• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

rc213

The Stealth Fox said:
My BF2 has some severe issues, which is why I haven't been playing lately... I'm not sure if I can get it to work. It's an issue of crashing to desktop, it's becoming problematic, and I'm trying to figure out what I changed before it started happening (as it didn't happen before).

This has been happening the last couple days whenever I try to join a Gulf Of Oman server. =\

Teknopathetic said:
Here's how you differentiate who is who by way of where you'd probably hear their voice.

British Pub - Sharkie
British Parliament - Marvelharvey
West Coast Nightclub - Wasabiking
Open Mic Night at a Comedy Club - TheStealthFox
Rorschach - Mexican restaurant (BURN)
Lonestar - John Deere Dealership (ICE BURN)

OH SNAP! Sharkie is correct, except he has a lot of ambient noise, so you may hear a bus (assuming there's a stop by his flat) and some traffic. He is also the bossiest one (which iss great, Sharkie, DO NOT CHANGE) and should always be a squad leader, if not commander.

Harvey has a deeper, crisper voice and he has no problem hearing you either.

I will occasionally mumble into the mic, but I have a deep voice.

Lonestar does have the southern accent.

Rors, when he can get his mic up, speaks in short spurts. Not quite Mexican anything, lol. It would help if he sounded like Speedy Gonzales though.

WasabiKing said:
OH SNAP! Sharkie is correct, except he has a lot of ambient noise, so you may hear a bus (assuming there's a stop by his flat) and some traffic. He is also the bossiest one (which iss great, Sharkie, DO NOT CHANGE) and should always be a squad leader, if not commander.

Harvey has a deeper, crisper voice and he has no problem hearing you either.

I will occasionally mumble into the mic, but I have a deep voice.

Lonestar does have the southern accent.

Rors, when he can get his mic up, speaks in short spurts. Not quite Mexican anything, lol. It would help if he sounded like Speedy Gonzales though.

hope I don't sound ridiculous :)

sharkie

might pop in for a quick game. Currently on BoB (Band of Brothers), but it crashed, so later on I guess, and can anyone recompile the list of all current Gafster PIDs so as to make inputting into my bf2s board easier :D

p.s :lol at the descriptions, and yes I live in quite a busy area of London (the British equivalent of times square) and as it is summer I have to keep the windows wide open (plus my mic pulls stuff in louder then it is for some reason)

MutFox

Banned
Woot, the patch is almost out!
I'll be joining you guys VERY soon. :p

I've been waiting to came back to the game for like 7 months. :D

Hmm, just got home and loaded up Team Speak and received an error message:

[01:31:49] No reply from server
or maybe teamspeak is not running on

Anyone else have this problem? If so, we could just use BF2 ingame chat

Rorschach

marvelharvey said:
Hmm, just got home and loaded up Team Speak and received an error message:

[01:31:49] No reply from server
or maybe teamspeak is not running on

Anyone else have this problem? If so, we could just use BF2 ingame chat
[09:38:37] No reply from server
or maybe teamspeak is not running on it

Same message for me.

OK, guess we can use ingame chat then, I'm on our usual hunting ground, 24/7 Band Of Brothers... only 3 people there right now. See you guys soon (I hope you check this thread when you realise your Team Speak won't work)

not a good day for connections. We have a second backup server, called digital anarchy, I'll post the ips and such on the main post later.

TeamSpeak is back up, for some reason, the program quit.

MutFox

Banned
This is my clan TS - 66.36.243.204:14444
We can use this for emergencies if needed. :p
There's a BF2 channel already set in there.

rc213

WasabiKing said:
not a good day for connections. We have a second backup server, called digital anarchy, I'll post the ips and such on the main post later.

TeamSpeak is back up, for some reason, the program quit.

This weekend has been bad for me, had to get my Staff Sergeant promotion 6 times cause the servers I was playing on kept crashing before logging my progress. :lol OUCH!

teepo

well my friend is going to peru for 3 months for some biology expedition so i'm going to be borrowing his bf2 cd a long with some other games. i'll see all of you guys soon.

i hope i'm not too late for bf2 goodness :(

rc213

teepo said:
well my friend is going to peru for 3 months for some biology expedition so i'm going to be borrowing his bf2 cd a long with some other games. i'll see all of you guys soon.

i hope i'm not too late for bf2 goodness :(

You defenitely aren't. If EA/DICE come through with Patch 1.4 then things will get real good.

lol, well, you will get your promotion, it doesn't always happen instantly. Christ, you've blazed past me and put in more hours already!

