• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Hjod

Banned
I think the BAR is a top tier gun on PC, but on console managing the recoil demotes it below other weapons IMO. You have to try and manage the recoil at full auto, which on console means I can only handle 1-2 enemies before reload, or you tap fire to push that to 2-3 enemies, but then the TTK is too low. Maybe I just need to "get gud", but that had been my experience. When I first unlocked the Storm version I was estatic with how it felt and shot, but the more I lost engagements I would win with other weapons the more my enthusiasm died. You can tell from twitch/YouTube that PC is a completely different story.

I play on PS4, but you're right in that I can't take on that many enemies at the same time, I think the BAR Storm fits my playstyle well cause I flank alot and doing so I take the enemy by suprise, but in a straight up shoot out against other weapons I'm dead as dicks.

terrible

Banned
The BAR Storm is still beastly on PS4 but it is a bit tricky to use I guess. I pretty much go full auto but it works in bursts to some degree unlike the other guns in that class.

The Dude

Question, why do they only show the second half stats of operations? Or is there a way to check the first half stars after it takes place?

Orcus

Ahhhhhh, dayum. It's this. If I press R2 in a deathgrip, and I mean seriously crush it into the body of the pad, flamethrower works. Genuinely hurts my hand after a couple of seconds though, I have to grip it that hard. It's the same on both my pads.

How odd, that can't be normal. One pad is launch and old so maybe it's dying, but the other is pretty new.
Yay, at least you know what the issue is. My memory is foggy, but I believe that someone posted a dev acknowledging the issue and stating that they would address it. I can't remember the specifics though. :(

Orcus

The BAR Storm is still beastly on PS4 but it is a bit tricky to use I guess. I pretty much go full auto but it works in bursts to some degree unlike the other guns in that class.
I think the BAR plays closest to the assault rifles/carbines and even some of the LMGs from BF4 more than any other weapon in BF1. It feels like the high recoil assault guns in comparison.

I think it brings a short range option to the class that is more viable than any other support weapons, but then you lose at medium range more than you would using some of the other LMGs. PC-mouse doesn't have to make that trade off. I guess I feel like support is less viable on consoles then it is on PC.

Tried that, nothing. I'm sitting in a pristine flame tank on an empty server, I can skip round all the seats firing guns except for the two flame turrets, they do nothing.

What! The fuck!

Oh that issue? I had the same problem on xbone

I just keep using it even though I don't see anything but a little flame at the end. Other times I see a full blast of fire. Just use it as long as the tank side works.

The Gewehr 95 Carbine is amazing. Fits my playstyle so well as a Scout. I'm not a big fan of camping on a rock from a mile away. It's great for midrange sniping while your squad takes a flag.

Orcus

Question, why do they only show the second half stats of operations? Or is there a way to check the first half stars after it takes place?
No, it doesn't show them. You can look at the scoreboard right as the match ends to get score and k/d, but that's it. Hopefully they fix that.

terrible

Banned
So I had a weird glitch there for a bit. I couldn't aim up or down and I couldn't even pause the game.

"isjust game is just standing around like an idiot" ;'(

lmao

edit: Loved the winning though. Delicious.

Another undefeated night for ps4 gaf.

Win on attacking oil of empires
Win on attacking conquer hell
Win on attacking iron walls

Yep..... We smashed the shit out of it again

Can I join you guys on PS4 tonight please

Add luvs_2_squidge to ps4. I'll add you to the group chat. We will be on tomorrow from 22:00 UK time

The Dude

Snipers are just so....cant think of the word. I don't mind snipers persay but I just can't get over how dudes just miss nothing. Trying to play assault, tryin to throw some dynamite around entry ways and it doesn't matter, I could crawl up into a donkeys ass hole waiting to hit the trigger and I'd get sniped. I go and lay in the most remote areas sometimes just for a second waiting to ambush and it doesn't matter, always a dude just peeking.

