• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Gaogaogao

SERVER ERROR
We're very sorry, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Error: CAT_000016

this is why you use steam, and not fucking origin, you cant handle it EA.

Cardigan

Gaogaogao said:
SERVER ERROR
We're very sorry, but we're currently experiencing technical difficulties.

Error: CAT_000016

this is why you use steam, and not fucking origin, you cant handle it EA.
methinks it's a regional thing, not an actual error with Origin
it's up for me now. woot!

Sigma Storm said:
ATTN AUSTRALIANS:

http://games.on.net/file/45430/Battlefield_3_Open_Beta_Client_-_Updated_September_28092011

I downloaded the file from there, copied/pasted it into my C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games directory, installed it through Origin and it only had to download a few extra files and it installed fine.

Gonna go play now, enjoy!

Thank you very much for that! Downloading now :D

EDIT: It asks for a validation code after installing, guess this doesn't work.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
Punkbuster? really? It gives me the option of skipping it as an "optional install", but i can't play online unless i install it right?

USF

Can't console players have their own BF3 Beta thread? PC users spamming all three threads which makes it hard to catch up on console impressions.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Ziltoid said:
Punkbuster? really? It gives me the option of skipping it as an "optional install", but i can't play online unless i install it right?

None of the servers are running punkbuster at this point, at least according to my server browser filter.

Eric WK

itsgreen said:
360 controls seem to be non-responsive sometimes... like ADS.

Yup. And there's a weird delay when deploying equipment or knifing and things - may be intentional, but if so it will take some getting used to.

Netcode on 360 was rock solid last night too.

Prophet Steve said:
Seems nobody can actually start the game through Battlelog, at least among my friends.
Yeah same here. If I let it run bf3.exe in normal mode I get APPCRASH bf3.exe, if I let it run as admin nothing. No bf3.exe in process list. Seems like the same shit I've had with BF2142.exe for a long time on two different PCs with two different OS. Common denominator EA Download Manager now also known as Origin.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
lol at PC gamers getting the open beta last.

My patch finished around 2am, luckily before I snoozed off. They better not make the patches that big in the retail.

jdmonmou

Are there any xbox vs pc graphics comparison videos? My friend was saying that the PC version was only marginally better than the 360 version. I told him he must be blind.

Moaradin

PC version of beta is only like medium of the final game. Didn't people find in the INI files that the game is locked at 3/5 of graphic quality? Don't think DX11 works at all either.

Ziltoid

Unconfirmed Member
None of the servers are running punkbuster at this point, at least according to my server browser filter
I'll probably have to install it when the game ships anyway. It might have gotten better since i last used it (with BF2), but I'm still a bit skeptical.

Gaogaogao

Moaradin said:
PC version of beta is only like medium of the final game. Didn't people find in the INI files that the game is locked at 3/5 of graphic quality? Don't think DX11 works at all either.
this game is coming out in like 1 month, what the fuck is going on?

Enron

Banned
Moaradin said:

Unsurprising. I guess everyone forgot about the BC2 beta and how that looked. Everyone has short memories!

sk3tch

Try turning off your anti-virus if you're having a problem launching Battlelog on PC. At least that was what caused my issues. AV programs don't like what EA is trying to do (launching exe's from a browser) - which makes sense. Hopefully they're working with the AV companies or something, otherwise this is going to be a significant launch issue (not to mention now that we're in open beta on PC).

Top Bottom