• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

theapg

Can anyone compare this to Battlefield 1943? I loved the hell out of that game, but have never really gotten into another Battlefield game other than Bad Company 2.

jaaz

Another tip for new players. When attacking an enemy flag, flank the flag. Don't head directly for the flag from a friendly spawn point--that's what the enemy is expecting you to do and will just mow you down. But rather go wide, toward the edges of the map--the game is generous before telling you that you've left the Battlefield--and approach from the flanks.

This is also useful when defending a flag. Players tend to attack a flag head on and ignore the flanks, allowing you to easily kill them by just sitting on the flanks and cross-firing the enemy from the side.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I have more lag in the menus than playing the game lol.

So whats the best guns for each class I should be going for?

jaaz

I haven't gotten a chance to play today. How is the cheating on PC? Last night I saw server bans left and right. I was also insta-killed numerous times on spawn, and killed through solid walls, but not sure if that was hacking or just the classic BF launch bad net code .

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
No. Not even sure how that would work in Battlefield. All of the modes are currently in the game.
Hardline had Crosshair and Rescue which were both 5v5 no respawn round-based modes. Battlefield 4 had Defuse which was basically Search and Destroy 5v5. Maybe they gave up on the concept for this one :(

Theorry

I haven't gotten a chance to play today. How is the cheating on PC? Last night I saw server bans left and right. I was also insta-killed numerous times on spawn, and killed through solid walls, but not sure if that was hacking or just the classic BF launch bad net code .

Alot of bans atm. So Fairfight is doing its job. So will cool down after a while.

Should be all open. Still installing?
It's fully installed and I completed the SP. Another guy on my PSN list says the game won't unlock for him till the 21st, so I thought pre-orders get to play the SP earlier. I is confuzzled.

JL41TFr.jpg
When I click on MP from the Home menu, nothing happens; the screens just blinks and takes me where I was before.

Can anyone compare this to Battlefield 1943? I loved the hell out of that game, but have never really gotten into another Battlefield game other than Bad Company 2.

I guess it's kind of comparable, but more expansive, can be overwhelming at times. 1943 was kind of like Battlefield 'lite'. BC2 was my jam back in the day, and while pretty different in a lot of ways I think Battlefield 1 is very enjoyable.

dano1

A Sheep

This is why I refuse to play on PC!!

But damn dem PC graphics!!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just had to quit out of Amiens, game was freezing like a slide show non-stop.

Quicker to reboot game than trying to quit through the pause menu.

Schlorgan

Launch code doesn't seem too bad (at least in my experience). The servers having a 60hz tick rate seems to make a huge difference.

Holy shit. Still wondering about getting it to play with a friend tonight. Since he's into Battlefield. I mean... Is it playable at least? Cause the drops seem drastic.

It's totally playable, i didn't even noticed it. Maybe it's on some maps/climate that it's harder on the CPU.

Not like there was much to begin with considering they already added stuff that was never used.

I like the weapon choices.. while options are never bad, I'm fine with keeping it semi-historical.

Doubt they had tons of attachments back then either.

Man the music in this game is something else.

Ravek

Banned
PS4 here. Been playing on and off all day today. I've yet to notice ANY frame rate drops. Only huge annoyance is how fucking long it takes to join to a game and having to back out during the next round.

Top Bottom