• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Stoze

I like the amount of vehicles honestly. BF4 CQ was a shitshow with both teams having tons of vehicles. Just makes it pointless to play as anything but Engineer most of the time.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but yeah I'm really enjoying Conquest and the current vehicle vs infantry balance. The spawn times and amount of vehicles per point makes them have an impact while things not being completely chaotic imo. Tanks rolling up on points feel like a bid deal but I don't feel helpless if I'm playing Assault or working closely with a squad.

I don't see how it's a mess especially in comparison to the last couple Battlefields, unless you've only been playing Suez or only going after bunker flags in Mount Grappa.

Holy moly, just had the most amazing Operation match- 64 player match of Conquer Hell. As the attacking team just steamrolled the defenders across the 2 maps in one wave. Most of the time you barely get to Argonne and this time we won in one push. Crazy.

I like the amount of vehicles honestly. BF4 CQ was a shitshow with both teams having tons of vehicles. Just makes it pointless to play as anything but Engineer most of the time.

That's true. Maybe I'm looking on past BF games with some rose colored glasses. I do like how not everyone is rolling around with a bazooka or something like you'd end up with in past BFs since everyone was so focused on taking out the vehicles.

Shotgun spam is ruining this game for me. Gotta thank all the Youtubers who posted videos day one about how good the shotguns are. Especially xFactor lord knows its the only weapon he uses.

web01

Shotguns are not even OP they are strong at CQC only. Otherwise they are completely out gunned. And this game has plenty of large open areas.

They could tweak the balance between the various versions though.

I was comparing last night. The hunter version takes only slightly longer to regain accuracy after running so it is not as good for rushing in. But it has better accuracy at range. To emphasise the difference more I think they should remove bayonet from hunter version and keep it on factory.

The Flash

Banned
Light tank is love, light tank is life

yXlh3Cb.png

Stupid question: What is the Default Key on PC for changing your fire selection mode (e.g full Auto to single shot)? And where on the UI can you see the currently active mode?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Model 10-A Hunter makes me feel like I'm cheating. It is so powerful at absurdly long ranges (well, compared to shotguns in any other game). And because it's also so damn easy to use the kills seem like they're just handed to you.

Model 10-A Hunter makes me feel like I'm cheating. It is so powerful at absurdly long ranges (well, compared to shotguns in any other game). And because it's also so damn easy to use the kills seem like they're just handed to you.

Yeah, it's ridiculous. If it was using slugs I'd understand somewhat. However, it's using buckshot ffs. Shotguns are powerful in CQC I understand that, but the Model 10 Hunter range extends way pass CQC. When I'm getting kills at medium and even long range with it, there's a problem. It reminds me of the slugs from BC2 before they nerfed them.

The Flash

Banned
So I noticed that the description for Premium says that new Elite classes will be introduced. I can't really think of anything else that they could do though. Jetpacks? Those were a thing right?

Yeah, it's ridiculous. If it was using slugs I'd understand somewhat. However, it's using buckshot ffs. Shotguns are powerful in CQC I understand that, but the Model 10 Hunter range extends way pass CQC. When I'm getting kills at medium and even long range with it, there's a problem. It reminds me of the slugs from BC2 before they nerfed them.
But guyyyyyys, shotguns (or rather only the A10 Hunter) are totally fine, they are just realistic now and have the Range and damage they should have had in other BFs. They were totally the deadliest guns and realism is super important (never mind all the autoloaders and that MG Hero Knight Guy over there), so things are totally fine. That the 10A H is the only gun I use on the Assault instead(also instead of every other shotty or shotty variant) is totally unrelated, I just like bring realistic and utterly pwning at Close and Medium Range, don't you dare take away my Baby!

Light tank is love, light tank is life

yXlh3Cb.png

That's what I love about Battlefield. In any other shooter you would've been on top of the score board with a k/d like that, but here you only managed to get in 4th place, probably with 3 players above you with a k/d of around 1 or something.

