• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Is the PS4 BF1 community called 'NeoGAF Battlefield 1 community'? I am in that one but I'm not sure if there are more.

That's the one.

That only really shows you when someone makes a party 'in' that community though.

Your best bet is to add Luvs_2_Squidge which is me and I will add you to our group message.

Then you see when any parties are up

terrible

Banned
I think the BAR plays closest to the assault rifles/carbines and even some of the LMGs from BF4 more than any other weapon in BF1. It feels like the high recoil assault guns in comparison.

I think it brings a short range option to the class that is more viable than any other support weapons, but then you lose at medium range more than you would using some of the other LMGs. PC-mouse doesn't have to make that trade off. I guess I feel like support is less viable on consoles then it is on PC.

IMO mid range is where it excels, it's significantly better than the other LMGs there. I'm going based on feel and the symthic stats. It outguns the Automatico, MP18, and things like that at mid range too. It's better than the other LMGs up close too but it's mid range fighting where it becomes good vs other guns. That's really its sweet spot, not much can beat it there.

If DICE nerfs it I'll be annoyed. I'm sure they have usage stats showing that it's being used a ton which will make them assume it's OP but it's used so much mostly because it's the only LMG that doesn't suck. If the BAR wasn't as good as it is now I wouldn't even play as Support. They need to boost the other LMGs not nerf the BAR.

6 people in a tank is NOT a good idea to take objectives. Sure it takes them fast but if you've got a guy like me on the enemy team that's just 6 people all bunched together for an easy kill. The best thing to do with tanks is use them as spawn points 'near' an objective and also as armoured transport. You should never really pull a tank right on the objective as you are just asking for trouble.

Also.... the shock and awe tactic works wonders if you go in tandem with two landships. That's about the only vehicle combination that causes me any real issues as a tank destroyer.

It's probably a doable tactic in most lobbies but I wouldn't consider it vs GAF. Pretty much every time I ran towards a tank with a limpet charge last night there was at least one other person trying to dynamite or wrench the hell out of it too. I think against you guys tanks should probably keep their distance lol. It's not safe.

kriskrosbbk

So I notice that BF1 was not in the US-version of the list for Pro-patches. Hopefully just a miss?

I feel you man hah. Things are getting frustrating aren't they?My Pro is coming in couple of hours and honestly this is the only game I want to play now on it. Enhanced of course.

Xater

So I notice that BF1 was not in the US-version of the list for Pro-patches. Hopefully just a miss?

I would not be surprised if the Pro upgrade will come with the general November update. Probably don't want to pay twice for the bandwidth.

I know this has been said on numerous occasions. But man, this game really needs some more maps. I'm only rank 17 and already feel like there is a shortage of maps.

brawly

Friend of mine gets a battlepack every second game, I get jack shit. Feels bad.

Why can't you quit after a map? Pretty huge oversight imo.

Xater

You can quit you just have to be quick about it. If you wait for the packs to appear it's already too late and the prompt disappears.

Theorry

Operation defense is such a borefest and extra terrible with terrible teammates. Getting recked constant by behemoths when they already walking over on your team. I just stick with attack only matches now.

Vaga

You can for like 10secs, until right before the battlepacks gets distributed.

Pales in comparison to the rest of idiotic design decisions in this game. Gameplay wise it's amazing but the UI feels it was designed by autistic monkeys.

Operation defense is such a borefest and extra terrible with terrible teammates. Getting recked constant by behemoths when they already walking over on your team. I just stick with attack only matches now.

I'd love to see a mode like Homefront had where it's basically Conquest, meaning you can freely attack/defend rather than being forced to do one or the other, except the map also advances forward/backward depending on which team wins each "sector." Here's a video talking about it. To me that would be vastly superior to what we have now. Operations is just way too restrictive.

brawly

You can quit you just have to be quick about it. If you wait for the packs to appear it's already too late and the prompt disappears.

You're right. Weird.

You can for like 10secs, until right before the battlepacks gets distributed.

Pales in comparison to the rest of idiotic design decisions in this game. Gameplay wise it's amazing but the UI feels it was designed by autistic monkeys.

