• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Broman1978

Someone else that plays the 360 version that ​​feel that the game runs better in 720p vs 1080p?
When I have 1080p, I get more screentearing / framedrops than when I play at 720p..

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
desu said:
https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120072134226751488

I hope this is just out of context or answered wrong :s.

they sure do love their battlelog...

raphier

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
So they, preserve dataflow when it actually matters but they don't for all the other people that aren't even near you? How does that make sense?

They've already stated that bullet damages are bugged, that's where the 1 hit kills are coming from.
they never happen when you shoot.(one shot kills) It matters during close quarters combat as it requires lot's of data to be send quickly and precisely. Long range has enough latency to be unnoticeable.
It's supposed to be subtle, Like I previously said. but it creates an illusion of one-shot kill (Still I am not saying damage input is not wrong, since it clearly is.).

I am trying to say that when you think you were one-shot killed. It never happened. The enemy most likely missed a lot of bullets on you for two seconds due panic as he saw you leap around the corner. But you never heard him shoot, until he started to hit you.

I noticed this technique used in Crysis 2 aswell. I die during CQ a lot from one shot kills, but the killcam replay shows I was taking lots of hits for last three seconds alone.

woober

Welp, looks like its time to complain on battlelog forums. Actually, there are quite a few threads already regarding squad management, lol.

charsace

Last night I lost only one match in 2 hours of play. I love all the people that play this like CODMW2. They try to sit in a corner with a scoped weapon to protect their K/D get destroyed.

desu said:
Getting closer to level 30. But fuck the last part of metro, its the worst shit ever. Did anyone from the designers/map builders ever test their map until the last point once? Its just ridiculous how broken the last part is.
the last part of Metro is a cakewalk compared to the 2nd and 3rd parts.

Wthermans said:
So does anyone know if we'll be able to choose our own squads in retail? At this point, I don't want to buy the game if I can't choose to play with my friends.
yeah, last night, i was in a group of 7-8 people and at one point, the game just kept autobalancing us around after every match, which made some of us attack 5x in a row and the others defend 5x in a row. strange behavior, reminiscent of BC1's buggy system. BC2 was close to as good as it gets when playing with friends.

raphier said:
they never happen when you shoot.(one shot kills) It matters during close quarters combat as it requires lot's of data to be send quickly and precisely. Long range has enough latency to be unnoticeable.
It's supposed to be subtle, Like I previously said. but it creates an illusion of one-shot kill (Still I am not saying damage input is not wrong, since it clearly is.).

I am trying to say that when you think you were one-shot killed. It never happened. The enemy most likely missed a lot of bullets on you for two seconds due panic as he saw you leap around the corner. But you never heard him shoot, until he started to hit you.

I noticed this technique used in Crysis 2 aswell. I die during CQ a lot from one shot kills, but the killcam replay shows I was taking lots of hits for last three seconds alone.

If the bullets miss it is one thing for the player to be unaware of them, if they hit then you would lose health. If I go from 100% to dead and am only made aware of one hit then it is a one-hit kill. If the other shots missed then they wouldn't have taken any health off of me anyway. What I am experiencing is a sniper 1-shotting me with a MOD when it is unlikely that I would have been hit twice quickly. The same thing is happening with other weapons a large percentage of the time. If it is as you say then the game is pretty much unplayable because it is not telling me when I am taking damage and thus I can not react accordingly.

desu

The Faceless Master said:
the last part of Metro is a cakewalk compared to the 2nd and 3rd parts.

I was talking from a defenders view ;), should have clarified it a little better. There are way too many ways for the attackers, there is no way you can defend it.

Angry Fork

desu said:
https://twitter.com/#!/zh1nt0/status/120072134226751488

I hope this is just out of context or answered wrong :s.
What exactly does this mean for the game/why is it bad? I don't know much about battlelog or anything so I'm wondering.

Angry Fork said:
*flashlight image*

edit - Don't know how to resize =( will try to change it now so it's not so big.

k made image smaller. There's no way you can kill an enemy when that shit is in your face you have to spray and pray.

The worst is when teammates have it and you're in a small area and they fucking blind you constantly. Just now in a game there were 4 or so of us in the small room where MCOM B is in the first subway set and one of the dudes has a light on his gun. He was right by the door I was watching. So every time he turns to look out the other door, I'm blinded by the light. Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night. :)lol)

Also, fuck shotguns. The hit detection for them is so wonky as is the damage done. I can get a 1 shot kill at a dude 10 feet away but run up on someone prone and blast them twice at point blank range = I die and they have 76% health left.

