• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Here's some gameplay of 64 players conquest running on the PS4 Pro, it's definitely better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B48eDHxICUU

It's noticeably better but it's not £400 worth of better

I mean I'll get one but.....

nsr.gif

Why? haha

Xater

It's noticeably better but it's not £400 worth of better

I mean I'll get one but.....

nsr.gif

Why? haha

It does not look like they do anything to the details of the game. Just smooth it out and probably less or no resolution scaling. I mean that's alright and an improvement, but I am in the same boat as you thinking it might not be good enough right now.

belvedere

Junior Butler
It does not look like they do anything to the details of the game. Just smooth it out and probably less or no resolution scaling. I mean that's alright and an improvement, but I am in the same boat as you thinking it might not be good enough right now.

I've only spent a few minutes with it but as of now it's totally worth it. The jarring sub 30fps dips are gone and that makes a huge impact on the game.

In general the entire experience is much, much smoother. Movement, looking around, the pans back to the map after spawning. Even the menus are smoother.

Ozorov

As said in the BF1 Pro-thread: looks like they just run the base game with Pro specs unlocked. I hope they have a proper Pro-patch planned or at least so we get some information from dice

Xater

I've only spent a few minutes with it but as of now it's totally worth it. The jarring sub 30fps dips are gone and that makes a huge impact on the game.

In general the entire experience is much, much smoother. Movement, looking around, the pans back to the map after spawning. Even the menus are smoother.

It's just hard to justify for a single game. Especially when I would have to rebuy the game, because right now I own it on Xbone. Dishonored 2 not running like crap might be another good upgrade reason, but we will see. I'll keep the option open. Watch how all the games released are handled on the pro first. I hope Digital Foundry will be fast with putting up frame rate comparisons and stuff.

Are any of you guys with the pro coming on UKps4Gaf's games tonight?
Be interesting to hear in person about the differences

I know Nitro2buggy gets his on Monday.

My wife said I have a choice between a 55" 4k TV or a PS4 pro.....

That decision making....

What is the appeal of Operations? I've played it a couple of times as a defender and we lose with ease.

Most of the other modes are clusterfucks, spawn kills and 'enemy spawning behind me lol'. At least with operations you get a clear objective.

Yes it's hard with random peasants but with friends or a full squad it's legit the best FPS experience out there IMO. You need to play with us to appreciate it fully mate. We've yet to lose a defensive game. Hell we barely lose a sector.

20-4 our W/L now

Theorry

That decision making....

Well when you have a 4K TV you need a Pro to get full use out of it,
So thats not gonna work haha. I would buy a Pro.

Raiden

Banned

Yes. The only downside is that i load the map before anybody else and im just waiting there for other people to load.

Hehehehe

Alpende

Ehm, defending is the easy part.

The times I played it's not. I might have to give it more games

Most of the other modes are clusterfucks, spawn kills and 'enemy spawning behind me lol'. At least with operations you get a clear objective.

Yes it's hard with random peasants but with friends or a full squad it's legit the best FPS experience out there IMO. You need to play with us to appreciate it fully mate. We've yet to lose a defensive game. Hell we barely lose a sector.

20-4 our W/L now

Yeah, I'll try that.

Theorry

I dont play defense anymore. Always try to switch right away or load up a new one until i get attacking. I just get bored with defense.

I dont play defense anymore. Always try to switch right away or load up a new one until i get attacking. I just get bored with defense.

Luckily UKps4Gaf hasn't got bored of it yet. We try to beat our own record.

So far we've held the opponents on the first sector of Oil of Empires, Kaiserslacht and Conquer Hell.

Just Iron Walls church to go..... We've held for a sector and a half before.

Bet that was a surprise! Lol

lol xbox

Also, 40 player Operations is miles better than the mess that is the 64 players variant.

This is 100% true

Orcus

The Clubs feature is finally coming to everyone on Xbox One today. There is one for battlefieldGAF right? That will hopefully make it easier to squad up with like minded people.
Nice, I'm super psyched for this. I would love to play with multiple squads all on the same server more often. DICE needs to fix some of the issues with the in game party join. It can be difficult when you have multiple squads and people switching to accommodate more people joining.

