• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Nekrono said:
Lol, I swear it never gets old:

d89d0a6c6cc323be44820b48a21119265cb10306.jpg

WTF is that?

itsgreen

GOD DAMNIT!

second time my 360 is crashing and I was going very well!

Pretty cool that all stats are server side, not so much THAT THEY ARENT FUCKING LIVE.

ie. they fuck up, you lose.

Khal_B

Wow, first game where I got past the 40 kill mark, with the last mcoms still to go, and bam: "You've been disconnected from the server."

:(

Woorloog

Banned
itsgreen said:
GOD DAMNIT!
second time my 360 is crashing and I was going very well!
Stop using C4. It causes crashes. If you're not using it, are you using a certain weapon/equipment when the game crashes? After i stopped using C4, i've had zero crashes (disconnects happen still though).

red731 said:
Just to make sure on how to spot properly on ps3 -

I see enemy, aim the sight and press select?

Yup, and it might not even show up correctly for you :D it seems that the red triangle only shows on your view if you can actually see the enemy. Otherwise it will be just marked on your map as a red triangle.

That's why a lot of people say spotting is useless as it only shows up for a couple seconds. But if you lose sight of the enemy it's OK as your team mates still might see them and they will be marked red.

LEGGZZZZ

Man, I aint even mad when I lose. It just feels so damn good to fire these damn machine guns in the support class, feel like a straight badass rambo out there. Always thought Killzone 3 had the best gunplay (at least on console) but I think BF3 takes the cake now.

itsgreen

Woorloog said:
Stop using C4. It causes crashes. If you're not using it, are you using a certain weapon/equipment when the game crashes? After i stopped using C4, i've had zero crashes (disconnects happen still though).

Nope, nothing particular.. of today's crashes the first one I was carrying arround my good old PKP, could have been using C4 but don't remember, and the second one I was just trying out the M240B... Didn't use C4 at that moment... (had it in my pocket though)

I wonder how stressed everybody is at DICE... probably isnt a nice feeling with just a few days to complete the game...

Twinduct

mr_nothin said:
Sorry about the whole wait. I've been filming all day. It's definitely NOT 60fps lol. It's like 30-60 fps. I'd say 30-45 on avg though. I have a Phenom II X4 Overclocked to 4ghz + geforce 570

Screenshots just wont do it justice. You have to see how it looks in action. I'll be uploading video ASAP

What did you tweak to achieve this though?
Who needs video when we can run it ourselves! :D

Woorloog

Banned
itsgreen said:
Nope, nothing particular.. of today's crashes the first one I was carrying arround my good old PKP, could have been using C4 but don't remember, and the second one I was just trying out the M240B... Didn't use C4 at that moment... (had it in my pocket though)

I wonder how stressed everybody is at DICE... probably isnt a nice feeling with just a few days to complete the game...
You could try not even carrying the C4 just in case. Wouldn't be surprised either PKP or M240B have issues...
Both times my Xbox crashed were while i was using C4, at least i was carrying it in my hand. No crashes otherwise, going to try using PKP today to see if it has issues. Also having C4 with me but not using it
Probably should go to Battlelog forums and post these crashes... but fucking Origin/Battlelog uses wrong EA persona :/

JonCha

Played some this morning and there was only one game where I lagged out, the rest were fine. I actually put some positive K/D scores in this time too.

The patch doesn't seem to be effective atm on the 360. Still dropping through the ground, going to prone twice when only pressing the thumbstick in once and skipping the nade animation.

markot

Banned
Battlefield 3: DICE warns of Origin bans

Playing the Battlefield 3 beta on an unofficial server may net you an Origin account ban, DICE has warned.

Associate producer Bazajaytee asked gamers to "avoid temptation".

"Playing on those servers can cause your account to become compromised, stats to be altered or other issues to arise which may lead to having your account banned by EA," he wrote on the Origin BF3 beta forum (pic via VE3D).

"If your account gets banned it does mean any EA game you have on your account would also be unavailable."

Official Battlefield 3 beta servers run the Operation Metro map for 32 people in game mode Rush.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-03-battlefield-3-dice-warns-of-origin-bans

itsgreen

Woorloog said:
You could try not even carrying the C4 just in case. Wouldn't be surprised either PKP or M240B have issues...
Both times my Xbox crashed were while i was using C4, at least i was carrying it in my hand. No crashes otherwise, going to try using PKP today to see if it has issues. Also having C4 with me but not using it
Probably should go to Battlelog forums and post these crashes... but fucking Origin/Battlelog uses wrong EA persona :/

Yeah, already did... topic got instantly flooded by the other million people who shared their bugs and sometimes just opinions...

Started to think they shouldn't have done an open beta... or atleast done it a month earlier, and do two interim builds. How will they know what bugs are in there with everybody posting. Or make a bug submission system for user, to create some kind of order in the chaos...

KareBear

I noticed at the first stage of Operation Metro the russians have SAM batteries that fire on passing aircraft.They are American Hawk missiles from the 60s why would the present day Russian army use American missiles from the 60s?Has anyone else noticed this?

gillFTR

Chinner said:
you can really tell the contempt dice and ea have for the gaming community.

Gotta love having Caspian on my computer, still dice is getting mad at the community for wanting to play their game. /firstworldproblems

dragonelite said:
Let me guess no refunds on games too?

What are you crazy? You went on an inofficial server, so you deserve losing all your games.

This sounds like the EA i know and hate. Guess they were bummed out by Activision hoarding all the bad reputation for themselves.

Manager

ClosingADoor said:
The fuck is this shit. You release a beta on PC, you know gamers are going to look around and try stuff. Your own fault for not locking it up enough if you care so much about it.

