• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

AlexBasch

You on PC or PS4? The character feels lightweight and good on PC IMO.
Nope, XB1. :p

Pretty common on Amiens for snipers just to watch enemy flags because its like each flag only has 5 spawn points. Spawn points seem to change when someone is capping it, forces you to spawn 20 metres from the flag.

Pretty lazy but smart design. Modern bf just loves rewarding those winning, spawns positions punish those losing.
Yeah, had that happening in a Conquest mode and decided to just fuck around in TDM while I get used to it and forget about BF4. Also, hopefully getting another sight for the basic rifle you get as a Medic.

I'm switching between BF1 and TF2 and when I switch back to BF1 the movment feel really heavy, it takes a while to get used to it.
Yes! Just bought TF2 as well and I'm also a dumbass, been playing Wolfenstein Old Blood all week long, no wonder why I felt the movement a lot heavier than usual, haha. Good thing I finished Doom a few weeks ago or I'd lose my mind with how heavy the BF1 soldier feels. :p

Hjod

Banned
Yes! Just bought TF2 as well and I'm also a dumbass, been playing Wolfenstein Old Blood all week long, no wonder why I felt the movement a lot heavier than usual, haha. Good thing I finished Doom a few weeks ago or I'd lose my mind with how heavy the BF1 soldier feels. :p

It usually takes me five minutes to stop trying to slide in BF1 haha. But when I get used to the weight of the soldier again it's fine. I think most people sould feel lke you if they played that many fast moving shooters before jumping into BF1 haha.

I can't even imagine how good the model 10 hunter is, cuz I'm droppin people like flies with the 97 trench hunter.

The only reason I started using it is to get the shotgun medal, but damn it's good.

bosseye

I can't even imagine how good the model 10 hunter is, cuz I'm droppin people like flies with the 97 trench hunter.

The only reason I started using it is to get the shotgun medal, but damn it's good.

I was loving it the other night after the patch but last night it felt entirely broken. Point blank hits not registering for example. Bit odd. Perhaps my connection or something.

terrible

Banned
Uhhh I just went 80 and 26 with the mg15 in operations...

Feels good brehs

When you catch a squad off guard and every shot lands that sucker slaughters people. You pretty much have to get the drop on someone in order to win a gun battle though, it shoots so slow!

Vorheez

That's a brilliant ratio for an LMG. Any tips? I know a few people here have asked before

When you catch a squad off guard and every shot lands that sucker slaughters people. You pretty much have to get the drop on someone in order to win a gun battle though, it shoots so slow!
Yeah, terrible is right when he mentions catching a squad off guard. For me, with an LMG, it's never about trying to engage an enemy head on. It's about learning their attack patterns and then finding ways to intercept them from behind or on the side by dumping that 100 round clip into 'em ;). Never stick with your team neither, because that's where all of the bullets are flying; it's like sending a herd of cow off to slaughter. You want to essentially make yourself a one man army that drops 100s of round onto unsuspecting groups far enough back that they never expect it. Keep moving to other spots to keep them guessing too. That's what I do anyways.

The game has to loads the next map before you "quit". Someone mention, don't remember where, it's a problem with the game engine itself. Take that with a gram of sodium.
Explains why the game needs more than 2 minutes to go back to menu after a match with my PC (HDD, no SSD). 2-3 minutes is bearable for the first match load up because you can read the trivia, and browse the medal and battle pack screens... but 3 minutes black screen for going back to the MAIN MENU. Screw that.

Maximus P

Wow. Picked up the flame trooper kit on Argonne forest and went on a killing spree. I almost felt sorry for the opposition as I sat on one of our flags burning everyone that appeared from one of the corners.

Managed to end the game with 40+ kills and over 2 dozen flag defends.

Wow. Picked up the flame trooper kit on Argonne forest and went on a killing spree. I almost felt sorry for the opposition as I sat on one of our flags burning everyone that appeared from one of the corners.

Managed to end the game with 40+ kills and over 2 dozen flag defends.
Their fault if not a single one of them manages to pull a bayonet charge from your limited field of vision off ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

For me hero classes are nothing else than infantry sized vehicle drops that can be oneshotted with a meele attack or a bayonet charge and also can't heal or repair themselves. They are only a real issue in TDM and maybe Domination where they don't really belong and screw with balance too much.

