• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 | Console Community Thread | Pleasant Entertainment

JJD

Fersis said:
Is Battlelog available only for those who own the game? Cus i cant log in.

1 - 2 more weeks

How can you manage the wait man??? My game is arriving tomorrow and I'm already going nuts!

Also I've noticed in the Battlelog that supressors for shotguns are DICE Employee marked only. WTF DICE? I want my boom stick to be silent while one shotting people in Metro's tunnel.

WTF? This can't be real...it will probably be offered in some DLC...

Also, Faceless have you tried your out of bounds tactics? I get the feeling the new maps and the jump animation is not going to permit it...I loved that stuff on BC2...

Tawpgun

I can now officially operate a helicopter well enough to get a kill or two. Still trying to get the quirks down.

Unlocked heat seekers for the jet so I own the skies now... Too bad they're still useless against ground forces. Main cannon needs a buff, if only for the A-10 and Frogfoot.

Bruiserk

GraveRobberX said:
Damn I have 0 people from GAF playing this (PS3)

/Forever Alone ; ;

Need Squad, I was @11 wins 0 losses, then got placed into noob central, lost 5 straight =/

I needs a good squad, please add me =3

Add me as well. My PSN Is the same as my GAF name: Bruiserk

LProtag

I want in on this if I'm going to be able to play with a community but... is the aiming on PS3 really that bad? Like am I going to rage at my TV?

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Is the aiming weirdness only on PS3 or is it 360 as well? BC2 on PS3 was my favorite shooter cause it was so so smooth, I could put dem crosshairs right where I wanted them. This aiming here kinda sucks, it feels jerky or something. Anyway, does 360 have the same issue?

darkwing

hmm I think the conquest Caspian map is too big for 24 players, too little action, to much traveling, and on the match I played, the top guy only had 7 kills lol

Squad Rush:

Seine Crossing - So awesome, especially the 2nd set defense!

Kharg Island - really nice, except for when we got the first objective and i respawned into an OOB area before the base moved up.

Operation Firestorm - Fun with Warehouses!

Damavand Peak - First base is ok, 2nd is lovely. yes, you get to base jump to the 2nd base.

Tehran Highway - Pretty nice urban sections.

Grand Bazaar - Lovely for Squad DM. So close and visceral!

Caspian Border - First base is lovely! Second base is kinda plain.

Noshahr Canals - Pretty tense on attack and defense for both sections.

Operation Metro - First set is really tense, second set is ok.

Overall, Squad Rush is crazy, had a few games go down to the wire, 0 tickets, crate armed.

DukeSucks

I'd like to have a few of you guys add me. I'm still learning, and not that great, but I enjoying helping the team. I don't want to add everyone and end up joining an elite squad, and not be able to pull my weight. Just don't have many people on my FL playing this game.
I want to play with GAFfers, just don't expect too much off the bat

PSN: LOLduke

or let me know and I'll add you guys.

How is everyone in here getting into squads (with people you want to)? PS3 here...

Invitations in the main menu work fine but if we start the game we get split up ?

You guys seem to get this organized somehow...

Dreamgazer, the recon DOES get points for spots and spawns on their kit items. they both show in the score log as a regular spot or regular squadmate spawn.

JJD said:
How can you manage the wait man??? My game is arriving tomorrow and I'm already going nuts!

WTF? This can't be real...it will probably be offered in some DLC...

Also, Faceless have you tried your out of bounds tactics? I get the feeling the new maps and the jump animation is not going to permit it...I loved that stuff on BC2...
i haven't found any USEFUL spots to jump to yet, but there are a few. also, on Seine Crossing, there are some areas where you can run out of bounds in a back street or alley and make it back inbounds. oh, and at the start of Seine Crossing Rush, you can run out of bounds to the Attacker's vehicle and drive it back inbounds within 10 seconds.

Tunavi

Banned
Screenshot_85.jpg

I was wrong!

I would really like to reiterate this.

If you are new to this community, especially ps3 bc2-gaf (of which this thread is a successor of) - please take an active role of adding people yourself.

For the many veteran regulars here, we easily have our FL filled on a regular basis. It is not worth our time to keep track/deleting/adding random people - especially if you're not going to be playing much/belong in a polar opposite time zone, etc.

If we get to know you, maybe we'll add you.
If we happened to play with you, maybe we'll add you.

Until then - check the google doc listing, find someone in your timezone and pm them a friend request yourself.

I may be coming off a bit rude, but this is really for your own benefit.

rdrr gnr

I really hate when having a game inserted changes the top option when you click on someone's user name. I meant to read like three friend requests right now, but I instead sent an invite. Sorry about that guys.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
olimpia84 said:
I still can't fly jets at all. What are the easiest control settings for them and for choppers? (something similar to BC2).

