• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 |OT| Make War Great Again

SuperSah

Banned
Quick food break, then I'm going to try Operations.

So far, excellent game - looks excellent on PS4 and runs just fine even with tons and tons of shit going on.

forms

Quick food break, then I'm going to try Operations.

So far, excellent game - looks excellent on PS4 and runs just fine even with tons and tons of shit going on.

Operations feels like a successful marriage between Heroes and Generals and BF. God damn I did not expect to be enjoying this game this much.

Mahonay

Banned
There's a system in place in BF4 that does just that.

Not sure why they didn't add it to BF1 as well.
Eventually it became an issue where randoms would pop into your squad and try to steal the squad leader position by spamming Request Order constantly at all times. It was super fucking annoying.

Tabby

You on PC? I have been winning most of the Operations I have been on (Attacking or Defending).

Anyone who wants to play Operations hit me up on PC:
FahzzyPook

Mostly attacking I mean, forgot to clarify.

Yeah I'm on PC, I've added you Origin ID is ItsThatAsianBoy

3 maps!! (!!) I haven't seen an attacker win yet.

But in reality we all win for getting to play.. haha or something.

First and last map both have 6 sectors to cap. Sinai Desert is especially hard since it has a lot of open areas so it's not that easy to find cover when going from spawn to the points, and by that point you'll probably be on your last try as well.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
If you die a few times on campaign it sometimes unlocks achievements or trophies for the codex on that mission lol.

Operations is really hard. I'm almost level 20 by playing Operations almost exclusively and I think I might have won like, once back in the 10h trial.

Oil of Empires especially is stupidly hard.
Yeah 64 player has the same number of tickets and attempts as 40 players. I def think 64 player mode need some revision.

Are the medals glitchy? I need to win 2 rounds to finish one, won 2 rounds but it's not updating.

I also got a battlepack at the end of last match, but it's nowhere to be found.

Suez feels like it's completely devoid of any actual map design. Just a flat area, some sand dunes, and two small areas of huts. At least Argonne has a distinguishable layout.

A distinguishably shitty layout yes. There's nothing satisfying about each objective being solely separated by one or two narrow passageways that enemies can lock down with grenades, tripwire, and snipers. And that bridge cap point, unlike the bridges on Amiens (which are way taller and bigger) you can't cap the flag from underneath. It's a shitshow meatgrinder.

Rad-

Okay who added this Mars automatic pistol into the game. I'm sniping enemies from like 200 meters away with hipfire. I love this thing. It's absolutely ridiculous but I love it. Easily the best pistol I've tried so far. I generally don't like snipers in BF games but I do now.

After finally getting online with the PS4, I have to say I'm mightily impressed by the game both on a gameplay front and a technical front.

Spent a couple hours trying out Operations and found it to be excellent and a great deal of fun. 2 wins out of 2 was the icing on the cake!

Its looks splendid on PS4 and if there are drops then I cant say I noticed any.

Even the campaign mode was pretty good for the one story I played through waiting for PSN to get sorted, which is a welcome bonus!

How do you equip a skin to a weapon? I got one for my handgun from a battlepack but don't see a way to customize the guns - does it automatically do it?

Are the medals glitchy? I need to win 2 rounds to finish one, won 2 rounds but it's not updating.

It's mode specific and tiered. It may say win 2 rounds but if the medal is for the domination game mode you won't get wins from playing conquest. Also if the win 2 rounds is second on the medal list you have you complete the first portion of the medals requirements before you can do the second portion, etc etc.

I don't understand why it's so hard for devs to implement an easy squad up feature in MP games these days. Why do I have to create a PSN party in order to play this with friends?

Man, these weapons are really confusing to me. In the beta, each weapon had like three different versions, which differed by sights and other attachments. The final game still has multiple versions of weapons, but you can also customize each variant. I have no idea why they still have separate versions of weapons, then.

Also, I can't believe they haven't fixed the wrong button prompts. It keeps telling me R1 is to throw a healing bandage.

Rad-

Man, these weapons are really confusing to me. In the beta, each weapon had like three different versions, which differed by sights and other attachments. The final game still has multiple versions of weapons, but you can also customize each variant. I have no idea why they still have separate versions of weapons, then.

Also, I can't believe they haven't fixed the wrong button prompts. It keeps telling me R1 is to throw a healing bandage.

You can throw bandage with spot button (aim at damaged ally and spot). It throws it further that way.

Xater

That's not a wrong prompt. You can quickly throw a bandage or ammo pack to someone in need with R1 /RB.

Because R1 is the throw healing bandage context sensitive button. You can drop a bandage with the other button or you can throw a bandage while aimed at a friendly with R1.

AEREC

It is you just can't throw them whenever you want...only at wound soldiers.

It's mode specific and tiered. It may say win 2 rounds but if the medal is for the domination game mode you won't get wins from playing conquest. Also if the win 2 rounds is second on the medal list you have you complete the first portion of the medals requirements before you can do the second portion, etc etc.

They are behind everywhere but in game. Sometimes mine update immediately, sometimes not.

Thanks, it eventually updated after a third win.

Top Bottom