• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

furfoots

Kentpaul said:
Anyone running this game on a 5770/6770 ?

Technically I'm running a laptop version (with 1gb) but it's the equivelant of a 5770 desktop.

The beta runs smoothly in single player I'm just having quite a lot of texture streaming hickups/judder. After playing for a minute or two all the juddering has gone as it's loaded most of the textures into memory. I guess this is a result of the almost non existant loading screens.

When things start getting hectic in 4 player co-op the framerate does jump around a bit, apart from that it's smooth sailing 60 fps.

bf3_2011-09-27_10-31-55-48_800.jpg

bf3_2011-09-27_10-31-20-82_800.jpg

Xux

Arcipello said:
where the hell are the PC emails!!! and is that caspian? is it part of the beta now?!

Not in the beta you're going to play if you're still waiting to get in.

demolitio

Moaradin said:
Is that a parachute I see?
Indeed it is!

On another note, I hope the other maps have a lot of ambiance and battles going on in the background. BC2 had some pretty good maps in that regard but needed more ambient sounds. Operation Metro in the alpha was neat to see the AA fire in the background as planes fly by dropping paratroopers.

endlessflood said:
Some pretty fucking horrendous camping going on there in the first 10 minutes, I hope that isn't how BF3 normally plays.

You didn't enjoy the wookies in their glory in BC2? :)

The X360 footage looks pretty good, obviously not the same visuals like a decent PC, but still very good. The 29th the PSN / Live is going to explode of the Battlefield 3 awesomeness

Xux

endlessflood said:
Some pretty fucking horrendous camping going on there in the first 10 minutes, I hope that isn't how BF3 normally plays.

I'm sure you could play differently if you wanted.

Izayoi

Banned
Xbox download is only 1.9GB.

And uh, I think I know why. It looks not quite as good as I was expecting.

Also, no console server browser in the beta. Matchmaking only.

demolitio

endlessflood said:
It all depends on the team, if you're playing with people you know, how new the people are, etc. Defenders will camp and no one should hate that, but you'll see a decent amount of attackers that camp too just like EVERY other game out there. It's like BC2 though where a select few of good players that go for objectives will end in a win. We had like 6 random guys come together and make a gameplan and then we steamrolled the defenders in the alpha when everyone else complains about how hard the map is. It just all relies on that APC and a good driver in my opinion.

But also keep in mind that this beta is NEW. Every player out there is new to the game and are just trying to learn the weapons, the map, etc. while trying to rank up a little bit. Very few people attacked in the beginning of the alpha in most of the games I played just because they wanted to understand the game first and didn't know how to play the map as attackers. Once they learned the game, it became a lot easier but you still had problems at times so it all depends on your team and a lot of other factors with each player.

Also, don't expect the support class to move up as much since they're meant to deploy their bipod and suppress the enemy. They usually only moved up so far until they had a good vantage point and then tried to disrupt the defenders from defusing the charges. Snipers will mostly play the same but even worse in that a lot of them just go for kills which is unfortunate, but the good snipers will also provide cover for the rushers and then defend the MCOMM to make sure no one defuses the charge. I took the scope off my sniper rifle and used it as a rushing weapon which was a lot of fun so that could happen too.

Basically, the game isn't at fault but it's all about how the players play. It's sad enough they had to change Op. Metro around in the first stage because it wasn't that bad if people cooperated and used the APC for what it's for. But they had to change it in the end which I understand.

The key will be to find a home server in the full game and play there along with any other servers you like. Once servers have regulars, it will be a lot easier to win as well as people feel comfortable with each other and the random TDM players just pass through to play on whatever server they can find with no ties to a particular one.

In short: Don't blame the game for how modern gamers play anymore. A lot of gamers these days only care about KDR and unlocking items and not about winning. But this game is suited towards teamwork and cooperation compared to other games where it's just mindless killing. There's plenty of that in BF3, but with a purpose. The BF franchise has more cooperation than any other shooter of its size.

pelican

Still no PS3 or PC code...

Why leave the issuing of the code to the last fucking minute? According to the time schedule it is launching in the UK in 2 hours, yet no codes have been sent out.

