• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Woo-Fu

Banned
Vincent Alexander said:
Time for some all-around feedback: what are people's favorite classes and weapons? I'm not getting a good vibe going with anything in particular yet.

Most popular weapon: the chUMP
Most popular class: Anything that can wield the chUMP

Makoto

So I guess a joystick will actually be needed to fly an air vehicle this time. Handling the jet and chopper feels like I'm playing on 0.01 sensitivity. BC2's choppers are more lenient on the sensitivity than BF3's. The low sensitivity when handling vehicles is just frustrating.

Stantron

Violater said:
I don't think my brain is wired for KB and mouse, not for this type of game atleast
Neither is mine, but I've been doing a lot better in a few hours of practice. I've remapped the buttons a few times, so I'm having to relearn again each time. But I think I've settled on one setup I'm comfortable with.

demolitio

It's really weird for the A-10 to be the one to have two seats, but I guess they really want to make it a ground attack jet with teamwork. I figured they'd have a two-seater F-18 on some maps similar to their SP campaign.

Actually, as of 2005, I know there were only a few made and it was meant as a night adverse weather variant but the expenses killed the program and newer one-seaters were made instead.

That's pretty weird to do that to an iconic plane like that...

Edit: Actually, only TWO were made period in the early days of the A-10 and they never left the states. They're basically based off the early models and was used as a test more than anything. :/

The gatling effect is also pretty underwhelming since you can hear that come from a mile away and can stall the plane it's so powerful. Sounds like the same sound as the jets in the beta now so hopefully it's temporary.

Damn Caspian border seems to be a considerable graphical upgrade over Metro. It also seems better optimized for outdoors sections. Lab is out of this world terrible though. Hopefully it gets better as info from the servers starts coming in to DICE.

Rezbit

WTF, playing through whole games and doing really well then get disconnected right when the team wins. Happened about 5 times now, so none of my stats were recorded or anything :| Hope this shit is fixed in retail.

mr_nothin

Banned
IDK wtf they did but Im not really experiencing any more "go to prone and still die" deaths. Seems like they improved on hit detection some (minus 1 hit kills).

*On Metro

Caspian border is glorious...but while it is glorious....I really can't figure out these flight controls....WTF?!?

Also, does anyone know if I hook up the 360 controller to my pc...will it work with that?

LOL...man...flying helicopters AND planes seem impossible with mouse and keyboard

Link0080

Anytime I hop into a jet I press play on my keyboard so it starts to play Danger Zone, feel like a badass lol. Also I feel like jets are much easier to control with a 360 controler. Add me on battlelog for some PC play, Link0080.

Holy fuck shittnigkaboodles. Just finished a round with Gaffers when I shot LordCanti( whilst dogfighting in a Jet) straight from the sky. Shit was kraaaaaaaaaaazzzzy.

Kyaw

A-10 with two seats? wtfisthisshit.jpg

I was hoping for F/A-18Fs with two seats and A-10 with one seat...

Well, at least we get a two seater jet for some awesome teamplay/squadplay!

demolitio

Kyaw said:
A-10 with two seats? wtfisthisshit.jpg

I was hoping for F/A-18Fs with two seats and A-10 with one seat...

Well, at least we get a two seater jet for some awesome teamplay/squadplay!
I guess we made it just for the war in BF3. :p

Yea, I figured one F-18 would have two seats on certain maps but the A-10 being a two-seater boggles my mind. It's like the one thing in the game that was completely meant for one person to do yet they add two to it just for the hell of it. I wonder what the side profile of the jet looks like now.

I'll be pissed if you have to rely on your gunner/navigator/whatever they're calling it too much while you only get the cannon or some bullshit like that. I hate having to rely on another teammate in a game where no one coordinates anyway so don't add it to a vehicle that isn't even supposed to have it.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
MuseManMike said:
Please fix spotting. Make it useful.
Sometimes when trying to spot someone I hear a "ding" sound or something, what is that?

Also I wish they'd give a little xp for spotting.

Kyaw

sykoex said:
Sometimes when trying to spot someone I hear a "ding" sound or something, what is that?

Also I wish they'd give a little xp for spotting.

That is probably the game telling you to stop spamming the spot button.

mr_nothin

Banned
I LOVE the way this game looks with SGSSAA + A few tweaks :D
ibd6YiFRpIaCvO.bmp

iSJX84SFCB2y.bmp

iVMeWK68MnPxd.bmp

iRChfycpTlmZg.bmp

ibzJhKyWOR41TW.bmp

i4hDAXdkimpj6.bmp

i2skofE1tfasu.bmp

iXpmKL5pWZJtX.bmp

Top Bottom