• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Az

TheSeks said:
That's awesome. The dude was just sitting there in the bushes of B for Metro and I just hopped up and knifed him. :lol Deaf ass: 1. DICE: 0. :lol
Thats for all the issues. Take it DICE. ;)~

DarkFlow

Banned
Evolved1 said:
I am now officially a sick chopper pilot. Let it be known.
I can now fly it around and shoot people in the scout chopper. The attack chopper, I can never get a gunner who can shoot anything, even when I stay still.

Miggytronz

Tunavi said:
I'm STILL now allowed to login to origin.

Is that the only way to join a platoon? Or am I misinformed

well you have to have played online in BF3.

So your EA account login doesnt work on Origin?

Make a Origin Account and link your Gamertag to it. Done.

computers putin' said:
Infantry can protect itself from vehicles.

I'm just saying you give up more than you gain by getting in a jet. You certainly take out armor quicker in a jet, and being able to kill off decent pilots is a plus. But giving up the option to engage infantry or capture objective is giving up too much imo. I dunno, maybe seeing someone who's great in a jet will change my mind.

Yeah, jets right now are just Stinger Missile fodder, which will just get worse as more people unlock it. DICE should have made jets have bombs with decent splash damage as a default feature- in order to be more of a threat to infantry and increase their significance on the battlefield.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Lots of bugs that require machine resets. Hope at least this stuff gets fixed.

The Faceless Master said:
nice, i'm still on the "i've killed people before with this thing, i swear!" phase.

Well, the way they hold vital unlocks from new pilots is partly to blame. You don;t even have flares... or anything to shoot people with! lol

But now I have flares, so I feel pretty safe up there. I've killed every chopper I've 1v1'd pretty easily. Now I have heat-seeking rockets. :)

DarkFlow

Banned
nice, i'm still on the "i've killed people before with this thing, i swear!" phase.
At least your not in "flip over on take-off" phase. I've seen that a few times today.

Calion

So, it seems I won't get my copy until Friday. Eh, oh well.

I assume the controls are somewhat difficult to get used to? Thoughts so far Dream, Evolved, Seks, Faceless, JJD, etc.?

Ketch

Tunavi said:
I'm STILL now allowed to login to origin.

Is that the only way to join a platoon? Or am I misinformed

Yea it's the only way, I had to contact the customer support... It's most likely an issue with your PSN ID not being sync'd to your EA account. When I talked to them they were still using an old yahoo email from like 7 years ago even though I've changed it twice since then.

It didn't take long once I finally was able to talk to someone. 30 minute wait, 5 minute fix.

Also, from what I can tell the Platoon isn't really helping me find games with you guys... I thought it would tell me where everyone is at, but it looks like I still need to add everyone to friends? How are you guys getting [GAF] to show up on the score screen... it doesn't show for me =( I want to belong....

DukeSucks

this one was a lot of fun, had some good squadmates. Ended up on the wrong end of this nailbiter though :)

ibl8FXEeCRUV69.jpg

Tunavi

Banned
Yeah I've played BF3, I've also played a lot of BC2 which should have linked my gamertag to origin, because when I try to register, It says my email is already taken (by me I assume). I'll call customer support.

get your shit together EA, all this new shit nobody wants and you're not even doing it right

Evolved1

computers putin' said:
I love how your proggression as a pilot can be tracked through your posts.

Haha... I'm vocal. Can't help it. I had a run earlier on Caspian that was basically the whole match with a good gunner... was super fun.

I use legacy controls (closest to BC2 default) and inverted flight. Actually the new controls are better. I can do a lot with this thing I couldn't in BC2 and ripping across the map 30 ft off the ground is pretty damn awesome -- and pretty mush impossible in BC2 unless you were in the Huey.

The trickiest part is maintaining altitude. Once the bird starts to fall it can get away from you real fast and you don't have enough power to recover. Hit the ground like an anchor lol. It's especially true in tight aerobatic maneuvers... gotta stay on the throttle or you're likely eating dirt. Once you get the hang of how much you can drift and when to throttle... these things get fun.

