• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Smokey said:
Alright. I did FRAPS in each section of Metro. The beginning in the park, the tunnel, and the city.

Park = Avg 46fps
Tunnel = 76 fps
City = 50fps

So it definitely drops when you're outside. This was on one 580, I disabled SLI. Ultra everything, highest AA etc. When I looked it was usually in the 45 or so range. Inside the tunnel that number might be skewed a bit as FRAPS was still running when I died and was viewing killcam, so FPS went up as it was only focusing on one player. For comparison with SLI I never dipped below 80fps outside. In the tunnel 100+.

So there you go.

Are there 4 graphical presets/options then?

Low-Medium-High-Ultra?

Just trying to get a feel for where the recommended specs are at, seeing as I more or less have that.

pelican

Ubersnug said:
Anyone in the UK received their Medal of Honor Tier 1 access codes for the 360 yet? Thought I might have had a wee surprise in my inbox this morning, but nothing :(

Ahh so I'm not the only one.

demolitio

AppleMIX said:
You can also be blinded by laser sites.
That was always fun to experience in the alpha in the underground section. Even after hours of playing it, getting blinded would always surprise you even if you expect it coming. Eventually it didn't really stop you from killing them unless under certain circumstances but it does save some lives.

The flashlight is really funny to see since there were two snipers looking down the tunnel with their flashlights on trying to stop anyone from shooting them before they could get their shots off. It was actually very effective until someone (me :p) figured out just to fire a few rockets downrange at them and rack up the kills. They kept trying it after that but I was their worst nightmare.

dogmanstaruk said:
So now I am fucked off.

No email despite owning the LE of MOH on my PS3.
Why? It's been said numerous times here that we won't see them until a little later. I think it should be around 4 or 5 hours now? Either way, we knew all day now that it wasn't going to be until midnight on one of the later timezones. We're all impatient right now but we expected not to have it in this case.

Broman1978

Can someone help me out?
I recieved a PS3 Code from Alxjn(Thanks mate)
Problem is that the code looks like this "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" And the "redeem my code"-page is looks like this "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" Is there a special place to redeem PS3 codes?

Nuborn

Broman1978 said:
Can someone help me out?
Problem is that the code looks like this "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" And the "redeem my code"-page is looks like this "xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx" Is there a special place to redeem PS3 codes?

ps3 store

Mush

Broman1978 said:
Can someone help me out?
PS3 codes are 12 digits long, so most likely you'll have to redeem it on the PS Store.

demolitio

Broman1978 said:
Can someone help me out?
I'm taking a guess that just goes straight on PSN under the "Redeem a Code" tab at the top of the PS Store.

red731

*silently whispers

any info about beta for us console peasants? is there any? ps3?

*fades to darkness

edit: oh, must have tier 1 i guess, PS+ won't do? Or will it? :D

Broman1978 said:
tried that... But the code is "wrong/not valid" when I try that.

Supposedly PS3 codes are not active as yet.

Broman1978 said:
Where do I redeem the PS3 code then? I clicked on the link from earlier posts but that only takes me to a 4 sets of 4 digits redeem...
=(

PSN Store when they are active.

I didn't think I'd care too much about early access but I do want it nowwww, haha.

Could somebody report how a single 2gb 6950 performs when they get the chance? Cheers.

Xux

red731 said:
*silently whispers

any info about beta for us console peasants? is there any? ps3?

*fades to darkness

edit: oh, must have tier 1 i guess, PS+ won't do? Or will it? :D

Open for everyone on the 29th. Just DL it off PSN.

Broman1978

Infinite Justice said:
Supposedly PS3 codes are not active as yet.
darth_vader_nooo1.jpg

Also, I'm watching some of this footage that has been posted. The gunplay certainly looks a lot better than in BC2. This leads me to think it will feel better also.

That's pretty much my biggest wish!

TKRunningRiot

Neo Member
Question.....will the early access code be sent to the email linked to my origin/battlefield account or the one associated with my Gamertag, since they are different email addresses?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
The_Player said:
The kill is waiting me!!!
The will is kaiting me.

Anyway, PC player here, I have both bought MOH AND Pre-ordered BF3 through Origin and I haven't got a key yet. Hopefully it'll arrive soon.

ghostmind

Let's say I was reeeeaaallllyyyy lazy and didn't key in my online pass code for MoH 360 LE until, say 30 minutes ago.

Am I screwed?

Ubersnug

ghostmind said:
Let's say I was reeeeaaallllyyyy lazy and didn't key in my online pass code for MoH 360 LE until, say 30 minutes ago.

Am I screwed?

Probably, as you had to have played online with it too

wwm0nkey

The Xtortionist said:
So I bought Medal of Honor on 360. Do I download the BF3 beta from the in-game store after it goes up?
They email you a key, if you just got it though you might be a bit late and it has to have the limited edition thing on it.

Top Bottom