• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Smokey

Something came up and I wasn't able to only try with one 580, and I have to (forcefully) go to bed for work. Sorry about that.

But you all will see in a few hours anyway :)

Actually fuck it, I'll do it real quick.

Smokey said:
Something came up and I wasn't able to only try with one 580, and I have to (forcefully) go to bed for work. Sorry about that.

But you all will see in a few hours anyway :)

Actually fuck it, I'll do it real quick.

Please lend me your account UN and Login while you sleep :)

I can't take this... it's okay juts general waiting, but when others are playing it RIGHT NOW and it's available for others and like it could be any moment now, I'm just beside myself just tick tocking away just fidgeting going EH EH EH EH

frozen-cartmanmj0y.jpg

Nizz

So this beta won't be available on PSN for MoH early access till the store updates? In the OP I saw 8:00am for MoH Limited Edition people.

Why do they need to send keys, when there is Origin, which has information about all the games registered on your account? It doesn't make any sense.

Smokey

Alright. I did FRAPS in each section of Metro. The beginning in the park, the tunnel, and the city.

Park = Avg 46fps
Tunnel = 76 fps
City = 50fps

So it definitely drops when you're outside. This was on one 580, I disabled SLI. Ultra everything, highest AA etc. When I looked it was usually in the 45 or so range. Inside the tunnel that number might be skewed a bit as FRAPS was still running when I died and was viewing killcam, so FPS went up as it was only focusing on one player. For comparison with SLI I never dipped below 80fps outside. In the tunnel 100+.

So there you go.

Nizz

shagg_187 said:
"Keys will be sent, around 1pm-3pm CET on PC and Xbox 360. Awaiting further messaging on PS3"

DAMN YOU, GRACE CHEN!
Fuck, I really hope we don't have to wait till the PSN store updates. That's gonna be a big download. I'd rather get it out of the way earlier in the day.

demolitio

Smokey said:
Alright. I did FRAPS in each section of Metro. The beginning in the park, the tunnel, and the city.

Park = Avg 46fps
Tunnel = 76 fps
City = 50fps

So it definitely drops when you're outside. This was on one 580, I disabled SLI. Ultra everything, highest AA etc. When I looked it was usually in the 45 or so range. Inside the tunnel that number might be skewed a bit as FRAPS was still running when I died and was viewing killcam, so FPS went up as it was only focusing on one player.

So there you go.
It was the same way for the alpha too. Outside ran a lot lower but then my FPS would double in the tunnel most of the time. Hell, I liked the tunnel section more just for the lighting alone. :p

I guess all the things it has to render out in the park outnumbers those narrow tunnels...I'm still wondering what I could pull off safely since I want to make sure the outside is at least 30FPS.

Salacious Crumb

Smokey said:

Park = Avg 46fps
Tunnel = 76 fps
City = 50fps

So it definitely drops when you're outside. This was on one 580, I disabled SLI. Ultra everything, highest AA etc. When I looked it was usually in the 45 or so range. Inside the tunnel that number might be skewed a bit as FRAPS was still running when I died and was viewing killcam, so FPS went up as it was only focusing on one player. For comparison with SLI I never dipped below 80fps outside. In the tunnel 100+.

So there you go.

It's not looking good for my single 6970 at 2560x1440.

Smokey

shagg_187 said:
Should be comparable to smokey's test a few posts above.

Not too sure about that. A 6850 will perform lower than my 580.

Game flows so smooth. Night and difference between this and the Alpha (had vehicle, different layout). Shit really feels like you're in a battle. No vehicles just straight gunplay. Good shit.

Salacious Crumb said:
It's not looking good for my single 6970 at 2560x1440.

If you want 60+ you'll have to get another card. I noticed immediately how much choppier it was at 40ish fps, than the 60+ I was playing at. At that resolution I'd guess high 30s for you outside.

JJD

Guys I'm a PS3 user here. Got MOH Tier 1 Limited Edition and everything. I have the game online pass on my account. How am I going to get the early beta? Anyone with a PS3 here got the client yet?

Ubersnug

Anyone in the UK received their Medal of Honor Tier 1 access codes for the 360 yet? Thought I might have had a wee surprise in my inbox this morning, but nothing :(

Top Bottom