• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Aeonin

USF said:
Can't console players have their own BF3 Beta thread? PC users spamming all three threads which makes it hard to catch up on console impressions.

I agree. I have to wade through all this PC stuff - scanning for 'PS3'.

sk3tch

Moaradin said:
PC version of beta is only like medium of the final game. Didn't people find in the INI files that the game is locked at 3/5 of graphic quality? Don't think DX11 works at all either.

I'm not sure of all that, but I can guarantee you that the reason why the gfx (on PC) are subpar to what we have seen is because the high-resolution textures are not available. They were cut out to keep the download size smaller.

Twinduct

Origin is pretty much dead atm. Can't load the store and the http link just times out. SA was one of the first on the casualty list :<

derder

Moaradin said:
PC version of beta is only like medium of the final game. Didn't people find in the INI files that the game is locked at 3/5 of graphic quality? Don't think DX11 works at all either.
Need a source on this

Gaogaogao

sk3tch said:
I'm not sure of all that, but I can guarantee you that the reason why the gfx (on PC) are subpar to what we have seen is because the high-resolution textures are not available. They were cut out to keep the download size smaller.
again, this is why you use steam...

mr_nothin

Banned
Moaradin said:
Yea, that was me snooping around. If you change settings beyond 3 then it sets it to "low" once in-game.

I believe it's a mixup of all settings (probably not including low...but then again some of the effects do look a little low res, like the sparks)

Oozinator

Banned
I only got my early access code yesterday instead of Monday, who should I contact to get compensated for the missing 24 hours of early access ?

Oozinator

Banned
downloading PC beta from work now at 3.8 Mb/s woo! estimated total time is 15 minutes.

I had to stop and resume the download a few times to get it to select the fastest servers.

Posted on 29 September, 2011 at 1:16 pm by MRigz
Playing it all morning, really enjoying it.
The one problem where i would fall into the map is the most annoying bug ive come across.
The graphics are fine but the sound is top notch as usual from Dice. Also love the increased recoil, its more realistic that way.

Posted on 29 September, 2011 at 1:38 pm by Tommy Rydling
Thanks MRigz!
The “Quick Sand Feature” will be fixed soon.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011...ld-3-open-beta/comment-page-1/#comment-184133

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Seriously... unlocks blow. Starting equipment is crap. No optics. :/

unlocks are the bane of modern MP shooter.

Went from like 80th in queue to first in about 5 minutes... now I've been waiting 15min almost at 1st in queue. never used this browser thing before. Will the game just launch when I get in?

EDIT: Nm got it sorted now :D

Jibbed

NaughtyPrawn said:
Went from like 80th in queue to first in about 5 minutes... now I've been waiting 15min almost at 1st in queue. never used this browser thing before. Will the game just launch when I get in?

Just close that one and hit 'quick match' again, you'll be in a game in no time.

Naxx

Can't even join a game. Right now I am so not happy with battlelog.

Also keep getting error about the ping not reaching the server when I try quick match.

Anyone has problems with Battlelog and Firefox 7.0? In the server browser screen I can tick/untick the option and the "View Servers" button doesn't respond, I think its a problem of a plugin or something, I updated both Firefox and the Battlelog..

Jibbed

Interfectum said:
i seriously hate battlelog

You do realise the problems we're ALL experiencing right now are due to the massive influx of players in the last few hours, don't you?

It has nothing to do with Battlelog. The servers are swamped, and even if the game had an in-engine server browser, you STILL would not be able to join a game easily right now.

I really wish people would stop bitching about Battlelog... anyone who played the Alpha knows it's a great service that works, just give it a chance will you? It's day 1. Chill out.

FGMPR

Banned
Dinosaur Tamer said:
I hate FPS communities. I am getting a cheater, hacker or no life comment on every third kill.

I wish I was good enough to be called a cheater lol. I'd wear it as a badge of pride.

zomaha

Patrick Bateman said:
Yup.

Anyway consoles have only Metro, right?
No Caspian Boarders with pw whatsoever?

I couldn't find an in-game server, I thought it was just matchmaking for consoles? If so there's no Caspian.

sk3tch

Gaogaogao said:
again, this is why you use steam...

Steam wouldn't fix this. It's what most companies do to keep size down on demos/betas...why include like 4GB of textures if you don't know if that person is going to buy your game? Give them a good idea and a taste.

markot

Banned
Jibbed said:
You do realise the problems we're ALL experiencing right now are due to the massive influx of players in the last few hours, don't you?

It has nothing to do with Battlelog. The servers are swamped, and even if the game had an in-engine server browser, you STILL would not be able to join a game easily right now.

I really wish people would stop bitching about Battlelog... anyone who played the Alpha knows it's a great service that works, just give it a chance will you? It's day 1. Chill out.
Its got nothing to do with 'day one' its the 'completely useless, pointless and unneccessary' that annoys me. Its like the worst system I have seen outside of gamespy for an online game.

Is the Europe PS3 Beta download any different from the US one? I'm downloading the Euro one on my PS3 even though I live in america, since I'm an impatient child.

sk3tch

markot said:
Its got nothing to do with 'day one' its the 'completely useless, pointless and unneccessary' that annoys me. Its like the worst system I have seen outside of gamespy for an online game.

I guess to each their own. To me it brings the ease of Xbox LIVE without all of bloat of GFWL to PC.

Top Bottom