No. If you have a Revision 1, it will stay Revision 1 even when they change to the next revision. So dont save Battlepacks. Open them and scrap the trash skins to save scraps till a pack with lots of good stuff comes along
Ah, good to know. Not a Big loss, opened my 3 Packs and got an awesome camo net Skin for my Medic 1917 Sweeper and a saw-knife Puzzle piece. Nevermind the two crappy Gold Skins, free salvage.

That's probably what I'll do. The only advantage to buying it now is one battlepack a month. Apparently in total there will be 16 new maps, but I'm skeptical that it will just be one big map per DLC that they carve up into smaller maps for other game modes
If it Works anything like B4 Premium you still get all the Battlepacks (including the ones you "missed") even if you buy Premium a year or two after Release. It also says that you get 14 Battlepacks with Premium on the ingame Store page for the season Pass, Nothing about time Limits.

So there is literally No reason to buy Premium before the First Expansion Hits, by which time you well definitely get some discount from somewhere.

I like the design since it's quite similar to mine. I just don't get the symbol on the bottom left. I also don't get what the previous poster said about not enough vagina.

It looks pretty cool when you see it on a tank or vehicle though.
It's actually supposed to be a winking cat Face with a Star eye, Japanese Emoji/Manga style, not a vagina ;(. Guess that Might be too obscure a Reference for most people, Might replace the Star with a Point then. Though I guess having what people think is a vagina on the Emblem is a nice change from all the Penis Emblems and Cartman's Butt ;-).

The Beard

Snipers are just so....cant think of the word. I don't mind snipers persay but I just can't get over how dudes just miss nothing. Trying to play assault, tryin to throw some dynamite around entry ways and it doesn't matter, I could crawl up into a donkeys ass hole waiting to hit the trigger and I'd get sniped. I go and lay in the most remote areas sometimes just for a second waiting to ambush and it doesn't matter, always a dude just peeking.

Are you on PC? Snipers typically suck on PS4. As long as you're not standing still, out in the open for 10+ seconds, you're gonna be ok. You can usually hear them miss a couple times before they hit you, which means you need to start moving.

The Dude

Are you on PC? Snipers typically suck on PS4. As long as you're not standing still, out in the open for 10+ seconds, you're gonna be ok. You can usually hear them miss a couple times before they hit you, which means you need to start moving.

Yea it's not terrible, cept like I said when I just try to hang tight for a few and maybe ambush a tank

Redders

Another undefeated night for ps4 gaf.

Win on attacking oil of empires
Win on attacking conquer hell
Win on attacking iron walls

Yep..... We smashed the shit out of it again

Great evening, some hard fought wins.

Glad we beat those level 90 and 87 guys after losing to them on a previous game the other day.

The Dude

If someone who takes out tanks regularly could post a match or two I'd be awesome, just lookin for some tips and ideas for getting better at it

Anyone else find when getting attacked by melee from the horse, the hit detection is way off, like you get killed and he was nowhere near you to make contact?

Agh! For the first time ever I won a post-combat award (most heals, you're welcome) and I immediately got bounced from the server on a disconnect. Let me bask in my healing glory!

If someone who takes out tanks regularly could post a match or two I'd be awesome, just lookin for some tips and ideas for getting better at it

I am notoriously terrible at posting videos online but I'm pretty badass at tank destruction. Infact I just got my first service star for dynamite and anti-tank grenade last night.

Are you American or UK?

UKps4gaf records:

Kaiserslacht attacking - Win with zero tickets remaining
Kaiserslacht defending - Held enemy at section two - map 1

Conquer Hell attacking - Win with a white wash (claimed last night)
Conquer Hell defending - Held enemy at Section two - map 1

Iron Walls attacking - Multiple white wash victories
Iron Walls defending - Multiple accounts of holding enemy at section two map 1

Oil of Empires attacking - Win with one loss on final section....
Oil of Empires defending - Held enemy at section 1 of the first map multiple times

Do we honestly consider entering the pro leagues?
Our medics are literally MVP every game. It's obscene haha

Xater

I wish we could get a regular group going for us Xbox people. I've been playing with a couple of people here and there and it has always been a good experience.

How long do ps4 gaf play for? Also any videos?

10pm UK time every night.

