• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

bluehat9

War pigeons is kind of a funny mode. I played it for the medal and got 4 battlepacks in rounds that lasted less than 10min each. A competent squad can roll the game up quickly.

BraXzy

Are there any guns that are pre-order exclusive or something?

Had a match last night, and a guy kept killing me and my mate incredibly quickly, burst us down with an auto weapon. Had an Italian name, cannot see it in any weapon list though... But can't remember it. Would know it if I saw it.

The icon was quite short, so maybe an SMG?

Seriously spoopy.

This game's graphics are just next-level ridiculous:

4SKt3tm.png

HB3t1Dd.png

vl4PguE.png

These images are totally undoctored. All I did was hide the HUD and take the shot in the middle of switching weapons.

Had a match last night, and a guy kept killing me and my mate incredibly quickly, burst us down with an auto weapon. Had an Italian name, cannot see it in any weapon list though... But can't remember it. Would know it if I saw it.

Seriously spoopy.

All guns are on equal level. Just skins for the pre-order/early enlister stuff.

Pastry

Banned

Seriously spoopy.

Skins, yes. Guns, no.

Was he the sentry class with the SMG?

wurzle

Neo Member

Seriously spoopy.

Probably the Sentry elite class. It is a pickup that spawns occasionally in the maps.

Isn't it a little weird that (not really a spoiler I don't think)
The black guy was the most prominent character in the marketing, he's on the box but you play him for literally 5 minutes at the start..

"Forced diversity", basically pandering to people who complained that WWI was 99% white dudes. Just like how they included the arabian chick for the same type of shit cuz people complain about "no female characters" all the time now...

gamma

I just had a Operations game on Monte Grappa on the attacking side. We lost the first round and got the airship in round 2 & 3 but it just instantly died. I spawned as the pilot in round 3 and the health meter immediately starting ticking down and it died like 10 seconds after the round started.

Anyone had this happen before? Is it a known bug?

I just had a Operations game on Monte Grappa on the attacking side. We lost the first round and got the airship in round 2 & 3 but it just instantly died. I spawned as the pilot in round 3 and the health meter immediately starting ticking down and it died like 10 seconds after the round started.

Anyone had this happen before? Is it a known bug?

Are you sure AA guns weren't ready for you?

i caved in and bought the game :(

No reason to be sad. It's a beautiful, fun game.

Jb

I finished the campaign since PSN was down.

The Lawrence of Arabia story was pretty weak both from a narrative and gameplay standpoint. Re-using the Sinai desert map twice was pretty disappointing and the writing was really on the nose.

Overall the SP was a decent distraction. The anthology format is a great idea, even if the individual stories weren't all that compelling. As an intro to the mechanics of the game for newcomers it does its job, and it allows them to provide some welcome historical context to the experience.

I can't remember but do you spawn as them in any of the Operations/Multiplayer maps?

I feel like you do, but I'm not 100%.

The DLC also gives you some of their weapons, which.. ehh.

I have no clue TBH. I've only played the trial, but picked up my copy at lunch. About to head home and play all night, or as long as I can without pissing off my pregnant fiancé haha.

Surfinn

This game's graphics are just next-level ridiculous:

These images are totally undoctored. All I did was hide the HUD and take the shot in the middle of switching weapons.

This is tied I think with Endor for best looking level ever.

EDIT: Just looked up Endor pictures again.. well no Endor still looks a lot better overall, I think. But it's a good second place.

This is a dumb question, but someone help me out. I want to set the field of view to 90 degrees. In the options there are two numbers: 74 (Hor+ 90). Do I want the first or second number to be 90?

SuperSah

Banned
Finally had my first PS4 game online.

There was this awesome moment on a map called Amiens where I stormed a building being held by 4 dudes, gunned down one, grenade and got the other two, turned around and by the skin of my teeth wrestled the last to the ground and knifed him.

:D

Surfinn

Will share one of my favorite moments in the game so far:

I'm prone in a crater capping C on Sinai and I see a plane with only one wing spiraling out of controll.. aimed RIGHT at me. I was thinking shit.. is this gunna hit me? Just before it gets to my position, it slams into the top of a building and totally slices off the upper half, demolishing what's left of it.

One of those "holy shit" moments in gaming.

Xater

Squad leaders that don't give orders should automatically get demoted after a certain amount of time. It's so annoying.

Top Bottom