Seems kind of weird.

demolitio

dogmanstaruk said:
Still no PS3 or PC code...

Why leave the issuing of the code to the last fucking minute? According to the time schedule it is launching in the UK in 2 hours, yet no codes have been sent out.

Seems kind of weird.
Because you can redeem the code as soon as you get it therefore it would be pointless to give them out and technically launch later? The PS3 beta is the only one that can't immediately be redeemed.

We still haven't even hit the time yet anyway but people act like the codes should be here by now when they told us when to expect them...

demolitio said:
Because you can redeem the code as soon as you get it therefore it would be pointless to give them out and technically launch later? The PS3 beta is the only one that can't immediately be redeemed.

We still haven't even hit the time yet anyway but people act like the codes should be here by now when they told us when to expect them...
The codes SHOULD be here now, they are seperate to Battlelog.

The whole point of releasing codes early is so people can preload the Beta client ready for when Battlelog is opened up to play instead of thousands of people trying to hammer Origin at once.

demolitio

TheLegendOfMart said:
The codes SHOULD be here now, they are seperate to Battlelog.

The whole point of releasing codes early is so people can preload the Beta client ready for when Battlelog is opened up to play instead of thousands of people trying to hammer Origin at once.
People are playing it right now though by redeeming the keys they received through other ways though, right? We have a few people in here that had the PC version and some with the 360 version by redeeming their keys and downloading. The PC players would be using Battlelog to play right now so if you could redeem your key on Origin and download, then you could play. Correct?

The keys are separate to BL but that doesn't mean you couldn't play if you redeemed your key right now. And no, they shouldn't be here right now because they gave us a time that isn't even here yet. So they're not behind in any way possible yet people keep asking where their keys are when we've known for quite a while now...

I bought the SE of Medal of Honor for PS3.

If I'm not mistaken, the FAQ says the Beta will be downloadable for me in the PS Store 2 days before the open Beta starts... Is this correct? Or will they send me a key?

demolitio said:
People are playing it right now though by redeeming the keys they received through other ways though, right? We have a few people in here that had the PC version and some with the 360 version by redeeming their keys and downloading. The PC players would be using Battlelog to play right now so if you could redeem your key on Origin and download, then you could play. Correct?

The keys are separate to BL but that doesn't mean you couldn't play if you redeemed your key right now. And no, they shouldn't be here right now because they gave us a time that isn't even here yet. So they're not behind in any way possible yet people keep asking where their keys are when we've known for quite a while now...
No.

Battlelog isnt enabled, the people with screenshots are playing a seperate closed beta.

Yes they did give us a time, they said between Midnight and early hours of the morning for keys

DSN2K

I have a feeling we might just ge to play Caspian...maybe last few days of the Beta Dice will give us a taste of conquest.

Rainy Dog

Trust me folks, it's there. Downloading now.

I bought MOH Tier 1, redeemed online pass, played it online etc. but haven't received any BF3 related emails at all. So it should be the same for everyone else.

demolitio

TheLegendOfMart said:
No.

Battlelog isnt enabled, the people with screenshots are playing a seperate closed beta.

Yes they did give us a time, they said between Midnight and early hours of the morning for keys
No. They gave us a new time on Twitter that basically confirmed the time on the OT here. So it's not some random time if they gave us a time of around 1-3PM CET. That's a very specific window... And no, there are people playing the same beta as us through keys that were given away and they can only play Metro too while others in a separate beta have Caspian to play as well.

But there are people on the exact same beta right now playing with the little number of people that have it. Preloading would have been nice but there's no point if you can play as soon as it's done downloading just like some have already.

People wondering where their keys are before the announced timeframe doesn't make much sense because you know the timeframe it's coming in...I'm impatient as anyone else but I'm not expecting something before the time we were given...

Norml

Broman1978 said:
"This Content cannot be accessed on your account"...:WTF!!!!! (Sweden)
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dLPnjb8eETw/S2cn235qj1I/AAAAAAAAAFE/Vod0w7SZV5I/s320/angry_cat1-300x316.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

haha at cat

Taurus

I bet this has been asked many times, but I got MOH Tier 1 edition for Xbox 360. Should I be expecting an early access beta code or not? :eek:

Top Bottom