• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Very nearly got a win as the attackers in Oil Empires. Lost a 'life' on each map but got all the way to the last objective in Sinai, just couldn't get it. So close! So epic! Love it.

Luckily UKps4Gaf has steamrolled that operation attacking both times we've done it and only lost one life.

If you did it with random peasants you must be a pretty good player!

Cheers, gonna add now. I'm MushroomTip78.

I'll accept it later and add you to the group chat and community. Keep an eye out for the message regarding the party being up and just let yourself in :)

Normally you'll see a message from me just before 22:00

Try to keep chatter to a minimum on the group chat so we don't disturb 30+ people with idle chatter haha.

I actually laughed, brilliant name.

I must admit - that did get me too haha

6XHWT7J5mAda0.gif

kriskrosbbk

Yeah, I guess we will see tomorrow :D.

I have asked some dice employees who normally answers on twitter. But none has replyied about the Pro-patch

Ping if you get something. I am also digging as hard as I can lol
My store just called me ,my PS4 Pro will be at home tomorrow morning

cheers bud

Thanks, just sent you a friend request. I'm Krypton_Xenon.

Nice one mate, I try to co-ordinate it well and so far no hitches.

As I say I'll add you to the group chat so you'll see when the party is going up. Normally no later than 22:00. Keep chatter to a minimum on the group chat though please.

See you online!

Scotia

Banned
Nice one mate, I try to co-ordinate it well and so far no hitches.

As I say I'll add you to the group chat so you'll see when the party is going up. Normally no later than 22:00. Keep chatter to a minimum on the group chat though please.

See you online!

Thanks, see you online!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Last night:
* Joined UKGAF's party *
* Everyone leaves *
Me: :'(

Last night:
* Joined UKGAF's party *
* Everyone leaves *
Me: :'(

haha That time difference is brutal man

Don't worry - friday night I'll be on until very late I'd imagine

Saturday is my 7 year anniversary with my wife so will need another gaffer to take over. Thinking Redders or my boy Nitro2buggy at this stage. I'll turn up later though for real

bosseye

Luckily UKps4Gaf has steamrolled that operation attacking both times we've done it and only lost one life.

It was indeed with all filthy randoms! I was surprised. I was squad leader, so I was able to chuck orders everywhere and the randoms on my squad were happy to actually play the objectives. Combined with other players who could actually drive a tank in a sensible fashion and it all went quite well. Until the very end anyway.

Nah, I'm not much of a player really, typically k/d of 1 or 2, mostly average scores; I'm usually solid mid-upper table obscurity for most games with the occasional leap to the top of the scoreboard if the planets align or slump to the bottom if I'm tired and start doing stuff I know isn't wise like bayonet charging into Grappa Bunkers.

Being UK based myself I might have to get involved with you lot if thats ok, although with a wife and kids I can't always commit to 10.00pm every night. What I lack in ability, I make up for with creative swearing and unseemly shrieking and/or death noises ;)

It was indeed with all filthy randoms! I was surprised. I was squad leader, so I was able to chuck orders everywhere and the randoms on my squad were happy to actually play the objectives. Combined with other players who could actually drive a tank in a sensible fashion and it all went quite well. Until the very end anyway.

Nah, I'm not much of a player really, typically k/d of 1 or 2, mostly average scores; I'm usually solid mid-upper table obscurity for most games with the occasional leap to the top of the scoreboard if the planets align or slump to the bottom if I'm tired and start doing stuff I know isn't wise like bayonet charging into Grappa Bunkers.

Being UK based myself I might have to get involved with you lot if thats ok, although with a wife and kids I can't always commit to 10.00pm every night. What I lack in ability, I make up for with creative swearing and unseemly shrieking and/or death noises ;)

We had a dutch guy last night providing plenty of that. I also have a mate who screams random sounds too so it's all good.

Yeah just add me on Luvs_2_Squidge. We always get plenty of interest so it's not like you'd be letting us down by not turning up haha.

I have a wife and a daughter too so I know your concerns. Luckily for me my wife falls asleep at 9 every night and my daughter is a toddler.

bosseye

We had a dutch guy last night providing plenty of that. I also have a mate who screams random sounds too so it's all good.

Yeah just add me on Luvs_2_Squidge. We always get plenty of interest so it's not like you'd be letting us down by not turning up haha.

I have a wife and a daughter too so I know your concerns. Luckily for me my wife falls asleep at 9 every night and my daughter is a toddler.

Nifty, I'll send you a friend request then and hopefully I'll be able to jump on in at some stage, thanks. It'll come from BarryFishFinger which is my PS4 name.

Nifty, I'll send you a friend request then and hopefully I'll be able to jump on in at some stage, thanks. It'll come from BarryFishFinger which is my PS4 name.

That is a fantastic name I must say.