Also, this game has the most confusing map ever. You see an indicator showing a flag is being capped, looked at the real flags shown in the screen and none are flashing...this is confusing as hell

Agree to both. But the indicator is ABCD so that should help you a bit, AFAIK. Still sucks and really needs to be patch, as does the controls and maybe add in a button mapping (AND TEXT CHAT LOG). >_>

Anyone want to do co-op with me later tonight btw(8PM EST+)?

I want to unlock some of the weapons for mp + test out the chopper controls in co-op mission 2.

I would but I'm watching TV tonight for pretty much all night as I started to get into a few shows with no PS3 around. Sorry. >_> I could do this weekend depending on how the MagicGAF turnout is. >_>

Dreamgazer said:
There is honestly no incentive for anyone to play recon - other than sacrificing your spm for the team to have an easier win.

*SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH*

Honestly hope the motion sensing bot will make things better (but then piloting that thing means you won't have any actions in game.)

All DICE needs to do for you to be a points machine with recon:

-Spots with motion mine replacement is added as "spot assist" (of course they probably won't do this as the game would probably freak out trying to designate who gets the points if more than one mine is nearby, but I'd wager give it to both)

Spawn point that is yours gives points as "spawned on you" but not "Squad spawn on you."

BAM. Insta-point machine. Ask Noisepurge, that motion mine is pretty sick if you put it near choke points.

Tunavi said:
I'm bummed there's no battle recorder

Soon... if DICE actually keeps a promise for once.

Faceless said:
>>Squad Rush<<

Tehran Highway - Pretty nice urban sections.

The first part of that map is hilarious as a recon can lay down and lay fire from about three stories up at the starting spawn into "A"/first crate. It's crazy awful for the defense unless there's some cubby hole that sees the crate and isn't near the snipers area.

Also I won Squad Rush on Bazar with a good three randoms while I hanged back to provide support when they armed it. I'm not touching it again. Requires massive communication that is my weakness. :/

That said I totally OWNED my first Squad Rush on that Caspin Border or whatever with the jets and the massive tower thingy out in the country with three randoms that didn't know what to do. I got in a tank with one after a quick repair and laid waste to the enemy for about 19 kills. They take the tank out. I get out rush around the area to nearly out of bounds and proceed to lay waste to buildings. Got a <D 2.0> on three of them to win the game but I lost my killstreak in the process. :(

<D 2.0> isn't even called <D 2.0> anymore it's just "killed/death." sadface. :(

My enjoyment of the game so far has been pretty good. Definitely a lot better than the beta. Noticing some lag and other glitches which hopefully can be addressed in a patch. Physics seem silly at times but also funny. Was in a tank and blew up a guy and watched him fly in the air. :D

Xux

I like Canals. :( If I had to rank the Conquest maps after two nights of playing:

Caspian Border
Seine Crossing
Kharg Island
Noshahr Canals
Operation Firestorm

Damavand Peak

Grand Bazaar
Tehran Highway

Operation Metro

Though, a lot of my time in the maps with jets were spent in jets. Up to about an hour and fifteen minutes with zero kills. Should resist the temptation tonight and play them forreals.

Also, kinda lame that the CAS' are Rush only. Kinda wish they'd swap the fighters on a Conquest map for them just to have them in that mode.

TheSeks

I'm not saying I hate Canals, I think it's an okay map. But Canals Team Deathmatch with 24 players is utterly terrible. The spawns are SO BAD.

olimpia84

So based on my battle reports even if you quit a game at the very beginning and your team goes on to lose that match it counts as a loss! Any way to prevent this?

Beats

So I tried lowering the output resolution to 720p since it seems like it's a temporary fix to the input lag according to this tweet. It's hard to tell if there was a change since I got used to what it was "before". I played a few games, and I was doing a lot better, but that could be a result of other factors.

Has anyone else tried this? This is on PS3 by the way.

TheSeks

Beats said:
So I tried lowering the output resolution to 720p since it seems like it's a temporary fix to the input lag according to this tweet. It's hard to tell if there was a change since I got used to what it was "before". I played a few games, and I was doing a lot better, but that could be a result of other factors.

Has anyone else tried this? This is on PS3 by the way.

Unless my monitor upscales to 1080p without telling me (or the PS3 does), my output is 720p and NO it doesn't fix the terrible lag.

Az

I did much better today, lowered the sensitivity and it looks like it helped a tiny bit. Improving on my performance, but it all depends on what team I am on.

Ketch

Good times playing with some GAFers. But now I need to actually look at this weeks homework... and maybe do some stuff for work too. Every should add the GAF tag to there name for at least awhile, I didn't realize how many people in the match were from the forum until I was looking through battlelog well after I quit out. Also, how the hell am I top recon in the platoon? Those stats are way broken, I've never even played recon.

