• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

LQX

Mr. Snrub said:
Isn't it optional? Pretty sure it's the third agreement during install and says its an optional software install.

Battlefieldo just tweeted the new Caspian pw. Quote this post to see.
Yeah but I figured with all the servers from EA a majority of them would be using it. Oh well.

Nekrono

Nekrono said:
http://i.picpar.com/5d58c13339a9ffcdeba185c8a52fced04fbda129.PNG[IMG]

Hopefully that means that we will not be getting kicked from the servers so ofter.... especially Caspian, it always hurts so much :(

Also, new [B]password [/B]for [B]Caspian [/B]is [B]"shoppingcartsareagoodride"[/B], for those without the chrome plugin.[/QUOTE]

Quoting to new page so people can see the pass.

Rainy Dog

Eric WK said:
I'm sure balance issues will pop up in time, but right now I'm really happy with the gameplay.

Me too, Eric. I'm as guilty for nitpicking at the bugs and a few other niggles, but the game itself is tremendous in my opinion. Even on an infantry only Rush map. It feels and plays utterly fantastic, looks very good for consoles (even better when you consider the scale, destruction etc. that'll be going on), and is altogether the real deal for me. Absolutely chuffed with how it's turned out.

I simply can't fathom how anyone can think BC2 looks better. That has no AA at all so is even more jagged, naff looking gun and character models for the most part, basic animation, little in the way of lighting or detailed texture work, copy and paste buildings and environments across all maps... The best looking part of BC2 for me was usually the 2D skylines. Love the game to bits, but its hardly a looker.

Bugs an all, BF3 looks so much classier than BC2.

Kyaw said:
There needs to be only 8 squads on each team. Only need to go up to 8 Alphabetical letters.

Pretty sure BC2 lets you have up to 8 squads on one team even though there's only 16 players a side.
It's a good point!

You have to imagine it will make it in to the final build. It was sooo easy in BC2. The fact I had to keep trying randomly to join you in a squad is horrible :\ Especially since we roll so good together in a tank!

Foliorum Viridum said:
Why is everyone ignoring the biggest issue with the game?

The horrible shape that appears when the God rays hit you in a certain place. I think it's a pentagon or a hexagon. It looks like a symbol has just suddenly popped up on your screen. HORRIBLE. I love the lighting but that shit needs to go.

It's supposed to look like a dirty camera+glare+wtv. Kinda looks cool in planes but makes no sense when ur not in vehicles.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Heh. After saying I should hide the PWs you fail to do so. I love it!

:p

DAMMIT
lol.gif

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
What's the password for the caspian servers?

EDIT: Don't worry, see it on top of this thread!

Spl1nter

90 fov is very nice. Now if only we could have a suitable minimap.

I really like battlelog for the simple fact that anytime I want I can be checking my stats and seeing who is online in under 3 seconds. From there I can be playing the game in a server in 15 seconds. Best of all I can post status updates trolling cuban.

Mr. Snrub said:
EDIT: Secret PW fail
lol.gif

What's wrong with posting the password? It's not like it's a GAF only thing. If lurkers see it that's just fine because once again, this isn't a GAF server or beta. They can find it elsewhere just as easily.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
It's a good point!

You have to imagine it will make it in to the final build. It was sooo easy in BC2. The fact I had to keep trying randomly to join you in a squad is horrible :\ Especially since we roll so good together in a tank!

Yeah, once i learn how to fly properly, we can roll in the chopper!
I need to hook up the PS3 controller tonight and test it out.

Metalmurphy said:
It's supposed to look like a dirty camera+glare+wtv. Kinda looks cool in planes but makes no sense when ur not in vehicles.

It works great in planes. Nothing better than flying into the direction of the sun and getting blinded. It does it's job though, it blinds you whenever you look at the sun. :p

VGChampion said:
What's wrong with posting the password? It's not like it's a GAF only thing. If lurkers see it that's just fine because once again, this isn't a GAF server or beta. They can find it elsewhere just as easily.

So more of GAF can play it rather than random lurkers!

derFeef

EA chat support gave me a BF3 beta key because they are not able to fix the store problem with Austrian ISP's right now... jeeze...

KPunk

honestly after playing both the PC version and Xbox 360 version...i feel like the console version just doesn't give the "war like" feeling in comparison to PC...and i really can't figure out why.

The strange thing is my PC is a 2.1 Setup, and a really nice 5.1 HT setup. It just doesn't give the same feeling.

Spl1nter

Nekrono said:
Indeed, the minimap needs work, also we need a freaking full map, it's pretty annoying in Caspian.

I was pretty irrate when I found out they had not improved the squad system from alpha. However i take consul in the fact that the minimap and squad system where much improved in BC2, there is hope.