Calion82v said:
So, it seems I won't get my copy until Friday. Eh, oh well.

I assume the controls are somewhat difficult to get used to? Thoughts so far Dream, Evolved, Seks, Faceless, JJD, etc.?

Short version: the aiming analog now has a dead zone and heavy acceleration, in addition to significant input lag. These weren't in BC2.

As to the actual controls? Like the configuration? Things are different. Especially if you used "BC1 controls" in BC2.

As to the feel of the controls, like movement and weightiness? Different from BC2 but I like it.

Evolved1 said:
Haha... I'm vocal. Can't help it. I had a run earlier on Caspian that was basically the whole match with a good gunner... was super fun.

I use legacy controls (closest to BC2 default) and inverted flight. Actually the new controls are better. I can do a lot with this thing I couldn't in BC2 and ripping across the map 30 ft off the ground is pretty damn awesome -- and pretty mush impossible in BC2 unless you were in the Huey.

The trickiest part is maintaining altitude. Once the bird starts to fall it can get away from you real fast and you don't have enough power to recover. Hit the ground like an anchor lol. It's especially true in tight aerobatic maneuvers... gotta stay on the throttle or you're likely eating dirt. Once you get the hang of how much you can drift and when to throttle... these things get fun.

Who are you and wtf did you do to evolved?

Ketch

Tunavi said:
get your shit together EA, all this new shit nobody wants and you're not even doing it right

Yep, pretty much. If they just let you log into your EA account from the game this wouldn't happen.

Evolved1 said:

Well, the way they hold vital unlocks from new pilots is partly to blame. You don;t even have flares... or anything to shoot people with! lol

But now I have flares, so I feel pretty safe up there. I've killed every chopper I've 1v1'd pretty easily. Now I have heat-seeking rockets. :)
i've killed enough people to unlock flares, just not anything else.

red731

I have put GAF as my tag in battlelog profile...

Since NoisePurge created the Platoon - should we all put it in front of our names?

Bruiserk

red731 said:

Since NoisePurge created the Platoon - should we all put it in front of our names?

I don't see why not. Could be cool if you end up in a game with another GAFfer and don't know it.

olimpia84

I still can't fly jets at all. What are the easiest control settings for them and for choppers? (something similar to BC2).

Also, this game has the most confusing map ever. You see an indicator showing a flag is being capped, looked at the real flags shown in the screen and none are flashing...this is confusing as hell

red731 said:

Up to you.
What happened in BC2 was that GAF built up a reputation and some of the opposing teams would quit games just seeing a full team of [GAF] clan tags. Some of us got tired of that and decided that it was better to have no clan tags.

Also feel free to join up with some of ps3gaf's favorite lurkers if you see them: dantheman, farlanghn and blue089.

Anyone want to do co-op with me later tonight btw(8PM EST+)?

I want to unlock some of the weapons for mp + test out the chopper controls in co-op mission 2.

olimpia84

Dreamgazer said:
Anyone want to do co-op with me later tonight btw(8PM EST+)?

I want to unlock some of the weapons for mp + test out the chopper controls in co-op mission 2.

I might be up for some coop. If you see me online just send me an invite.

Xux

Evolved1 said:
I might be wrong but iirc aren't you a CoD player as well?

The complaints are from people who primarily/or only play BC2. For the most part.
Yeah, that's probably why.
yeah, i've played it about 3-4 times and it's never even close, always like 100+ ticket win for mother Russia.
I've seen it done:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/166371/4/228648389/
The AMTRAC is the trump card. The 40mm cannon eats tanks up and the fact that it's a spawn point makes it insane as the enemy'll ignore it while neutral and you can spawn in and attack right in the middle of them. The only bad part is you need two people since the driver doesn't get any weapons. And also the fact that it goes about half the speed of a tank. It does have a ton of armor, though!

The LAV is good, too, once you get the anti-tank missile.

Bruiserk

Dreamgazer said:
Up to you.
What happened in BC2 was that GAF built up a reputation and some of the opposing teams would quit games just seeing a full team of [GAF] clan tags. Some of us got tired of that and decided that it was better to have no clan tags.

