• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

ironmang

Sure is fun playing when I see my squad are the only ones going for objectives. Bunch of blue dots sitting 200m away from everything trying to get a 5/1 kd. This game has pretty much worst camping of any game I've ever played.

Has anyone else been using the BAR for Support? I liked the Lewis and MG15 even despite people complaining about them, but holy SHIT the BAR is nasty. Its ROF and accuracy are ridiculous. It's like using a damn assault rifle! The only downside is its small 20-bullet magazine, but if you can avoid scenarios in which you're tackling more than 2 people at a time that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It just blows me away how much better the BAR is than all the other LMGs. I don't think I can ever go back to them now.

Trojan

This "Newtonian Order of Military Merit" medal is ridiculously slow to get if you just casually use tanks or planes, holy shit. I'm a sucker for putting up with it for this long, but now I have 2 of 3 tasks done so I just have to finish it out of principal.

Is there a way to cheese the last task? I want to just wrap this up and not be a garbage team player because I'm hauling ass after a tank with dynamite.

Requirements:
-Do 75 vehicle damage
-Disable 10 vehicles
-Destroy 10 vehicles

terrible

Banned
Was just coming to post exactly this. Don't know if we just played together?

Once someone in the airship decides to kill you, nothin' you can do really.

Yep I'm isjustgame. Must've died 50 times to the airship, luckily medics revived me a ton or I'd never play defense again. There's legitimately nothing fun about getting blown to shit every 30 seconds.

I hope they fix the joining on friends option too. I'm trying to get back into your game with a friend and it just errors out rather than putting us in a queue.

Has anyone else been using the BAR for Support? I liked the Lewis and MG15 even despite people complaining about them, but holy SHIT the BAR is nasty. Its ROF and accuracy are ridiculous. It's like using a damn assault rifle! The only downside is its small 20-bullet magazine, but if you can avoid scenarios in which you're tackling more than 2 people at a time that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

It just blows me away how much better the BAR is than all the other LMGs. I don't think I can ever go back to them now.

Yeah the BAR is a beauty. The Madsen is sort of ok too but the mag kind of causes a blind spot so I am not a fan.

Another good game and victory with gaffer's tonight. Cheers and apologies for being mute, I'm in a flat and the family were in their beds!

I was playing on the Pro. Not noticing much graphical difference but the game does look great on my 4k. However my son played earlier on and I was watching. It was only when he finished I realised he was on a 64 player game. It didn't miss a beat.

Kolmes

Theorry

BF1 teammates in een nutshell..

APxY2w6.gif

etta

my hard graphic balls
How common is the DirectX error/crash to desktop?
It's so fucking random, sometimes it happens within 30 seconds of joining a match, sometimes after 20-30 min. Yesterday it didn't happen at all.

It's so fucking random, sometimes it happens within 30 seconds of joining a match, sometimes after 20-30 min. Yesterday it didn't happen at all.

It's not really common for me. I have +70 hours and only had one ctd.

test_account

XP-39C²
No that's not what I mean. What I mean is that for an assault - destroying vehicles yields loads.

250 per weapon disabled, 250 per tracks disabled, 250 for vehicle disabled, 1000 for vehicle destroyed plus all the kills aswell inside the tank....

You get experience anyway, it's not like it stops, I just mean that's the quickest way to climb up.
I see. Thanks for the tip, but i'm wondering if theres a bug with my character. The needle hasnt moved at all eventhough i've played a fair share as assault after reaching level 9.

Reached level 10 for assault ages ago. I don't think it takes long at all. Been loving the Hellriegel, the 60-bullet drum mag and high rof is sex.
Wonder if theres a bug with my character then :\ That or i havnt played as much as i think, but i'm pretty sure that i've played a good amount so that progress bar should have moved at least 1%.

This "Newtonian Order of Military Merit" medal is ridiculously slow to get if you just casually use tanks or planes, holy shit. I'm a sucker for putting up with it for this long, but now I have 2 of 3 tasks done so I just have to finish it out of principal.

Is there a way to cheese the last task? I want to just wrap this up and not be a garbage team player because I'm hauling ass after a tank with dynamite.

Requirements:
-Do 75 vehicle damage
-Disable 10 vehicles
-Destroy 10 vehicles

hahahhaa this is a medal? Wow. Watch me get this four times a night guys for real.

Ukps4gaf smashed it again. Undefeated in 10 straight games.

currently 22-4

Someone should erect a statue for Redders and his revives.

I'll erect something for him.....

What is this GAF PS4 Club I see people talking about and how do I join?

I'd really like to find people to play with that actually want to work together and use chat.

Unfortunately I'm still not very good at the game - I will usually be around 10-15th on a 32-man squad with a K/D that's something like 12/18. But I always play the objective!

PSN ID: Vertigeaux

Orcus

Words cannot express how much I hate the airship and how garbage of an addition to the series it is.
It needs a Nerf bad. I actually like the idea of it, and it looks fucking awesome, especially when it crashes. My personal wish list if to weaken the gondolas' so they are super easy to take out, put a permanent spawn point on all behemoths, and maybe buff the health just a little.

If you made the guns easier to counter it would make it much more tolerable. It's actually not too bad right now, but if the AA guns are down or not accessible, it can be horrid. If I'm on attack I'll make an effort to destroy the AA guns so out blimp owns the next map.

I'd really like to find people to play with that actually want to work together and use chat.

Unfortunately I'm still not very good at the game - I will usually be around 10-15th on a 32-man squad with a K/D that's something like 12/18. But I always play the objective!

I will add you to it in a hour or so. or you can search for it "neogaf battlefield 1 community"

Add Luvs_2_Squidge on ps4 mate. I make a party every night and we always have a full squad. 22:00 we start every night. Tonight in fact we had two parties running....

