• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

Daigoro

AkimbO_Arcana said:
How is everyone in here getting into squads (with people you want to)? PS3 here...

Invitations in the main menu work fine but if we start the game we get split up ?

You guys seem to get this organized somehow...

seriously. i thought this shit was supposed to be fixed! this was a fucking nightmare today when i wanted to squad up with a friend. took us like 1/2 an hour to get into a squad together. trying to join together from the main menu already in squad resulted in one of getting into a full room and one of us getting kicked, or us on two different teams EVERY fucking time.

WTF DICE?!

so apparently squad management still sucks like it did in BC2?

is there no way to choose what squad you want to be put in while you are in game? squad management seems very poorly though out.

is there something that im missing here? has anyone had any luck with this shit?

rdrr gnr

Dreamgazer said:
->PLAY TO WIN<-

Day 2 Impression
  • 3.4 w/l, the journal back to 5.5+ continues.
  • Musemanmike already hit 7.0 w/l. T_T
  • Some of these Conquest maps are horribly unbalanced.
  • I'm rage quitting whenever I see US Noshahr Canals conquest lol.
  • Still feel limited compared to bf2/bc2 in terms what I can do.
  • The instructions in the OP to get our own GAF server did not work on the PS3 end.
  • I'll never get anyone to play CO-OP and unlock the guns lol.

I'm doing alright, but I miss my ace pins.
It's only the beginning! That was a lot of fun. Should do it again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Dreamgazer said:
->PLAY TO WIN<-

Day 2 Impression
  • 3.4 w/l, the journal back to 5.5+ continues.
  • Musemanmike already hit 7.0 w/l. T_T
  • Some of these Conquest maps are horribly unbalanced.
  • I'm rage quitting whenever I see US Noshahr Canals conquest lol.
  • Still feel limited compared to bf2/bc2 in terms what I can do.
  • The instructions in the OP to get our own GAF server did not work on the PS3 end.
  • I'll never get anyone to play CO-OP and unlock the guns lol.

I'm doing alright, but I miss my ace pins.

I'm available for co-op tomorrow after my am classes. :)

M14 here I come!!!!

MuseManMike said:
It's only the beginning! That was a lot of fun. Should do it again.

Bro, this is what we do. Welcome to the steamroller. (though I was kind of blah the last few hours)

Evolved1

DarkFlow83 said:
Lol Evolved1, how did you like that jet that rammed us while we where in the chopper.

I honestly didn't know what happened at first. I was apologizing to my mates when I finally realized.

Also ealier, I took out another bird and was feeling all good about myself, and then *bam* I explode. The damn wreckage fell on me! hahaha

To everyone who sent me FR's: I'll accept in the morning. Didn't feel like messing with that atm. See you guys online!

rdrr gnr

Evolved1 said:
To everyone who sent me FR's: I'll accept in the morning. Didn't feel like messing with that atm. See you guys online!
I haven't done that. Add me later.
Bro, this is what we do. Welcome to the steamroller. (though I was kind of blah the last few hours)
I wasn't. = )

DarkFlow

Banned
Also damn you gaffers for having flares, I finally get jet missles and can't shot anyone.
At least we are having fun dog fights.

Evolved1

DarkFlow83 said:
Also damn you gaffers for having flares, I finally get jet missles and can't shot anyone.
At least we are having fun dog fights.

So here's a protip: Flares have a cooldown, but you have multiple rockets. Fire one rocket at them so they blow their load, and then send the rest. Did that in the bird today to someone after he dumped flares on my first volley.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
MuseManMike said:
The explosion radius is too large for tanks. No reason I should die while attempting to heal. It discourages teamwork.

Wat?

If you're next to the tank and it blows up it SHOULD kill you and everyone else around it. Then people could always just bail out at the last second with no worries.

Evolved1

MuseManMike said:
The explosion radius is too large for tanks. No reason I should die while attempting to heal. It discourages teamwork.

I was thinking that, but then I wondered if they did it to mitigate complaints about people "getting away" when you disable destroy their tank.

I thought it was pretty messed up when I repair tooled a few tanks to death but the explosion always killed me. :/

DarkFlow

Banned
Evolved1 said:
So here's a protip: Flares have a cooldown, but you have multiple rockets. Fire one rocket at them so they blow their load, and then send the rest. Did that in the bird today to someone after he dumped flares on my first volley.
Yeah I've been doing that, but one missle does not even disable, and Gaf knows how to evade. :p also lock on takes forever.

