• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Majority of us who have played every night for weeks all agreed. You join enemy team you look for a switch or you join second party
What in the flying fuck are the "needs of the many" to you? I would assume most normal people would want to have fun, kill their friends, and actually face a challenge.

Not pad their stats every night rolling pubs "white washing" maps. Puhlease. What a bizarre community you've created.
I must have forgotten video games are not meant for fun.
You're just crazy. Gamez r srious biznes

JDB

Banned
As much as I'm tired of the constant updates on how much ps4GAF is pooping on other teams, they can decide how they want to play. There always has to be a certain balance of seriousness and fun. Up to the group what the balance will be.

Theorry

Going all sneaky.

tD2Pv9C.gif

meppi

Not really. It's just we are all working towards a goal and all of us in the party right now agree that you don't judas. Second party is there for a reason.

We play together or you don't play with us.

We have gaf V's gaf nights for a reason guys

Or in other words. Stat padding, neogaf style.
Well you can count me out of that petty BS, that's for sure.

More the merrier guys. Luvs_2_squidge is my user. I'll add you to chat and community

We are on every night. A friendly bunch despite what one dude says haha.

j-wood

So I just opened a battlepack and got some "distinguished" gun, yet none of my classes have a new gun? I'm still fairly low level, does it open up later or something?

Vaga

As much as I'm tired of the constant updates on how much ps4GAF is pooping on other teams, they can decide how they want to play. There always has to be a certain balance of seriousness and fun. Up to the group what the balance will be.

Thought I was the only one annoyed by his constant spamming on this thread.

When are they planning to fix this matchmaking screwup they made with the patch?

I literally only play games where I'm by far the most dominant player on my team and get slaughtered by the other team or massively destroy the other team.

Who thought this made sense?

Thought I was the only one annoyed by his constant spamming on this thread.

Nope.

Edit: I wish there was a specific thread for the PC version that wasn't technical like the PC performance thread, but we are probably a minority and it would die quickly.

Why wouldn't you guys want other folks from neogaf playing against you? Even since the first MP shooters clans would divide themselves and join separate teams, be it to balance the game or just because it's pretty fun to play against people that you know and that are better than average, possibly. I understand prefering to play with gaf users instead of against them, but it seems unnecessary to kick someone just because they are on the other team for a change. Not that I should care, but yea, just giving my 2cents.

For ye record he didn't get kicked. He chose to leave. I merely said if it becomes a constant thing since that's what ukps4gaf majority agreed.

anyone wanting to join add luvs_2_squidge

Going all sneaky.

tD2Pv9C.gif
Slick moves.
So I just opened a battlepack and got some "distinguished" gun, yet none of my classes have a new gun? I'm still fairly low level, does it open up later or something?
Just to clarify, Battlepacks don't award actual guns, just skins. You unlock guns with warbonds. Is your skin missing?
Why wouldn't you guys want other folks from neogaf playing against you? Even since the first MP shooters clans would divide themselves and join separate teams, be it to balance the game or just because it's pretty fun to play against people that you know and that are better than average, possibly. I understand prefering to play with gaf users instead of against them, but it seems unnecessary to kick someone just because they are on the other team for a change. Not that I should care, but yea, just giving my 2cents.
I left of my own accord, but only because the petty threat was put out there.

To answer the bolded question though: STAT PADDING BOIS.

deoee

LOL

Wtf is this elitist behaviour of some people in here?
I'm not part of it (and honestly, after reading up, wouldn't want to) but kicking people / threatening to kick people, because you join the other team is just idiotic imo.

Also, after the patch I seem to be stuck way more on geometry then before.
Anyone else noticed this?

Mahonay

Banned
LOL

I'm not part of it (and honestly, after reading up, wouldn't want to) but kicking people / threatening to kick people, because you join the other team is just idiotic imo.
Sure is. Reminds me of the petty shit I delt with back when I was in a couple Halo 2 clans.

Giganteus

Not really. It's just we are all working towards a goal and all of us in the party right now agree that you don't judas. Second party is there for a reason.

We play together or you don't play with us.

We have gaf V's gaf nights for a reason guys
Do you play against other clans or is this against public servers?

Acinixys

It was on PC on the Italian operation.
Tried to jump over several stones / walls and just kept being pushed back.
Maybe I never noticed before, but it seemed way more often.