Theorry

Sorry teammate. :(

LXheXvY.gif

Serious question, why do people have/maintain a custom server? I understand if it's for your clan or something, but other than that, never really understood why. Do they get paid? Satisfaction of letting others enjoy a specific set of rules/game modes?

McHuj

Serious question, why do people have/maintain a custom server? I understand if it's for your clan or something, but other than that, never really understood why. Do they get paid? Satisfaction of letting others enjoy a specific set of rules/game modes?

Custom map rotation or custom settings like increased ticket count or hardcore mode.

WillyFive

Hardcore mode for BF1 is rather fun, makes you change the way you play drastically when you can't tell who is good or bad without aiming at them first. It stops being a twitch shooter and becomes something more measured and paced.

Because they want to play the game the way they want to play it with their clans or friends.

Jb

I've encountered a few new glitches since the last update: spawning on a horse with a pilot kit and not being able to repair my plane when it's damaged. Obviously that one's much more annoying, and it's happened a couple of times already.

THEaaron

How old are you? Back then, like in the year 2000 or even before, community servers were constantly full. There were just people gathering people around them, maintaining a website, a forum and a gameserver.

Community servers 4tw!

chiliboy

Thought they were meant to have fixed not being able to fire your gun after being revived?
Still happening to me....

They fixed the bug where you cant fire after throwing equipment or grenades! Revive bug still alive and kicking..
I've seriously made it a habit of switching between guns like an idiot all the time hehe..

Can a gaffer get some help? Or we still debating clan etiquette?

Can someone explain BF1 vehicle spawning to me as someone who played BF4 but didn’t follow the release of BF1? From how understand it, you can choose any of the three types of tanks from a ‘slot’ at base, but I can’t imagine any situation where a light tank would be superior to the other two. Second, where do artillery trucks come from? Because if they, too, take a ‘tank’ slot, that seems like a huge handicap against a team using a tank instead.

Also, what are the tank amounts on maps? I feel like it never goes over 2 for each team, unless one gets stolen.

I think they should increase the ammo in the BAR. I need more than 20 shots lol.

They should also change the level 10 medic weapon. It takes three shots to kill but has a 5 round clip. Not a lot of leeway compared to the other medic weapons which have like 10 to 26 rounds.

Theorry

I think they should increase the ammo in the BAR. I need more than 20 shots lol.

They should also change the level 10 medic weapon. It takes three shots to kill but has a 5 round clip. Not a lot of leeway compared to the other medic weapons which have like 10 to 26 rounds.

That 20 round is was makes the gun balanced. Anything more and it would be way to strong.

Can a gaffer get some help? Or we still debating clan etiquette?

Most times it seems like its limited to two vehicles at a time per side, at least in Operations. Artillery trucks count towards that. Sometimes only one side gets vehicles for certain points.

I'd assume some conquest maps would have more? I'm not sure though.

Also light tanks are very mobile and the turret turns so you can really rack up kills. Artillery trucks also can do AA and mortar and seem better at distance. The landship sucks :p

jeffc919

Seems like the simplest fix to the quit button issue, if it is in fact a problem with not being able to quit once the next map starts loading, would be to delay the next map from loading a little longer. As it is, the length of games in the core modes is quite long, and there is a relatively short amount of time between maps. Leaving the quit button up for, say, 15 seconds longer than it used to be there prior to the patch, would be a good enough solution I think. That's long enough for a quick glance at the stats, checking to see if you got a battlepack, etc.

chiliboy

Seems like the simplest fix to the quit button issue, if it is in fact a problem with not being able to quit once the next map starts loading, would be to delay the next map from loading a little longer. As it is, the length of games in the core modes is quite long, and there is a relatively short amount of time between maps. Leaving the quit button up for, say, 15 seconds longer than it used to be there prior to the patch, would be a good enough solution I think. That's long enough for a quick glance at the stats, checking to see if you got a battlepack, etc.

Yeah - isnt this how it is in BF4? there is a little grace period before loading next map?

Top Bottom