When you give orders what do the numbers on each flag/objective mean?

It's how many other squad leaders gave orders for that objective.

I'll keep banging this drum: Every class should have access to one bolt-action rifle with iron sights. It's the only type of gun I want to use, and it sucks that you're restricted to scout for the most common weapon type of the era.

This. I would play medic exclusively if this was an option.
that spot flare though. I would miss that

Glass

Tried EA Access to get my 10 hour trial of BF1 and loved the game, but that trial did not last anywhere near 10 hours. Should have recorded my time spent in the game. Even made sure to quit out of it inbetween matches.

h00jraq

Neo Member
Model A10 is really overpowered and it should be nerfed ASAP. Damage is rather ok but range is ridiculous. I'm curious if they nerf this gun in November patch.

Pakoe

I have no problems with shotguns killing me up close, but i've been killed at ranges that don't really make sense.
I sprayed a few rounds of my Automatico, but got killed by someone with a shotgun. That was in Amien, at the C flag and we were both standing at the edge of the bridge.

brawly

The unprecedented happened this year. One of my CoD bro friends decided to give Battlefield a go, because we were both disappointed by IW & MWR.

I already played the EA access trial and I'm excited. Just hope that he'll like it.

Theorry

All these people who complain about the range on the model 10. Probably never used a shotgun in BF4.
Hope they dont nerf it like in all games. And keep it like BF4.
Glad its good. Otherwise you would only see Hellriegel.

Model 10 Hunter is my go to weapon because the only alternatives lead to me pouring a clip into someone's back only for them to turn around and OHKO me with pretty much any weapon.

At least with the Model 10 the playing field is levelled somewhat. Plus it's the most useful weapon to defend objectives on operations. You can clear out a squad easy.

If they nerf it, which they blatantly will because of all the butthurts..... I'll have to rethink how much of my time this game will take.

ps4 UK gaf - same time tonight (22:00) - as soon as Walking Dead finishes haha

Thriller

So UK ps4gaf just brought our tally to 14-3 thanks to another 2 wins and a smashing of Conquer hell after two straight losses there.

All in all we played brilliantly. Pankratous consistently tops the board. Redders reviving like mad. Johans great defensive play. Even sewious duck joined the opponents once our party filled.

Think we need to tame kaiserslacht tomorrow boys ;)

If on ps4 uk at luvs_2_squidge. I'm a mod on the ps4 battlefield community so we play every night from ten

I modded you but wasn't able to join last night. Will you play again tonight? And Do you guys start a party so everyone can talk to eachother?

I modded you but wasn't able to join last night. Will you play again tonight? And Do you guys start a party so everyone can talk to eachother?

Yeah cheers for that mate. I added like 20+ people so hopefully that works out.

Yeah I'd imagine at least a full squad of 8 will be on at 10. It's normally just me that makes the parties (we organise and communicate through a group message on ps4) because having multiple parties with a couple of people gets hard to organise.

Once we are in a party of 8 we find games and continue. Between games I post in the group message saying "2 mins to next game - 2 spaces in party" or whatever.

If there is too high of a demand I normally message on the group saying "4 people waiting - make a second party if necessary"

If in the instance myself or another mod can't game at 22:00 UK time - I'll post in the group message and someone else can take over

For example I'll post tonight saying - Party will be up at 22:05 - because of Walking Dead airing in the UK. Then when the party is up I message 'party up' and it normally fills in seconds

We get quite a good mixture of people, some regular faces and some newer ones. We all chat and are actually getting to know each other quite well. My mate Nitro2buggy is one hell of a tactician so between him and I leading two squads we normally storm the opponents, and I mean massively haha. 25-30k per game experience

h00jraq

Neo Member
Model 10 Hunter is my go to weapon because the only alternatives lead to me pouring a clip into someone's back only for them to turn around and OHKO me with pretty much any weapon.

At least with the Model 10 the playing field is levelled somewhat. Plus it's the most useful weapon to defend objectives on operations. You can clear out a squad easy.

