• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

olimpia84

No_Style said:
I know it's early, however jets are offering nothing, but nice explosive fireworks. Just like in BF2.

I've been saying that since the beginning, jets are the most useless addition to the MP. I much rather have people down in the ground helping cap flags and go for the objective than flying in circles and chasing other planes. They should have just left the jets for SP.

LEGGZZZZ

Took the day off and have been gaming for the past 6-8 hours on the ps3, gotta say I love this game. Better Map deisgn/gameplay/gunplay/graphics, I feel completely satisfied. Only a few complaints that were already mentioned, but nothing game breaking in the least. This might just end up being my favorite MP this gen. The overall battlefield just feels much more visceral and tense than BFBC2 imo.

It seems Conquest is the go to mode for unlocking weapons/gadgets in your class. I love how everything, even flag captures count towards unlocking kits in your class. I still find Rush to be the better mode though, just seems more tense, focused, and I love the feeling of forward progression, where in conquest your just running around the same areas for 10 to 20 minutes, both a lot fun though. Playing this after the extreme disappointment of KZ3/R3 multiplayer, and the cheesiness in BFBC2 feels like a blessing from above.

Btw, anyone play Caspian Border on Rush? The distances between the mcoms and the attackers are crazy long, like Heavy Metal in BFBC2 long. Vehicles and spawn beacons are basically required when playing rush on it for attackers.

red731 said:
I would wait for another patch. They must be working hard to keep the game interesting for people who are doubting everything now.

It is like this for all new online shooters, day0 patch already rolled out and there will be several more based on bugs still remaining and eventually community feedback.

The PC version of BFBC2 was unplayable during release.

Just try to get grips with the guns, learn the maps, and maybe play the Campaign for now. Don't take things too seriously until the game has stabilized.

Ketch

Was finally able to get my battlelog problems fixed, and I applied for the GAF Platoon.

Such a pain, but at least the support person was helpful.

red731

Stupid question, but Battlelog is PC only and just for overview for us console players or can we create games there and stuff(write if any)?

red731 said:
Stupid question, but Battlelog is PC only and just for overview for us console players or can we create games there and stuff(write if any)?

So far the Battlelog for Console players is mainly for comparing stats and progression.

I'm just hoping that they will update the console server browser to somehow include all players that are in your Platoon. That would be much better than to have to manually add all players as your friends :/

The Battlelog in the browser is still nice, to see who ranks highest among Gaf and it saves all your console match reports etc.

Noisepurge said:
The Battlelog in the browser is still nice, to see who ranks highest among Gaf and it saves all your console match reports etc.

Except it's loads of BS.
I am ranked as top assault player right now, even though I've only played less than 10 minutes of that class.

Dreamgazer said:
Except it's loads of BS.
I am ranked as top assault player right now, even though I've only played less than 10 minutes of that class.

hehe, yeah there might be some kinks in that system as well ;D

Ketch

anyone figure out if you can switch to the russian loadouts in the "my soldier" section... i keep getting unlocks for my AK's that I dont have for my US weapons.

DarkFlow

Banned
Dreamgazer said:
Except it's loads of BS.
i'm the top AA driver. I think that's true, one match I killed about 40 people with it. It's great for mowing down people.

EasyTGT said:
anyone figure out if you can switch to the russian loadouts in the "my soldier" section... i keep getting unlocks for my AK's that I dont have for my US weapons.

You can't, not until you unlock the gun. the M16 and AK74 requires an Assault Score of 220 000 to unlock.

edit: so the beginning of the game is abit silly when you get the same unlocks for both guns depending on the team you are in. I recommend switching to the M416 as soon as you get it and use it on both teams.

Daigoro

oh shit, so the G3 is Assault only? :/ weak!

well maybe i wont like it as much as i did in BC2. ill have to find another favorite maybe.

Atruvius

Have the voice chat issues from the beta fixed in the PS3 version. Voice Chat didn't work for me and my friends in the beta. We could talk in main menu but in match we couldn't, even if we were in the same squad.

deano469

Neo Member
Are there many GAFFER's in the UK that are gonna be playing BF3? I played BC2 regularly (500+ hours) but it was normally with random's, would love to play as part of a clan but wondered if the time difference would be an issue with a lot of the guys on here being from the US etc..... If there's not much of an issue with time difference's, where do i sign up!

Game was dispatched on Monday so im hoping and praying it will be sat on the mat waiting for me when i get home from work tonight.

red731

Just under 4 hours and I will be ready to play. Can't f***** waiiiitt!

deano469 said:
Are there many GAFFER's in the UK that are gonna be playing BF3? I played BC2 regularly (500+ hours) but it was normally with random's, would love to play as part of a clan but wondered if the time difference would be an issue with a lot of the guys on here being from the US etc..... If there's not much of an issue with time difference's, where do i sign up!

Game was dispatched on Monday so im hoping and praying it will be sat on the mat waiting for me when i get home from work tonight.

I am from Czech rep. so there is maybe one hour difference between us.
I haven't played BC2, but if you want, I will gladly play with you - if you are on ps3, that is.

