• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I could fill a goddamn zeppelin with the amount of headshots I get that don't kill the target. Makes medals especially annoying.

It is infuriating to get 2 head shots in and having the dude still run around. I specifically changed the color of the head shot indicator cause needed to know if my aim was just off. It is insane.

WillyFive

The medal system is a disaster.

How is the campaign? How long is it? Better or worse than other BF campaigns? Any co-op?

At face value, it's the best; they tried to make something really special at every turn.

However, the simplistic writing and repetitive and scripted gameplay make it not that great. It's still the best one overall though.

No co-op.

My campaign rankings:

1. BF1
2. BF3
3. BF4
4. BFH

I think the guys from Hardline made the campaign for BF1, mechanically it plays identically, all the way to the same stealth sections and mechanics from BFH and items and guns found in the same locations on maps.

The Arty Truck with the AA loadout is so much fun on Sinai; driving around, blasting away troops and planes before getting the hell out of there when tanks show up, hiding in the dunes, and then repeating it all over again!

Marc

Is it just me or is everyone a sniper now?

I had 5-6 guys sitting on a hill as snipers leaving me and a couple of others to try and take a point on our own. On an Operation... like wtf, how do they think we're going to take the point? They weren't even good at sniping as I was marking a bunch and they couldn't hit them for shit. I started standing in front of them until they got the picture a bit but nope more interested in K/D (?!).

I think team deathmatch is my favourite mode to play, less reliant on competent teammates and less 'messy' gameplay although the spawns can be weird.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I need to play this game with some people in my squad, my only buddy has to wait until his PC is able to play which might take a month. Urgh, it's killing me.

There a way to prevent teammates from reviving me? Tired of getting revived into a knife lel. (holding x too slow)

If it helps, it doesn't count as an additional death.

Xater

I need to play this game with some people in my squad, my only buddy has to wait until his PC is able to play which might take a month. Urgh, it's killing me.

If it helps, it doesn't count as an additional death.

And you also immediately get the skip prompt. It's not a big deal.

I had 5-6 guys sitting on a hill as snipers leaving me and a couple of others to try and take a point on our own. On an Operation... like wtf, how do they think we're going to take the point? They weren't even good at sniping as I was marking a bunch and they couldn't hit them for shit. I started standing in front of them until they got the picture a bit but nope more interested in K/D (?!).

I think team deathmatch is my favourite mode to play, less reliant on competent teammates and less 'messy' gameplay although the spawns can be weird.

There are a ton of snipers. I play Scout a lot, but the majority of the time I play it, I use a sniper rifle with iron sights, and try to play a closer supportive role, as well as going for the objectives too.

Xater

There are a ton of snipers. I play Scout a lot, but the majority of the time I play it, I use a sniper rifle with iron sights, and try to play a closer supportive role, as well as going for the objectives too.

Generally snipers are not an issue. They can be helpful, but they start being a burden when a third or more of the team plays one.

Managed one game with gaffer's tonight. Great fun, I'm still getting to grips with it and my reactions aren't what they used to be, but it made a real difference to my performance and enjoyment.

(I was kolmes, thanks for the many revives. Someone was working longer hours than a junior doctor!)

Generally snipers are not an issue. They can be helpful, but they start being a burden when a third or more of the team plays one.
I think the amount of them matters for sure, but also, the majority of snipers I see stay wayyy far away from objectives, and barely end up contributing to their team, which I believe is more of a problem, personally.

Jezbollah

I think the amount of them matters for sure, but also, the majority of snipers I see stay wayyy far away from objectives, and barely end up contributing to their team, which I believe is more of a problem, personally.

Snipers are not the biggest problem roles in this game. Supports who do not drop ammo crates, and Medics who do not drop their crates or revive are terrible.

Xater

I usually only see the ones miles away from objectives. It's sad.

Marc

Yeah, I'm cool with a sniper who wants to trail me (Medic) or an Assault with the idea they perch up near the flag and snipe incoming troops. Otherwise its not too helpful to be up in the middle of nowhere with 5 other snipers fighting over the odd soldier silly enough to run into open terrain.

I play as a medic but if a tank comes along and no one is an assault... someone has to change. Seems like common sense that if you see 5 other snipers around you, time to switch things up (at least for flag based games).

Snipers are not the biggest problem roles in this game. Supports who do not drop ammo crates, and Medics who do not drop their crates or revive are terrible.
There are a lot of factors in play, so it's hard to say. Those medics you describe are unfortunately not uncommon, and there are also supports who don't drop ammo, but even more, because the support weapons are hot garbage, most people don't seem to want to play the class. I can't blame them. Support would usually be my primary class, but with the way the designed the primary weapons to function in that class, and the removal of tripwire bombs from it, I don't have much desire to play Support.

Even still, I'd probably take aggressive players who take objectives with those two classes over a dude sitting 200 meters away from the objective, and ends a Conquest match with like 10 kills or something, though medics not healing/reviving, and supports not dropping ammo can be annoying.

Shame I could only stay on tonight for one with UK PS4 GAF, but had a great match.

Squidge went ham! Wrecking it.

