• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

People who are saying they think this sucks might not have gotten a chance to play Caspian yet. It's what BF3 should be.

Although it is glitchy as hell :) I have faith in DICE.

SirButterstick said:
People who are saying they think this sucks might not have gotten a chance to play Caspian yet. It's what BF3 should be.

i think that's the biggest problem right now right? The gameplay is fine (with the right team.....). But yeah, i'd love to play Caspian.

Although some people seem to think it's running just fine:
Jburton said:
I have been playing the PS3 beta just fine, as have lots of others.

SirButterstick said:

Caspian is the reason why I still have my preorder. That map is awesome!

FinKL

Generic Game Code Error = 1

Wow... why can't i play =/

Also why can platoon's ONLY hold 100ppl, the Gaf platoon is super full

domlolz

Banned
ha, someone on the something awful forums found this in metro

10nxdap.png

so DICE haven't totally forgotten about mirror's edge...

Norua

Banned
BUG QUESTION.
I finally have my dear AN-94 but when I open fire on automatic I only hear the sound of the first bullet. Is it the case for everyone else ?

Juancho9 said:
Hopefully they are switching all the servers to Caspian maps *fingers crossed*

Give up that dream man. Dice know we want a big conquest server with vehicles and they are not going to give it to us. They are laughing and high 5ing at HQ right now about how we have to play the same old Rush garbage round after round.

Norua said:
BUG QUESTION.
I finally have my dear AN-94 but when I open fire on automatic I only hear the sound of the first bullet. Is it the case for everyone else ?

Are you sure your gun wasnt set to single fire mode?

I H8 Memes said:
Give up that dream man. Dice know we want a big conquest server with vehicles and they are not going to give it to us. They are laughing and high 5ing at HQ right now about how we have to play the same old Rush garbage round after round.

;_;

Jburton

Banned
Always-honest said:
i think that's the biggest problem right now right? The gameplay is fine (with the right team.....). But yeah, i'd love to play Caspian.

Although some people seem to think it's running just fine:

I admit there is glitches but some people have been saying its unplayable.

I have run into glitches and some but almost no lag ........ but unplayable!

Some people are exaggerating issues to the same levels EA/DICE/gamers threw around hype.

Both extremes are nonsense!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Has there been any changes to the console Beta? I haven't played in two days or so and I am seeing people talk about playing conquest and what not on PC.

Any of that fun stuff in the console beta yet?

Ooccoo

Dloaded the ps3 open beta, chose multiplayer had "unknown error" infinite loading. Great first impression so far...

Norua

Banned
I H8 Memes said:
Are you sure your gun wasnt set to single fire mode?

Haha yes, I am not that stupid. And technically there is no single fire mode on the AN-94.
No it's on the automatic, I can hear the first shot but not the following ones. That doesn't prevent me from killing enemies, but it's really disturbing.

MechaGodzilla

Neo Member
Man the m249 with bipod engaged giving suppressive fire for my team is the most fun I've had in a long time. I was also using extended mag and the ammo specialization. I was not getting a lot of kills but I was able to get my team to the mcom without any trouble. Had so much fun I preordered the game today. On the 360 by the way.

MrBig

MechaGodzilla said:
Man the m249 with bipod engaged giving suppressive fire for my team is the most fun I've had in a long time. I was also using extended mag and the ammo specialization. I was not getting a lot of kills but I was able to get my team to the mcom without any trouble. Had so much fun I preordered the game today. On the 360 by the way.
Same kit and made me do the same thing :)

e: joined a server on 360 and no one has a rank symbol and I don't have any unlocks

darkwing

Not a Jellyfish said:
Has there been any changes to the console Beta? I haven't played in two days or so and I am seeing people talk about playing conquest and what not on PC.

Any of that fun stuff in the console beta yet?
no patches for the console so far, at least for the ps3, and always Metro map

I've done a complete 360 on this game. Initially, it was a complete blind purchase; BC2 was poo-loads of fun and this only looked to do things better. However, booting up the beta on my 360 and having to spend 2 hours searching for a game put me off considerably, as you can imagine. Luckily, things have improved recently and there's no doubt that once things are running smoothly, it'll be some fun shit.

One thing I don't really like, though - and this is completely subjective - is how much radder the Americans' guns are than the Russians. They are Russians, right?

