• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Izayoi

Banned
DarkSoul520 said:
So, what is everyone's ranks and how many hours have you put in?

I'm rank 10 on PS3 with about maybe 6 or 7 hours?
mcduffykuul.png

so how do you mute people on ps3?

Joined a game and some guy had there mic next to a rocket or something. just quit the game and joined another one because I couldnt turn the guys mic off.

iam220

Deadly said:
I posted about this earlier in the thread too. Another member said that client-side detection is actually better than server side and I really can't understand how that can be. The video pretty much speaks for itself.

Well .. with client-side hit detection you get bullshit deaths, with server side you get bullshit misses. Server side is also harder to notice when it doesn't work the way you'd except it, since most people will just think they missed due to recoil or something.

I prefer client-side with say a max compensation of say 100ms. Sure I may die when I'm supposed to be behind cover but it's an fps and shooting is first and foremost and I like to hit what I'm aiming at.

Izayoi

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Idk how the hell you're able to win so many games with all the tards that play this game. You must only play with friends and gaf or something.
Whats your battlelog name?
AvalonDrew. I only play with friends.

Izayoi

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh xbox

it all makes sense now
PC version isn't much harder. My profile is all weird because it's mostly my friends who have played on it, and after Caspian I wasn't much in the mood to go back to Metro.

supersaw

The only fun part of Metro is the bit at the ticket gates the rest I could care less for. I really despise EA's marketing tactics with this release.

I buy battlefield games for big open maps with vehicle combat not corridor dolphin diving. At times it feels like they're just trying to troll their core fanbase. Apart from trying to win people over from that other game I don't see a logical reason in not wanting to stress test the big maps.

MNC

Yeah I'm really burned out on Metro now. Played like one game last night and it was laggy. Might jump in during the weekend for the heck of it but no Caspian is leaving a sour taste. Thankfully I did get a bit of Caspian when it was still available, so the game will be bought in the future. Waiting on that steam rumor to come through now :p

Longshot

supersaw said:
The only fun part of Metro is the bit at the ticket gates the rest I could care less for. I really despise EA's marketing tactics with this release.

I buy battlefield games for big open maps with vehicle combat not corridor dolphin diving. At times it feels like they're just trying to troll their core fanbase. Apart from trying to win people over from that other game I don't see a logical reason in not wanting to stress test the big maps.
Agreed.

It's like they're trying to troll/piss off there core fanbase. Definitely not a good idea if they're trying to win over the CoD crowd.

Izayoi

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Ohhh, you're on the 360?
I thought those were PC stats
They might as well be. Both versions are stupid easy as it is right now, what with all the idiots running around. I imagine it will be a little more fair come launch but right now it's a fucking joke.

Stantron

Ok, I've got a few questions/comments...
- How come I can't set a key binding for "crouch/prone[hold]"? I assume this is for press once for crouch, hold for prone, right?
- The key bindings for mouse will surely be available in the full game, right?
- Why does the game ask my to hold space bar to confirm being revived? All that does is make me stand up from prone to expose myself to more enemy fire. Also, it doesn't seem to ask me every time.
- On the score board, your orange bar, squad mates are green, what's the white bar, squad leader?
- The final score board should just show all players on the screen instead of putting a scroll bar there as if there's not enough room to fit them all.
- Final score board should show a class icon next to each name for which class that person used (if multiple, then the one used for the most time).
- When respawning, tt's annoying that it shows "deploy" yet it's not selectable for a couple seconds. Keep it hidden until it's immediately ready.
- I don't understand unlocks. Battlelog shows that I have the M16A4 for assault class yet in game it's not there. Pretty sure I searched for both team sides. Same for a recent unlock, the M320. (edit: i realize now that the M320 takes a gadget slot).
- I don't have a headset. Only 2.1 setup. But I can't hear footsteps at all, enemy or friendly. Not sure what's going on there.

I don't think i want to play too much anymore, save the rest and the pain of resetting of the stats to the actual game :p

bf3betastats.jpg

Juancho9 said:
BF3 health is perfect, I don't understand why anyone else would think otherwise.

Because the Battlefield way has always been a more tactical one, not a reflex shooter.

funkystudent said:
so how do you mute people on ps3?

You can't mute them at all. But this has been said to be available in the final game. In Bad Company 1&2 you couldn't mute anyone :/

mr_nothin

Banned
After analyzing the data from our first round of closed Caspian Border tests, we have great news for participants in the Battlefield 3 PC Open Beta: the DICE team has decided to bring back Caspian Border for the beta’s final weekend and conduct an open large scale test of the 64 player Caspian Border map.

*****Please keep in mind that as this is beta we will be stress testing our servers***** As such, users may experience crashes, network instability and outages as we roll out and configure servers and network utilities. Understand that such potential issues and the testing environment are not reflective or indicative of the final product and that, through your participation, you will be helping to ensure future stability and functionality.

As we are again specifically testing 64-player server configurations, this test will be for PC only. The Caspian Border servers will be available for all PC players to join. Caspian Border will be available starting Friday, October 7th, in the afternoon (CET).
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2826564925967583255/

:D

jorma

is now taking requests
Seeing as i will be in Amsterdam the entire weekend; do we know for sure that the beta ends on the 10th?

demolitio

We called this before we knew Caspian was even in the beta, but once we played it on the beta build, it became pretty clear that it was coming for us all the last week of the beta.

jorma said:
Seeing as i will be in Amsterdam the entire weekend; do we know for sure that the beta ends on the 10th?

That's the date given. But some betas have been known to be extended after the initial period.

Arcipello

Told you so!!! ;-p guess who has the day off also:-D

Also someone needs to change tge thread title to include caspian epicness!

red731

Maybe I could download it and play it on laptop,
but I don't want to go through the origin registration.
I will be mainly on ps3 so.

Have fun guys and Arcipello - take atleast some hundreds of pictures or even videos!

Sethos, I saw that picture, but now I spilled water all over my workplace xD

mr_nothin

Banned
New server up! No pass needed
EDIT: Damn, it's already full lol

Welp, im off to enjoy more caspian
EDIT2: GOT DAMMIT disconnected lol

Enkidu

Franklinator said:
Wait, only on PC?

Nooooooooo!
Only the PC beta actually included the map I believe, which is probably why it's not included in the console beta. Although it would probably be nice if they showed off some console conquest before the release of the game, because so far it's hard to tell how much the mode will be affected by the changes.

Top Bottom