Happens to me on every map

When you try to vault over certain rocks, you get rubber banded backwards like 10m, the climb animation plays, but then it snaps back and you are still standing at the bottom

They will fix it eventually. BF4 had the same issue at launch

deoee

So pubstomping?

Seems like it's more serious than that :x

Happens to me on every map

When you try to vault over certain rocks, you get rubber banded backwards like 10m, the climb animation plays, but then it snaps back and you are still standing at the bottom

They will fix it eventually. BF4 had the same issue at launch

Yeah I know it was an issue even before the latest patch - but like I said: I feel like it's gotten worse...
Well, let's just hope for the best :D

LOL

Also, after the patch I seem to be stuck way more on geometry then before.
Anyone else noticed this?

It not elitist. The majority of us agreed we don't Join the opposite. We make a second or third party. We are sticking to the decision made by the majority and besides it was just a mention that we don't approve of that.

The guy left of his own accord and cried about stat padding. How could that be when a) he was just one guy and b) we won anyway...

He's made it sound like I threatened him but all I did was enforce the agreement the community made...

The streak just got ended anyway so don't worry guys. You'll see a lot less posts even though we have a community of nearly 150

deoee

It not elitist. The majority of us agreed we don't Join the opposite. We make a second or third party. We are sticking to the decision made by the majority and besides it was just a mention that we don't approve of that.

The guy left of his own accord and cried about stat padding. How could that be when a) he was just one guy and b) we won anyway...

He's made it sound like I threatened him but all I did was enforce the agreement the community made...

The streak just got ended anyway so don't worry guys. You'll see a lot less posts even though we have a community of nearly 150

I really can't imagine a whole community would disagree to let people join the enemy team.
But if that's what you decided it's okay.
Maybe don't call the Clan UKGaf if theres strict rules and people get offended? :D

The games Disagree Guy was describing were pubstomps. Threatening to ban GAF members from his PSN community group for playing on the opposing team.

It's not "my" community. There are 150 people nearly and three community moderators. I just messaged the guy to tell him about the agreement we'd made and he started getting all shirty.

It's simple - if you want to make your own community then go ahead, I've got no problem with that. This ps4 community has been incredible until this one bad apple turned up.

It was on PC on the Italian operation.
Tried to jump over several stones / walls and just kept being pushed back.
Maybe I never noticed before, but it seemed way more often.
Oh, I thought you literally meant getting your character model stuck onto a piece of geometry.

But what you're talking about I have noticed. Yeah, there is a weird issue with trying to vault certain rocks. I think I noticed it on the Argonne map earlier today, and it kept preventing me from getting over these very obviously scalable rocks.
So pubstomping?
Yep.

An actually competitive group would welcome a challenge. I'm sure they'll get real far in the competitive scene with all their practice stomping pubs without communication.

In sports, we usually refer to actions that improve statistics without being of any benefit to the team's chance of winning as an individual engaging in "stat padding." Playing against inferior opponents is a form of team-wide stat padding. It's not particularly fun, nor does it make you better players.

Like you said, you won anyways, so who cares? You actually faced a challenge from the opposing team for the first time in like 30 matches. Boo hoo.

Anyways, if you had made it clear that you all had such a stupid mentality about games, I never would have joined in the first place.

The games Disagree Guy was describing were pubstomps. Threatening to ban GAF members from his PSN community group for playing on the opposing team.

Nobody threatened anything, we asked him to switch teams, he said he couldn't despite other gaffers being able to switch. Then he started drilling up drama and going on about win streaks and stat pading, and he left in a huff of his own accord. We got chat logs...

Nobody threatened anything, we asked him to switch teams, he said he couldn't despite other gaffers being able to switch. Then he started drilling up drama and he left in a huff of his own accord. We got chat logs...
I'm playing a game. I'm not going to waste time, sitting there staring at the scoreboard waiting for an empty spot on the opposite team. I looked twice at the beginning of each round, and once towards the end of the first part of the Operations and there was no room.

Move on.

Oh my God people, can we let it go please. What a tiresome discussion this is. Can't we all just enjoy the game together?

Yeah I agree with this. Anyway all the guys playing tonight and the 60 in the group chat saw what was said and it's a storm in a teacup.

We've gained players thanks to the publicity haha. Anyway as always if anyone from ps4 wants to join up jus add luvs_2_squidge . We play every night and so far it's been fantastic apart from that one guy...

Top Bottom