• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

Orcus

Anyone getting brutal drops in FPS on XB1? It's constantly seizing up and dropping to 1 frame in the middle of battles online. It was never like this in the beta.
I was having this issue during the trial. I ended up doing an XBox reset to fix the trial popup, but it fixed this as well.

Ozorov

Honestly I'm just not sure this is because of the DDoS attacks on the Dyn network.

The battlefield / EA server issues started way before tha actual attack (at least for me)
Also while the Dyn network was down the EA / BF websites were fully functional what suggests they are indeed not using Dyn.

We will see I guess but I wouldn't be surprised if eventually after the Dyn network is fully restored EA and BF1 would still have connectivity issues.

(Also about an hour ago the attack stopped for a while against Dyn and BF1 servers were still unreachable)

Illuminati_triangle_eye.1.jpg

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So is it EA servers or the big internet attack that has killed BF1? Because there seems to be a ton of players on other consoles.

Currently online players

PC: 118,604 (24h peak: 146,419)

XBOXONE: 160,974 (24h peak: 163,147)

PS4: 12,742 (24h peak: 230,058)

Total: 292,320

I can get on fine with my PSN account at the moment, but it wont connect online, is that because they have to go through PSN or is it just the PS4 servers that have exploded?

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there really no way to change to L1/R1 for shooting? Besides having to manually bind the keys through the PS4 OS.

EDIT: Seems not. Luckily PS4 allows for custom change on OS level :)

thenexus6

Isn't it a little weird that (not really a spoiler I don't think)
The black guy was the most prominent character in the marketing, he's on the box but you play him for literally 5 minutes at the start..

Do you mean in Operations?

isnt it in every mode?

but yes operations if its only there. Sounds so awesome. Wish i could talk italian XD sometimes i throw a granade or a med kit and then he says something and i think to myself well that sounded fu*** nice XD

Stiler

Well while we are waiting for the servers to come up, what are your guys favorite maps so far?

I didn't get to play but maybe 3 maps but I really liked Aimens and Monte Grappa from what I did play.

Going through the tight alley ways and into the buildings in Aimens, so many areas to run into an enemy.

Monte Grappa was nice because of just how "open" it felt, unlike a lot of usual mp maps that seem to focus on asymmetry it just looks so natural like, playing on the real side of a mountain face.

Ozorov

Well while we are waiting for the servers to come up, what are your guys favorite maps so far?

I didn't get to play but maybe 3 maps but I really liked Aimens and Monte Grappa from what I did play.

Going through the tight alley ways and into the buildings in Aimens, so many areas to run into an enemy.

Monte Grappa was nice because of just how "open" it felt, unlike a lot of usual mp maps that seem to focus on asymmetry it just looks so natural like, playing on the real side of a mountain face.

Haven't learned the maps name yet, but I like Argonne forest and the map from the alpha-version. I don't "hate" any map yet :)

whats the best soundoption if you have "5.1" Headphones? I have the Hyper X Cloud 2. Maybe somebody has them and knows the best option.

I use Wartapes but maybe there is one that gives even better surround sound to hear enemies + awesome sound ofcourse.

also how can you destroy the behemoth. I use anti air and kill all those noobs up there but after a while they see were the shots come from and kill me. and it takes a hell of a time to take it down. Or is there a spot i have to aim at?

Even worse that nobody cares to attack it. After the round was over one of them had 71/5 kill stats.... i mean come on.

Tovarisc

TDM is pure cancer in BF1
  • Map layouts are bad at best
  • You automatically win or lose most of maps depending on into which team you get put into
  • Your team can get spawn trapped and farmed for duration of whole round
  • Hero pickups for some absurd reason are in TDM

Edit: Oh yeah, you get MAYBE 3k XP / round. Joke.

The black guy was the most prominent character in the marketing, he's on the box but you play him for literally 5 minutes at the start..

I was expecting a Harlem Hellfighter's campaign. Kinda annoyed we didn't get that.

TDM is pure cancer in BF1
  • Map layouts are bad at best
  • You automatically win or lose most of maps depending on into which team you get put into
  • Your team can get spawn trapped and farmed for duration of whole round
  • Hero pickups for some absurd reason are in TDM

Meh, the mode shouldn't even exist.

Is it true that Domination is actually good? Im actually excited for that. War Pigeons just doesnt seem like it fits the BF style.

I really hope one of the big modes they work on is Titan mode. I think a variation on CQ is more fun than modes like War Pigeons and TDM.

Seriously, behemoths acting like Titans writes itself.

Gaz_RB

I guess its better than
him being the main character and having a generic white dude on the cover.

I was expecting a Harlem Hellfighter's campaign. Kinda annoyed we didn't get that.

Yeah seriously That would have been so sweet.

Is there a better party system than what was in the beta?

Nope, still trash.

Menitta

I can't believe I went from "not very excited" to "buy on day 1" in a day. This is my most impulsive game purchase yet.

Can't wait to play!

RoKKeR

Just played an Operation on Ballroom Blitz... HOLY. SHIT!

That was one of the most intense BF experiences I've ever had. The push and pull narrative, with opportunities to fight back and make up losses with key flag caps is INCREDIBLE. Like, damn. I am amazed at how awesome that was. You get all of the intensity of Rush without being funneled down a gauntlet (at least not in this map) and the structure of the rounds means that the tide can be turned...

I'm pretty blown away. I knew the impressions of this mode were positive beforehand but damn, this is the best thing DICE has done in terms of gameplay loops since the original Rush in BC/BC2.

Why is this soundtrack so good.

So good. I want to pay them money for it.

I've been loving the game so far, up to level 31 or something (Xbox).

I appreciate that almost everyone can unlock all the guns for a class pretty quickly.

I suck badly at sniping.

I can't kill anyone as Support.

Medic is my calling. How to train your (mon)Dragon.

Just played an Operation on Ballroom Blitz... HOLY. SHIT!

That was one of the most intense BF experiences I've ever had. The push and pull narrative, with opportunities to fight back and make up losses with key flag caps is INCREDIBLE. Like, damn. I am amazed at how awesome that was. You get all of the intensity of Rush without being funneled down a gauntlet (at least not in this map) and the structure of the rounds means that the tide can be turned...

I'm pretty blown away. I knew the impressions of this mode were positive beforehand but damn, this is the best thing DICE has done in terms of gameplay loops since the original Rush in BC/BC2.

Operations is freaking fantastic most times.

I had no idea the Middle East ones has *3* different maps, as I'd either always won or lost on the 2nd map.

Top Bottom