• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

terrible

Banned
Now that I have BF1 on Xbox as well as PS4 I can confirm the menus are shit on both lol.

I'm getting more glitches and freezes on Xbox but the controls are more responsive even though I'm using identical settings on both systems. Feels like there's less input lag.

trixx

From watching my brother play battlefield 4 seemed comedic to me, this game looks way more serious and technical. Very hard.

I guess should play single player before hopping online?

From watching my brother play battlefield 4 seemed comedic to me, this game looks way more serious and technical. Very hard.

Serious and technical? Nah. It's just Bf4 with stone age weapons which is way more fun

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

The campaign is pretty terrible...just go to multiplayer.

Mahonay

Banned

BF4 was more "serious" than this game and even more technical than BF1.

BF1 has been quite a bit more zanier than BF4, which I like a lot.

Joe

Are menu lag and game loading times things that can/will be fixed with a patch? They are the worst things about the game.

Orcus

Now that I have BF1 on Xbox as well as PS4 I can confirm the menus are shit on both lol.

I'm getting more glitches and freezes on Xbox but the controls are more responsive even though I'm using identical settings on both systems. Feels like there's less input lag.
You looking for people to squad up with?

The Dude

These guys that go 50 60 70 and 1, or 2....in a plane, I don't know man. All these fucking players, I just don't know what or how anyone does that shit. When people just say this mother fucker is coming down whether it's AAs on you plus planes, it's over. The planes only fly so fast, just seems like a stretch to me.

Xyber

These guys that go 50 60 70 and 1, or 2....in a plane, I don't know man. All these fucking players, I just don't know what or how anyone does that shit. When people just say this mother fucker is coming down whether it's AAs on you plus planes, it's over. The planes only fly so fast, just seems like a stretch to me.

It says more about the other team than anything when people get stats like that in planes.

SZips

I think I might have to stop playing this game until either DICE or Nvidia fix this DirectX function error. It happens at least once per session.

trixx

Serious and technical? Nah. It's just Bf4 with stone age weapons which is way more fun
BF4 was more "serious" than this game and even more technical than BF1.

BF1 has been quite a bit more zanier than BF4, which I like a lot.

Maybe its the settings of maps and weps that make it feel that way for me

The campaign is pretty terrible...just go to multiplayer.
Aww thats a shame but I'll definitely try to play online. I just played 4 for a bit, gonna try to get into it

I think I might have to stop playing this game until either DICE or Nvidia fix this DirectX function error. It happens at least once per session.

Is this the "gpu hung" thing? because that was happening to me multiple times a night and really pissing me off. I activated that dx12 option a few days ago and haven't had an issue since.

Levelcap just uploaded a video about it today. I've done 50-X a few times. It really depends on the other team. There are times the enemy team never touches an AA and I just rampage the whole game. Then other times it seems like the whole team is constantly shooting me and I can't do shit.

Charcoal

Just installed this on PC after picking it up yesterday. So far it's been an absolute blast to play, and I haven't had this much fun since BF2. Can't wait to play again tomorrow!

The Dude

Yea, I always felt that as well.. The only thing about it was I was In the air also at times and they had guys with AAs going nonstop, just on me nonstop. But I was on the ground a good bit as well, and I'm thinking ok they'll get him. But nothing. I know it all depends on the other team alot but still just sometimes seems a bit off when they are untouched like that

What's the best LMG? Have both the Lewis Low Weight and Lewis Suppressive and they both suuuuck, leveling up the Support Class is torture
Lewis guns are crap, pretty much all the other MGs are serviceable and good (though I haven't played with the rank 10 unlock gun yet - seems like a glorified Lewis though). The Bernet Merie and Madsen are both good guns and a huge step up over the Lewis (heck, the low weight/telescope version do a way better job at the stationary Bipod role than the Lewis Suppressive even with the smaller mags - nothing can compensate for that awful TTK), with me finding it easier to get kills with the Bernet Storm over the Madsen versions, it's a preference thing IMO. And afterwards there is of course the BAR.

Definitely unlock the Bernet Merie Storm right away (you can do that at rank 0) and your kills will shoot way up. If you want to play a stationary murder Bipod with huge ammo count BF3/4 style you will to have to wait for that until you unlock the MG 15 Low Weight/Suppresive.

I can see the fun in dogfighting with other planes, but these guys doing bombing runs over and over again, I really don't see how that can be fun for more than two minutes.

So, I seem to post about the Trench Fighter Plane class quite a bit here, but it's just so damn fun to use! lol

I discovered this today:

eC9PCRd.gif

Just one blast can take out an entire Bomber Plane and I don't know how I feel about it. It's fun to pull off, but it seems kinda overpowered.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Bomber wasn't low on health at all.

Rainy

Banned
I just downloaded it today after buying it on BF and jumped into a game of multiplayer, Operations to be exact. I kinda sucked but it was honestly a lot of fun haha.

The Dude

So, I seem to post about the Trench Fighter Plane class quite a bit here, but it's just so damn fun to use! lol

I discovered this today:

eC9PCRd.gif

Just one blast can take out an entire Bomber Plane and I don't know how I feel about it. It's fun to pull off, but it seems kinda overpowered.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Bomber wasn't low on health at all.

I think it's viable since you have to get so close. I still haven't gotten that down yet.

Havent had a chance to play for a while, does Operations still not show up on the server browser? In my 70+ hours playtime I STILL haven't had a chance to play a proper match because they're impossibly to find! On PC btw.

Meccs

have they said anything about the ridiculous amount of snipers and how stupid this sweet spot is? it's getting to the point i just quit these garbage open maps
Getting constantly killed by someone hiding on the roof (I'm not exaggerating) and the amount of gas and fire grenades combined with the game suddenly running at 40ish frames after playing for 30 minutes on 60 without problems was the reason I just got a refund on Origin. Also it seemed no one did spot or revive.
I'm not saying this is a bad game but I thought with the WW1 setting it would play a bit more like BF1942. Imho it doesn't.

Why do you find it annoying? I love giving orders, adds to the gameplay for me. To bad 90 percent of randoms don't follow them and do their own thing. I miss the commander from battlefield 2.... He could give messages like " follow your orders or I'll find someone who can "

AllGamer

Why do you find it annoying? I love giving orders, adds to the gameplay for me. To bad 90 percent of randoms don't follow them and do their own thing. I miss the commander from battlefield 2.... He could give messages like " follow your orders or I'll find someone who can "

I was the squad leader for 10 games in a row. Felt like a chore after a while.

Recall

So what is criteria for levelling up a Scout? Is it simply kills?

With the other classes you have actual utility and ways to gain points and be useful while Scout is kind of shit. Flare gun spam makes me happy though.

Top Bottom