Emily Chu

Banned
not being able to level entire city in Online MP FPS

I think it's time for NEXT GEN CONSOLES/ PCs

32 Cores CPU redonklous amount of ram like 64GB

some 12 GPUs out of the depths of HELL XXX ____ XXX

20TB SSD

achapel

There are 32 man metro conquest servers. I got into one. It is conquest. There are only 3 objectives, and it looks like it is only the subway and ticket hall areas.

X26 said:
no, but it doesn't make a difference

It was posted prior to the open beta and in response to all the Origin preorder people who didnt get early access (as EA advertised) like they were entitled to. I literally only got like 5 hours early access due to EAs fuck ups.

desu

The Faceless Master said:
don't let it get that far?

Whats the point of the part then? The map could very well be over after part 3 since the chance of winning as defender is like 0.000000000001%.

th3dude

Flashlights are awful. Especially in BROAD DAYLIGHT. What kind of flashlight is blinding in broad daylight?

Also, how did we go backwards in terms of squad management? It's similar to bc2 on console rather than PC.

Hellcrow

sn1pes said:
Flashlights are awful. Especially in BROAD DAYLIGHT. What kind of flashlight is blinding in broad daylight?

Also, how did we go backwards in terms of squad management? It's similar to bc2 on console rather than PC.

I think they are great! Gives a new mechanic in the game that is fun to utilize.

zlatko said:
The only thing that needs fixing and no one is mentioning other than myself is how your squad mates when they spawn on you push you 5-10 feet forward, and if anyone is by you and your models touch/collide, then you start being bumped away.

This shit is driving me insane as a sniper. If I'm in prone and someone on my team nudges me I should NOT MOVE and remain a solid rock. I've seen people both in alpha and here in beta who will purposefully push me out from my cover so they can take my sniping spot after I'm on a hot streak.

FIX THIS SHIT.

Lol the most fun I had in the Beta so far is pushing camping snipers off ledges. Shit's hillarious.

Zimbardo

i wonder if DICE actually plan on fixing the login issue ...

We are currently having issues with passwords containing
special characters (such as &%<>).

i like my password just the way it is and i'm not in the mood to change it.

and i don't feel like i should have to change it for their fuck up. i mean, come on ...not only having a shitton of issues with the actual game, but they can't even get their login system to function correctly.

sheesh ...what a fucking outfit.

Binabik15

M249 with scope seems nice, but even with the bipod sometimes people seem to eat half a clip :/ Heavy barrel or not? And in normal encounters I always loose with it.

Shotty sometimes kills reeeeeally well (group of three guys at once, sometimes not at all. Seems it is as unreliable as it was in BC2?

My brother headshoted a fuy behind.sandbags with the MK11 sevrral times without killing him, are they higher than their ingame models? Only the head was poking out and "hit", but not even a single X opped up.

Kyaw

Dylx said:
Potientially dumb question here.....Will these stats carry over to the retail game?

NO. NO. NO.

No beta has ever carried over the stats to the retail apart from that UC3 one.

rvy

Banned
Calibur said:
Was there an update on the PS3 version? or is the game just getting buggier, it wasn't like this yesterday but now the terrain deformation is awful today, i keep falling though it and getting killed by the terrain! :(
The PS3 ver. has always been like that for me.

Angry Fork

Hellcrow said:
I think they are great! Gives a new mechanic in the game that is fun to utilize.
PU0Lm.jpg

GWFjE.jpg

DD4Gt.jpg

Not great. Really really annoying.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
The flashlights suck. Even worse that every freaking one is using them. The advantage to that is I can see them very easily from long distances. It sucks getting blinded by your own dumbass teammates though.

Man the 360 beta is busted. In the last match tracers got stuck in the air everywhere and the framerate gradually got worse. At the second part of the subway it was at a constant 10-15 frames per second and reload animations stopped showing. Finally it hard froze, wasn't even possible to quit to the dashboard. Great!

I sure hope this is a very early build, otherwise I feel very sorry for the staff at DICE that have to fix this up before launch.

Maybe someone can help me with this or maybe it was answered already. I'm having a problem installing the beta from Origin. Every time I click the "ready to install" button it changes to the "installing" button for maybe half a second before it stops and turns back in to the "ready to install button". No error, it just acts like it's installing for a second and then stops.

I've tried restarting Origin, restarting my computer, and redownloading the beta but nothing helps. There are a few people on the EA forum with the same problem but no one has suggested anything yet. Any ideas here? Has anyone else come across this?

Aegus

HotHamWater said:
zh1nt0

So yeah, the server client leaked and people are messing with variables.

Instead of messing with variables they should be setting up Caspian Border servers!

Assuming they'd be able to as I'm not sure how it works when the servers have to come from official server hosts...

Top Bottom