Spl1nter

TheJerit said:
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/4035/e8b032862a724af795dcfda.png

Dont worry, most of the posts in that thread are saying prone is awesome and should remain.

I honestly dont know how DICE can aggregates community feedback. The people who have the worst ideas produce the most combat. So little good feedback is ever given.

Woorloog

Banned
Note: Playing on 360, thus no Caspian and 24players at most.
BF3 feels very much like BC2 with faster (and better) gameplay.
BC2 is good but i had hoped this would feel more like Battlefield 42/2. Though maybe you cannot make Rush feel like true Battlefield?
Console versions really should get access to Casbian Border and Conquest...

TheJerit

Spl1nter said:
Dont worry, most of the posts in that thread are saying prone is awesome and should remain.

hehe i know, but it was my first trip into the battlelog forums for beta (was in there for alpha) and seeing that at the top of the list made me go soft...

VGChampion said:

I'd rather gaffers get it first than lurkers/anon's. Considering that getting into a Caspian server, even with the pw, is difficult enough.

TheExodu5

Banned
LQX said:
Ugh. This just getting better. They make you install punkbuster and not one damn server is using it. Go to launch game, driver 285 is required. I just rolled back from that driver because it kept blacking out my monitor. Fucks sake.

Driver 285 is not required. It says that, but it will launch without it anyways (at least, it did for me).

okay tried it and honestly i did not expect that many bugs. floating under the ground and my weapons disappearing constantly is very annoying.

Woorloog

Banned
JackEtc said:
Fuck me, it's so frustrating playing with a team who thinks Rush is TDM.
TBH, DICE should've made the beta TDM and/or Conquest and leave Rush out.
And give console players Caspian as well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Had a few rounds. Need to play Caspian Border, because this Metro map might as well have the beta renamed Bad Company 3.

Has DICE given any indication or hint as to when Caspian Border will be available on servers globally?

Foliorum Viridum said:
Anyone know why there's no waiting queue for servers now? It made getting into Caspian easier before.

Apparently the queues were bugged, so most servers removed the option. Hope an update to Battlelog fixes it.

So how does the create party button work? Every time I click it it just makes a noise. Trying to figure out how to play with others in my house but I think we're having NAT problems because whenever we try to join whoever is in first gets booted.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Woorloog said:
TBH, DICE should've made the beta TDM and/or Conquest and leave Rush out.
And give console players Caspian as well.
I don't think that 24 player Caspian will represent the map very well.

achapel

Well honestly I am tired of seeing that subpar chrome 'trick' passed around. I haven't shared what I made too widely, but its obvious that getting on the caspian servers isn't a big deal anymore, and you should at least use something that works and is easier to use.

Anyways, quote this post if you want a simple install for chrome that will allow you to get on caspian servers without a password. It will work automatically once you install it as long as they haven't changed their code on the site. (Of course I would update it)

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
Anyone know why there's no waiting queue for servers now? It made getting into Caspian easier before.

I never had server queues... :(

It meant i had to spam 'join' and paste in password.

Nabs

achapel said:
Well honestly I am tired of seeing that subpar chrome 'trick' passed around. I haven't shared what I made too widely, but its obvious that getting on the caspian servers isn't a big deal anymore, and you should at least use something that works and is easier to use.

Anyways, quote this post if you want a simple install for chrome that will allow you to get on caspian servers without a password. It will work automatically once you install it as long as they haven't changed their code on the site. (Of course I would update it)

chap is a boss for this.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Game Breakers on the 360 that make me wonder if i should really invest any time in this game;

1. Above Ground [Metro], my screen randomly blips Black/Yellow.
2. Grenades are all too obvious. They're bright friggin' red, you have enough time to GTFO in any scenario
3. Graphics; While i know this is a Beta... Cmon man! The gears beta was amazing compared to this. The game comes out in less than a month and this is what they're giving us to test?
4. Range- It seems that the assault class [starting weapon] sucks at every range. Every other gun in this game seems to completely fuck me from the get go. Engineer class is killing me from so far away it's not even funny, even when i'm pegging him in the face with pulses.

man oh man. I guess this will be a rental first, hopefully the final version proves itself.

SapientWolf said:
I don't think that 24 player Caspian will represent the map very well.
?????
We're getting the map in the retail version. It's going to represent itself that way to consoles no matter what.

Nekrono

Switching the "T" key to toggle the flashlight/laser to my left ALT key is probably the best keybind choice I've ever made!

Now I can comfortably turn it off to not reveal my position and turn it on to flash people when coming out of a turn/door/cover. Even when someone catches you by surprise it's so easy to simply turn it on while still moving.... increases your chances of survival by x1000000.

Rebind this key to something comfortable, it's super useful.

Top Bottom