• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

Izayoi

Banned
EA servers are sketched out, at least on the Xbox 360 version. Lots of "service unavailable" and disconnects.

Going to get some sleep and see if they have stabilized by then.

The_Player said:
It is. This morning (evening to me) is first access, for MoH and BF3 pre-order owners

But that's for Medal of Honor buyers and Origin preorders, right?

I'm speaking of the open to all beta...that's the 29th right?

AIP

Broman1978 said:
"This Content cannot be accessed on your account"...:WTF!!!!! (Sweden)
angry_cat1-300x316.jpg

That´s strange, I´m downloading it right now. I´m at 50 %.

derFeef

zephervack said:
So just woke up (5 am here) for nothing, this is going to be a messy launch, no email and nothing appears on Origin.
Don't expect codes until ~2 hours from now on. Then they will start sending them out.

Binabik15

Question: how does Origin work?

I have logged into it with my existing EA account details, now I can browse games to buy. It says it´ll combine my accounts in the next few weeks. There´s no library section that I can see, does that pop up once you register your BF3 with it (I preordered a physical copy).

To see my registered EA games, I have to switch to the EA site.

I don´t want the 29th to drop the public beta and me being left out because I don´t understand Origin or my accounts haven´t had pixie dust added by EA.

LEGGZZZZ

dogmanstaruk said:
yeah mate.

Welp, enjoy man! I remember debating which version to get, and went with the 360 :(. Oh well, can you post some impressions on how it looks on the PS3? Would be much appreciated.

The shadows and character details are pretty horrible on both consoles :/ As it stands, Crysis 2, Gears 3, Uncharted 3, and likely Crysis "remastered" are looking better IMO.

I wonder how close to the final build this beta is.

Rainy Dog

DSN2K said:
I have a feeling we might just ge to play Caspian...maybe last few days of the Beta Dice will give us a taste of conquest.

I expect so too, on PC at least. Possibly first week Operation Metro, second week Caspian.

Don't know about consoles though. The beta sizes disparity (4.9gb PC vs 1.1gb PS3) suggests Caspian is ready at the flick of a server switch for the PC but would require an additional download/patch for consoles...

Marco1

Cannot wait for this, just received £40 for my LE gears of war 3 on ebay and pre-ordered this for PC.
MY GTX580 is ready!!!!
Looks great.

iSimon

It'll speed up once the swarm reaches 100%, currently everyone is sitting at 65%. My seedbox is downloading it at 600kb/s and seeding at 21mb/s.

OdysseusVA said:
The shadows and character details are pretty horrible on both consoles :/ As it stands, Crysis 2, Gears 3, Uncharted 3, and likely Crysis "remastered" are looking better IMO.

I agree.

Then again the guillotine 360 trailer looked like a top echelon visuals for console. Mutiplayer is typically not visually impressive.

Sudden jump up to ~250kb/s.

Now what's this about adding the official EA download link to the torrent to download twice as fast? That sounds really weird and impossible (I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, however)

LEGGZZZZ

OdysseusVA said:

I wonder how close to the final build this beta is.

I'm going to guess this is probably final. Never expected the beta to look as good as those exclusive titles, but you think it looks worse than Crysis 2 multiplayer?

iSimon

blahblah...blah said:
Sudden jump up to ~250kb/s.

Now what's this about adding the official EA download link to the torrent to download twice as fast? That sounds really weird and impossible (I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff, however)
It won't download twice as fast but if someone adds a direct link to the same file it will fall back to that link as a backup if the number of seeders drops.

It's called a Web-Seed.

gl0w

magicaltrevor said:
Great!

Solid framerate?
What about tearing?

Very solid, indeed. And i didnt notice any tearming for now.
Also, the game is very smooth, more than BC2 for sure.

Well, i really glad i will get the PS3 version. The destruction, is gorgeous!

pelican

Just played my first game on PSN.

Looks and feels nice. Definately helped knowing the general map layout from playing the alpha.

gl0w

LEGGZZZZ said:
YES!! Anymore visual/performance details? Hows the matchmaking?

Lots of effects, very detailed environment. The matchmakind is fast, but well, first time i got in a empty game. Few seconds later people started to join.

Top Bottom