We now have some right corkers. I kind of wish I hadn't given up my old name -

Touch_of_poo

See the guy in 2nd place? We lost the game because this dude was too scared to tarnish his K/D ratio and instead camped on the outskirts of objectives picking people off with his tank. There were so many times in the last section of that map where we almost had all the points, but instead I had to keep going back and forth between them in my tank, in turn losing the ones I had just captured because I had no back up. If he would have back me up we could have stormed them because clearly he's competent with a tank. I actually got so frustrated with him at one point that I drove over to him and tipped his tank over with mine. XD

30577503140_8975faa599_o.png

Theorry

Jup hate those people. Yesterday trouble to get a point on Operations.
Check the scoreboard. Guy going 28-0. I was like who is that guy i never saw him this match? Quick looked arround. He sitting on a hill trying to snipe people with his tank. Put that think on the point with a full team in it. 6 people capping then already and the tank is always a good shock and awe tactic.

What is the painless rifle to got rank 2 on scout? I despise snipers with a passion, since I think they ruin Battlefield most of the time, so I'm clueless about the performance of the weapons.

I like to run around trying to play the objectives. Are there any good weapon to do this? Or useless camping is the only way?

What is the painless rifle to got rank 2 on scout? I despise snipers with a passion, since I think they ruin Battlefield most of the time, so I'm clueless about the performance of the weapons.

I like to run around trying to play the objectives. Are there any good weapon to do this? Or useless camping is the only way?

Take the scope off the sniper and a combination of a sniper shot and switch to side-arm can take people out really well. I played sniper aggressively for a short time. SMLE Infantry is my favourite personally but I'm not sure when you unlock it.

Jup hate those people. Yesterday trouble to get a point on Operations.
Check the scoreboard. Guy going 28-0. I was like who is that guy i never saw him this match? Quick looked arround. He sitting on a hill trying to snipe people with his tank. Put that think on the point with a full team in it. 6 people capping then already and the tank is always a good shock and awe tactic.

6 people in a tank is NOT a good idea to take objectives. Sure it takes them fast but if you've got a guy like me on the enemy team that's just 6 people all bunched together for an easy kill. The best thing to do with tanks is use them as spawn points 'near' an objective and also as armoured transport. You should never really pull a tank right on the objective as you are just asking for trouble.

Also.... the shock and awe tactic works wonders if you go in tandem with two landships. That's about the only vehicle combination that causes me any real issues as a tank destroyer.

Theorry

Just use a sniper with iron sights and a good sweet spot arround 30/40/50 meters. Can play pretty agressive with it. The SMLE infantery is good for that. The Martini is maybe the best but that is a level 10 scout weapon.

The Flash

Banned
Sniping with a tank is a legitimate strategy

*says a guy who has more kills with the light tank than anything else put together*

Sniping with a tank is a legitimate strategy

*says a guy who has more kills with the light tank than anything else put together*

Whenever me and UKps4gaf play together the genuine excitement I feel when someone goes 'tank over in this position'. I'm like YES!!! Time to shine boys!

Plus my boy Nitro2buggy does the same as me only he takes them on with a hammer.....
It's amazing how many he steals and fully heals.

Theorry

6 people in a tank is NOT a good idea to take objectives. Sure it takes them fast but if you've got a guy like me on the enemy team that's just 6 people all bunched together for an easy kill. The best thing to do with tanks is use them as spawn points 'near' an objective and also as armoured transport. You should never really pull a tank right on the objective as you are just asking for trouble.

Also.... the shock and awe tactic works wonders if you go in tandem with two landships. That's about the only vehicle combination that causes me any real issues as a tank destroyer.

It is needed when there arent much tickets left really. The shock and awe tactic with a full tank squad with flamethrowers is pretty good to get that burn started. Wich results in other teammates seeing that it being capped and are more confident to push also then.

It is needed when there arent much tickets left really. The shock and awe tactic with a full tank squad with flamethrowers is pretty good to get that burn started. Wich results in other teammates seeing that it being capped and are more confident to push also then.

There are occasions when tanks are literally the best option.

Kaiserslacht attacking - the first few sections
Oil of Empires - whole third map relies on tanks and medics
Conquer hell attacking - C position inside that building - camp a tank outside for maximum hilarity.
Iron walls attacking - A position inside that large tunnel (the same time as B with the AA gun on top in that bunker)

Hi guys I'm on both consoles BF1 Uk gamer .

Please add me GT: thehulkandkid

Appreciate it . Defo up for Friday nights teaming up .

Thanks

I'll add you tonight to friends list and group chat. Im Luvs_2_Squidge on PSN. Every night at 22:00 we go on.

Cynn

Go into TDM and/or another smaller mode and main the Mars pistol.

Ozorov

David Sirland ‏@tiggr_ 8m8 minutes ago

Woho! Finally a proper computer here at work - now to get a grip on BF1! What is your top issues or things lacking?

