• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Meus Renaissance said:
I'm having some issues with Live in general. I don't see any new messages or invites despite people telling me they've sent them. It is only when I sign out and back in again do I see them in my inbox.

Yeah the squads/invite system is aesthetically very nice but other than that it is complete crap. Invites rarely show up and when they do they won't always work.

And to top it off, once you've gotten a squad together you'll be split up once you get into a game. Any attempt to get in the same squad as your friends rarely results in anything but joining/leaving the same exact squad as you're already in. It was even putting 2 of us on attackers and 2 of us on defenders. Sometimes after the round ends it will switch you over to be on the same team with your squad though.

We did eventually get 3 out of the 4 on the same team and in the same squad, and it was glorious. Hopefully they can release some fixes throughout the beta's lifetime and restore some people's faith in the final product, because as buggy as it is I'm still loving the hell out of it.

trainspot

Banned
desu said:
Hahaha, when I first saw battlelog, stuff like this was the first thing that popped up in my head. How you could misuse a webbrowser based server search.

good thing im software engineer and it was my first idea too!
huh, good luck gentelman!

markot

Banned
Rebel Leader said:
Does anyone else get bright flashes when playing?
They take the whole screen

(ps3 version)
Um, is it when enemies are pointing guns at you? Its this stupid new 'blind' effect if they have a light attached to the gun.

Someone tell me I'm a naive know nothing, but damn, this game looks miles and miles away from being finished.

Fucking bodies floating across the ground, clipping galore, falling through floors, and walking through walls.

Also, who thought the Battlelog was a good idea? I mean the entire game's front end is a fucking webpage...seriously? Just odd

Also, Metro sucks wiener

Alas, when it all works it's great but gotdamn only got a month to go

Menelaus

Banned
Saren is Bad said:
Someone tell me I'm a naive know nothing, but damn, this game looks miles and miles away from being finished.

Fucking bodies floating across the ground, clipping galore, falling through floors, and walking through walls.

Also, who thought the Battlelog was a good idea? I mean the entire game's front end is a fucking webpage...seriously? Just odd

Also, Metro sucks wiener

technically, they have 2 weeks to go before discs start getting stamped. this is an old build, i'm not too worried.

Angry Fork

Saren is Bad said:

Also, Metro sucks wiener

It's definitely unfinished imo but I felt the same way about Bad Company 1 and 2. It feels like their engine is always about to collapse at any moment I was hoping 3 would feel different and smooth but I guess not. Still having fun though.

I'm getting attrocious latency lag, to the point that it's unplayable in every server. This is the case whether I enter via the server browser or the quick play. I don't think it's my flat's internet as BC2 and L4D2 recently have been absolutely fine. I'm from the UK, and playing in UK servers (I tried a few French and German, same problem). Is it just me?

Video-wise, i'm having no problems, runs like butter.

Since there are so many threads im just going to ask here.

Anyone struggling to get on the 360 beta? "connections with ea servers was lost" is the message I get every time I search matchmaking.

Milly79

bobs99 ... said:
Since there are so many threads im just going to ask here.

Anyone struggling to get on the 360 beta? "connections with ea servers was lost" is the message I get every time I search matchmaking.
They are working on it.

Izayoi

Banned
Kaltagesta said:
I'm getting attrocious latency lag, to the point that it's unplayable in every server. This is the case whether I enter via the server browser or the quick play. I don't think it's my flat's internet as BC2 and L4D2 recently have been absolutely fine. I'm from the UK, and playing in UK servers (I tried a few French and German, same problem). Is it just me?
Definitely just you. Aside from a few laggy matches on Caspian (where I had no problems later), the netcode has been fantastic. No lag at all, even when joining European servers from the US.

desu

My best round so far: Round

Hell, I really hope most of the stupid bugs will be out of the game when it releases, because it can be maaaaaaaaad fun.

dorkimoe

trying to play for the first time since alpha, matchmaking seems to just be doing nothing

PC btw (i saw the 360 problem above)
servers down or something?

derder

Kaltagesta said:

Video-wise, i'm having no problems, runs like butter.
Don't do quick match. Use the Server Browser and sort by ping. Pick the lowest one, add to favorites, and just keep hitting join over and over. It actually doesn't take much time.

markot said:
Um, is it when enemies are pointing guns at you? Its this stupid new 'blind' effect if they have a light attached to the gun.

No, it's different than the red glow that appears on your view, it's some blinking shit, that happens pretty often, some kind of graphical bug.

Gvaz said:
You know what this game needs? either nerfed damage or increased health pools cause shit

I like the high damage. Great balance between COD and traditional Battlefield, I don't want them to lay a finger on it.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gvaz said:
That's dumb because .999999999999....~1

I solve this by going into the nvidia control panal and manually set my refresh rate to 60.001 instead of 60.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Mr. Snrub said:
I like the high damage. Great balance between COD and traditional Battlefield, I don't want them to lay a finger on it.
I want them to keep the damage the way it is but solve the issue where getting hit doesn't register so you instantly go from 100 to 0.

Gvaz

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
I'm just getting really kind of frustrated that even with just body shots you die within 2 seconds from 30y+

Give me at least five so I can focus on who's shooting me and fight back or move away

pelican

Gvaz said:
I'm just getting really kind of frustrated that even with just body shots you die within 2 seconds from 30y+

Give me at least five so I can focus on who's shooting me and fight back or move away

More realistic I guess. I don't mind it and it shouldn't effect your k:d ratio as everyone is in the same boat.

Gvaz said:

There IS a damage bug that causes a high damage fluctuation. By default, Demize said assault rifles at range should kill around 5 shots.

*goes to server browser, sets capian filter*

"Holy shit, all fulls!"

*refresh*

"AH! there's a slot in that server!"

*server is full*

- 10 minutes later -

*refresh*

*server is full*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUU"

Kyaw

Relaxed Muscle said:
*goes to server browser, sets capian filter*

"Holy shit, all fulls!"

*refresh*

*server is full*

- 10 minutes later -

*refresh*

*server is full*

"FUUUUUUUUUUUU"

That happens... A LOT.

You just gotta keep trying man!
You'll get in eventually.

EDIT: Metro is actually running A LOT smoother than Caspian for me. Getting almost 60fps stable in Metro, both indoors and outdoors and around 40-50 in Caspian.

Kibbles

You can't tell who is talking and you can't mute indivdual people from the menu, I kept hearing this loud noise and had to quit. I tried leaving my squad, everything. Yeah I know I could've just turned off communications on the guide menu but ugh they need to add that in so you can tell who is talking and be able to mute them in-game.

Here's a very common/annoying glitch that I hope/know DICE will fix.

What's worse is that you unintentionally fall in this glitch. If you prone in the crater at M-COM Station A, you fall under the map and can see all enemies, thus easy win for defenders/attackers whoever falls in it.

Once you do, your squad mates can spawn with you in the glitch.

LLyKl.jpg

yK6B2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Q38xK.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yRr3R.jpg

EDIT: LOL! So many snipers, all using SVD/PP-2000.

Is forcing AA supposed to be as easy as going into the Nvidia control panel, choosing BF3.exe and creating a profile where AA isn't application controlled and setting it to whatever I want? Because when I do that, it doesn't change... I tried x32 just to be sure and yeah, nothing affected the AA.

Is 2x and 4x MSAA the only AA option?

Gav47

Does anyone else find that having to wait to respawn in order to quit makes this game incredibly hard to put down. Pretty sneaky DICE.

Top Bottom