• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Gravijah

PjotrStroganov said:
Jets are easy to fly....IF THEY ACTUALLY ALLOW ME TO INVERT THE Y AXIS!

Looking forward to when people start carrying laser targets. It should make those tanks even more vulnerable.

skrrrrrrrt, hold up a minute.

you can't invert the y axis?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
PjotrStroganov said:

Looking forward to when people start carrying laser targets. It should make those tanks even more vulnerable.
Beep.. beep.. beep.. back it up.

No inverted controls?

Mit-

Nabs said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432590

You can find it cheaper at Micro Center, but you'll have to find one first.
Oh you're right. Well, too late. I went ahead and bought it :p Only $10 cheaper than MicroCenter. I'm sure it was still a good price. Looked it up on eBay and used ones were going for $170...

And good shit on that thread D: I'm not gonna lie I haven't been around GAF for too long and typically turtle in the same threads, but this is nice. Will be strongly considering the rest of the components of that enhanced build, and it's nice to already have some motherboard recommendations to go along with this.

Longshot

Surprised you guys are having trouble on your new rigs, mine is 2 years old and I'm running at a solid 60 fps on medium with a few settings on high.

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
8 GB RAM
ATi Radeon HD 5850

No issues here.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anyone tried the game on a 5650 or something similar?

i5 m460 @2.53
4gb ram
win 7 64

Medium @ 1280x720, what say you gaf?

MrKnives

Sigma Storm said:
Surprised you guys are having trouble on your new rigs, mine is 2 years old and I'm running at a solid 60 fps on medium with a few settings on high.

Intel Core i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz
8 GB RAM
ATi Radeon HD 5850

No issues here.

I think it's more about people trying to force Ultra settings, at least partly and it's not going too well

Edit: Corky didn't you have a killer comp?

Bear

Mit- said:
Yeah, Ultra would be nice, but I don't want to spend $500 a piece on a processor and videocard :(

Also, I admit that I am unsure of the intricacies of the i5's and i7's. I assumed i7's would be better and just went straight to those. Is a high end i5 better than a lower end i7 for a similar price?

You have a a desktop i7? That's more than enough, I'm using the lowest end quad-core i7 on a laptop and I can play the game on ultra. Any desktop i7 is better, all you need is a good graphics card and 4 GB of RAM.

The GTX 560 that he mentioned is currently selling for $200 on Newegg and it comes with Arkham City for free. The rest of your desktop is most likely more than enough, and a GTX 560 should play anything on highest settings.

There's also a $110 card that's pretty good for the price. If you are willing to spend a little extra, I'd definitely recommend the 560 with a really good version of Arkham City. It's a very capable card, and worth the upgrade.

Corky

MrKnives said:
I think it's more about people trying to force Ultra settings, at least partly and it's not going too well

Edit: Corky didn't you have a killer comp?

:3, this is my laptop bromeo. Thinking about giving it to my kidbrother and spare him a low-tier pc purchase if this laptop can run D3 ( which it can, tried the beta on it and d3 is quite easy to run ) and BF3 on par with consoles.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
PjotrStroganov said:

Gravijah said:
skrrrrrrrt, hold up a minute.

you can't invert the y axis?

PjotrStroganov said:
Stick down is nose down:(

Funnily, mouse down is nose up.

sykoex said:
Beep.. beep.. beep.. back it up.

No inverted controls?

Config file edit

- Config File Location C:\Users\Username\Documents\Battlefield 3 Open Beta\settings

Flight inversion:
Set:

Scheme1FlipY 1
Scheme1FlipCameraY 1

Nabs

Er... remember people: The settings file has to be edited with something like notepad++ and not regular notepad. You can also change your fov from 70 to 90.

Corky

Nostalgia~4ever said:
if metro is the worst BF map ever, Caspian is the best BF map ever. So polarizing.

Good thing they screwed it all up and only let a trickle of caspian servers through during the first days of the beta and then remove it completely only to go " SURPRISE CASPIAN! " 2-3 days before the beta closes.

I guess they REALLY wanted the test-results from metro... pos map.

PjotrStroganov said:

WHAT?... with flying that is the biggest MUST on history

finally some place where I can snipe with ease and without someone whipping my balls. Now we're talking

also, still no way to grab some ingame screenshots eh? My 6990 is buuurning

Anasui Kishibe said:
finally some place where I can snipe with ease and without someone whipping my balls. Now we're talking

also, still no way to grab some ingame screenshots eh? My 6990 is buuurning

I use MSI afterburner to capture shots

Ysiadmihi

Banned
As fun as the jets can be, I really wish they weren't in Caspian Border. The helicopters would be so much more beneficial to the team, but they can't really do anything with the jets around.

It bears repeating, Caspian has renewed my interest in the beta and the game itself. Thinking back, its amazing how much Metro soured me on the game, I even considered not getting it.

Caspian is pure Battlefield. A well designed map, not perfect, but very very nice. Each CP it's it's own little discreet battlezone, with fields, forests, rivers, and roads between them that are just a joy to traverse and advance upon.

My biggest gripe is that what's going on in the air seems almost completely removed from the ground war.

Battlefield 3 begs for its El Alamein! I NEED THIS.

Deadly

I feel bad when GAF invites me all the time but I'm always in a party with friends already =( Sorry guys!

I encountered a funny bug yesterday, we somehow were 5 in a squad :lol First time me and my 2 friends ever managed to get into the same squad. Too bad it started lagging like shit after.

Wazzim said:
That's pretty lame, I don't mind snipers if they are somewhere where you can actually shoot them. If only we had proper voice chat so that we could have the choppers/planes shooting them off that thing.
I think it's awesome.

They're using the full potential of the map.

Isn't this what BF players want? They always ridicule the lack of openness in COD etc.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ysiadmihi said:
As fun as the jets can be, I really wish they weren't in Caspian Border. The helicopters would be so much more beneficial to the team, but they can't really do anything with the jets around.
I've never been killed by a jet. It's the stingers that are murdering all the air vehicles. Basically bizarro BF2.

leng jai said:
The forest...its so beautiful.

it's like two different design teams made caspian and metro. I am really liking the dense forest, I hope more maps utilize the lush environments.

metro - urban
caspian - open landscape
grand baazar - urban
firestrom - open landscape

we'll see what the rest can bring.

Kyaw

Woo-Fu said:
Cry me a river, get in a helicopter and see what real hell is.

Oh, i have. :p

My reaction:

fuck_that_guy_memesr5n.png

Hellcrow

Oh god, I know it is beta, but some of the bullshit that kills me in this game is frustrating. Especially on Caspian where I walk gazillion miles.

Top Bottom