I don't understand why you can't change loadouts in the menu. It's insane.

I don't know how people can say Support sucks, that LMG you can use at level 1 with 30 bullets a clip is absolutely tank, much better range than Assault SMG and kills only slightly slower.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I don't know how people can say Support sucks, that LMG you can use at level 1 with 30 bullets a clip is absolutely tank, much better range than Assault SMG and kills only slightly slower.
Support is low key OP but I want to spread the narrative that it isn't so it gets buffed even more. You just have to be really good at aiming.

terrible

Banned

The BAR has an extra 60 RPM and less side to side recoil. 10 less bullets is a good trade-off I'd say.

Ozorov

I feel you man hah. Things are getting frustrating aren't they?My Pro is coming in couple of hours and honestly this is the only game I want to play now on it. Enhanced of course.

I'm starting to think the patch is already on the disc... Looks like most of PSVR-games that got an update already had the update on the disc. And they released 2 week-isch before BF1. So maybe the screen we've seen in other threads is the "Pro-support" we'll get from DICE.

kriskrosbbk

I'm starting to think the patch is already on the disc... Looks like most of PSVR-games that got an update already had the update on the disc. And they released 2 week-isch before BF1. So maybe the screen we've seen in other threads is the "Pro-support" we'll get from DICE.

Honestly I doubt.Those were quite similar tbh.It was just the upscaling the PRO is suppose to do I guess.It will be an anxious morning nevertheless.Whats your PSN?

Attackers who bail out of tanks in the first few phases of Operations are the worst (or the best if I'm defending)! Great, you saved yourself one death, prepare yourself for countless more now that the enemy has a freaking tank.

On the other side of the coin, I managed to steal a damaged artillery truck on the second or third phase on Monte Grappa. Repaired it to full health and then went to town. Thanks, sucker!

Ozorov

Honestly I doubt.Those were quite similar tbh.It was just the upscaling the PRO is suppose to do I guess.It will be an anxious morning nevertheless.Whats your PSN?
Hehe indeed. I will just keep my expectations low I guess. My PSN is DrOzorov, add me if you wanna.

terrible

Banned
The suppression variants are where it's at. You're not taking on a whole squad with 20 bullets.

The majority of encounters are against 1-2 enemies for me. The BAR is pretty significantly better at that than the MG15/Lewis Gun suppression variants which outweighs the negative of having to reload or switch to a pistol to take out larger groups with the BAR.

Personal preference and how a gun works within your individual playstyle means YMMV though. I used the underpowered Type 88 w/ hbar in BF4 a lot so I do get the appeal of 200 rounds but the lack of tap fire accuracy right now with the MG15/Lewis Gun has me on the BAR bandwagon.

Mahonay

Banned
On a round of Conquest on Sinai Desert I went 55 and 4. Took about 9 dog tags. We won the round and I got a Battlepack. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Lender

And this is why I'm 12th in the world ranking when it comes to club kills

giphy.gif

6.gif

Mahonay

Banned
Melee kills are some damn satisfying in this game. Already have 159 dog tags.
How is the campaign? How long is it? Better or worse than other BF campaigns? Any co-op?
Best campaign since Bad Company 2. But it's very short and sort of feels like an extremely well made tutorial. No co-op.

How is the campaign? How long is it? Better or worse than other BF campaigns? Any co-op?

The worst to be honest. No hyperbole.
Enemy a.i and behavior is a complete joke and makes the shootouts very boring. Many bad stealth sections. Even has parts with infinite spawning enemies. The first of five stories is OK / interesting, but it gets worse and stupid.

I even "enjoyed" the Battlefield 4 campaign more, which was not even good.

Jharp

I could fill a goddamn zeppelin with the amount of headshots I get that don't kill the target. Makes medals especially annoying.

Theorry

Think it was pretty crap. Not really a campaign also. Just some seperate war stories.
It had some epic moments. But that was it. Short also. And dont get me started on those stealth missions. I would have mind it less if it was good stealth. But it was very very bad.

Top Bottom