• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Is it possible to join games of Operations that are already in progress, or can you only join on the initial lobby?

I've had friends playing in Operations matches that weren't full, but been completely unable to join using any method (PS4).

What is the point of battle packs? I got a weapon I can't use. Like I didn't hit the level?

Also how do I quit at the end of round???

The battle packs are just skins for the weapons. You have to unlock /buy the individual weapons.

You can quit by pressing the options button (ps4) but you can only do this for a few seconds after a round.

terrible

Banned
Is it possible to join games of Operations that are already in progress, or can you only join on the initial lobby?

I've had friends playing in Operations matches that weren't full, but been completely unable to join using any method (PS4).
I've joined a game in progress a few times now. I always have to cancel my first join attempt because it sticks on "reserving slot" but it puts me in the game or a queue on my 2nd try.

I've joined a game in progress a few times now. I always have to cancel my first join attempt because it sticks on "reserving slot" but it puts me in the game or a queue on my 2nd try.
Is this when joining on friends? Sorry, I should've specified that I meant I wanted to join a game in progress that my friends are playing in.

I decided to finally just double down on Scout and go for rank 10. I can see why a lot of people play the class now; it’s really easy to do well with it. They are by far the easiest snipers to use in a BF game yet. I contribute this to the sweet spot and also having powerful sidearms. I’m not saying its op or needs a nerf. It’s just easy and I can see why a lot of people choose the class. I just want to get level 10 so I finish all my classes. I’ll probably play around with the Martini Henry for a bit then I won’t touch the class again.

Hjod

Banned
I decided to finally just double down on Scout and go for rank 10. I can see why a lot of people play the class now; it’s really easy to do well with it. They are by far the easiest snipers to use in a BF game yet. I contribute this to the sweet spot and also having powerful sidearms. I’m not saying its op or needs a nerf. It’s just easy and I can see why a lot of people choose the class. I just want to get level 10 so I finish all my classes. I’ll probably play around with the Martini Henry for a bit then I won’t touch the class again.

I just wish people didn't sit camping somewhere far away when playing Operations, you need bodies on the flags to cap them, I've had situations where we were at the last flag and the enemy had like two more bodies on the flag for us to cap it (last flag on Ballroom Blitz) and all the Scouts were sitting up by the wall, it has happened the same way when I'm defending. People need to push the objective.

terrible

Banned
Is this when joining on friends? Sorry, I should've specified that I meant I wanted to join a game in progress that my friends are playing in.

Yep, I'm talking about joining on a friend. I've done it a few times now to get into the GAF Operations games.

It is quite glitchy though, as I mentioned I always have to try twice before it'll work. I don't join via the in-game join a friend option, I do it through their PSN profile. That might be important, I'm just used to doing it that way with other games.

Ozorov

Anyone else getting crushed blacks on PS4 Pro? Can't see a thing in the darkness.
Sounds like you need to change some settings in the options-thing from the Playstation start screen. Had the same problem with my OG PS4 before changing. I think it had to do something with RGB-colors

Sounds like you need to change some settings in the options-thing from the Playstation start screen. Had the same problem with my OG PS4 before changing. I think it had to do something with RGB-colors

I set it to limited and hopefully it'll fix it, thanks!

Edit: Full works better:)

Cob32

I just wish people didn't sit camping somewhere far away when playing Operations, you need bodies on the flags to cap them, I've had situations where we were at the last flag and the enemy had like two more bodies on the flag for us to cap it (last flag on Ballroom Blitz) and all the Scouts were sitting up by the wall, it has happened the same way when I'm defending. People need to push the objective.

Yep I always check now how many snipers we have on the squad screen at the start and quit if there's too many.

Is there any way to report player emblems? Too many jackasses with swastikas playing right now.

I'd like to know this aswell.

Sometimes, yeah, could be a good sport. But leaving the game behind, running around for miles just to get to where those useless snipers are in the hopes of sneaking behind them gets very tiresome sometimes.

I don't know how to solve this, but I think something should be done. I've lost a ton of matches because a the majority of my team were busy sniping.

My greatest joy is to get on a horse, get on the outer side of those snipers and just ride through the line of them.

They should just get rid of that shit entirely. If there's one thing I hate about the game, it's these fucking childish emblems.

I don't mind them. Last night I was killed by a heavy tank and as it rolled past my corpse I was being mooned by Eric Cartman. Kind of took the sting out of the death. I don't have the time or patience to make one myself though.

I don't mind them. Last night I was killed by a heavy tank and as it rolled past my corpse I was being mooned by Eric Cartman. Kind of took the sting out of the death. I don't have the time or patience to make one myself though.

Yeah nothing like chucking dynamite at a mooning Cartman.

It was a really good emblem though right?

