• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

5taquitos

I'll keep banging this drum: Every class should have access to one bolt-action rifle with iron sights. It's the only type of gun I want to use, and it sucks that you're restricted to scout for the most common weapon type of the era.

Im a dummy. It was a skin for the the gewer 98 i have the m95.

My bad! Lol

I did the exact same thing last night.

how-do-i-quick-scope_o_1983397.jpg

lol

Finally started playing again after a bit of a break with TF 2. This game is still fucking good!

Last base on Amiens, about to lose B and there's a friendly tank sitting 20ft away from A not doing anything. They could have turned the game around if they'd just moved forward a touch instead of shooting people.

Ugh.

Denzar

Love the game, but I generally suck at aiming. Are there some tips you could give me?

PC here. Love playing as medic, but I haven't really found a weapon that satifies me. Unlocked almost all of the primary ones and they're all semi automatics...

In b4 git gud.

Love the game, but I generally suck at aiming. Are there some tips you could give me?

PC here. Love playing as medic, but I haven't really found a weapon that satifies me. Unlocked almost all of the primary ones and they're all semi automatics...

In b4 git gud.
Something I've learned the hard way with the semi auto rifles is that you really have to pace your shots to be accurate. If you click rapidly, you're probably going to miss like half of your shots.

Something else that many people probably don't realize is that the starting rifle (Cel Rigotti) can be switched to full-auto mode. I know this sort of goes against what I said about pacing your shots, but full auto can be handy in CQB situations since you don't have to click like crazy.

I also found that lowering my ADS sensitivity helped a bit with aiming. I think I settled on 75%. This is purely personal preference though, and might actually make some people play worse.

julrik

I've been using the MP18 Trench and Model 10 for quite some time now (level 5 assault), and I just tried the Automatico Storm - I love it. The recoil takes some getting used to, but it just rips people apart!

julrik

In b4 git gud.
I play on console, but try adjusting your mouse intensity so it feels natural? I recommend enabling Uniform Soldier Aiming as well.

You do know that some guns have different firing modes? Anyways, if you want a rifle, try Mondragon Storm or Selbstlader M1916. Many people love them.

FWIW, I like M1907 Sweeper and Autoloading 8.25 Extended.

Surfinn

Last base on Amiens, about to lose B and there's a friendly tank sitting 20ft away from A not doing anything. They could have turned the game around if they'd just moved forward a touch instead of shooting people.

Ugh.
Nothing more frustrating than some dude sucking the effectiveness out of tanks and hurting the team.

Ihyll

Bros

The Selbstlader 1916 Optical is a beast of a gun

26 round clip, 3 shot kill

I prefer the optical variant to the marksman one since you get a better field of view as you're not zoomed in as much.

The marksman variant is a beast to counter snipe with though.

Best gun in the game no?

Theorry

Bros

I prefer the optical variant to the marksman one since you get a better field of view as you're not zoomed in as much.

Best gun in the game no?

Nah. Hellriegel.
Also stats wise the Selbstlader is nice. But just prefer the Mondragon. Get easier kills with it then the Selbstlader. The gun feels off for me sometimes.

Lender

Recon rank 10! And boy, is that Martini-Henry an awesome rifle. It's not particularly good on very long ranges, but on short and medium range it's just a beast. One shot one kills are no exceptions usually. I love it!

giphy.gif

Bros

Best gun in the game no?

WOW, I'm going to have to check that one out. The ROF really turned me off when I saw its stats, but if it's really a 3-hit kill... that sounds delicious, especially with a 26-bullet magazine which is ridiculous for a rifle.

Lender

Not gonna lie I completely agree. Most my time has gone to Operations and Domination.

I love playing Conquest when I don't have the time for Operations. Especially in a good squad it can be a lot fun!

But it's true, Operations is much more fun! I got thrown into the defenders side for a change (I'm 90% chosen as an attacker for some reason) and I didn't nearly had as much fan as I did when I was playing as an attacker. It's a lot more enjoyable!

I can't stop playing this game. I just wish there was more customization/unlocks. It's like an IV drip of content. Also that new map can't come soon enough.

J-Rzez

we need more maps ASAP.

This and weapons. They really skimped on content here. There was a lot of content to draw from, but this era really does make it tough on them. They should have gone more in depth with classes I think to make up for this. But yeah, maps and weapons, need more asap.

Now, Battlefield 2, that will be the true test for them because there was a crazy amount of material for them to work with for sure. But I wouldn't doubt we'll see limited amounts from that as well, for reasons.

Another fantastic couple of games with PS4 GAF. Shame I've had to drop off early otherwise I'll die in work tomorrow!

Redders is just sick man, impossible for me to come top when he's in the game! Incredible medic.

Hope the HDR patch comes out soon! Pro is coming on the 10th, but in the meanwhile we got our 55' 4k HDR Samsung.

Ratchet, Uncharted and inFamous look great! The colors are amazing!

Sam Handwich

Neo Member
I got in a few matches last night as a scout (I like to play aggressively with iron sights, capturing points , etc) when a tank rolled up on me. I thought "hey, I have some K-Bullets, rad," but instead of switching to K-Bullets, my little soldier boy pulled out some silly little lever-action gun that did nothing to the tank (when I killed an infantry with it, it said K-Bullet kill). My friend tried K-bullets and pulled out the same little gun (both on ps4). Was there some patch I missed? Is this a bug? Am I just an idiot?