Highlights from the matches:
  • Getting a bunch of air born kills and unlocking some flares and missiles
  • Crashed my attack chopper into a jet... or maybe that was the other way around.
  • Destroying the enemy team in the tank with Bruiserk
  • Finally getting out of spawn on the crossing map to cap some points

Not so highlights:
  • Getting destroyed by that damn support mortar.. WTF that thing is nuts.
  • Getting shut down and stuck in the spawn on that damn crossing map, the only way I found to get out was to jump in the water and swim for it.

I have this on PS3 and I love the Multiplayer. Add me up if anyone wants to play. I die alot, but if you ain't dying, you aint trying in Battlefield. I am always going for objectives and a KD Ratio means nothing to me!!

PSN ID: Filth_Flannigan

Bruiserk

EasyTGT said:
Good times playing with some GAFers. But now I need to actually look at this weeks homework... and maybe do some stuff for work too. Every should add the GAF tag to there name for at least awhile, I didn't realize how many people in the match were from the forum until I was looking through battlelog well after I quit out. Also, how the hell am I top recon in the platoon? Those stats are way broken, I've never even played recon.

Highlights from the matches:
  • Getting a bunch of air born kills and unlocking some flares and missiles
  • Crashed my attack chopper into a jet... or maybe that was the other way around.
  • Destroying the enemy team in the tank with Bruiserk
  • Finally getting out of spawn on the crossing map to cap some points

Not so highlights:
  • Getting destroyed by that damn support mortar.. WTF that thing is nuts.
  • Getting shut down and stuck in the spawn on that damn crossing map, the only way I found to get out was to jump in the water and swim for it.

That was the first time I was killed by that thing, and it was by Farlanghn -_-

JJD

The Faceless Master said:
oh, and at the start of Seine Crossing Rush, you can run out of bounds to the Attacker's vehicle and drive it back inbounds within 10 seconds.

Lol, that's why I miss you on the PS3! Following you around while you're in sabotage mode is funny as hell! I've learned a lot watching you play!

I hope spectators mode is true, it would be even more badass if you could save or see previous matches!

I also hope the battle recorder is true, but I can't imagine how they're going to implement it...I mean, the consoles are already struggling to run the game...

Getting the game tomorrow...finally!

TheSeks said:
Unless my monitor upscales to 1080p without telling me (or the PS3 does), my output is 720p and NO it doesn't fix the terrible lag.

Do you game on a plasma or LCD? My 720p plasma has no input lag at all, then I bought a bigger one, 1080p and BC2 became unplayable outside game mode...if you have the option to turn game mode on it might palliate the problem...

TheSeks

JJD said:
Lol, that's why I miss you on the PS3! Following you around while you're in sabotage mode is funny as hell! I've learned a lot watching you play!

I hope spectators mode is true, it would be even more badass if you could save or see previous matches!

I also hope the battle recorder is true, but I can't imagine how they're going to implement it...I mean, the consoles are already struggling to run the game...

Getting the game tomorrow...finally!

Er-It's not like it's IMPOSSIBLE. The game will load the map/mode and then replay all positions like Halo 3/Reach and Call of Duty does.

I mean the Battlelog already saves results, I'm sure it can save placement and the like.

Love being tied into all the GAF BF3 community stuff.
360 GT (check)
360 Platoon (check)

Question..is there a PS3 Platoon?
I did the dual console purchase.

rdrr gnr

HIGH DEF JEFF said:
Love being tied into all the GAF BF3 community stuff.
360 GT (check)
360 Platoon (check)

Question..is there a PS3 Platoon?
I did the dual console purchase.
Yes, there is. Just search for it and it should have PS3 in the title somewhere.

->PLAY TO WIN<-

Day 2 Impression
  • 3.4 w/l, the journal back to 5.5+ continues.
  • Musemanmike already hit 7.0 w/l. T_T
  • Some of these Conquest maps are horribly unbalanced.
  • I'm rage quitting whenever I see US Noshahr Canals conquest lol.
  • Still feel limited compared to bf2/bc2 in terms what I can do.
  • The instructions in the OP to get our own GAF server did not work on the PS3 end.
  • I'll never get anyone to play CO-OP and unlock the guns lol.

I'm doing alright, but I miss my ace pins.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This game is fucking fantastic when the servers are working. Too much rubberbanding today, but still had a good time.

Also, got all 3 mvp achievements today. ;)

TheSeks

JJD said:
Do you game on a plasma or LCD? My 720p plasma has no input lag at all, then I bought a bigger one, 1080p and BC2 became unplayable outside game mode...if you have the option to turn game mode on it might palliate the problem...

LCD, so that can't be it. KZ2 had this by design, so maybe DICE thought they could get away with it. NOPE.avi, most of us don't stand for that shit.

Top Bottom