Daigoro

is there no way to actually pick a squad to join once you are in game? is it auto-join only?

i assume its the same way on the PS3?

whats the point of being able to view every open squad, but not be able to join them?

Evolved1

DarkFlow83 said:
Yeah I've been doing that, but one missle does not even disable, and Gaf knows how to evade. :p also lock on takes forever.

You can manually reload your weapon... once I achieve target lock, I fire one rocket just to make them dump flares. You can fire off the rest of the volley or reload and fire all without losing lock (at least in the helicopter).

Daigoro said:
is there no way to actually pick a squad to join once you are in game? is it auto-join only?

i assume its the same way on the PS3?

whats the point of being able to view every open squad, but not be able to join them?

There's quite an extensive squad menu in game, and you can switch to and join any squad with open slots.

joshlee

Evolved1 said:
You can manually reload your weapon... once I achieve target lock, I fire one rocket just to make them dump flares. You can fire off the rest of the volley or reload and fire all without losing lock (at least in the helicopter).

There's quite an extensive squad menu in game, and you can switch to and join any squad with open slots.
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to join a squad with empty slots, selecting and hitting a does nothing...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SephCast said:
360 server issues right now?

Yes, sporadically. Supposed to be doing maintenance tonight on PS3, dunno about 360.

Daigoro

Evolved1 said:

i swear im not seeing the option to join a squad im browsing when i leave a squad on 360, only seeing auto join.

maybe im just blind, or the option just wasnt shoing up. ill check again in the morning.

hopefully once things settle and everything is working right, ill be able to actually bring a squad from the menu into a game and not have it split up every sinlge time i try it (just like the beta!)

thanks.

joshlee said:
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to join a squad with empty slots, selecting and hitting a does nothing...

same.

what console you on? is this a 360 issue maybe?

I've got the get your own empty server thing figured out. However, I need 7 other people to experiment it >.> (you can turn autobalance off, so it's the first step to get all gaffers on to a team.)

I plan on doing this around 9PM Est tomorrow - let me know if you're interested in being part of the experiment.

gibration

This game is pissing me off. I can't aim for shit and the lighting in this is more annoying than pretty. It's either way too fucking bright or way too fucking dark for me to see anything.

Evolved1

Are you guys making sure you leave your current squad before you try to join another? Also, on PS3 there is sometimes a delay before it puts you into the new squad. Can be confusing... was for me the first couple times.

edit: nvm. maybe it's just different on 360.

TheSeks

Dreamgazer said:
I've got the get your own empty server thing figured out. However, I need 7 other people to experiment it >.> (you can turn autobalance off, so it's the first step to get all gaffers on to a team.)

I plan on doing this around 9PM Est tomorrow - let me know if you're interested in being part of the experiment.

How are you creating the games? Is there a create a server option? Because if there is I'm going to make an unranked server and suicide-practice the jets and helicopters.

rdrr gnr

The servers are so laggy. It's ridiculous.
Dreamgazer said:

Is that 6PM PST? I'm down.

Daigoro

TheSeks said:
How are you creating the games? Is there a create a server option? Because if there is I'm going to make an unranked server and suicide-practice the jets and helicopters.

just use the server browser and head to the bottom there are tons of empty servers. need 8 people to start a game up though.

Evolved1 said:
Are you guys making sure you leave your current squad before you try to join another? Also, on PS3 there is sometimes a delay before it puts you into the new squad. Can be confusing... was for me the first couple times.

edit: nvm. maybe it's just different on 360.

yeah, its plain enough to leave a squad you are in. then you are under the "not in a squad" category. then it seems like the only option to join is auto-join.

when i browse all of the squads (foxtrot, hotel, etc) no option pops up to join them from what i can see.

TheSeks

Daigoro said:
just use the server browser and head to the bottom there are tons of empty servers. need 8 people to start a game up though.

There's no unranked servers on PS3 from what I've found on the filter. So I'm curious how to make the servers.

Daigoro

TheSeks said:
There's no unranked servers on PS3 from what I've found on the filter. So I'm curious how to make the servers.

hm. thats odd.

if left unfiltered (or all options on), there are tons of unused servers on the 360 verion.

weird discrepancies between consoles im gathering. though at this point, id rather be able to join what damn squad i want instead of having the option to join an empty server that no one will ever join.

you win this round PS3!