Latest we have played until was 3.30am on a Friday night, people drop in and out during this but normally we play for a couple of hours.

Yeah what Redders said is pretty much true.

There are people milling around before 10 but officially we start at 10 til around 01:00 each night - weekends longer.

There are 3-4 people who have been on every night - myself included. The others kinda come and go but we've yet to fail to fill the 8 man squad on at least the first game.

Also regarding the videos question - it would be nice if someone volunteered to make a funny or epic montage but I just don't have the editing skills to pull it off.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I wish we could get a regular group going for us Xbox people. I've been playing with a couple of people here and there and it has always been a good experience.

Are you in the Xbox battlefield gaf club? The more members we get the better chance of it happening.

I'm currently playing with some guys I found on looking for a group we've been playing every night since launch.

Xater

Are you in the Xbox battlefield gaf club? The more members we get the better chance of it happening.

I'm currently playing with some guys I found on looking for a group we've been playing every night since launch.

I am not in the preview program. I wish they would finally roll this shit out for everyone.

The ps4 one has over 100 people in it but I've not had any real response to 'party open in 2 minutes' messages

Whereas on our group chat - with like 30+ gaffers on it - I post saying 'party up in 2 mins' and literally as soon as I start the party it pretty much fills. People waiting for the party to open because it's organised so well.

Then we smash it.

Redders

The ps4 one has over 100 people in it but I've not had any real response to 'party open in 2 minutes' messages

Whereas on our group chat - with like 30+ gaffers on it - I post saying 'party up in 2 mins' and literally as soon as I start the party it pretty much fills. People waiting for the party to open because it's organised so well.

Then we smash it.

It's probably because those messages don't make notifications actually pop up immediately on peoples PS4, also you can only see parties that are created specifically in that Community (unless you are friends with the person).

A couple of times I have seen parties set up in there, there have only been a couple of people in them.

It's probably because those messages don't make notifications actually pop up immediately on peoples PS4, also you can only see parties that are created specifically in that Community (unless you are friends with the person).

A couple of times I have seen parties set up in there, there have only been a couple of people in them.

omBgUux.gif

It's 22:00.....

My squad needs me

Then we smash it.

Sometimes you don't even need to give a 2 min warning. From now on I'm going to stalk your psn from 21.50 and snipe the group as it opens. I've still never won attacking the forest or kaisertown

Sometimes you don't even need to give a 2 min warning. From now on I'm going to stalk your psn from 21.50 and snipe the group as it opens. I've still never won attacking the forest or kaisertown

Yeah it's not a bad idea mate haha.

We've won the forest more than we've lost it now.

18 wins - 4 losses in total

2 losses each we've had on Kaiser and Conquer Hell. Both attacking - both very close.

Scotia

Banned
Got this game the other day and I'm really liking it. Is there a way for me to join in on online GAF Battlefield lobbies whenever you guys play? I'm from the UK, if that helps in answering my question.

Cob32

Yeah it's not a bad idea mate haha.

We've won the forest more than we've lost it now.

18 wins - 4 losses in total

2 losses each we've had on Kaiser and Conquer Hell. Both attacking - both very close.

Can you fill all 32 slots with friends if you have them?

Can you fill all 32 slots with friends if you have them?

You can only add 8 people to a party so I think it would become extremely difficult. The only way would be to make a server and call it 'Gaf server' or something and have private gaf vs gaf games there.

I don't think you could fill the lot? That being said if I search for a match and everyone clicks 'join now' then it might work? We had 9 last night because someone did that

Got this game the other day and I'm really liking it. Is there a way for me to join in on online GAF Battlefield lobbies whenever you guys play? I'm from the UK, if that helps in answering my question.

UK GAF, can I join you on Friday night? I mainly play Support.

Add Luvs_2_Squidge to ps4. I will add you to the group chat and you'll see the messages about the party being up. With enough people we could effectively run two parties.

bosseye

Very nearly got a win as the attackers in Oil Empires. Lost a 'life' on each map but got all the way to the last objective in Sinai, just couldn't get it. So close! So epic! Love it.

Top Bottom