• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Binabik15

Deadbeat said:

Not bad. The last game I played a few days ago severel opponents were lying on their backs in kill cam, shaking violently and guns shooting everywhere. That was even funnier than "all my friends are dead" pose, I thought. That was only one game, though.

The number one graphical glitches that annoy me are the holy cross bipods and weapon attachments floating in the air.

Binabik15 said:
Not bad. The last game I played a few days ago severel opponents were lying on their backs in kill cam, shaking violently and guns shooting everywhere. That was even funnier than "all my friends are dead" pose, I thought. That was only one game, though.

The number one graphical glitches that annoy me are the holy cross bipods and weapon attachments floating in the air.

also the rising jesus on the cross revive glitch

Woo-Fu

Banned
red731 said:
hahaha what? somewhere I can see that? :D

When you're dead sometimes the enemy medics will be running around with both arms straight out and slowly rising whenever they use the defib.

I find it odd that I'm even asking this but we will be able to mute individual people in the retail right? Can PC folks mute in the beta?

user friendly said:
I find it odd that I'm even asking this but we will be able to mute individual people in the retail right? Can PC folks mute in the beta?

They've confirmed that you can mute people in the Retail version.

Woo-Fu

Banned
user friendly said:
Can PC folks mute in the beta?

I made it to level 45 in the PC beta without hearing a single person speak. Used Teamspeak when playing with friends but nary a word was heard from the pubbies.

Binabik15

Damn, killed a lvl 40 guy and took his DOA-12 and revolver, but I died a couple of minutes later before a single guy showed up to be killed. I was shot through a dumpster, stupid hit detection.

Only played two games today and I can´t get kills. I can shoot and kill people well enough, but there´s noone there to be killed! Seems like everyone gets picked off by the lvl 40+ snipers/supports before they even come close to me and my lil PP2000. They finished with up to 23 kills in the first set of m-coms when the game ended, I got five or so. Next game 3.

Should I play to get the PKM or the grenade launcher? I´d like the robot, but I´ll never play enough in the beta to get it.

Binabik15 said:
Should I play to get the PKM or the grenade launcher? I´d like the robot, but I´ll never play enough in the beta to get it.

Grenade launcher is way more useful when you get the smokes. But i wouldn't stress unlocks now, the beta ends monday.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Binabik15 said:
I can shoot and kill people well enough, but there´s noone there to be killed! Seems like everyone gets picked off by the lvl 40+ snipers/supports before they even come close to me and my lil PP2000. .
There's your problem, you're waiting for them to come to you. Most of the players who lead the scoreboard are the ones pushing forward, forcing engagements. If you can't see the enemy respawn on the first area of Metro you're playing too far back to get a lot of kills.

Luken

Will we get to keep the dogtags we have taken on the beta in the final game?

Because I have a bunch of dogtags that I got from many snipers and campers, and I don't want to lose my precious dogtags. :D

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Luken said:
Will we get to keep the dogtags we have taken on the beta in the final game?

Because I have a bunch of dogtags that I got from many snipers and campers, and I don't want to lose my precious dogtags. :D
People who knifed me after popping out of holes in the geometry do not deserve my tag.

Dilly

Banned
Ugh, the server browser.

-This server has some space!
*clicks on the server, player count changes to 32/32*

Rinse and repeat.

Manager

Dilly said:
Ugh, the server browser.

Rinse and repeat.

The "1-5"/5+ filters works fine now. Then you can order them in player count by clicking on that row (top). That way it's often several servers with 2-3 slots free. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of servers but it only seem to show 100 at once. Filters fix that.

iam220

Noisepurge said:
When you get shot at, you should have still a little time to react.

??? .. you do. Especially at long distances where it takes like 5+ shots to bring someone down. Up close its your standard "who sees who first", but that's the way it should be. It's that way in bc2 as well.