TheSeks

Nononono. You misunderstand.

Ranked = Stats count.
Unranked = STATS DON'T COUNT.

I want to make an unranked server. Not an empty server. >:|

rdrr gnr

Gun/ground combat is horrendous, as to be expected with EA launches. Rubberbanding, delayed kills, insta-kills, general hit-detection problems. No reason to be on foot until servers are fixed.
Bruiserk said:
GG today guys. Lovin' those tanks. Not loving Op Metro, sorry I left that game so quickly.
Same here. Apologies to Easy (although he joined back up with us again in a different lobby).

Man, that aiming is not ideal. I don't get it. Flashlights are also pretty nasty; I'm thinking nastier than the Beta. I'm quitting early today. I started today w/ Battlelog's Skill ranking of -19, then went 240~ and now back to 8. I'm gonna play some Killzone 3 to freshly compare feel/aiming. I think I'll always prefer KZ3, but I've played it enough and I'd like to keep trying BF3. Plus, the PS3 also got Daytona USA and PixelJunk SideScroller this week.

Ketch

It's okay, that map was turning into a meat grinder anyway... our whole team of gaf getting destroyed by some scrubs? Must have been the devs, or the QA team... yea.. I'm gonna go with that.

I get so aggro in the jets, grrrrrr stop evading and let me shooooot you! My aim must suck because I'll be lighting dudes up forever, where it seems like it only takes a couple shots to bring me down.

And I'm pretty sure that was me who crashed into your chopper with my jet.

Fun times.

Can anyone recommend me a good PS3 headset? Something I can use for game audio and chatting? That doesn't cost a ton? Right now I've got a fancy PC headphones/set that is only good for audio on ps3, then I have to plug in my shitty USB headset and wear them both... it doesn't work for shit, uncomfortable, and looks dumb too

Daigoro

TheSeks said:
Nononono. You misunderstand.

Ranked = Stats count.
Unranked = STATS DON'T COUNT.

I want to make an unranked server. Not an empty server. >:|

ah, gotcha.

yeah ive seen the option under filter, but i havent actually seen an unranked server. Dreamgazer mentioned empty servers. must be where i got that idea from.

>:|

TheSeks

Man, ya'll are crazy. Op Metro is pretty good when you have a good squad that moves fast to get into positions. Hell, on defense it's AWESOME as a recon putting up motion mines and holding a choke point with a shotgun.

In fact, I think I'm going to do a round tomorrow when I get back from volunteering on Op Metro and see if I can get a few squad wipe bonuses for the squad wipe ribbon from it. I think I have a decent idea of places to put the C4, but I'm not too sure.

Faceless: Can you still throw the C4 longer than normal like BC2?

Evolved1

CharlesSurge said:
Flashlights are also pretty nasty; I'm thinking nastier than the Beta.

Yeah, flashlights are gross.

TheSeks said:
Man, ya'll are crazy. Op Metro is pretty good when you have a good squad that moves fast to get into positions. Hell, on defense it's AWESOME as a recon putting up motion mines and holding a choke point with a shotgun.

In fact, I think I'm going to do a round tomorrow when I get back from volunteering on Op Metro and see if I can get a few squad wipe bonuses for the squad wipe ribbon from it. I think I have a decent idea of places to put the C4, but I'm not too sure.

Faceless: Can you still throw the C4 longer than normal like BC2?

You should be able to... Metro is such a piece of shit map that any decent defense should have them pinned in their spawn until their tickets melt. Equip the thermal scope for epic level trolling.

Goddamned infantry maps dominate the rotation, I'm already sick of them. I think I've played Caspian once with gaffers... but metro and that stupid river map? Too much.

Tawpgun

Ironic how the graphics/style of this game is one of its biggest drawbacks...

Canals is like playing on the surface of the sun.

Also, anyone else feel the weapons are horribly inconsistent? I was running with the AK-74 on the Assault Class with the red dot sight and felt like I couldn't do shit with it.

Bruiserk

Evolved1 said:
Yeah, flashlights are gross.

You should be able to... Metro is such a piece of shit map that any decent defense should have them pinned in their spawn until their tickets melt. Equip the thermal scope for epic level trolling.

Goddamned infantry maps dominate the rotation, I'm already sick of them. I think I've played Caspian once with gaffers... but metro and that stupid river map? Too much.

The Canals or Seine? At least there are vehicles to whore on those two unlike metro.