Banning accounts because people want to see more of your game... how stupid can you be.

He's saying that being on an unauthorized server may comprimise your account, meaning they may steal your account. Your stolen account can then be used to cheat in games or try to exploit games. Those actions can obviously result in your account being banned. You're not being banned for joining a server, but you're held responsible for your account's actions. Obviously, if it gets stolen, you probably can mail EA and they'll reset your account and unban you.

Regarding stats on the server, if a player rise 50 levels by cheating on one server by infinity rockets, then maybe that person deserve to be banned. Trying it out once is one thing, but exploiting it is just a form of cheating. Most cheats come from a form of bug anyway.

Grokbu

Weird. I've got two 4850s in crossfire, but I have to disable crossfire to be able to use fullscreen, otherwise my game crashes.
But when I want to use fullscreen I have to use a resolution lower than 1680x1050 (my screen's res) or else it stays windowed and the screen goes black.

Now I'm not completely sure, but I think I have higher framerate with crossfire disabled too.
'm guessing that these issues will be fixed when the game's out, though.

For anyone wondering, I have installed the BF3 Beta patch.

Anyways. Outside of the bugs, I'm having lots of fun with this, and this will probably be one of my least favourite maps too!

zlatko

Banned
Is this game still down? I've been trying for over 3 hours now to get into a game and I just sit a joining server...

zlatko

Banned
Manager said:
Been playing for the last 2 hours.

Ugh WTF?! I reset my PC, nothing has changed since I played yesterday. I tried using 2 different browsers... nothing.

Fucking god damn stupid.

Manager said:
He's saying that being on an unauthorized server may comprimise your account, meaning they may steal your account. Your stolen account can then be used to cheat in games or try to exploit games. Those actions can obviously result in your account being banned. You're not being banned for joining a server, but you're held responsible for your account's actions. Obviously, if it gets stolen, you probably can mail EA and they'll reset your account and unban you.

Regarding stats on the server, if a player rise 50 levels by cheating on one server by infinity rockets, then maybe that person deserve to be banned. Trying it out once is one thing, but exploiting it is just a form of cheating. Most cheats come from a form of bug anyway.
Hm, ok. That's better.

I don't know if someones whole account should be banned for cheating in one game. Ban him from the multiplayer of that game, but don't lock his whole account with games that were payed for.

Jironimo said:
I'm trying to play this beta on xbox 360. I haven't been able to play this game. I've been trying for days but it keeps asking me to create an EA account, even when I try to create the account it gives me an error.

I select multiplayer from the main menu, I then immediately get 2 dialog boxes asking me to accept terms, then the 3rd dialog box is asking me to create an EA account. I can enter information, leave it blank, select continue, select cancel, no matter what it says error after that and I can't continue.

I've tried everything. Re-downloading the beta, deleting my game save, restarting the xbox, signing up for an EA account with several email addresses, and nothing works. Any ideas?
try playing a different EA game first?

Manager

ClosingADoor said:
Hm, ok. That's better.

I don't know if someones whole account should be banned for cheating in one game. Ban him from the multiplayer of that game, but don't lock his whole account with games that were payed for.

People have been mad about that. I think that if you were banned from the Bioware forums (trolling or whatever), you'd also be banned from your games. Complete lunacy, don't know if they fixed that.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=424081

itsgreen said:
I love when it when I am defending and people try to rush through my machine gun-alley. Points and ribbons everywhere!

Support? Got any protips for that? I think that'll be my class. Just started, just unlocked the M249 and soon C4. Any fun unlocks in the first ~15 levels? Mines?

I saw this Support guide:
http://ps3.mmgn.com/Articles/Battlefield-3-Support-Kit-Unlock-Guide

Are the weapons progressively good, or just different? Seems like the PKP PECHENEG is next.

Speaking of rampage, epic one at 3:50:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7o7ln9RUWU#t=03m48s

Binabik15

God damn, with the SMAW and the PP2000 I just turned a door into a slaughterhouse.

Double kills, kill streaks etc. Enemies rushed to the door and my notifications and ribbons didn´t stop. Two PDW, Combat Efficency, Laser Sight Unlocked, it was crazy. And I got Best Engineer. One of the few games I finished with a positive K/D ratio, I have a habit of dying to cheap deaths/wonky cover.

Next round I RPG7´d two snipers AND their beacon on the lame "sniper hill" in one go, pretty awesome.

I encountered and died to Wall-E or whatever that bot is called. How can you tell it´s friend or foe? Do you need rockets to kill it, I fired one at it to no effect.

Edit: holy shit at that PKM streak. How many bullets do you need to kill, they drop like flies.

red731

I am hyper coffee squirell assault class, that revives wherever I can and love to take enemy dog tags.
I love how people are focusing on the biggest fights and leave all the other routes unprotected = going behind enemy backs and stabity stab.

I had four kills kill streak with knife haha. I almost wanted to shot, but screamed NO! and proceeded with my silent kill marathon.

Enjoying the PC beta once I got a decent connection (ISP has been shit all weekend).
Especially loved the subway bits of Metro where you have to dig in to advance. Really affords actual tactical play. Spawn points are a bit of a mess though as we litterally kept spawning in front of the enemy and no one could take it out. Then again, that kind of speaks about how shitty the team was. You still have dudebros playing this like CoD. REAAALY wish they could get rid of Kills/Deaths =/

It's fun, but indeed pretty damn buggy.

One more thing, Kudos to DICE with Battlelog. I never thought I'd by into the whole browser based launcher, but when it works, it works and I don't wanna go back.

Top Bottom