• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Soulez

Neo Member
Medic really. Accurate guns and you can heal yourself. Wich keeps you alive more.
Dont look to much btw to K/D. Play your role. Drop ammo, heal, revive people etc. More important then pure K/D.

If you are playing conquest, its more about the objectives than your ratio.

In Conquest your score per minute is much more important than your K/D ratio.

Just be sure to resupply your teammates and play the objective. And have fun! :)

Thanks for the responses, I may dabble a little with the medic, but I will continue resupplying my team with ammo. I'm definitely enjoying the game, just need to get better, unfortunately my gaming peak was about 20 years ago lol. Once again thanks for the responses.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Isn't today the full release? Maybe the servers are getting hammered?

In your opinion, what class is the easiest to start with, with someone who's not that good in FPSers. (Yes, I'm talking about myself). I've been playing with the support class, and enjoy it, but my death ratio is awful.

I've ended matches with 3 Kills and 16 deaths. I feel at that point, I'm letting down my team. Granted, in all my CQ matches I'm usually one of the top resuppliers of ammo, so I feel I'm contributing, but I die way too much lol.

Should I just stick with the Support class, since I like supporting the team. And just hope that I start to get better with the K/D portion of the game. I just don't want others to look at my K/D ratio and say "He sucks, kick him out of the squad."
Battlefield 1 Boot Camp

and is it just BF1 servers? Or also PSN, etc?

Lucifon

Now the 24h peak for the consoles are more accurate :) Before X1 was ahead of PS4 by about 1k despite PS4 having the most current players online.

PC: 85,834 (24h peak: 85,834)

XBOXONE: 67,183 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 118,899 (24h peak: 142,881)

Total: 271,916

Wow that PS4/Xbox gap is crazy! And this is despite the EA Access and Xbox marketing deal. Wth!

EU is awake and PS is way bigger in EU.
This is now btw. Peaks are way more intresting btw. Because those current stuff is always way to depended on wich time.

Yep that's absolutely true, as they're 24h peaks that's really where you want to be looking. Right now the stats are completely different:

PC: 98,729 (24h peak: 98,729)

XBOXONE: 78,317 (24h peak: 123,893)

PS4: 72,109 (24h peak: 142,881)

All platforms are really healthy.

Had mines downloading awhile ago then it stopped. Notice psn went down for me. I just restarted my PS4 and everything went back up again. NA,in NYC fyi.

jet1911

Here we can see in its natural environment the prancing kraut.

QW96L5a.gif

The ragdolls in this game are pretty fucking fantastic.

xa1WEeK.gif

Rad-

Not many PS4 Europeans in the google doc list. Add yourself guys! I'm already getting tired of random squad mates ramboing it solo. You can also directly add me as a friend. PSN: Joninder

Theorry

Thanks for the responses, I may dabble a little with the medic, but I will continue resupplying my team with ammo. I'm definitely enjoying the game, just need to get better, unfortunately my gaming peak was about 20 years ago lol. Once again thanks for the responses.

Its all about map knowledge also. And just how a BF game works. Just try to stay with your squad or a group of people. BF itself is more friendly overall gameplay wise imo.
Even my dad can play this and do good. Just because reaction time and twitch shooting is totally not needed here to do good.. You can be on top of the leaderboard with a negative K/D. If you play the objective, drop ammo, revive, heal, repair.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Soi-Fong

Need more people to play with! Add me guys on PC! Origin: Moki-asa

Will be on after work. Played a bit of the story yesterday just to get started.

Need more people to play with! Add me guys on PC! Origin: Moki-asa

Will be on after work. Played a bit of the story yesterday just to get started.

Story mode is a nice way to learn gameplay mechanics. They should give a battlepack at the end of each chapter to incentivize people to learn how to play. I was lost the firsts hours and i play BF since 1942, i cannot imagine for people new to the serie.

Mugenjin

10+ hours, zero battlepacks. Time to get a refund.

I suspect being featured at the end of a round increases your chances of getting a battlepack. So does playing the full round. Otherwise it seems totally random who gets a battlepack. Yesterday I had 3 battlepacks in a row.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Drop rate is probably something that will be fixed with a patch, refund seems a little drastic lol

It is more of a last straw situation. Bit fed up with EA's monetization strategies that go even further than simply having to pay $110 to get all the multiplayer maps. Now they've got the "avoid a 3 day delay" for $20 and they'll start selling battlepacks shortly after release just like they have with the last 3 bf titles(maybe 4 if bfront counts).

Fairly obvious when they've got the scrap system but you only get scrap from recycling battlepack contents.

At least with, oh, say, Overwatch, you get your packs for time in grade. You know they're coming. You could play BF1 until they shut down the servers and not get a batllepack.

Rad-

I'm looking to get a Mondragon for my next medic purchase, which model is the best one?

I think the Sniper one is the best (it has bipod so zero scope sway in certain situations) but you should go with whatever type of scope you prefer. Stat differences between models aren't that huge.

Also more about the Sniper one, you don't actually have to use it like a sniper. I use the 2.5x zoom (which is not much considering you can go up to 4x) and play it quite aggressively but it's still nice to have the ability to go head to head against scouts when needed (the bipod really helps in this).

Toa TAK

Banned
The BF1 campaign is just barely the better of their recent attempts. This really is training wheels for the multiplayer, to the point where levels are just placed in the multiplayer maps (I'm looking at you Arab Revolt).

A shame, but now onto the good stuff. I wonder why it's so hard for them to do a decent SP.

Top Bottom