• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Menelaus said:
It's a pub in a beta, dood. It's all about pissing off the pubbies and griefing in jets!!!

I guess. I couldn't figure out what the hell everyone else was doing.. I had joined the match and made to 1st on leaderboard almost immediately while defending B (Hilltop) then got ran through by a squad of butthole spawners. Jets... Ok, I go with the AA Tank. I can take out Helicopters, no problem. Jets... I can't hit them. Is there a secret I don't know? spent an entire round earlier today taking out choppers but can barely scratch Jets...

Menelaus

Banned
It's like the hit notification doesn't work when shooting jets. I definitely got one smoking with AA and never saw a hit marker.

Just unlocked the engineer's A-91 Carbine and I really like it. Def going to be one of my fav weapon when retail hit. Seems like the next unlock is not available in beta, javlin (sp?).

I wish they gave you more mines, even with the ammo perk You only have three.

Enosh

DSN2K said:
you need to be more aware of your surroundings, what is to be fair to you currently difficult due to the shite mini map.
I don't know about you, but I can't spot a guy lying in a bush from some, idk, 50? ingame meters away and it's not like most people actually bother to press Q in this game
FStop7 said:
yea broski how will you ever prestige if you can't get your k/d up
lololol because I play cod and I am stupid and don't know BF lololo
you are hilarious

Jas

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Just unlocked the engineer's A-91 Carbine and I really like it. Def going to be one of my fav weapon when retail hit. Seems like the next unlock is not available in beta, javlin (sp?).

I wish they gave you more mines, even with the ammo perk You only have three.

You get 5 mines with the explosive perk.

outsida

Kahoona said:
Has anybody tried jets with an Xbox controller on the PC yet? Curious how much better it is.
The 360 controller works pretty well with all of the vehicles actually. Just make sure you adjust the bindings to your liking before hoping in and crashing.

DSN2K said:
£100m+ Tank

m1-tank-10.jpg

VS

AM21-201C.jpg

log is Victorious

32f5abc9661c2f1e709523127c0259ed3e1d0454.gif

Lol first thing I thought of when I saw this post:

RoTJ154138bright20.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
Caspian Border is just brutal on helicopters. It is one big bowl, nowhere to hide. I've got camo and flares now but never end up with a gunner who knows wtf he is doing.

He'll be shooting at an airplane instead of the Tunguska I've lined up nice and pretty.

Been getting alot of Lag, but it is a beta, to be expected, pretty funny when Im chasing someone in a jet, then all of sudden my jet is upside down in a tree.

Yeah, I get lagged out every time I die, can't spawn back in.

Finally got to play some Caspian. All I can say is holy shit this is amazing. Server was pretty laggy but I am very happy with how well my computer ran the game when it was full of people. The sound is just flat out amazing in this game.

timmytheman123 said:
Why are people so retarded? I don't get why people can't do simple things in this game like give out ammo and revive teammates.

I have a hunch there's quite a few non-regular Battlefield players in this open beta.

woober

timmytheman123 said:
Why are people so retarded? I don't get why people can't do simple things in this game like give out ammo and revive teammates.

Hopefully the command rose will solve all that. Spam the shit out of the guy next to you for ammo or health.

Makoto

woober said:
Hopefully the command rose will solve all that. Spam the shit out of the guy next to you for ammo or health.
I feel they really need to provide text-commands alongside the VO. Anyone requesting ammo or a healthpack gets lost in the useless BE ADVISED chatter. I could do my role's job so much better if I could see, "Need a medic!" or "Need ammo!" In the chat box.

Calibur

Ice Raven said:
its impossible to join servers now.

I just keep getting kicked out, they should of just added Caspian Border to the consoles as well, i can't be dealing with all glitche, crashy, failing drivers, CPU draining, Blue screen of death PC in-browser crap!

Xux

Kyaw said:
Stingers need to unlocked MUCH MUCH later than Jets unlock flares. Seriously.

I think a better solution would just be to balance them.

Or get rid of unlocks completely and have everything available at the start
and not charge for it
. 'Course, if they did that, a lot of people wouldn't have a reason to even play.

Violater said:
Uhm silly question, how do I use the stinger?

Aim to the objective, you'll see a marker and a sound, wait until the lock on is finished, shoot and enjoy.

And I can barely finish a match without getting disconnected fuck.

Also why the muse sensivity looks fucked on vehicles, I'm having a hard time aiming on any mounted vehicle.

using a 360 controller to fly just doesnt seem to work. Its almost like the sensitity sucks.

I also need to reconfigure the controls to something more akin to Ace combat.

Nesotenso

gibon3z said:
using a 360 controller to fly just doesnt seem to work. Its almost like the sensitity sucks.

I also need to reconfigure the controls to something more akin to Ace combat.

Hey which button on the controller makes you go prone ? and yeah planes are hard with the 360 controller.

Nesotenso said:
Hey which button on the controller makes you go prone ? and yeah planes are hard with the 360 controller.

Not sure I only tried to use the 360 controller to fly a jet. Infantry I switch back to mouse and keyboard.

How can I get to the point where I don't suck at B3? I'm posting 3-13 KDs (not a perfect measure of skill at all, but it demonstrates how terrible I've been playing)

J-Rock

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
How can I get to the point where I don't suck at B3? I'm posting 3-13 KDs (not a perfect measure of skill at all, but it demonstrates how terrible I've been playing)

Maybe you just haven't figured out the class/weapon type that's best for you. Change things up. Might stumble onto a better setup.

Top Bottom