Got this cool clip. Shame I had the settings off for capturing party audio because Fatty's reaction was great.

https://youtu.be/7MvX-tBIGw0

Cheers bruv. We full on spanked it. I thought I was doing shit but topped the game. That's 20 wins 4 losses now.

Finally another win on kaiser attacking too. Your laugh too on that video. Hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo yes!

Managed one game with gaffer's tonight. Great fun, I'm still getting to grips with it and my reactions aren't what they used to be, but it made a real difference to my performance and enjoyment.

(I was kolmes, thanks for the many revives. Someone was working longer hours than a junior doctor!)

yeah was good man! Always nice to see new people. Also you got to see our absolute destruction of opponents haha

It was really hard to aim down iron sights and turn the typical wrench on the tank healing game after finishing Titanfall 2's amazing campaign.

Yeah, I'm cool with a sniper who wants to trail me (Medic) or an Assault with the idea they perch up near the flag and snipe incoming troops. Otherwise its not too helpful to be up in the middle of nowhere with 5 other snipers fighting over the odd soldier silly enough to run into open terrain.

I play as a medic but if a tank comes along and no one is an assault... someone has to change. Seems like common sense that if you see 5 other snipers around you, time to switch things up (at least for flag based games).
Yup, that's often how I play Scout.

I usually only see the ones miles away from objectives. It's sad.
Indeed. And it makes certain maps like Sinai Desert, with some big open spaces annoying to play on, with sniper rifles being so powerful in this game.

dab0ne

I could fill a goddamn zeppelin with the amount of headshots I get that don't kill the target. Makes medals especially annoying.

Dude! I don't know how many times I've hit people and could only see their heads peeking out of a trench or window. Its absolutely maddening.

Hawkie

Yeah, nice one dude. Good fun :)

spidye

Why is it so hard to throw med crates? The floor has to be perfectly even otherwise you can't throw them there. Even if it's a little debris laying around.

meppi

On a round of Conquest on Sinai Desert I went 55 and 4. Took about 9 dog tags. We won the round and I got a Battlepack. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta

Didn't save that one, but I did save the forest comeback.

Starting with our team only having C, not even D. Quickly captured D then went on to flank around for A since they were all held up at C and could't capture it.
A little later this raw video starts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DikN6gRoJ-k
Quite the comeback indeed. :)
I end up getting most deaths by random grenade spam. :-/

This is all played as a scout btw and not the campy type as always. ;)

Some other fun moments:
Cleaning out the mill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUcku_svbU

Charging through the fire! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS1oxZIzhTQ
The second guy saw me coming and didn't want any of it. lol

BBQ time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ42Q1pItB4

And the scariest thing I've seen in BF1 so far! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW4V-2gdBmE

Not all wookies I hope! ;)

Pretty crazy how at least on XB1 it's still the most played game, even with Call of Duty's recent launch. Excited for the changes and new map coming in dec.

I held out playing this game until I got the Pro. Great that this game is getting such positive reviews by the players. Tell me though, weeks later how are the maps holding up? More than a couple of stand out ones?

kriskrosbbk

Anyone playing on the PS4 Pro?
Could be placebo, but i think the game looks cleaner now and also runs smoother with 64 players.
Also the low resolution bug is completely gone.
Seems like it stays on 1080p all the time, instead of dynamic resolution.

Edit: other user in other thread has similar experiences.
http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=223887501

Man ,CQ was almost unplayable on OG PS4.It should be really easy to realize is it better or not on Pro.Expecting mine in few hrs.

Theorry

Golden No.3 Revolver in the new battlepacks.

mvd1LkC.jpg

As long as it's up by 22:00 tonight I'll be happy

and I won't be late again tonight guys.... What a muppet

Made up for it by topping the board though eh? haha

If the patch is live that explains why I felt like the model 10 was different all night last night...

If the patch is live and tested on ps4 pro that would suggest it's not a that big difference? I hope that's not the case. Im picking up my pro today and was hoping to be blown away (not in the usual bf1 blown to bits sense)

The sniper festival is a massive disaster and sometimes makes me rage quit the game.

Hawkie

If the patch is live and tested on ps4 pro that would suggest it's not a that big difference? I hope that's not the case. Im picking up my pro today and was hoping to be blown away (not in the usual bf1 blown to bits sense)

Just ordered a pro and should have it delivered this afternoon. Am very interested to see the difference also, if any.

Nothing better than flanking snipers with the model 10

Sometimes, yeah, could be a good sport. But leaving the game behind, running around for miles just to get to where those useless snipers are in the hopes of sneaking behind them gets very tiresome sometimes.

I don't know how to solve this, but I think something should be done. I've lost a ton of matches because a the majority of my team were busy sniping.

Sometimes, yeah, could be a good sport. But leaving the game behind, running around for miles just to get to where those useless snipers are in the hopes of sneaking behind them gets very tiresome sometimes.

I don't know how to solve this, but I think something should be done. I've lost a ton of matches because a the majority of my team were busy sniping.

Now that I can't comment on.

UKps4Gaf has one or two snipers but they are brilliant!

The rest of us co-ordinate attacks so well we normally destroy opponents. For that reason I can totally see that a team of random peasants would be so frustrating.

Top Bottom