Hawkie

Another good game and victory with gaffer's tonight. Cheers and apologies for being mute, I'm in a flat and the family were in their beds!

I was playing on the Pro. Not noticing much graphical difference but the game does look great on my 4k. However my son played earlier on and I was watching. It was only when he finished I realised he was on a 64 player game. It didn't miss a beat.

Kolmes

No worries, good games this evening and yeah the game looks really great on the pro.

Add Luvs_2_Squidge on ps4 mate. I make a party every night and we always have a full squad. 22:00 we start every night. Tonight in fact we had two parties running....

Request sent. Thanks! I assume you meant 22:00 across the pond though - I'm on east coast US time.

I will add you to it in a hour or so. or you can search for it "neogaf battlefield 1 community"
Thanks! I'll look for it.

Why is my character running around with a pair of crutches on his back?

Because you're a medic. Each class has something unique to identify them; the medic's crutches are the most prominent. Slightly anachronistic given you have a magic syringe that revives and completely heals the dead, but whatever.

terrible

Banned
It needs a Nerf bad. I actually like the idea of it, and it looks fucking awesome, especially when it crashes. My personal wish list if to weaken the gondolas' so they are super easy to take out, put a permanent spawn point on all behemoths, and maybe buff the health just a little.

If you made the guns easier to counter it would make it much more tolerable. It's actually not too bad right now, but if the AA guns are down or not accessible, it can be horrid. If I'm on attack I'll make an effort to destroy the AA guns so out blimp owns the next map.

A slightly smart team will take out the AA nearly instantly and then it's just a nightmare. You can try AT Rockets but you'll get nuked pretty quick if they are smart. It's like the AC 130 in BF3 but on steroids. It needs to get the same nerf treatment that did.

Orcus

A slightly smart team will take out the AA nearly instantly and then it's just a nightmare. You can try AT Rockets but you'll get nuked pretty quick if they are smart. It's like the AC 130 in BF3 but on steroids. It needs to get the same nerf treatment that did.
Exactly, but imagine if the zepplin gondola or individual seats were much easier to take out with the AT rocket, tank shell or AA. It would be much more manageable.

Xyber

Do you have a 680 or 770? It's a common bug on those cards for some reason.

Had a game today on Operations where we were defending on St Quentin. Their airship pilot knew what he was doing so he took out all AA guns as soon as possible up until the last point where we took it down and then successfully defended. So on their last try we didn't have any AA guns available and had to rely on other stuff. I grabbed the tankgewehr and unloaded all my shots on it which did a nice chunk of damage. But then came the problem, we had literally 0 supports on the team so I couldn't get any new ammo. I asked a few times in chat for someone to change and resupply me so we could take down the airship, no one did anything for about 2 minutes.

Then I finally see that a guy in my squad changed and I ran to him. I asked for ammo, nothing. I spammed the command, nothing. I hit him constantly, nothing. I sat right in his sight when he was shooting people, nothing. This went on for about 2-3 minutes until he died and I had to give up and just steal his kit so I could do anything at all. =/

Dice please add back the function from Hardline to grab ammo from people, this is fucking ridiculous.

The Auto Revolver is kinda overpowered... I love it haha. Kills anyone in two hits.
I love the Revolvers in Battlefield games in general. Only bought the Gasser so far (buying primaries and crappy Tank Versions takes way too many Bonds atm) and that Thing wrecks.Sure, needs careful aiming if you want to use it at Range with ADS (though the good damage dropoff Range helps with that), but using it for Close Range hipfire chestshot Spam is Great, one Hit finishes off pretty much anyone and that isn't full health and that's easy to do. It's basically the REX reloaded, I love it ^^.

Why is my character running around with a pair of crutches on his back?
Obviously because you are a Player that needs them crutches, hurr durr ;-).

ironmang

Does this run a lot better on Pro? Because the slow menu and long loading times feel like BF1 clearly wasn't designed to be played on a regular PS4.

No Love

Banned
Does this run a lot better on Pro? Because the slow menu and long loading times feel like BF1 clearly wasn't designed to be played on a regular PS4.

Yes. Much much better in every single aspect, including the menu. You know how it hitches when you die and then it zooms out to the respawn screen? Completely eliminated. Resolution is much higher and performance is rock solid.

BF1 was meant to be played on Pro, period.
Feels like playing on a good PC.

jeffc919

Has anything changed server side (PS4) in the past few days regarding loading times at the start of a Conquest match? I haven't played the last couple days but before that I played almost every day since launch. In Conquest I would always be one of the first players to load into a match. I would see the long countdown, then soon after that enough players (15) would be loaded that it would switch to the short countdown from 5 seconds. Because of my quick loading I would always be able to start with a tank. It was kind of cheap and I have no idea why I was always one of the first ones in and I was kind of hoping they would do something to stagger start times eventually. But the reason I ask is because today I started playing on my new PS4 Pro and now I seem to always be loading slow and I wasn't able to get a single tank to start a match all evening.

ironmang

Yes. Much much better in every single aspect, including the menu. You know how it hitches when you die and then it zooms out to the respawn screen? Completely eliminated. Resolution is much higher and performance is rock solid.

BF1 was meant to be played on Pro, period.
Feels like playing on a good PC.

That's unfortunate. I hope this isn't a trend that extends to other games. I understand the running better and higher resolutions but it shouldn't mean the floor is lower on performance than it would be if Pro didn't exist.

terrible

Banned
Exactly, but imagine if the zepplin gondola or individual seats were much easier to take out with the AT rocket, tank shell or AA. It would be much more manageable.

That would help for sure. I think reducing its damage and splash radius on top of adding in some extra cool down on the weapons would work too. I mean I'd personally just remove it altogether and pretend that mistake never happened but that's not going to happen hah.

Top Bottom