I remember I went through a phase where I had to get to 1.0 for my kdr.:lol

I made it and have found no reason to start back until 1.4 patch.

PS: Is it just me or is the SCAR-L unadulterated junk?

Rorschach

masterofbathhouseterror said:
I remember I went through a phase where I had to get to 1.0 for my kdr.:lol

I made it and have found no reason to start back until 1.4 patch.

PS: Is it just me or is the SCAR-L unadulterated junk?
SCAR-L kicks ass! It's accurate, fully automated, and has a great scope. It's definitely better than the Chinese or MEC standards. The only thing bad is that it doesn't have much of a punch, but the accuracy makes up for that. Set it to single shot and from mid to long range, it's great.

I love the F2000 and G3. The G3's capacity sucks, but the power is amazing.

Rorschach

xhadoukenx said:
Nothing on G36-C though.

G36-C vs -E. Now theres a debate.
E does more damage and has a better reload time, but the C is slightly more accurate ('cept when standing) and has the auto option...E ftw!

sharkie

Rorschach said:
E does more damage and has a better reload time, but the C is slightly more accurate ('cept when standing) and has the auto option...E ftw!

Your both wrong the AK is the best gun in the game and the only bad thing about it is that its hard to shot someone really far away, but its power in close quarters and midrange battles is beyond insane.

I think he's right about the AK. By the way, I haven't tested the SCAR-L out so much because I got such a bad impression. I took a whole squad out within a second using the AK-101 on Karkand. My friend saw and had a big "WTF" to say.

M16=bliss

And the G3 is top notch, but the low clip and lack of a grenade launcher turns me on to the F2000 instead. I don't understand the bad rep GL's get considering the power and stealth of the weapon.

I like the SCAR-L because of its accuracy in single round. I don't go running at them, you're a Spec Op soldier, you should lay low!

Also, I think it should be official, Wednesday/Thursday and Sundays. I, unfortunately, will miss out Wednesday/Thursday due to personal matters, but please run strong, and let's try to remember to take a group picture! The best place to take it is at Sharqi!

rc213

Stupid EA/DICE need to hurry up with the patch. Crash to desktop just keep getting worse and worse on my favority map. =\...

Sharkie:
rank_16.gif

marveharvey:
rank_8.gif

haha, guess we have Wasabi to thank for those tags ;)

Rorschach

rc213 said:
rc213 wonders what kind of special favors were performed for those...
Showing up all the time and being good squad members. :D

Also, speaking in kickass british accents doesn't hurt. ;b

Rorschach said:
Showing up all the time and being good squad members. :D
Yup, having a good attendance, good squad member, and the fact that I play this game like a maniac has earned them their stripes.

I'm going to working late today, so I must reluctantly decline (>_<)

..sucks too because I look forward to this so much every week......sorry again guys

sharkie

:lol Cheers for the tag Jay, I'll hopefully be on tonight if I can keep my eyes open long enough Xp, is it still at 2 am UK time ???

yeah, you guys are always welcome to walk in. Just keep in mind, if you don't use TeamSpeak, you will be totally LOST. Even if you don't use a mic, you should listen in to the instructions. When time allows, our leaders will mark targets.

I will update the scoreboard shortly

Saddened at the low turnout earlier today, but thanks to Rorschach for trying to join... rc213 and myself were having a good time on opposing sides, even though he was being a bit of a tank whore ;) haha

Hopefully the 1.4 patch will spark interest again. If it's not released soon, I might start sending a few PMs to non-regular posters in this thread, to drum up enthusiasm and get more than 6 men in a game.

Speaking of which, I need to go kill some soldiers and I need to practice my war cry (in a British Parliament accent)

AARRGGHH
2709953653.jpg

sharkie

Sorry guys I was up for it and I was up at the time but I'm having connection problems it's still persistent so I'm going to have give a call to my ISP today.

sharkie said:
Sorry guys I was up for it and I was up at the time but I'm having connection problems it's still persistent so I'm going to have give a call to my ISP today.
Power outages, buses going past your window, terrible ISP... time to move Sharkie boy!

bigsnack

Hey everyone, I just wanted to apologize for my lack of attendance. I'm still super pumped about this, but my days keep running away from me and I'm just friggen exhausted by the time I get home. Do any of you find yourselves playing on Saturday morning/afternoon PST?

Top Bottom