Also feel free to join up with some of ps3gaf's favorite lurkers if you see them: dantheman, farlanghn and blue089.

I play with him quite often, a good friend of mine. How do you know him?

meppi

TheSeks said:
That's awesome. The dude was just sitting there in the bushes of B for Metro and I just hopped up and knifed him. :lol Deaf ass: 1. DICE: 0. :lol
Laughing my butt off.

DICE developers are bush wookies! :D

Bruiserk said:
I play with him quite often, a good friend of mine. How do you know him?

I met Farlanghn through some pub, late night bc2 game.

It was 2AM on a weekday and I wasn't expecting much from a bunch of randoms on Arica Attack. Got placed into his squad as a gunner for his tank - he had mic, I had mic, and we steamrolled through the map together (in the same tank.)

Added him to my friend list and then the rest was history.
I'll pull him into GAF games or once awhile he'll join us.

Love his style of sly/humorful cursing lol.

Bruiserk

olimpia84 said:
I still can't fly jets at all. What are the easiest control settings for them and for choppers? (something similar to BC2).

Also, this game has the most confusing map ever. You see an indicator showing a flag is being capped, looked at the real flags shown in the screen and none are flashing...this is confusing as hell

Probably not intentional. I have just gotten use to numbering the flags in the bottom left. For jets I have used default, it doesn't seem to difficult to me. Use third person view a lot, it helps.

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
You are obviously not playing with him enough. Haha.

You were actually in our squad for a while yesterday (myself, Bruiserk, and Far) but that lobby was incredibly laggy and so we left.

If you have room on your FL, I'll shoot you a request sometime soon and see if I can't partake in the steamrolling on occasion.

Bruiserk

Dreamgazer said:
I met Farlanghn through some pub, late night bc2 game.

It was 2AM on a weekday and I wasn't expecting much from a bunch of randoms on Arica Attack. Got placed into his squad as a gunner for his tank - he had mic, I had mic, and we steamrolled through the map together (in the same tank.)

Added him to my friend list and then the rest was history.
I'll pull him into GAF games or once awhile he'll join us.

Yup, that's Far. I met him during Unchartd 2 MP through MuseManMike, been playing ever since. Were you playing rush with him last night? I was in a conquest game with MuseManMike over Skype because the VOIP in the game sucks. He joined up with us soon after and we tried to use the mic in game, which was hard to endure. Let's all play sometime.

Put myself on the list just now, wonder if any of you gusy seen me in matches too..my name is kinda unique so to say..especially in BFBC2 when it would say "PKM killed you with PKM"

I got some friend request from some of you last night and have some of you on my list already.
Couldnt join up last night cause my RL friends hounded me last night to play (tho they suck...bad!)

This is gonna sound wierd but..I'm kinda "shy" so I always worry about being intrusive sending an invite or just joining you guys. Usually take me a while to "be myself" online with people I dont know in RL.
So yeah, send me friend request and invites please..
I like to think Im a really good player, just Online MP shy.

(Ive had Gazer on my list since last year, you were the guy who turned the VSS into godmode? I was always impressed with your skill with it, damn jealous lol )

Bruiserk

MuseManMike said:

You were actually in our squad for a while yesterday (myself, Bruiserk, and Far) but that lobby was incredibly laggy and so we left.

If you have room on your FL, I'll shoot you a request sometime soon and see if I can't partake in the steamrolling on occasion.

He was? Was that during rush?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn I have 0 people from GAF playing this (PS3)

/Forever Alone ; ;

Need Squad, I was @11 wins 0 losses, then got placed into noob central, lost 5 straight =/

I needs a good squad, please add me =3

rdrr gnr

GraveRobberX said:

/Forever Alone ; ;

Need Squad, I was @11 wins 0 losses, then got placed into noob central, lost 5 straight =/

FR me bro. My info is towards the top of the list in the OP. I'll accept once I get home.
I tank whore.

