• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 2 Psuedo-Clan Thread

rc213

As an update to progress with the delayed 1.4 patch, the patch has now passed initial re-testing but has yet to pass final approval before it is prepped for release. When this has happened the patch will be staged for release and we will let you all know. Once again we appologise for any frustration this delay is causing however it has occured to ensure the patch is as solid as possible.

Uhmn...Yay?

What this hoopla about being a Tank whore! I am appalled and demand an apology!
:lol No one else was using them because we had a Sniper spawn killing at the base so I knifed the bastard like 4 times in order to use it. Man people on there last night were quick with the punish button. I kept trying to move over to USMC but the server would send me back instantly. =\ Man do I need to start playing other maps more often, when I was playing Kubra Damn I was completely lost cause I had never played the map before. That was with you harvey?

Calidor

the prob is I get confused with the times zones and all.. I think i'll just add everyone on my xfire so I can see when are you guys playing

rc213 said:
Uhmn...Yay?

What this hoopla about being a Tank whore! I am appalled and demand an apology!
:lol No one else was using them because we had a Sniper spawn killing at the base so I knifed the bastard like 4 times in order to use it. Man people on there last night were quick with the punish button. I kept trying to move over to USMC but the server would send me back instantly. =\ Man do I need to start playing other maps more often, when I was playing Kubra Damn I was completely lost cause I had never played the map before. That was with you harvey?

There were many punishings going on in that game, I had a strange bug when I first joined. After I spawned (as a medic), I ran off towards the flags and after a few seconds, a message popped up 'you were punished for the team kill', I hadn't even fired a bullet, dropped a grenade, or done anything to harm anyone, bizarre.

Actually I quit out when the server change as I'd been playing too much of Kubra Dam lately and couldn't be bothered with it again. If you haven't played many other maps, here are my rankings for them...

Karkand ****
Mashtuur ****
Sharqie ****
Omaha Beach ***
Zatar Wetlands ***
Dalin Plant **
Kubra Dam **
Wake Island **
Operation Clean Sweep *
Shongua Stalemate *
Oil Fields *

I tend to find that I just stick with Kark, Mash, Sharq, Omaha and Zatar, the others just bore the crap outta me. I don't think you're missing much. Also I think there are a couple more city maps in the latest patch, can't wait!

teepo

kubra dam is awesome if you play on a 32-64player server and the map is set for 16 players. the entire playing field is the dam itself. it's play like the early bf2 videos when it was the showcase map and they would focus on just the dam itself and not its surrondings.

ALL of the bigger maps that were designed for 64 players play a hell of a lot better when scaled down to the 32 player variations.

WARCOCK

Banned
well i will be joining the club

my profile is warcack and i dont rock at this like CS so itll be all about team play, no voice until i get a mic though

Next game is a little over 12 hours away.

Monday 2am Japan
Sunday 6pm UK
Sunday 10am PST

Remember, if you haven't played with us before, get Team Speak up and running (see first post in this thread) so we can all find each other quickly. Good luck squad!

Rorschach

I used to like kubra dam, but now I only pilot choppers on it.

I can't believe you guys don't like Wake Island that much. It has become one of my fav maps. I like servers that have city maps/ wake island. It's a nice change of pace from constant city maps. Oman rox too. :D Oh, and while I initially liked Operation Clean Sweep, I can't stand it anymore because most people run the 64p version. It's atrocious.

rc213

For me:

1. Gulf Of Oman

2. Wake Island

3. Sharqi Peninsula

I do most of my damage on Gulf Of Oman because It was the only map I could play with the Demo. :lol Plus it's a nice open map which gives lots of opportunities to cut down Tanks/APC/Choppers out in the open with the SRAW.

OK, the TS server is good to go. Also, BoB has changed IPs, so they are not showing up on the GameSpy search engine just yet.

24/7 CityMaps

Rorschach

They switched to 64p version of karkand :(

Man, I kept trying to join you guys. It would not only kick me back to the USMC team, but also give me negative points for each try. I ended up with 40 points deducted the first time and 20 on karkand. :lol

I also tried reconnecting, but it would put me on the same team. The MEC team was a few players short of the USMC team, too...stupid autobalance.

Rorschach said:
They switched to 64p version of karkand :(

Man, I kept trying to join you guys. It would not only kick me back to the USMC team, but also give me negative points for each try. I ended up with 40 points deducted the first time and 20 on karkand. :lol

I also tried reconnecting, but it would put me on the same team. The MEC team was a few players short of the USMC team, too...stupid autobalance.

If only you were on Team Speak ;) There were a couple of occasions when I informed you of a free space on our side, but you couldn't hear us. Anyway, shame about Wasabi and his mouse problems... great turn out today, there was one point when 8 of us were all in the game!! Good times, looking forward to the new patch and resulting gain in interest.

Rorschach

marvelharvey said:
If only you were on Team Speak ;) There were a couple of occasions when I informed you of a free space on our side, but you couldn't hear us. Anyway, shame about Wasabi and his mouse problems... great turn out today, there was one point when 8 of us were all in the game!! Good times, looking forward to the new patch and resulting gain in interest.
There were always spots, but it wouldn't let me go to your side, anyway. I turned off teamspeak because it would be unfair to your team if I kept cutting you guys off :p

Not that I needed it...you guys are quite predictable ;b

This Wednesday/Thursday. I will be out of weekday games for a while, I have to take care of stuff around the office since I'm leaving.

WasabiKing said:
This Wednesday/Thursday. I will be out of weekday games for a while, I have to take care of stuff around the office since I'm leaving.

Me too, I'll be moving home during this week's Battlefield time and next week I'll be on a plane. Wasabi, good luck with catching that gravy train!

Ok team, I'll be online for a weekend game on Sunday (Monday for me)...

Monday 2am Japan time
Sunday 6pm UK time
Sunday 10am WasabiPST time

The last game we had together was so great and featured such tremendous team work, that when I play non-GAF games, it just doesn't feel right :(

marvelharvey said:

Monday 2am Japan time
Sunday 6pm UK time

The last game we had together was so great and featured such tremendous team work, that when I play non-GAF games, it just doesn't feel right :(
9am sunday for me?

sounds good

Rorschach

WARCOCK said:
your 1.09 kd dosent stand a chance hoe. HUZZAH
That doesn't represent me at all...that's just all the times I would **** around with spec ops ;b
I usually have a 2 or greater kd ratio. Assault ftw. Besides, I have 4,110 more kills than you, corporal. :lol

Maybe we can get enough people for 2 squads this time. Flanking points ftw! :O

Calidor

marvelharvey said:

Monday 2am Japan time
Sunday 6pm UK time

Good! I'm there

rc213

I should be able to do 7pm PST. Currently starting from scratch again to see if helps lower the CTD's =x

I think we're big enough now to split up our teams. I propose that our European friends, AgentOtaku and Calidor are the Classy group and the rest of us are the Dirty Dawg Company, cause all I know is if/when Warcock gets a mic, it's going to get vile, lol.

As I missed out on the short-notice game, I'm thoroughly looking forward to the next one in 9.5 hours time... BF2 is so quiet without GAFfers

Rorschach

If you do the math, you could see he meant 10am ;)

Well, that's when I'll be there, anyway...that's when the party starts amirite!

GAF Squad does it again!

good game all on Sunday morning. As always, I can't wait for the next one and you are rock my ass off! :)

we on for Wednesday/Thursday? I think I'm back, although there's been some rollercoaster events in my career, which I will kindly share for TeamSpeak only... And yes, it's back up thanks to Hitokage.

I think the fact that we can all run two squads at one point will be AWESOME

Top Bottom