. Play with a good team and you can win Operations. Just yesterday a bunch of GAF players and I won the Desert Operations with only losing one 'life.' We just completely wrecked the defending team.

No shit it's possible, but it's far from the norm. Defenders win 9/10 games, and just providing a single anecdote where a bunch of like minded players destroyed some clueless noobs doesn't prove anything. The defense really must not have been offering any tangible resistance for you to break through only losing once, I've played the desert operation probably 20 times since launch and I've never even seen it reach Sinai Desert (and I would be willing to bet that a majority of this thread has never seen it either), because the attackers always lose at Fao Fortress, or if they were incredibly lucky, Suez.

Out of the countless operations matches I've played, which is where I've spent most of my BF1 playtime, I've seen the attackers win once, and that was launch day so I chalk it up to it only being possible because the defense just didn't know what they were doing yet.

xxracerxx

No shit it's possible, but it's far from the norm. Defenders win 9/10 games, and just providing a single anecdote where a bunch of like minded players destroyed some clueless noobs doesn't prove anything.

Calm down, all I was doing was saying that the attackers can win after you said that they can "never win."

The defense really must not have been offering any tangible resistance for you to break through only losing once, I've played the desert operation probably 20 times since launch and I've never even seen it reach Sinai Desert, because the attackers always lose at Fao Fortress, or if they were lucky, Suez.
So now the other players were shit so we were able to win? Come on. We played as a team and we worked together and were able to take the sectors. It got tense in points where we took a sector with 0 lives left on Fao and then the game gives you 30 more for the last sector.

The balance isn't perfect, but all I am saying is that its possible.

zma1013

I'm fucking DONE

joined a game on sue for rush. 5 snipers on our team

I get the tank, fight my way to bomb. 3-4 people spawn in with me, some of them snipers, getting out, running away from the bomb doing god knows what

Get out myself, plant it, die.

What the fuck is wrong with people. I want to reach through the screen and punch them

how-do-i-quick-scope_o_1983397.jpg

I'm fucking DONE

I get the tank, fight my way to bomb. 3-4 people spawn in with me, some of them snipers, getting out, running away from the bomb doing god knows what

What the fuck is wrong with people. I want to reach through the screen and punch them

i wish there was a "PTFO" button for teammates

see5harp

But we are talking about SP here not 64 MP.
The SP is pretty solid framerate wise. Not the things you describe and i played the campaign twice.

I thought it was decent enough bad image quality aside until that sequence. It's not even close to being a locked framerate in single player during that sequence going up the hill. Going from titanfall 2 to this is headache inducing.

Firebrand

I'm fucking DONE

At least I haven't seen the dumb shit snipers do in BF4 yet: grabbing the helicopters and jets only to eject over the midpoint rooftop.

Is the PS4 version an upgrade in that department? Visually of course, but performance wise? Is anyone running the PC version on a base GTX 980? I could always go that route. I'm dying to play more than the 20 hours I have so far but the Xbox version just isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

A 980 would destroy this game at 1080p/Ultra, provided your other specs are up to snuff. I'm using a single OC'd 970 and averaging about 70-75 FPS on Ultra. I don't even think I've ever dropped below 60.

PC is definitely the way to go if you want the best experience IMO. DICE did an awesome job optimizing it and making everything work great with M&KB. You can even spawn on CPs or squadmates just by double-clicking them, for example.

WillyFive

The main thing to worry about BF1 PC is your CPU. The game asks a lot of a CPU with all the stuff that is going on, so much that the game will still have poor framerate whether or not your settings are at low or ultra.

Top Bottom