GraveRobberX said:

/Forever Alone ; ;

Your already on my list right Grave?

I can always tell when I have a Gaf guy on my list...just like me they are usually Trophy level 10+ lol.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
GraveRobberX said:

/Forever Alone ; ;

Sorry man give me one or two weeks and i will be there every night!

Anyone knows if Rockscar is playing BF3 already?

GraveRobberX

MuseManMike said:
FR me bro. My info is towards the top of the list in the OP. I'll accept once I get home.
I tank whore.

I tank whore too =]

Yesterday me and a random got 7,000+ Points for tank whoring

Me and him would switch whenever our tank dipped below 50% health

I got like 5+ Repair Ribbons due to it lol

It was so awesome, the Kharg map makes you beastly with tank, and if you got 2 Engi's, lol, Tank will never die

I got like 500+ points just spotting fools, with the zoom perk

Go to level 10 with-in 15 hours of playing (from Midnight release on, crashed @2pm that Tuesday)

Bitch and a half to level up, just want my UMP back =3, only 6 more levels

I might be going crazy, but after I get my 100 platinums, I think I may go after the Colonel Supreme and level 145... only 25,000,000 Points, guys, guys?

Pkm said:
This is gonna sound wierd but..I'm kinda "shy" so I always worry about being intrusive sending an invite or just joining you guys. Usually take me a while to "be myself" online with people I dont know in RL.
So yeah, send me friend request and invites please..
I like to think Im a really good player, just Online MP shy.

(Ive had Gazer on my list since last year, you were the guy who turned the VSS into godmode? I was always impressed with your skill with it, damn jealous lol )

I had you on my list for bc2 last year and I did play a couple of games with you. I had to take you off the list eventually since you just weren't playing the game as much.

My primary impression of you is still stuck on "the guy that had Sasha Grey as his avatar once" though.

As for VSS. I wouldn't call myself godmode, but yeah I got close to 4000+ kills with that thing. I remember you complaining about that lol.

MuseManMike said:

I'm going to do some cleaning up of my FL tonight. So I'll add you guys then.

rdrr gnr

GraveRobberX said:
I tank whore too =]
It was so awesome, Kharg is beastly with tank, and if you got 2 Engi, lol, Tank will never die

I got like 500+ points just spotting fools, with the zoom perk
Oh god. Tell me about it. Haha. I must have played that map 5-6 times yesterday just for tanks. I usually play gunner and not driver. What I do is wait for my driver to damage the opposing tank as much as possible, then I pop-out shoot my rocket launcher (they never expect it) and then repair after when possible.

GraveRobberX

I have 53 slots open

Almost 75% of my list is GAFfers or Lurkers, I must have < 10 friends not associated with/to GAF in anyway

GraveRobberX

MuseManMike said:
Oh god. Tell me about it. Haha. I must have played that map 5-6 times yesterday just for tanks. I usually play gunner and not driver. What I do is wait for my driver to damage the opposing tank as much as possible, then I pop-out shoot my rocket launcher (they never expect it) and then repair after when possible.

Also, some of the idiot noobs run their tank into your tank thinking I'll ram and try to destroy, I pop out, prone, repair tool already out (always enter tank with it in my hand LOL) and go to work on their tank, so fucking hilarious

Destroyed 3 tanks that way, got the Vehicle disabled ribbon, I was like HOLY SHIT!, I got it already

Evolved1

I am not fucking happy about how this game is locking up my PS3. The scary kind of locks that make think it's gonna brick. Just because I quit a game the thing froze black screen and I couldn't reset it via button... had to pull the plug. Not cool.

DICE in a rush to beat CoD releasing shoddy work as usual.

todahawk

Evolved1 said:

yeah, i was looking at the locks on the a-10 and saw how the start you with jack squat. i can stay alive for a whole 30 seconds now without crashing into something.

There is honestly no incentive for anyone to play recon - other than sacrificing your spm for the team to have an easier win.

*SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

Honestly hope the motion sensing bot will make things better (but then piloting that thing means you won't have any actions in game.)

Top Bottom