Jburton

Banned
MechaGodzilla said:

m249 is awesome, on a good sound system cranked way up .... that thing is a whole lot of bang bang!

Best thing for holding off attackers on the third set of mcoms ........ go prone on a position over looking the top of the escalators ....bipod & extended mag.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
mr_nothin said:
OMG
I have proper AA + SGSSAA working in BF3
And I upped some other graphics settings. Looks like the trailers :O

Get the FUCK out!.
Post screens + Hardware Setup + Software setup in order to achieve AA + SSGSSAA with stable frames.

I take it you do have ~60 frames?

Woorloog

Banned
Dear god that dipshit island... Some fucker set up a mobile spawnpoint there and of course with the spawn system sometimes sending you to wrong spawn, i got spawned there. What a fucking moron... I used tactical light to annoy him till he went prone next to water and i pushed him there. He started playing more properly after that... and was still on the lower end of the scoreboard. Badly.

SCAR-H is very, very good. Incredible power and very good accuracy despite being CQC version, ie. carbine. Sound could have some more oomph in it.. or consoles have lower sound quality (i'd assume it sound better on PC with good soundcard and speakers), or my TV has low sound quality :/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Woorloog said:
Dear god that dipshit island... Some fucker set up a mobile spawnpoint there and of course with the spawn system sometimes sending you to wrong spawn, i got spawned there. What a fucking moron... I used tactical light to annoy him till he went prone next to water and i pushed him there. He started playing more properly after that... and was still on the lower end of the scoreboard. Badly.

SCAR-H is very, very good. Incredible power and very good accuracy despite being CQC version, ie. carbine. Sound could have some more oomph in it.. or consoles have lower sound quality (i'd assume it sound better on PC with good soundcard and speakers), or my TV has low sound quality :/
Hopefully they'll add "verbal abuse" to the comm rose for situations like that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Woorloog said:
The console versions probably have lower quality sound to keep the download size small but the PS3 versions always have uncompressed sound because of the blu-ray.

Woorloog

Banned
SapientWolf said:
Hopefully they'll add "verbal abuse" to the comm rose for situations like that.
Wouldn't mind having that...
Too bad consoles don't have commorose :/ Someone clearly assumes Squad Leader does his duties, that others follow his orders and that all console players have headsets and communicate. I want commorose for consoles as well, hold back/select to open it, radial menu. Scoreboard can be checked from start menu just fine.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Woorloog said:
Wouldn't mind having that...
Too bad consoles don't have commorose :/ Someone clearly assumes Squad Leader does his duties, that others follow his orders and that all console players have headsets and communicate. I want commorose for consoles as well, hold back/select to open it, radial menu. Scoreboard can be checked from start menu just fine.
The consoles are going to be getting the commorose, it just may not make launch.

Ooccoo

Can someone tell me if you need to link an EA account or something for the beta to work on PS3? I'm getting furious at this beta

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ooccoo said:
Can someone tell me if you need to link an EA account or something for the beta to work on PS3? I'm getting furious at this beta
You need to do that to link with Battlelog but I think you need to play before it'll let you log into Battlelog.

Longshot

Woorloog said:

I hate that island, it seems every match I play there's some wannabe pro sniper sitting prone with a portable radio beacon right next to him. They really need to 'clip' out that island. I wish friendly fire was enabled on most servers so I could sort them out myself. In BC 2 I used to smoke them out as Assault all the time, they'd get so mad and the opposite team would know exactly where they were and they'd have a hail of gunfire coming at them, they'd get so pissed, shit was hilarious.

Woorloog

Banned
Sigma Storm said:
In BC 2 I used to smoke them out as Assault all the time
This reminds me, i have the grenade launcher unlocked (and based on quick test, it sucks. Replaces medkit, has bad iron sight and didn't seem to be useful really). It's description reads, can fire Frag, Anti-vehicle and Smoke rounds. Do those other rounds exist in game? If they do, how can i use them?

Salsa

domlolz said:
so DICE haven't totally forgotten about mirror's edge...

you can tell by just playing this game. Some of the animations (like the "jumping over cover" one where you see your legs) instantly remind me of the game.

Its a nice callback and i really hope that bag cameo means the sequel they've been working on gets announced soon.

Top Bottom