If they nerf it, which they blatantly will because of all the butthurts..... I'll have to rethink how much of my time this game will take.

ps4 UK gaf - same time tonight (22:00) - as soon as Walking Dead finishes haha

What You just said confirm that this weapon should be nerfed, They can buff other weapons a bit but this particular one should be nerfed. No one care if people will quit game because one particular weapon was nerfed and now You can't get KD 4:1 with shotgun that has range like SMG. You will find new weapon and adapt. This is called balance and learn to play.

What You just said confirm that this weapon should be nerfed, They can buff other weapons a bit but this particular one should be nerfed. No one care if people will quit game because one particular weapon was nerfed and now You can't get KD 4:1 with shotgun that has range like SMG. You will find new weapon and adapt. This is called balance and learn to play.

To be fair I've got to rank 9 in assault since using the Model 10 so even if they do nerf it I imagine one of two things will happen,

1 - I'll use the hellreigel or 2 - They'll buff the other shottys

Besides - as a competent user of the Model 10 (consistently near top of the leaderboard) I fail to see how it's OP. It's unlikely anyone will go 4:1 KDR for a whole game using just the Shotty. There are times when using it is tactically not very useful but I stick with it because I can also take out tanks very quickly and I hate the SMG's I have unlocked.

People are moaning because they are getting killed by the model 10 from what they believe is 'a longer distance' than should be realistic. What about getting outgunned by a medic with a mondragon from point blank range or a sniper running around the map with a SMLE.

I normally finish rounds with slightly positive KD. At a push I'll get 1.5 or higher but trust me - using the Model 10 (and actually playing objectives and not camping like a little bitch in a corner) - you will not get a ridiculous KD

Redders

Another fantastic couple of games with PS4 GAF. Shame I've had to drop off early otherwise I'll die in work tomorrow!

Redders is just sick man, impossible for me to come top when he's in the game! Incredible medic.

Cheers mate, we do run it close 1st and 2nd interchanging, good competition!

Depending on how accurate that stats website is I'm 356th for Heals and 492nd for Revives on PS4. Love those extra points it brings.

Nuszka

Had Marini Henry for over a week and still can't put it away, its just too fun to use.
Will start using other classes from tonight me thinks.

Had Marini Henry for over a week and still can't put it away, its just too fun to use.
Will start using other classes from tonight me thinks.

Looking forward to seeing it mate.

Depending on how accurate that stats website is I'm 356th for Heals and 492nd for Revives on PS4. Love those extra points it brings.

Yeah for real. Your heals are what wins us the attacks sometimes. It's top level.

Pankratous usually smashes it but with your heals... wow

Theorry

To be fair I've got to rank 9 in assault since using the Model 10 so even if they do nerf it I imagine one of two things will happen,

1 - I'll use the hellreigel or 2 - They'll buff the other shottys

Besides - as a competent user of the Model 10 (consistently near top of the leaderboard) I fail to see how it's OP. It's unlikely anyone will go 4:1 KDR for a whole game using just the Shotty. There are times when using it is tactically not very useful but I stick with it because I can also take out tanks very quickly and I hate the SMG's I have unlocked.

People are moaning because they are getting killed by the model 10 from what they believe is 'a longer distance' than should be realistic. What about getting outgunned by a medic with a mondragon from point blank range or a sniper running around the map with a SMLE.

I normally finish rounds with slightly positive KD. At a push I'll get 1.5 or higher but trust me - using the Model 10 (and actually playing objectives and not camping like a little bitch in a corner) - you will not get a ridiculous KD

I agree. Its not that you can use it easy everywhere on every map. And shoot people from crazy ranges. That would be OP. People use that word also way to fast. Its a strong shotgun but still you need to play to it strengths more then other guns and if you do that you get rewarded. If your aim is on point to. Because if you dont kill in one shot. You probably are dead.