The link for ps3 and xbox player list is in the first post!

deano469

Neo Member
Cheers Red, hadn't even noticed the links, the excitement of finding out if it was any good or not obviously blided me from noticing it!

deano469 said:
Are there many GAFFER's in the UK that are gonna be playing BF3?

You can expand your requirement to include all of Europe to get a lot of buddies :D I'm from Finland so we have a 2 hour difference, feel free to send a friend request.

Cornbread78

Jumped in to play a couple rounds last night and the games were only 6v2 or 6v4, nothing full! Why are they not filling the servers with new players?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Xux said:
I haven't had any issues with aiming. I think it feels way better than what I remember BC2 feeling like.

Also, fuck jets, Amtracs are where it's at. Took out, like, two tanks and a Vodnik with the tube cannon...then I DCed. :(

I might be wrong but iirc aren't you a CoD player as well?

The complaints are from people who primarily/or only play BC2. For the most part.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

red731

Less than two hours and I am hyper, man.
Knowing that it is at home and waiting for it for such a long time...

I hope for this when I get home a finaly begin to play it:

1226208.jpg

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Yes. This isn't simply a matter of "lag being in the game." The deadzone/acceleration lag is TERRIBLE. >:| I'm a person that NEEDS to know I'm pin-pointing when I'm pin-pointing. None of this "LOL I'M GETTING THERE" heavy/weighty controls.

I like it best when there is a 1-2% deadzone (just enough to mitigate analog drift) and NO acceleration whatsoever. I need 1:1.

I've watched a lot of videos though and realize many players have a much different playstyle, as far as how they deal with analog controls. They are very twitchy. Not saying this is bad, just saying. The acceleration is probably good for people who play that way.

I could probably live with the input lag if the analog was 1:1. But having both issues was very hard to deal with at first. I'm still 65% of my effectiveness when compared to BC2, but generally better than most other people I'm playing... so I'm dealing with it.

TheSeks

Yeah well I'm a person that likes to pin-point before I shoot. None of this "Oh, I'm off by two millimeters. NO WAIT, SHIT I'M NOW OFF BY TWO INCHES. NO WAIT SHIT I'M OFF BY--*death*"

Just give me BC2 controls back, DICE. I'll forgive your fuckup then.

todahawk

Yeah, boy do I feel rusty. I had only one game where I felt like I was contributing in any meaningful way. </nothing to do with k/d>

@Az: BTW I miss your animated gif avatar

Evolved1

TheSeks said:
Yeah well I'm a person that likes to pin-point before I shoot. None of this "Oh, I'm off by two millimeters. NO WAIT, SHIT I'M NOW OFF BY TWO INCHES. NO WAIT SHIT I'M OFF BY--*death*"

Just give me BC2 controls back, DICE. I'll forgive your fuckup then.

I listened to some long interview w/ a DICE guy the other day and came away completely unimpressed. For the most part he seemed pretty clueless (god you should have heard his answer about unlocks) and his comments about community feedback were disappointing.

They pay more attention to review feedback than "negative" community feedback. I think the only hope you have to get something adjusted is if you hit them with a tidal wave of outcry.

Look at all the little things in BC2 that were clearly dumb, had a very simple fixes, but never had the kind of attention to get fixed... unlike the M60, White Pass crate location, etc., that people raged over. Why fix anything? First, it would imply they ever made a mistake (they seem a little too happy with themselves for this to happen), and second they already have our money! "You bitches bought the expansion and since this was our last planned DLC and BC2 did way better than we'd anticipated, we're done here."

Still bitter they never fixed the damn Huey damage bug.

They aren't gonna fix shit in BF3. They'll patch tech stuff and try to remove latency but most gameplay related things are probably a lost cause. Right now DICE is thinking about getting through this launch window without too much flak, and how to immediately milk us for more money, and that's all they're thinking about.

post might seem overly negative, but come back a year from now and tell me I'm wrong

TheAzRim said:
Alright can someone tell me what sensitivity settings you use, aiming seems to be off a bit.

lol.

Serious answer: I'm at 1/3 right now. But sensitivity isn't the issue. We're dealing with input lag and advanced analog changes (acceleration, dead zone) from BC2.

TheSeks

TheAzRim said:
Alright can someone tell me what sensitivity settings you use, aiming seems to be off a bit.

That's because Aiming is off, duder. Read up. :p

And I'm using defaults. I rarely if every up my sticks reaction speeds from defaults unless it's Call of Duty and I haven't done that in years.

Oh, yeah. I'm sure most of the PS3 community will hold them over the fire. There's no excuse for this type of lag (unless LOL INTENTIONAL like KZ2 in which case DICE just became one of my unfavorite developers)

Evolved1

greenjerk said:
Yeah, boy do I feel rusty. I had only one game where I felt like I was contributing in any meaningful way. </nothing to do with k/d>

Man we had them in that one game... our little squad was clicking and then they eked it out! grrrr

Az

So that's what it is. Knowing DICE, it will take some time to get it fixed, if they do at all.
Didn't want to say it last night but I was a bit disappointed, maybe I just expected too much. Also I am sure it will get much better as I rank up and learn how to customize these weapons.

greenjerk said:

I miss it too man, RIP carrot.

meppi

Evolved1 said:
I listened to some long interview w/ a DICE guy the other day and came away completely unimpressed. For the most part he seemed pretty clueless (god you should have heard his answer about unlocks) and his comments about community feedback were disappointing.