Impression 3
  • It took 3-4 tries in co-op mission 2, but I got the chopper figured out. Evolved is right that the controls now are much more maneuverable. On the other hand, they're also extremely sensitive - you need to keep calm at all times.
  • The server thing is weird. Sometimes it works, sometimes tells me there's no gamehost.
  • Olimpia is correct that if you quit a server and the team eventually got a loss - it'll count as a loss on your battle report. Fortunately, it does not appear to affect your actual w/l
  • I am staying off of conquest for now. Too much luck of a draw maps thing going on.

rdrr gnr

A27 Tawpgun said:
Ironic how the graphics/style of this game is one of its biggest drawbacks...

Canals is like playing on the surface of the sun.

Also, anyone else feel the weapons are horribly inconsistent? I was running with the AK-74 on the Assault Class with the red dot sight and felt like I couldn't do shit with it.
Yeah, it's way too much on literally all of the maps. This is what happens when developers half-ass a beta test. There could have been a lot more done through testing.
CharlesSurge said:
Man, that aiming is not ideal. I don't get it. Flashlights are also pretty nasty; I'm thinking nastier than the Beta. I'm quitting early today. I started today w/ Battlelog's Skill ranking of -19, then went 240~ and now back to 8. I'm gonna play some Killzone 3 to freshly compare feel/aiming. I think I'll always prefer KZ3, but I've played it enough and I'd like to keep trying BF3. Plus, the PS3 also got Daytona USA and PixelJunk SideScroller this week.
Sorry for killing you so frequently buddy! But you are right. Aiming is just off.
Dreamgazer said:
Impression 3
  • I am staying off of conquest for now. Too much luck of a draw maps thing going on.
If the game was rush only, I wouldn't be playing. Yeah, the map rotation can suck, but it's the only game type that lets me play at my own pace.

red731

Evolved... the knife battle is ON!

edit: aka dog tag stealing

and anyone for some COOP today? It is 0903 now and I will be back home at 1600 so I anyone is interested.
Europe and headset, but we can play even over the ocean :)

MuseManMike said:
Yeah, it's way too much on literally all of the maps. This is what happens when developers half-ass a beta test. There could have been a lot more done through testing.

Sorry for killing you so frequently buddy! But you are right. Aiming is just off.

If the game was rush only, I wouldn't be playing. Yeah, the map rotation can suck, but it's the only game type that lets me play at my own pace.

Unless you're someone who plays assault/engineer 24/7 - I just don't find BF3 conquest all that entertaining, and I'm saying that despite the fact we've been steamrolling the game mode tonight.

I'm not sure if it's the lack of destruction, the utter unbalance/linearity of certain maps, or the near uselessness of certain class (ex: recon is so essential for certain victories yet the urgency of the beacons are relatively lost in conquest.) - I'm just not feeling it. That usual sense of a team all just balancing out - not there for me.

Things just feels better on rush for me. I can actually see the importance of my class decisions - the need for assault revives, engineers repairs, support cover fires/ammo and recon beacon, t-ugs and MAVs, etc.

Again, that's just how I play. I can easily see the appeal of rush to engineer and maybe assault centric players. However, I'm not one of those people (changing classes base on team needs is my thing.)

Mind you. This the usual release week rants. Opinion can change, like evolved changed. lol

I want those Co-op unlocks :E Anyone willing to do a co-op run later today? Does the difficulty affect the amount of points? I was wondering if a hard playthrough is necessary to get all unlocks.

DarkFlow

Banned
Ugh, I'm trying to play SP, and I've hit a snag. I'm on this mission after the jet. When I look around at parts of the screen, it goes white. This is very annoying.

Edit: I reset my PS3, that seems to have fixed it. Still odd.

Noisepurge said:
I want those Co-op unlocks :E Anyone willing to do a co-op run later today? Does the difficulty affect the amount of points? I was wondering if a hard playthrough is necessary to get all unlocks.
Higher difficulty get you more points, but it's hardly large enough of a jump to justify it. The earliest unlock starts at 69,000 points. To unlock everything, you'll need to play the co-op for more than 3-4 times.

olimpia84

Had a few games with new gaffers but they didn't go all too well. Here's a tip guys: in Op Metro Conquest getting B is the key at the beginning so make a run for it. I think I was the only one to rush for B and when I got there a group of 5 enemies was waiting for me. After that it was all downhill lol

Top Bottom