Hawkie

That decision making....

Am downloading BF1 on my pro currently. Will let you know, although I'm not sure what to expect exactly at this point.

Battlefield 1 already has a Pro patch? I thought we were still waiting on the game's first big patch to hit? In any case, I'd love to have a detailed list of Pro improvements from DICE themselves before dropping money on one.

Tubie

I really wish we had a technical comparison to see what exactly the difference is.

All the impressions here have me almost ready to pull the trigger and go out and buy a Pro later today.

Kal

Is anyone else experiencing glitchy gameplay? Just turned on my PS4 (from rest mode), joined a conquest game and I swear my assault character is occasionally freezing while sprinting. I've restarted my PS4 and I still have the same issue. Feels quite jarring :(

Redders

I'll be on with mine tonight, just transferring the data between the 2 currently, so I shall let you know.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
The majority of encounters are against 1-2 enemies for me. The BAR is pretty significantly better at that than the MG15/Lewis Gun suppression variants which outweighs the negative of having to reload or switch to a pistol to take out larger groups with the BAR.

Personal preference and how a gun works within your individual playstyle means YMMV though. I used the underpowered Type 88 w/ hbar in BF4 a lot so I do get the appeal of 200 rounds but the lack of tap fire accuracy right now with the MG15/Lewis Gun has me on the BAR bandwagon.
The MG15 suppression is like a laser with the bipod. I've been greasing entire squads with the thing and topping the leaderboards. I'm afraid it's going to get nerfed.

Also, 40 player Operations is miles better than the mess that is the 64 players variant.

Yeah but the trench sections are so good with 64 players, it's so fun when it's that chaotic. Kind of falls apart once you pass them, though. Too many snipers.

terrible

Banned
The MG15 suppression is like a laser with the bipod. I've been greasing entire squads with the thing and topping the leaderboards. I'm afraid it's going to get nerfed.

With a bipod out the LMGs turn people into mush for sure. It's pretty situational though, I can't imagine they would nerf that. They were more or less the same in BF3 and BF4 with a bipod it's just in those games the whole process of getting the bipod out was way less intuitive. Now that it automatically deploys it's actually worth using.

Marc

Nothing better than flanking snipers with the model 10

I love outsniping the snipers with my mondragon storm, especially on team deathmatch but for operations where you need to 'take' things... yeah you don't need that many.

Can I add my PSN to the GAF group, ErebusMC, a medic who will give you the healing touch you need. Mmmm. Would be nice to play with teammates who don't run in circles. :)

atpbx

Yeah but the trench sections are so good with 64 players, it's so fun when it's that chaotic. Kind of falls apart once you pass them, though. Too many snipers.

That the beauty of it though, providing the snipers are not on your side you will crush the opposition fairly quickly.

Its got some of the best Sniping mechanics of any recent Battlefield, but the maps and game mode itself are effectively balanced against a team that's too heavy with snipers.

atpbx

What is the appeal of Operations? I've played it a couple of times as a defender and we lose with ease.

Lol.

It's practically impossible to EVER lose as defenders.

Did your team have their controllers plugged in?

I've played in two matches where we've beaten the defenders and that was because the defending team seemed to be particularly adverse to shooting back.

Lender

Lol.

It's practically impossible to EVER lose as defenders.

Did your team have their controllers plugged in?

I've played in two matches where we've beaten the defenders and that was because the defending team seemed to be particularly adverse to shooting back.

I've been a defender like 3 times. Each time my team sucked balls and got massively overrun. It's not fun then as a defender. I find i a lot more fun to play as an attacker.

Firebrand

Happiness is bombing and destroying a tank carrying 6 people. So much text rolling by, so many sound effects.

Been really enjoying the game (sorry, Civ 6!), but I'm starting to feel some fatigue. Need more maps. Might actually buy those DLC expansions eventually.

Top Bottom