They pay more attention to review feedback than "negative" community feedback. I think the only hope you have to get something adjusted is if you hit them with a tidal wave of outcry.
Seems like they caught a case of the Guerrillas. :-/
Reminds me so much of the KZ3 beta and all the time me and several others put into it, giving feedback about some clearly bonehead mistakes and alterations that screwed up the game severely.
Yet when it came down to it, they either ignored the posts, or when they replied we got something like "it's intentional, we're not changing it back to KZ2", at least as far as the weapon balance and feel went. (nothing to do with the input late change though as that wasn't part of the KZ3 problems)

In the end they just don't seem to give a damn and believe everything they come up with it so much better than what the community tries to tell them.

one of the major fuckups they did was ruin the spotting system so that it would automatically spot nearly every enemy through walls. So basically a wall hack for a certain class.
They admitted it wasn't supposed to be like that, but that it was too hard to fix. SMFH
So what did they do? Put a time limit on this broken scan & spot system and call it a day.
Making it seem like it is a new feature. Lost all my faith in Guerrilla pulling off something halfway decent after that...

Seems like DICE in slowly following in those footsteps looking at some of these mistakes and especially the reactions from the devs when we point them out.
Not happy. Not happy at all right now.

TheSeks

Stinger unlocked. MWHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. WHERE IS YOUR AIR GODS NOW, BITCHES!?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Is there a way to choose when bipods deploy?

It seems they are bound the the L trigger, so if I'm near cover they auto deploy when I aim, and that just ain't gonna work.

Miggytronz

Alienshogun said:
Is there a way to choose when bipods deploy?

It seems they are bound the the L trigger, so if I'm near cover they auto deploy when I aim, and that just ain't gonna work.

its auto

No_Style said:
I've only played one match and was wondering how the U.S forces would win as well. I have no idea how they thought it was fair to pin two quick Russian spawning tanks against them.
yeah, i've played it about 3-4 times and it's never even close, always like 100+ ticket win for mother Russia.

Genesis Knight said:
Hopefully someone can sympathize with this... (360 gamer)

Me and 1 other friend have been trying to play together all night - we constantly get dropped from games or put on opposite teams or one gets in and the other gets dumped to lobby. We tried and tried and had tons of problems, maybe had 2 or 3 full games together. So much broken stuff - like it "searching for a squad" forever and leaving you by yourself the whole game, or not being able to invite a friend (won't give you the option) even though there's space, or not being able to switch teams even though there's space.

It was a damn nightmare. Anyone else? I was going to try to convert some non-Battlefield people this Friday but if it was doing this with 2 people I'd say our odds of getting 8 people into a match together are fucking 0 percent.

:(
you're not going to convert them with the way this game works currently. it will auto-balance the shit out of you and your friends.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:

Horse shit, fucking horse shit!

The Faceless Master said:
you're not going to convert them with the way this game works currently. it will auto-balance the shit out of you and your friends.

I don't know why they haven't fixed this.

Side note, yesterday on operation firestorm (I think that's the name of it)

Some idiot came to our base and I disabled his tank, so he got out and I killed him, then I proceed to repair his tank. THANKS BUDDY! Now we can spawn camp you with 3 tanks!

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mikasangelos said:
Well i dont have 5.1 but with my TBs i have Headset and Amplified Audio on. SHIT NUTS.

Yeah, that's just for stereo though.

I've got it set to home cinema atm, but I feel that could be the wrong setting.

The Faceless Master said:

So that's why we kept ending up on opposite teams?

Evolved1

Genesis Knight said:
So that's why we kept ending up on opposite teams?

Yeah the forced balancing is awesome. Completely negates the point of a squad system. You finally get everyone together and launch a game (hopefully not getting kicked back to the menu) and then the game splits up the squad "for balance".

Yesterday, it threw me on the opposite side of gaf, but there was a spot open. So I suicide, wait for the "bad luck" timer to let me into the menu, and hit "switch team".

Do you fucking know what happens next?

The game says something to the effect "You have switched teams too much, maybe you should try playing with the team you'e on".

WHAT THE FUCK!?

After that professional-level trolling I was just like... whatever DICE. You guys are assholes.

Evolved1 said:
Yeah the forced balancing is awesome. Completely negates the point of a squad system. You finally get everyone together and launch a game (hopefully not getting kicked back to the menu) and then the fucking game splits up the squad "for balance".

As long as "everyone" means less than 4 players. I swear, Battlefield is the shittiest game of its type for groups playing together, even when it's working right.

Mikasangelos said:
@zh1nt0
Daniel Matros
Maintenance is now complete :) Enjoy the game :)
2 hours ago

Anyone know if this affects squad management?

Top Bottom