Looks like DICE LA is going to start working on BF1. Hell yeah

David Sirland ‏@tiggr_ 8m8 minutes ago

Woho! Finally a proper computer here at work - now to get a grip on BF1! What is your top issues or things lacking?

DHgSn.gif

Nerf everything that isn't the Model 10

Made the mistake of buying the Tank Hunter variant of the Landship, trading the MG AND the mortar for a slow firing anti tank rifle WITH strong bullet drop sure was not worth it. Even instant repair can't make up for it. Sure, sometimes hitting a plane for 35 damage is hilarious but doesn't make up for the huge loss in raw killing potential, you just don't face that many tanks to make up for becoming mostly helpless against infantry. Sadly I didn't check the equipment of the Tank Hunter before buying it, thought I would get an AT cannon instead of MG/mortar, would have been a worthwile tradeoff. As is even instant repair isn't enough to make up for it.

Might perhaps be a good choice with your own coordinated squad for taking down heavy tanks (even a single Landship sponson cannon can keep up with a Heavy tank in damage), but randoms seem to avoid manning Landships like the plague for some reason (which means you barely have anyone manning the cannons, why the heck when everyone always jumps into heavy tanks <.<?), so even the standard variant is only worth it in very few select situations (like the last map of Oils and Empires conquest, sniping mortar Landship just murders everything on wide, open ground). If you spawn in a tank to begin with you might just as well take a Heavy tank if you are using up a tank slot to begin with and have far more firepower and HP as the driver.

David Sirland &#8207;@tiggr_ 8m8 minutes ago

NICE! The sooner DICE LA takes over balancing the better, they do a great job at balancing while DICE Sweden pretty much sucks balls at it. This is very encouraging news, especially so shortely after release. LA gets shit done fast and well to boot.

Take the scope off the sniper and a combination of a sniper shot and switch to side-arm can take people out really well. I played sniper aggressively for a short time. SMLE Infantry is my favourite personally but I'm not sure when you unlock it.

I do that all the time and I hardly ever get killed :p I'm usually always at the top and have most captures/defends all while in a tank.

Although I think the ~800 hours I put into BF4 gave me pretty good spidey senses while in a tank, which you definitely need when you play like I do. With that and the auto-repair package you can be unstoppable.

I do that all the time and I hardly ever get killed :p I'm usually always at the top and have most captures/defends all while in a tank.

Although I think the ~800 hours I put into BF4 gave me pretty good spidey senses while in a tank, which you definitely need when you play like I do. With that and the auto-repair package you can be unstoppable.

All this makes me want to do is test that theory.... haha

Not sure if anyone has posted this but you can unlock, via warbonds, additional vehicle weapons and stuff only through the app. Unlike weapons in the game where you can buy them while you're in the game. The vehicles don't have this option and you can only find them in the app. Pretty stupid that they left it like that.

Ozorov

Not sure if anyone has posted this but you can unlock, via warbonds, additional vehicle weapons and stuff only through the app. Unlike weapons in the game where you can buy them while you're in the game. The vehicles don't have this option and you can only find them in the app. Pretty stupid that they left it like that.

You can buy them in game, but you have to have chosen to be a tank/pilot etc

Xater

Nope, when you select a vehicle on the map screen you can hit Y and have exactly the same options as in the app.

All this makes me want to do is test that theory.... haha

Heh, would be fun for sure...although I think I'd rather be on your team. :p

Whenever me and UKps4gaf play together the genuine excitement I feel when someone goes 'tank over in this position'. I'm like YES!!! Time to shine boys!

Plus my boy Nitro2buggy does the same as me only he takes them on with a hammer.....
It's amazing how many he steals and fully heals.

Lol, that reminds me of a clip I saved the other day:

Battlefield 1 - Thor's Hammer

Alpende

Not many people spot in this game thats for sure.

Spotting sometimes works for me and most of the times it doesn't. A lot of times I can't spot enemies when I clearly see them in front of me / in my field of view. Some have said it has a distance restriction so that might be it.

The Dude

Not many people spot in this game thats for sure.

Yea I noticed that, I try to all the time. But yea I noticed not many spot.

I do wish there were long and short operations, love the mode but sometimes if I need to bail or don't have tons of time it'd be nice to do one that is say one territory rather than 2.

Vaga

You can ingame but some DICE idiot decided the only way to buy & change loadouts for vehicles is to first highlight one when you're dead. Good luck doing that in a game where tanks barely spawn and are insta-claimed.

Had to find an empty server so I could customize all vehicles at once.

Yeah, but I noticed you only play at 10PM and later, and I'm usually in bed by then unfortunately.

Yeah we start at 22:00 until late. Fridays and Saturdays we go til alot later.

It's just because it's the time most people are available.

No harm in joining us and setting up earlier games to see whose about? Then when the big boys come on at ten you can toddle off to bed haha

Alpende

Is the PS4 BF1 community called 'NeoGAF Battlefield 1 community'? I am in that one but I'm not sure if there are more.

Top Bottom