Trojan

Are the medals cocked-up again? It says they reset but after about 5 seconds of new medals it reverts back to the old ones. Did DICE not fix this?

So UK ps4gaf just brought our tally to 14-3 thanks to another 2 wins and a smashing of Conquer hell after two straight losses there.

All in all we played brilliantly. Pankratous consistently tops the board. Redders reviving like mad. Johans great defensive play. Even sewious duck joined the opponents once our party filled.

Think we need to tame kaiserslacht tomorrow boys ;)

Ok thats it. I need in on GAF games. Whose the head honcho I should add

If on ps4 uk at luvs_2_squidge. I'm a mod on the ps4 battlefield community so we play every night from ten

The Anti-Air Artillery Truck is a freaking beast. I probably would've gotten the weekly "damage and destroy 10 vehicles" medal in one match alone. Taking down panes with an AA gun is probably my favorite feeling in this game, and being able to be mobile at the same time is amazing.

WillyFive

Are the medals cocked-up again? It says they reset but after about 5 seconds of new medals it reverts back to the old ones. Did DICE not fix this?

They have yet to release any patch to fix anything since launch. The first one comes out soon though, hopefully they fix many things.

Recon rank 10! And boy, is that Martini-Henry an awesome rifle. It's not particularly good on very long ranges, but on short and medium range it's just a beast. One shot one kills are no exceptions usually. I love it!

giphy.gif

I love the Martini Henry, however I think the MKLM SMLE (iron sight versions) is an overall better option

Bros

Best gun in the game no?

Yes. Actually prefer the optical to counter snipe, enough to see far targets but no scope to handle stuff close in. Best sounding gun in the game too.

WillyFive

I really don't like how vehicle combat in this game especially when compared to bf4

Really? It has all been improved massively since BF4 with the exception of boats.

I think infantry combat is not as fun though, the WW1 era guns are more cumbersome to use.

Firebrand

The Anti-Air Artillery Truck is a freaking beast. I probably would've gotten the weekly "damage and destroy 10 vehicles" medal in one match alone. Taking down panes with an AA gun is probably my favorite feeling in this game, and being able to be mobile at the same time is amazing.

Love it too, haha. I feel a bit guilty for not using a heavy tank sometimes, but between planes being shot down I can help cap objectives the machine gun. If they start firing rockets, just repair, smoke and meepmeep (beepbeep?) out of there.

So that Model 10…

Lol wtf, shit is broken as hell. I’ve been using the Hellriegel this whole time because I thought it was the best weapon, but I started to use the Model 10 Hunter and the range on it is ridiculous. I’m getting kills with it and I’m like this shouldn’t be possible.

Berg

Is there a rule of thumb for when planes/vehicles are available? Really love flying, and feel like I'm most effective there, just not sure when I should wait for a plane or just spawn as a foot soldier

Is there a rule of thumb for when planes/vehicles are available? Really love flying, and feel like I'm most effective there, just not sure when I should wait for a plane or just spawn as a foot soldier

I believe each side starts with two planes. Some of the points have extra ones, like D on MG has a plane spawn. So if you already see two friendly planes up, there is no point in waiting.

So that Model 10…

Lol wtf, shit is broken as hell. I’ve been using the Hellriegel this whole time because I thought it was the best weapon, but I started to use the Model 10 Hunter and the range on it is ridiculous. I’m getting kills with it and I’m like this shouldn’t be possible.

A shotgun having range for once only feels broken because you're conditioned to the usual video gamey weak ass shotguns. Shotguns can have decent range irl, and since WW1 sparked a huge resurgence in shotgun usage that led to it's modern reputation it couldn't be more appropriate. A shotgun was the best thing a soldier could hope for in the trenches, so why not let them shine for once?

XBP

A shotgun having range for once only feels broken because you're conditioned to the usual video gamey weak ass shotguns. Shotguns can have decent range irl, and since WW1 sparked a huge resurgence in shotgun usage that led to it's modern reputation it couldn't be more appropriate. A shotgun was the best thing a soldier could hope for in the trenches, so why not let them shine for once?

The problem isn't that shotguns in general are op, it's that both the model 10 factory and hunter are way better than every other shotgun in the game. There is absolutely no reason to pick a gun other than these two if you want to play with a shotgun. A game's weapons aren't balanced properly when two of them are plain better at a wide range of scenerios than every other weapon of the type in the game.

Conquest is now Battlefields MW2.

It's a complete mess.

Yeah... I think this is the first BF game I can really ever recall where I haven't really done too much of Conquest. I've mostly been doing the Operations and Rush. Which, the Operations are sort of like a hybrid of Conquest and Rush, with more focused Capture points.

I don't know if its just some of the maps not feeling really well designed for Conquest, or the lack of very many vehicles in those maps or the way they altered ticket bleed for Conquest, but I'm not really feeling it in BF1 when its always been my go to mode in BF games.

JDB

Banned
Yeah... I think this is the first BF game I can really ever recall where I haven't really done too much of Conquest. I've mostly been doing the Operations and Rush. Which, the Operations are sort of like a hybrid of Conquest and Rush, with more focused Capture points.

I don't know if its just some of the maps not feeling really well designed for Conquest, or the lack of very many vehicles in those maps or the way they altered ticket bleed for Conquest, but I'm not really feeling it in BF1 when its always been my go to mode in BF games.
I like the amount of vehicles honestly. BF4 CQ was a shitshow with both teams having tons of vehicles. Just makes it pointless to play as anything but Engineer most of the time.

Top Bottom