I agree. Its not that you can use it easy everywhere on every map. And shoot people from crazy ranges. That would be OP. People use that word also way to fast. Its a strong shotgun but still you need to play to it strengths more then other guns and if you do that you get rewarded. If your aim is on point to. Because if you dont kill in one shot. You probably are dead.

Exactly, it's all about learning. People don't scream OP because a sniper sits on a hill and gets 30 kills because they are using it to it's strengths.

If you learn how to shotty and it plays to your strengths you can be a really effective force but it's not like you can take people out from unrealistically far on a regular basis. Already injured, sure....

THEaaron

T

:D :D :D :D competent model 10 user :D :D :D :D

That is the thing. The model 10 is just out of place in terms of balance because there is NO reason to take another shotgun. It's just easy mode and the range is WAY to high.

I've played that weapon myself and the oneshot distance is utterly disgusting. That weapon will find it place in the upcoming patches.

Will try to compliment the squad I'm with , but I'm kinda leaning towards assault now.

It's our most under-represented class type I'd say.

Lots of medics (which is very good for operations) and lots of support already.

Sounds good mate

:D :D :D :D competent model 10 user :D :D :D :D

That is the thing. The model 10 is just out of place in terms of balance because there is NO reason to take another shotgun. It's just easy mode and the range is WAY to high.

I've played that weapon myself and the oneshot distance is utterly disgusting. That weapon will find it place in the upcoming patches.

I've used the model 10 pretty much exclusively since I unlocked it. It's far from 'easy' mode.... You still need to play properly, use cover, drop shot etc...
The range is not way too high and range OHKO happens when the opponent is already injured sure.

Who's bright idea was it to give the attackers a behemoth the first time they fail on the defender's last base? I just played against a team who steamrolled us all the way to the last base on Amiens, we managed to hold off the last base once, but then they got the armoured train and the game was over in minutes.

They should only get a behemoth on the last base on their last life. The way it is now it gives them a pretty much guaranteed win.

Out of curiosity mate what is your loadout for the medic?

Spuck-uk

Banned
But guyyyyyys, shotguns (or rather only the A10 Hunter) are totally fine, they are just realistic now and have the Range and damage they should have had in other BFs. They were totally the deadliest guns and realism is super important (never mind all the autoloaders and that MG Hero Knight Guy over there), so things are totally fine. That the 10A H is the only gun I use on the Assault instead(also instead of every other shotty or shotty variant) is totally unrelated, I just like bring realistic and utterly pwning at Close and Medium Range, don't you dare take away my Baby!

Just for once, it's nice to have a good reason to use shotguns in a battlefield game. FWIW the range is still pitiful compared to an actual shotgun.

I say this as someone who had more kills with the Saiga than any other gun in BF4, the struggle was real.

Who's bright idea was it to give the attackers a behemoth the first time they fail on the defender's last base? I just played against a team who steamrolled us all the way to the last base on Amiens, we managed to hold off the last base once, but then they got the armoured train and the game was over in minutes.

They should only get a behemoth on the last base on their last life. The way it is now it gives them a pretty much guaranteed win.

You wanna know what's worse?

When you steamroll an opponent and white-wash the first map so the defenders get the behemoth or the train or the dreadnought as well as defending!

To be fair exactly what you are mentioning happened to UKps4gaf last night. We destroyed the opponents on Conquer Hell and when it got to the forest we struggled because 'they' had the train. Then on the last map we finally lost an attack and we won the final map using the train without losing any tickets haha

You can normally tell when you are going to win or lose based on which sections you win/lose respectively when defending or attacking

Redders

Yeah for real. Your heals are what wins us the attacks sometimes. It's top level.

Pankratous usually smashes it but with your heals... wow

I do try!

Out of curiosity mate what is your loadout for the medic?

Autoloading 8 .25 Extended (Almost 1000 kills with it now, my favourite as I can fire this a lot faster than the other medic weapons whilst keeping control so is decent at close range)
Medic Bag, Syringe, M1911 and Frag Grenade

Top Bottom