Maybe you're just not paying close enough attention to your health on the bottom right side, there are really no visual indicators like in bc2. I've been jumping between bc2 and the beta quite a bit these last few days and sure bf3 seems to have a noticeably higher base damage but they're still very similar. Especially if you use magnum ammo in bc2, which it seems like 80% of the players do.

Dilly said:
Ugh, the server browser.

Rinse and repeat.

Quick match is your friend. Set your filters to 1-5 free slots and do a quick match, when it finds a game for you just click it to make sure the ping is ok and join. Couldn't be easier.

SonnyBoy

I didn't know there was a beta, I excitedly downloaded it from the marketplace but could not find a session. Am I missing something? lol

Pennybags said:
But smoke grenades interfere with the IR scope...?
When I set my smoke traps I just wait for my victims come closer so I can see them through the IR scope and pick em off. I always switch to single shot and I also use a silencer, shits so good.

Calibur

In the PS3 beta I can hear my own footsteps walking and running, but i can't hear the footsteps of a close running enemy, which is odd! :/

Will this be fixed in the final game?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dilly said:
Ugh, the server browser.

Rinse and repeat.
The player count hardly updates in the main window. The count on the right by the server information is usually more accurate.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Played 5 or 6 matches. Didn't care for it. The gunplay is shit and the objective was completely uninteresting and not worth caring about. It'd only get worse when you include vehicles.

Calibur

Calibur said:
In the PS3 beta I can hear my own footsteps walking and running, but i can't hear the footsteps of a close running enemy, which is odd! :/

Will this be fixed in the final game?

kcHUn.jpg

Sweet the Battlefield team are on to it!

ii Stryker said:
How does one unlock smoke exactly? Is it after so many kills with the m320 shotgun?
Get kills with the m320 nades. I got darts and smoke nades from getting kills with the 320's regular nades.

If I'm not mistake the assualt class will have access to the M26 MASS which holds shotgun shells. I wonder if we'd be able to use the nade launcher along side the M26 MASS. If we can use both the nade launcher and the M26 MASS that'd make the assualt class a force to be reckon with and that'd be a good thing imo because I don't see enough assault class players :(

Menelaus

Banned
Brian Fellows said:
Played 5 or 6 matches. Didn't care for it. The gunplay is shit and the objective was completely uninteresting and not worth caring about. It'd only get worse when you include vehicles.
You're very wrong, but I ain't mad.

woober

LEGGZZZZ said:
the claymores suck in this game. Enemy has to run EXACTLY over it to detonate.

Good news for anyone who remembers how freaking OP they were in BF2. Everyone hated the shit out of claymores.

kitch9

Banned
Binabik15 said:
Damn, killed a lvl 40 guy and took his DOA-12 and revolver, but I died a couple of minutes later before a single guy showed up to be killed. I was shot through a dumpster, stupid hit detection.

Only played two games today and I can´t get kills. I can shoot and kill people well enough, but there´s noone there to be killed! Seems like everyone gets picked off by the lvl 40+ snipers/supports before they even come close to me and my lil PP2000. They finished with up to 23 kills in the first set of m-coms when the game ended, I got five or so. Next game 3.

It's not hit detection, rather the complexity of lag.

LEGGZZZZ

woober said:
Good news for anyone who remembers how freaking OP they were in BF2. Everyone hated the shit out of claymores.

I guess that's the reason why. I mean, I don't want to run around in a battlefield littered with claymores, but man unlocking that was disappointing.

AndyD

aka andydumi
LEGGZZZZ said:
I guess that's the reason why. I mean, I don't want to run around in a battlefield littered with claymores, but man unlocking that was disappointing.

I imagine they will be useful in corridors like the Metro map, but not too overpowered like they were before.

Manager said:
wtf... what kind of answer is that.

I figure they're trying to put it as a downside...but then, why can you turn it off at all in the first place if that was the intention.

Anyway, maybe they are in a bad mood, after all the game isn't even on Gold and we are less than 3 weeks away from release.

Top Bottom