• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

First game online. The other team had like 3 tanks and we had none and no AT weapons.

Well I'm sure we had tanks, I just never saw any. I enjoyed the game tho. Feels like Battlefield but also feels new.

First game online. The other team had like 3 tanks and we had none and no AT weapons.

Well I'm sure we had tanks, I just never saw any. I enjoyed the game tho. Feels like Battlefield but also feels new.

Assault class has all the AT weapons you desire.. but people need to look and set them up in their classes, I don't think they are set by default.

Guessing some people don't realize that class is the Tank Hunter in BF1.

Assault class has all the AT weapons you desire.. but people need to look and set them up in their classes, I don't think they are set by default.

Guessing some people don't realize that class is the Tank Hunter in BF1.

I think everyone on my team were low level.

I see you still can't set up your class outside of matches.

ThisOne

Kinda hoping they make tank spawns a bit more plentiful. This game seems very infantry focused compared to previous Battlefields.

Maximus P

Kinda hoping they make tank spawns a bit more plentiful. This game seems very infantry focused compared to previous Battlefields.

They would have to weaken tanks and take away self repair if they did that. I do think their should be more horses though. Those things are leathal in the right hands but are easy targets for the guys that don't know what they're doing.

hawk2025

Went to Best Buy on a whim -- why not try Battlefield -- and they were only selling the Early Enlister edition, because the regular version was "not out yet".

They can fuck right off with this scam.

Mahonay

Banned
What game are you playing? The tanks absolutely dominate maps in the right hands. If there were more tanks it would just be constant death for any infantry on the map.

They could definitely use more horses and motorcycles though. There is not enough transports around I will say that.

Is there an Xbox BF1 community somewhere on here? The OT seems to only have PSN stuff.

It's dangerous to go alone!

Operation is neat. Feels grand.

Also this game makes me miss WW2 shooters.

I was just thinking I hope this does good so we get Battlefield 1944 soon.

What game are you playing? The tanks absolutely dominate maps in the right hands. If there were more tanks it would just be constant death for any infantry on the map.

They could definitely use more horses and motorcycles though. There is not enough transports around I will say that.

Are there transport trucks? Not armored cars.. just trucks? Would be nice. I thought I saw a couple jeeps with MGs.

Mahonay

Banned
Do the guns get better? I can't aim for shit with these iron sights and the sniper isn't a one shot kill.
The level sniper gun you get at level 10 scout is a 1 hit kill at medium ranges. But almost all of the guns have their own trade-offs. Battlefield games force you to try and control the recoil, otherwise you are going to miss pretty much all the time.

As if this game wasn't badass enough, they have a dynamic weather system that changes over the course of Operations. This feels like a next gen title. Dice should feel fuckin proud.

So what's the verdict on the PS4 version GAF? Is it good to go? Does it run well? I have the weekend off and I could use a good shooter with a decent campaign. Should I pull the trigger? I did enjoy BF4.

Mahonay

Banned
So what's the verdict on the PS4 version GAF? Is it good to go? Does it run well? I have the weekend off and I could use a good shooter with a decent campaign. Should I pull the trigger? I did enjoy BF4.
It runs fine and the servers run smoothly. PSN is having issues though with the big DDOS attack today.

Guys, I'm trying to increase my rank in medic so that I can buy the cool guns. However, for some reason my medic rank is still zero even though my overall rank is 8 and I have been healing and respawning people like crazy. I've put in about 10 hours into the medic class and still rank zero, how are people advancing and getting the good guns?

Gaz_RB

I could definitely be down with some more vehicles, whether that's horses or bikes or trucks or what.

Really happy DICE seemed to have knocked this out of the park, after a troubled Battled 4 and a serviceable yet poorly received Battlefront. They've produced one of the finest shooters out there.

I'll take Suez over Argonne anyday. With suez I can at least fight in the open and feel like I'm accomplishing something where on Argonne it's just a shitshow of narrow chokepoints and dozens of people trying to cap that stupid point on the bridge.

deoee

I feel like the semi-Boltaction aim is slightly off.
Do I have to lead (as a scout or medic) with non-sniper versions?

Tabby

Operations is really hard. I'm almost level 20 by playing Operations almost exclusively and I think I might have won like, once back in the 10h trial.

Oil of Empires especially is stupidly hard.

edit: Attacking I mean. Defending is really easy.

Operations is really hard. I'm almost level 20 by playing Operations almost exclusively and I think I might have won like, once back in the 10h trial.

3 maps!! (!!) I haven't seen an attacker win yet.

But in reality we all win for getting to play.. haha or something.

You on PC? I have been winning most of the Operations I have been on (Attacking or Defending).

Anyone who wants to play Operations hit me up on PC:
FahzzyPook

Mahonay

Banned
I'll take Suez over Argonne anyday. With suez I can at least fight in the open and feel like I'm accomplishing something where on Argonne it's just a shitshow of narrow chokepoints and dozens of people trying to cap that stupid point on the bridge.
Suez feels like it's completely devoid of any actual map design. Just a flat area, some sand dunes, and two small areas of huts. At least Argonne has a distinguishable layout.

Elginer

I have to say this game looks amazing on PS4 and the campaign so far has been great. A massive leap from B4. It's not Bad Company but much better.

Top Bottom