• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

This stealth mission has no right to be this good!!

Intro and first part of mud and blood were eh.

But this stealth mission is great! I love how it actually feels DARK and not just a blue filter

Oynox

This stealth mission has no right to be this good!!

Intro and first part of mud and blood were eh.

But this stealth mission is great! I love how it actually feels DARK and not just a blue filter

Yeah it was great! Though some parts (indoors) were really dark, that dark I could not see a thing.

I also found the continuation of the level quite genuine kind of like "release the tension from that stealth mission in a big inferno".

Quick

Banned
Got the game in the mail earlier and popped it in.

I really like that there wasn't an install when the game is launched, or if there was, it was very subtle.

I really hated Battlefront's install mini game of Vader vs. rebels inside the Hoth base and was kind of dreading a similar thing.

Opening cinematic of the first campaign was too real. Props to Dice for that.

MP install seems to have gone okay, but I won't know for sure until PSN goes back online on my end.

Jinjo

lol. my story.

I quit, cooked dinner, went to buy some snacks and liquor and wanted to jump in. And now i'm here.

Yeah, my buddy kept playing so I was hoping to do 'join session' through PSN to circumvent the ingame server check, but alas.

To comfort you, people were dropping left and right. The server he was in was just a team of 11 vs 9 people. So it's not like still being able to play would have been superamazing with servercounts that low.

Edit: The servercounts are so low it won't start any more matches even.

How long does a DDoS-attack usually remain?

The DDoS attack on all gaming services in december of last year lasted the entirety of christmas.

Nameless

Hopefully this bullshit doesn't continue into to the weekend. Though I gotta say, upgrading to Early Enlister at the last minute feels less gross now.

Playing the single player while the servers are down... jusus this is terrible. Just so cringe in its message and now I'm flying a pidegon lol.

Tovarisc

How long does a DDoS-attack usually remain?

As long who ever is doing attack has hold of botnet used for attack. Targets of attack can try get from underneath it by bringing up back ups and reroute clients to them etc., but those also can be found by attackers and targeted. If someone wants to DDOS your services you most likely can't stop it or evade it no matter how much you prepare.

Ozorov

As long who ever is doing attack has hold of botnet used for attack. Targets of attack can try get from underneath it by bringing up back ups and reroute clients to them etc., but those also can be found by attackers and targeted. If someone wants to DDOS your services you most likely can't stop it or evade it no matter how much you prepare.

You can't track it at all?

Nekrono

I feel bad for DICE, aside some performance problems (CPU's maxing out) this has been the best release they've ever done, flawless in almost every way and yet it's been tainted by these nationwide DDOS attacks.

Pheace

I feel bad for DICE, aside some performance problems (CPU's maxing out) this has been the best release they've ever done, flawless in almost every way and yet it's been tainted by these nationwide DDOS attacks.

Anyone who puts this on Dice in some way is just ignorant, Dice has done great here. They can't help it the internet is effed right now.

Ddos in USA, so down in EU? That's not out of their control at all. All eggs in one basket?
Dyns is worldwide, what gives you the idea it's exclusive to USA? People are reporting problems all over EU (not just BF1)

Ozorov

Battlefront-launch was flawless IIRC

I live under the sea. :(

tumblr_n2yadsGoA21sntvgdo1_500.gif

Tovarisc

You can't track it at all?

DDOS attack like this is done either with single huge botnet or multiple smaller ones. We are most likely talking about thousands individual bots taking part in attack. Constantly hammering target servers with requests causing them to overflow and crash.

Finding person or persons controlling botnet is borderline impossible afaik and requires some advanced tools.

Considering how very specific sites and services are down while a lots of other major sites and services are up make me think this is targeted attack.

Damn, thought I'd finish the single-player before jumping into the MP. Played 1 campaign a day essentially all week after work. Got sick yesterday and took today off, finished the last campaign and tried to get into a MP game to no avail. Had no clue there was an outage. So annoying that these DDOS tools do this kinda shit.

Ozorov

DDOS attack like this is done either with single huge botnet or multiple smaller ones. We are most likely talking about thousands individual bots taking part in attack. Constantly hammering target servers with requests causing them to overflow and crash.

Finding person or persons controlling botnet is borderline impossible afaik and requires some advanced tools.

Considering how very specific sites and services are down while a lots of other major sites and services are up make me think this is targeted attack.

Can't hosts like limit their request limit?

Single Player is still glitchy akin to BF4. I got the achievement for beating it on Hard when I played the levels on Normal. Lol

Turn around....every now and they I get a little bit lonely. The dreaded sound of continuing the BF4 campaign.

Pretty annoying it's around this time again.

qKaC3K

Honestly I'm just not sure this is because of the DDoS attacks on the Dyn network.

The battlefield / EA server issues started way before tha actual attack (at least for me)
Also while the Dyn network was down the EA / BF websites were fully functional what suggests they are indeed not using Dyn.

We will see I guess but I wouldn't be surprised if eventually after the Dyn network is fully restored EA and BF1 would still have connectivity issues.

(Also about an hour ago the attack stopped for a while against Dyn and BF1 servers were still unreachable)

Tovarisc

Can't hosts like limit their request limit?

Think it like this; You are standing on the beach as huge tsunami rolls over you. Not replace you with server and huge tsunami with huge flood of requests. Limiting amount of replies server can do within X time wouldn't do much because amount of requests coming in is absurd.

Top Bottom