• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 Beta: Info and Meetups [Over]

LordCanti

Somnia said:
Running origin in admin may not have done shit, but I couldn't get games to load in battle log, when I closed everything and started over it worked. Don't know what else to tell ya.

I don't have a code yet. I assume you do?

Smokey said:
I'm going to disable SLI and play with one 580. I'll be back with the results.

Any chance you could disable two cores as well? :p

(My E8500 needs to hear some good news ;_;)

Nekrono

Izayoi said:
The 2500k and 2600k are identical as far as gaming is concerned.

Smokey said:
You're fine. 2600k just allows for Hyper Threading (doesn't really have an effect on game performance). Other than that they are the same.

LordCanti said:
2500 and 2600 are nearly identical (if not completely identical) in game.
Yeah I know, what I meant is that I was hoping he was being CPU 'bottleneck'd' and that gave my single 6950 hope, now I don't know what to expect lol... according to my calculations and guesses I think for me with the same settings and 1080p would be around 25 fps.

I hope I'm wrong and it's more!... like 20 fps more.

LordCanti

Izayoi said:
I have some bad news for you...

The day my 4ghz dual core isn't good enough to run Battlefield 3, is the day I....

Upgrade.

okayguy.jpg

We'll see.

Sethos

Banned
I noticed some people on other forums having access, did they release the keys or what? Still nothing in the mailbox or on Origin here.

LordCanti

Sethos said:
I noticed some people on other forums having access, did they release the keys or what? Still nothing in the mailbox or on Origin here.

I don't think e-mails have gone out. There were ten or so keys given out at some gamespot event (and posted on the EA forums). Edit: Ten or so PC. A lot more PS3/360.

How anyone else got in, I have no idea.

I'm hearing like 4-5am local time for when keys start to go out. I can't stay up five more hours. I'll catch a quick and dirty eight, and see you guys in the morning :p

Sethos

Banned
LordCanti said:
I don't think e-mails have gone out. There were ten or so keys given out at some gamespot event (and posted on the EA forums). Edit: Ten or so PC. A lot more PS3/360.

How anyone else got in, I have no idea.

I'm hearing like 4-5am local time for when keys start to go out. I can't stay up five more hours. I'll catch a quick and dirty eight, and see you guys in the morning :p

Oh so it's still on track, thought I had missed something - Thanks :)

I7-870 @ 4.0Ghz HT Disables
Trifire 6990 + 6950 unlocked @ 880/1375
16Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600
G.Skill Falcon 2 SSD

Going for 60fps+ at 2560x1440 at ultra here, judging by smokeys results I'm confident I'm going to get it.

Now... EA give me the fucking key that I'm supposed to have!!

Sorry for quoting the pics guys I'm on my iPhone, I'll fix it when I get home, im heading home now... Catch y'all on the flip side.

Jtrizzy

a little ot but I built a 2600k@4.3/580 rig for this game and I'm trying to understand why Crysis 2 is crashing my pc. I have everything on ultra with high res textures and DX11.

I have
i5-2500k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
2GB 4870x2

You think I'll be able to get 60FPS+ on 1680x1050? What's the highest setting you guys think I could run on?

Big Papa Husker said:
I have
i5-2500k OC'd @ 4.5Ghz
8GB DDR3 1600mhz
2GB 4870x2

You think I'll be able to get 60FPS+ on 1680x1050? What's the highest setting you guys think I could run on?

Most definitely. Worse comes to worse, aim for 720p or high instead of ultra.

desu

So when are we supposed to get our keys? Was the EA UK typ wrong when he said midnight? I hope he doesnt mean midnight today, because thats totally not the 27th ...

JAFAR

All these people asking about their setups and expected FPS need only wait a few hours to see some benchmarks... I don't think this game is going to be another Crysis.

Sethos

Banned
desu said:
So when are we supposed to get our keys? Was the EA UK typ wrong when he said midnight? I hope he doesnt mean midnight today, because thats totally not the 27th ...

Timechart says 12pm GMT, that's in around 6½ hours here.

gibon3z said:
What class has the mortar. I think I will work my way in the beta only to unlock and test it out.
I believe its support. Which is the only class I will be playing for that sexy machine gun action, and c4. And mortar if I am right from what I remember reading.

Animator

InfectedZero said:
I believe its support. Which is the only class I will be playing for that sexy machine gun action, and c4. And mortar if I am right from what I remember reading.

No, Engineer has the mortar and the mini UAV.

Top Bottom