No Love

Banned
That's unfortunate. I hope this isn't a trend that extends to other games. I understand the running better and higher resolutions but it shouldn't mean the floor is lower on performance than it would be if Pro didn't exist.

Don't get me wrong: BF1 on PS4 is incredible and they did the best they could with that hardware. The Pro is almost 3x as powerful so of course it's going to have a big edge.

Redders said something last night....

"The ps4 pro is so quiet"

My current ps4 is like a turbo jet engine so I am really tempted to buy a pro for literally this reason. I also kinda wanna see teeth flying after I blast a model 10 in someone's mush

You just don't get that with the OG ps4

My current ps4 is like a turbo jet engine so I am really tempted to buy a pro for literally this reason. I also kinda wanna see teeth flying after I blast a model 10 in someone's mush

I'll second that. Much more quiet than my OG.

Xater

It's weird that Digital Foundry said their's is just as loud as the OG. So far all the impressions from people have been that it's quieter.

My old PS4 the heat gel has gone and I just can't be arsed to take it apart, forget how it goes back together and then have it fucked.

A big part of me wants to go tesco tonight and blow my wad on one....

Firebrand

Xyber

I have seen plenty of mooning Cartman's, people need to start making them themselves so there's at least some variety.

I made this one for BF4, spent a solid 45 minutes with it so I'm still sticking with it even if I see a bunch of other Cartman's!

EJChQS8.png

Good games last night with the second PS4 party. We got our arses handed to us once in a comical bloodbath, then played cat and mouse with an airship for what felt like an eternity. It goes to B, we go to A, and vice versa.

I have seen plenty of mooning Cartman's, people need to start making them themselves so there's at least some variety.

I made this one for BF4, spent a solid 45 minutes with it so I'm still sticking with it even if I see a bunch of other Cartman's!

I made a very basic Neogaf one.

Someone on here said they made a good gaf one, which is cool. Can you post direct links so I can make it mine? for example.....

Good games last night with the second PS4 party. We got our arses handed to us once in a comical bloodbath, then played cat and mouse with an airship for what felt like an eternity. It goes to B, we go to A, and vice versa.

The very fact we can make two ps4 parties is a fantastic achievement for UKps4gaf....

I do smell a team 1 vs team 2 game at some point....

Redders

Yeah normally with my launch PS4 it is audible through my headphones but with Pro there is nothing and its still quiet without headphones, real test will come in summer though when my room gets pretty warm.

It's weird that Digital Foundry said their's is just as loud as the OG. So far all the impressions from people have been that it's quieter.

My Pro is super quiet until I actually start a game running off disc. It's still wayyyyy quiter than my OG but definitely louder than my XBO-S.

ironmang

Don't get me wrong: BF1 on PS4 is incredible and they did the best they could with that hardware. The Pro is almost 3x as powerful so of course it's going to have a big edge.

The problem is the PS4 version is just below launch title unpolished. Multiple times the menu lagged so bad I couldn't leave a lobby after a match and had to wait for the longass load before I could leave. I think the menu should be snappy, load times reasonable, among other things THEN they improve upon it for Pro.

Just not happy that my 3 year old console is outdated. Having to pay a ~$250-300 upgrade tax or whatever every few years just so the games can run without issue is disappointing and I'd rather the way they did it last gen. Thought games would run like they normally do and Pro would just be bonuses like even better frame rate, higher resolution, etc. Plus apparently I even need to download Pro patches which just clogs up my PS4 lol.

Yeah normally with my launch PS4 it is audible through my headphones but with Pro there is nothing and its still quiet without headphones, real test will come in summer though when my room gets pretty warm.

Yeah you've convinced me bae.

Reckon I'll buy one tonight. UKps4gaf is gonna miss you tonight haha

Do it!

Wait what, you trying to get rid of me! I'm still coming on this evening.

Hooray. It must have been Fatty who said he wasn't on. You both sound very similar on mic.

Yeaaaaah boiiii

Although next Game is Kaiserslacht. I kinda hope Thriller comes on because his random rambling is comedy gold.

Reckon we can make it 23-4 tonight on Kaiser? Fingers crossed defending.

Redders

Hooray. It must have been Fatty who said he wasn't on. You both sound very similar on mic.

Yeaaaaah boiiii

Although next Game is Kaiserslacht. I kinda hope Thriller comes on because his random rambling is comedy gold.

Reckon we can make it 23-4 tonight on Kaiser? Fingers crossed defending.

Ah yes quite likely, we do live in the same town so possibly why.

Defending we will, attacking depends how on form everyone is and if we get placed against a competent team. Looking forward to it.

Donos

Is it just my thick thump that is sometimes triggering the gasmask instead of the syringe as medic? Or is my DS4 dpad fucked...

Top Bottom